Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mango Polo posted:

Oh well, as you said it was funny for a bit until I had to be in a different room to keep playing.

Different question: is it worth buying a potato for the Grakata/would it be useful all the way through late game content?
I'm almost at rank 6, so the Soma is right there... but I do have Vital Sense/Hammer Shot/Split Chamber.

All of which will work better on the Soma. Vastly.

Grakata is kinda neat if you wanna spray some bullets in and cause a bajillion status procs but you could also just spray some bullets in and kill everything. Soma is just too drat strong. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Guess I'll wait till rank 6 then. Are any of the earlier rank weapons particularly worth investing in? Because all I tend to see people use after a while is Ogris/Penta/Soma/Prime stuff.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

AndroidHub posted:

A couple people asked for it, so here's a quick list of the helmets that I think are worth having for the stats they give. As a note, all of the percentages go off of base stats, meaning the stats your frame has at rank 0.
code:
Banshee(Chorus) 	+10% Power Efficiency 	-5% Stamina Max 
Excalibur(Pendragon) 	+15% Power Strength 	-5% Armor 
Frost(Squall) 		+15% Power Strength 	-5% Shield Max 
Loki(Essence) 		+15% Power Efficiency 	-5% Armor 
Loki(Swindle) 		+15% Power Range 	-5% Health Max 
Mag(Coil) 		+25% Power Range 	-5% Shield Max 
Nyx(Vespa) 		+15% Power Efficiency 	-5% Armor 
Rhino(Vanguard) 	+25% Movement Speed 	-5% Power Strength 
Saryn(Hemlock) 		+10% Movement Speed 	-5% Health Max 
Trinity(Aura) 		+25% Power Duration 	-5% Health Max 
Volt(Storm) 		+10% Power Strength 	-5% Stamina Max 
Volt(Pulse) 		+10% Power Duration 	-5% Shield Max 
And these last six have arguably good stats, but the benefits are extremely minor. Don't kill yourself trying to get them with stats, but if you have them you probably don't want/need to convert them
code:
Banshee(Reverb) 	+10% Energy Max 	-5% Health Max 
Ember(Phoenix) 		+25% Energy Max 	-5% Shield Max 
Excalibur(Avalon) 	+25% Shield Max 	-5% Health Max 
Frost(Aurora) 		+25% Armor 		-5% Health Max 
Saryn(Chlora) 		+10% Stamina Max 	-5% Power Duration (less power duration is generally a good thing on Saryn if you use her ult)
Vauban(Esprit) 		+10% Energy Max 	-10% Shield Max
Anything not on these lists probably have bad stats and you will want to convert them to wear once the time comes.

This list is pretty comprehensive and accurate, except reductions are based on totals. Esprit, for example, adds a flat 15 points of energy but removes 10% of your total shields.

I'd also add Locust (Ash, Energy Max +20%, Movement Speed -3%) and Gauss (Mag, Energy Max +25%, Movement Speed -3%) as helmets with minor benefits. 20 energy nets Ash one or two extra Smoke Screens for a fairly negligible reduction to speed (from 1.15 to 1.11). Mag has a slower base speed (1.0, which by now is slower than average, I think?) so it obviously hurts her more, but it might still be a worthwhile trade-off on defense missions or whatever.

Also, Ember is a stupid lovely frame, none of her alternate helmets help and nobody should play her ever.

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 26, 2014

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Mango Polo posted:

Guess I'll wait till rank 6 then. Are any of the earlier rank weapons particularly worth investing in? Because all I tend to see people use after a while is Ogris/Penta/Soma/Prime stuff.

The Hek is pretty great. Probably my favorite gun for high-level bullet sponges.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Mango Polo posted:

Bows are fun.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mango Polo posted:

The phage is amazingly fun and efficient. You're almost there for it anyway.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

PathAsc posted:

The phage is amazingly fun and efficient. You're almost there for it anyway.

Ah yeah I've seen a lot of phage too, but that one requires forma which I don't have any of yet.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

This list is pretty comprehensive and accurate, except reductions are based on totals. Esprit, for example, adds a flat 15 points of energy but removes 10% of your total shields.

I didn't actually know this, but it makes sense in some kind of bizarre :DE: way. And I left the ones with the movespeed reductions out because I have a need for speed, as should everybody who plays this game about space ninjas (I don't care now small the reductions are).

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 26, 2014

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Mango Polo posted:

Just use whatever weapons you think are fun to use, and don't worry about what people do for four-hour T3 survival missions and poo poo. Basically every weapon (and frame) is viable for general use with mods, and having fun with guns and abilities you like is more important than endlessly grinding out levels with Optimal Gear to the point that you are basically playing a spreadsheet simulator and you grow to resent the game (see thread title).

There are plenty of fun weapons available to you early on and they'll all murder poo poo perfectly well.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Mango Polo posted:

Ah yeah I've seen a lot of phage too, but that one requires forma which I don't have any of yet.

Start bumming towers off people and you'll soon be swimming in more Forma BP than you could ever conceivably use.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Fourthmeal Fanboy posted:

There are plenty of fun weapons available to you early on and they'll all murder poo poo perfectly well.

I'm having plenty of fun buying random blueprints and bringing the weapons to level 30. I was initially put off by the Boltor but now it's my favourite after buying it by accident.

But since I'm not swimming in forma or potatoes I'm wondering which of these early weapons would be cool investments right now.

I'll build myself a Hek tomorrow and see how that one goes.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

Esprit, for example, adds a flat 15 points of energy but removes 10% of your total shields.

Why have I not noticed this before now? :negative:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

By the way, they apparently fixed your sentinel loving up early rank tests. I accidentally started the Rank 3 Melee test with mine still equipped and he never fired a single shot.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

:siren:Excalibur Pendragon Helmet - Titan(Saturn) - 56m Remaining:siren:

Get it while it's got stats!

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

AndroidHub posted:

The mission changed to an exterminate halfway through and I didn't get a Pendragon BP on completion. Guess I'm filing a ticket - much obliged for the info, though.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
60 minute Tower 3 Survival. Rewards:

One Rare 5 Fusion core.
One Frost Prime Helmet.
One single Orokin Cell.
Two sets of 5000 credits.
SEVEN loving sets of 2500 credits.
Zero god damned Rhino Prime Chassis.

Nothing but this, over and over since about 9pm est(almost 4am now).

This is loving horseshit.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

BarkingSquirrel posted:

One single Orokin Cell.

I really wish they'd take another look (read; increase) the rare resource rewards from towers/survival/endless defense because while I'm fine with the RNG being a fucker one single drop per five missions/15mins/whatever has always been dumb as sin. They already give multiple clantech resources per invasion which are much harder to make, would 3 or 5 Cells/Neurodes whatever per invasion be so much to ask? Or just make reward amounts contingent on how long you've been in there. Wave 5 reward; one Orokin Cell, 2500 credits, whatever, Wave 30 reward; 12500 credits, 6 Orokin Cells, etc.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 26, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

They probably saw a sharp decrease in idiots buying cells whit plat after they started offering 3 cells for invasion missions.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I'd be able to shake'n'bake my frames in orokin cells.

edit: i need resource sinks for resources that aren't rubedo.

why does everything in the dojo takes piles of rubedo

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I have about 7 hours so far in this game, the first two with mouse and keyboard which was a terrible idea. I kinda have an idea of what's going on now but am still mostly clueless as to what any of the upgrades actually do so I'm basically doing it all blind (and very possibly wrong) but it's been fun. I was running around with some randoms the other night and in what was a massively scrabbly fight managed to put down Jackal though I used up every single one of my revives and had to be rescued multiple times, it was a brilliant clusterfuck.

I'm slowly reading through the wiki and working things out.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

88h88 posted:

I have about 7 hours so far in this game, the first two with mouse and keyboard which was a terrible idea. I kinda have an idea of what's going on now but am still mostly clueless as to what any of the upgrades actually do so I'm basically doing it all blind (and very possibly wrong) but it's been fun. I was running around with some randoms the other night and in what was a massively scrabbly fight managed to put down Jackal though I used up every single one of my revives and had to be rescued multiple times, it was a brilliant clusterfuck.

I'm slowly reading through the wiki and working things out.

So are you on PC or PS4? If PS4 let us know your PSN so we can send an invite to the clan or else follow the steps for applying to the master race from the OP. It can be confusing at first but once you get the hang of things and get some goons to run you through some of the places to get better upgrades/money/more frames it gets easier. Just remember for the first 3 master rank tests if you have a sentinel, unequip it or it can/will fail you for it killing something. Other than that buy a carrier blueprint from the market and build that first thing since it grabs all sorts of junk off the floor so you don't miss out on something you can't see. And you can only trade after you get your rank 2 and wait 24hrs. Then the amount of trades per day is what rank you are at. And revives and trades reset at 7pm EST or PST each day. So those 4 you blew through are going to get recharged. And the revives only apply to the frame it is used on.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
Should I buy the stat I hats I do not own yet (only a few, including the good one for Excalibur), or it will take a while until their stats are removed?

I gotta Chris Roberts them all!

I love cats fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 26, 2014

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Pierson posted:

I really wish they'd take another look (read; increase) the rare resource rewards from towers/survival/endless defense because while I'm fine with the RNG being a fucker one single drop per five missions/15mins/whatever has always been dumb as sin. They already give multiple clantech resources per invasion which are much harder to make, would 3 or 5 Cells/Neurodes whatever per invasion be so much to ask? Or just make reward amounts contingent on how long you've been in there. Wave 5 reward; one Orokin Cell, 2500 credits, whatever, Wave 30 reward; 12500 credits, 6 Orokin Cells, etc.

It is pants on head retarded to have lovely credit rewards in super tough, late waves in a game mode where you make several tens of thousand credits, anyway.

It is like being shown the middle finger. You get nothing! Nothing! gently caress you, Wonka!

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

AndroidHub posted:

I am at work. God drat it.

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly

I love cats posted:

I am at work. God drat it.

That was like 9 hours ago tho

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Denzine posted:

I'd be able to shake'n'bake my frames in orokin cells.

edit: i need resource sinks for resources that aren't rubedo.

why does everything in the dojo takes piles of rubedo

I was up to my ears in Rubedo after running a few missions in Phobos.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Sandweed posted:

They probably saw a sharp decrease in idiots buying cells whit plat after they started offering 3 cells for invasion missions.

This would not surprise me as the reason it changed to a beyond terrible 1 cell for 5 runs.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Chubbs posted:

I was up to my ears in Rubedo after running a few missions in Phobos.

Evidently everything in the dojo takes 15-20k rubedo and/or plastids because DE applied an annoying scaling to the cosmetic stuff.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Carecat posted:

This would not surprise me as the reason it changed to a beyond terrible 1 cell for 5 runs.

10 plat for a SINGLE orokin cell is even worse. Though I'm not in touch with how much someone can make in plat by selling prime drops and highly fused mods.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

It depends on what you're selling, but high-ranked mods and the rarer prime parts go for a few hundred each. Note that if you can make any of the high-priced mods/farm up any of the high-priced prime parts you're swimming in resources anyway because of how this game works.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Are sicarus and boar prime worth building? I have all the bits for both of these but dont know if there worth wasting 20 orokin cells on.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

smelly cabin filter posted:

Are sicarus and boar prime worth building? I have all the bits for both of these but dont know if there worth wasting 20 orokin cells on.

I am on my first forma rebuild of Sicarus Prime. I put some recoil control on it to centralize its bursts, so if you've got good off-hand aim, those triple-headshots will punish aliens on the run.

Boar's a shotgun. A lot of people dig boar. I am still one part away, but I hear it's somewhat comparable to Strun Wraith, King of Shotguns.

Denzine over there swears by Hek. Lots of people swear by Hek. These people don't have Strun Wraith.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Boar Prime outdamages every other shotgun that isn't Phage by at least 4K DPS on optimal build and has nearly twice the DPS of its non-Prime counterpart. Phage is 2K above that. Build Boar Prime and spit death at everything.

e: iirc, Hek held the King Shotgun crown for a long time, but then Strun Wraith took over, then Sobek (w/ bugged Accel Blast) beat that out, now Phage and Boar Prime are the ones you see the most depending on preference. Tigris gets an A for effort.

e2: Boar Prime's burst damage is 36K DPS, the highest of any primary (but still well under the threshold of burst secondaries). That's the selling point.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 26, 2014

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sicarus Prime is the most unfun prime weapon I've used so far, I didn't put a catalyst on it and just sold it after I got it to max rank because it was so stupid and lame and dumb and dull and weak and bad.

Boar Prime is pretty cool but it doesn't come with any polarities so if you want to use it for the toughest stuff you have to re-level it a lot. Depending on the mission it can also need a lot of ammo pads or the shotgun ammo mutation mod.

A lot of people talk up the Phage but it didn't seem very fun to me. It's effective but the enemies don't react to it at all, so I imagine it as sort of a Space Tickle Gun to explain why it does absolutely nothing to bad guys before they suddenly and gracefully wilt. I guess occasionally it does make an enemy you just killed go rocketing away into the distance but other weapons like the Synapse make that happen too so it gets no credit from me.

If you want something both fun and useful go Boar Prime. But I think for most situations Latron Prime and the Soma are more useful.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Boltor Prime is the automatic weapon of choice if you want something that's gold and sparkly for your primary, though it can be a pain to get the BP for it.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Shugojin posted:

Evidently everything in the dojo takes 15-20k rubedo and/or plastids because DE applied an annoying scaling to the cosmetic stuff.

I am a horrible clan member because I haven't donated any resources yet other than back when the trade hub was being built.

I'll see what I can contribute when I get home from work.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
Boltor Prime and Boar Prime are both very worthwhile. They both do tons of damage, have high rates of fire, and are reasonably accurate at medium range. They can both have very high status chance, which opens up a lot of options (blast/electric for crowd control, magnetic/corrosive/gas for optimized damage against certain enemies, etc). The Boar Prime is much easier to get right now, the BP for Boltor Prime is still selling for 60-70p.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
I got lucky with Boltor Prime. I got all parts on my first couple of runs for each tower mission type, granted soon after the patch. Same for anikos or whatever it is called, and Rhino. Since then, these parts seldom drop for me.

I have an extra part for boltor prime (can't remember which), if anyone needs it.

I do not know how to donate stuff because I suck. I would like to learn how to and not suck anymore.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 26, 2014

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

I love cats posted:

I do not know how to donate stuff because I suck. I would like to learn how to and not suck anymore.
How about a simple google search? This is the very first result
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_Dojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
Thank you. I will henceforth not be terrible anymore.

I use the wiki a lot. It did not cross my mind to search for that there, too. I am such an idiot.