Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

FortMax posted:

Heh. That's not a Dino Buckler, that's a Legacy Powetr Morpher with Zyuranger stickers. We have come full circle.

How do u know that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
I thought that it looked familiar, so I got my Legacy Power Morpher out to check.

The circled bump is from the raised screw hole on the battery cover, and flat area above the left red dot is where the battery information is.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

FortMax posted:

I thought that it looked familiar, so I got my Legacy Power Morpher out to check.

The circled bump is from the raised screw hole on the battery cover, and flat area above the left red dot is where the battery information is.

I'm at work so I can't look at mine, but the Legacy Morphers had black activation buttons too, right? If they do, I'm impressed they bothered to repaint the button for the screen prop version.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I bought a Black Condor Figuarts at Anime Boston and the left arm snapped off while I was posing it. There's $50 down the drain.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I bought a Black Condor Figuarts at Anime Boston and the left arm snapped off while I was posing it. There's $50 down the drain.

Try contacting Bluefin. I had issues with a joint on one of my MMPR Figuarts and they got me sorted out with a replacement.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

OZC posted:

Try contacting Bluefin. I had issues with a joint on one of my MMPR Figuarts and they got me sorted out with a replacement.
The right arm joint also seems a little squeaky, though I assumed that was just the way the figure is made. Could you describe the issues you were having so I know if I can say "hey I bought a slightly faulty product and this wasn't just me being a roughhousing dunderhead"? This is my first Figuarts so I don't really know about the workings at all.
Did you get the replacement figure for free (except for shipping)?

Nyarlathotep
May 29, 2003
Odd question here, when did the choreographed end credit team dances start?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's just GoBus and Kyoryu, right? I don't know about before Gokaiger, but Gokaiger didn't have a dance and ToQ doesn't really have a proper end credits sequence to speak of, so it's just those two to my knowledge.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Nyarlathotep posted:

I'm guessing Abaranger vs Hurricaneger. Or maybe Dekaranger.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I seem to recall some dancing in Magiranger's credits.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The right arm joint also seems a little squeaky, though I assumed that was just the way the figure is made. Could you describe the issues you were having so I know if I can say "hey I bought a slightly faulty product and this wasn't just me being a roughhousing dunderhead"? This is my first Figuarts so I don't really know about the workings at all.
Did you get the replacement figure for free (except for shipping)?

Sometimes the joints can be a bit squeaky, that's not entirely unusual, but depending on how severe the squeak is can indicate if it's a manufacturing defect. It's not a Figuart, but my SRC Daizyujin has an incredibly squeaky shoulder joint when rotating the arms, but it's held up fine and seems to just be a result of the plastic used in the joints. My MMPR White had a fairly quiet squeak but when I went to rotate the right arm back, it resisted a bit, so I tried rotating it the other direction and it resisted too. I've had other ones that put up a bit of resistance, so I tried to wiggle it a bit to loosen it up and it just snapped. When I got a look at the joint, it seems to have been molded incorrectly, like the two parts were incorrectly sized and simply forced together, which resulted in the resistance and break.

When I contacted Bluefin, I simply told them that the figure was brand new out of the box and in the process of posing it, the joint broke. They initially suggested contacting the seller (probably assuming I had gotten it from Amazon or something) but since I got it at a con, I told them that and confirmed that it was a Bluefin-distributed product. Not sure they'd actually ask, but I figured I'd beat them to it to save time, since I am fairly sure they won't deal with direct-from-Japan purchases. After that, as far as I remember since I can't find the email, they asked for my info, I sent them the damaged figure and got a replacement not long after that.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Nyarlathotep posted:

Megaranger has Bomb Dancing, Kakuranger has Ninja! Matenrou Kids, and I think there are a few others.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

OZC posted:

Sometimes the joints can be a bit squeaky, that's not entirely unusual, but depending on how severe the squeak is can indicate if it's a manufacturing defect. It's not a Figuart, but my SRC Daizyujin has an incredibly squeaky shoulder joint when rotating the arms, but it's held up fine and seems to just be a result of the plastic used in the joints. My MMPR White had a fairly quiet squeak but when I went to rotate the right arm back, it resisted a bit, so I tried rotating it the other direction and it resisted too. I've had other ones that put up a bit of resistance, so I tried to wiggle it a bit to loosen it up and it just snapped. When I got a look at the joint, it seems to have been molded incorrectly, like the two parts were incorrectly sized and simply forced together, which resulted in the resistance and break.

When I contacted Bluefin, I simply told them that the figure was brand new out of the box and in the process of posing it, the joint broke. They initially suggested contacting the seller (probably assuming I had gotten it from Amazon or something) but since I got it at a con, I told them that and confirmed that it was a Bluefin-distributed product. Not sure they'd actually ask, but I figured I'd beat them to it to save time, since I am fairly sure they won't deal with direct-from-Japan purchases. After that, as far as I remember since I can't find the email, they asked for my info, I sent them the damaged figure and got a replacement not long after that.
Excellent, thank you very much.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cernunnos posted:

I seem to recall some dancing in Magiranger's credits.

Magiranger's dancing was awesome.

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Nyarlathotep posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deknSTetGmw

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
I'd say the Maskman movie opening counts since there weren't any end credits.

Also, the Complete Selection Modification Kabuto Zecter order page is up. In addition to the new belt and all-out paint-job that comes with the CSM stuff, it has brand new Clock Up switch with sound effects.

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011
So I was thinking of watching Blade sometime soon. Is TV-Nihon the only sub group that's done it?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Someone's out there cleaning up the subs for Blade but you might want to wait until the first 16 episodes are done so you don't sit there going 'Why the gently caress is this show so bad?'

Apollove
May 31, 2013

FortMax posted:

Also, the Complete Selection Modification Kabuto Zecter order page is up. In addition to the new belt and all-out paint-job that comes with the CSM stuff, it has brand new Clock Up switch with sound effects.

GOD why does it have to be so expensive. I really want it badly.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

FortMax posted:

I have never wanted anything more in my life relating to toys. That belt looks absolutely gorgeous.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I remember someone mentioning it during the Decade episodes but the Sentai team colors are nowhere near as vibrant as they are when they're teamed up with the Riders. That seems to be the case with the ToQgers in the team up as well.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I know the costume design discussion has long gone, but one thing that came to me was the fact that they need at least five of each costume given the different numbers. While they could have one helmet each with just the number plate switched, there's nothing on the suit to indicate that the numbers can be changed so easily. That may be why the costumes are so relatively simple compared to the previous seasons.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Xelkelvos posted:

I know the costume design discussion has long gone, but one thing that came to me was the fact that they need at least five of each costume given the different numbers. While they could have one helmet each with just the number plate switched, there's nothing on the suit to indicate that the numbers can be changed so easily. That may be why the costumes are so relatively simple compared to the previous seasons.

I wonder if they go past ToQ #6. Heard rumors they're going up to 9

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Xelkelvos posted:

It looks to me that the suit is in two pieces, a vest and a bodysuit. There would still need to be a whole lot of pieces made, but if the bit with the big number on it is actually a vest, that would mean the part that has to be made in multiples is a lot smaller.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Basco is watching Super Megaforce.

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

you stupid bitch, fred flinstone's hee-home
Oh god, what if there isn't a Basco? :(

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh no, he's going to be so disappointed when he finds out that they cut his role completely for more evasions of explanations from Gosei.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm watching the back half of Kamen Rider Amazon now. It's a pretty fun show.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That episode of ToQger was neither cool nor fun.
Also why are the mooks suddenly Shadows instead of Crows?

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
The Crows are part of the Shadow Line.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

Nicktoons at six am? I thought that the revival was supposed to be doing well? That sounds like a deadzone.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

FortMax posted:

The Crows are part of the Shadow Line.
It's like seeing a Gormin and saying it's a Zangyack

They should have had Basco play Basco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLaNdhr2w6M

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

http://anotherimaginationstation.wordpress.com/2014/03/26/kyoryuger-vs-go-busters-the-great-dinosaur-war/

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
They went with Dinocharge Sentai Kyoryuger

It works pretty good, regardless of Power Rangers

e: also, those guys have started up Abaranger. Their releases are two at a time and are up to 32 in terms of scripts.

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 26, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dr Tran posted:

It's like seeing a Gormin and saying it's a Zangyack

They should have had Basco play Basco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLaNdhr2w6M
His English is even better than the guy who played Kabuto, it would have been great to see him play Basco in both shows.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I highly doubt that he (or really, any of the other Toei actors) would have agreed to one of Saban's draconian contracts even if they had realized that he was a native English speaker.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Cliff Racer posted:

Nicktoons at six am? I thought that the revival was supposed to be doing well? That sounds like a deadzone.

That's a repeat from last year's season.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Dr Tran posted:

They went with Dinocharge Sentai Kyoryuger

It works pretty good, regardless of Power Rangers

e: also, those guys have started up Abaranger. Their releases are two at a time and are up to 32 in terms of scripts.

Who's working on this? And has anyone seen the quality of their Abaranger script yet?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Flameingblack posted:

His English is even better than the guy who played Kabuto, it would have been great to see him play Basco in both shows.

Hiro Mizushima (Tendou) is american-born, english is his first language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Rei_ posted:

Hiro Mizushima (Tendou) is american-born, english is his first language.

Not sure where you're getting that from—he was born in Tokyo, he just spent a large chunk of his early life outside of Japan (Switzerland, iirc) which is where he learned English.

• Locked thread