Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kennel posted:

It's always great when people in comics can make precise observations and speak full, long sentences during split second action scenes.
Talking is a free action. :rolldice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

If only he had some sort of device that would shoot a strand of superstrong material to catch the girder in mid-air.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Holy crap!

Non Sequitur

Paulie's all like, "Right, I'm done." :v:

Heavenly Nostrils is still a day off.

Classic Carly Simon for those that are interested.

Kliban's Cats

:)

9 Chickweed Lane 3/25/2003

Yes, let's.

Zits

I was DJ at both of my proms, so I worked. My girlfriend at the time was cool with it, though.

Kevin & Kell

Well, the dude is pretty portly.

Nemi

My phone is dumb as a brick, so I spend time with my friends. Using my laptop. Usually at this place called somethingawful.com :v:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac Dil lives a rich fantasy life.

The Creeps also has mountain climbing fantasies.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Hopefully that's a good way to put it, I couldn't think of any better.

Fok_It

:(

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 25, 2014

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Tiggum posted:

How do you get your prescriptions? Because that's exactly what happened the last time I needed one.

Laserjet printer on a special form. Where I work we even have software that lets the doctors have a list of "favorites" that they can just check a box on and put in a number. Bad handwriting is a pretty big concern for safety and accountability.

That and remotely filing prescriptions directly to a chosen pharmacy, when available.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Wait, that looks like an even more exaggerated version of Fearless Fosdick, which we've already established exists as a comic strip in the Dick Tracy universe, so why would he assume this strip is a direct jab at him rather than a shameless ripoff of another, more popular strip? And I'm not even going to get into the fact that the in-universe paper seems to carry Annie even though Dick recently had dinner with the actual Daddy Warbucks because this post already reads like the yapping of an Excitable Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

I love the details in this one. It really shows what a conniving, self-serving rear end in a top hat Poncho is, while still being a dog.

Ballad Street

Hey, is that the Luxo Ball?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (January 4, 1927)

Peanuts, in which Snoopy has fantasies about skeletonizing a cow in under a minute. (March 28, 1967)

Oh drat, somebody beat me to Funky Winkerbean this morning...

Tiggum posted:

To prove that comics aren't just for boys she's telling a story about how she used to play video games?

Old-school arcades used to be considered a boy's club too, but never mind that: SOBRIEQUET? That's a $20 word in a $1.50 conversation.

Popeye: And while we're on the subject of stealing my thunder...

Rip Haywire

It's more strategic omissions rather than actual lying. At least until that last panel.

Pogo (March 27, 1957)

Out Our Way (September 3-4, 1924)

That type of talk is what gives dorgs piranha fantasies.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

RandomFerret posted:

Wait, that looks like an even more exaggerated version of Fearless Fosdick, which we've already established exists as a comic strip in the Dick Tracy universe, so why would he assume this strip is a direct jab at him rather than a shameless ripoff of another, more popular strip?

The author of this new strip knows Tracy.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

That last panel. I have been ranting the rant in that last panel for years :corsair:

When it first started being posted, I didn't quite get Fok_It, but now it is one of the things I look forward to the most. Thanks for translating and posting it! :tipshat:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

DON'T YOU COMPLIMENT ME, YOU SON OF A BITCH

Also, :lol: at that fleeing Hun.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

DON'T YOU COMPLIMENT ME, YOU SON OF A BITCH

Also, :lol: at that fleeing Hun.

Also, Slith's little bye-bye wave in the same panel :allears:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

TofuDiva posted:

When it first started being posted, I didn't quite get Fok_It, but now it is one of the things I look forward to the most. Thanks for translating and posting it! :tipshat:

Whoever writes it is a delightful weirdo, that's my take.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

I imagine a bachelor party in Funky Winkerbean would have similar material.

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

I'm not even going to say what that last panel looked like to me. It's too gruesome.

McArroni is... I dunno, Threadless.com in comic form?

The Meaning Of Lila: Re-runs, forever.

What a sad, short summary. "Lila finds happiness in shoes and lattes and is still on the look out for "Mr. Right"."

Medium Large is done by the writer behind Sally Forth, if I understand correctly.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Tomorrow: Cap'n Eddie vs. Heckbender!! :munch:

Jim's Journal

Well, why not, I say? Where is it written that fire alarms always have to be so alarming?

Johnny Hazard

What part of "being shot down by the enemy over open water" DOESN'T sound like trouble to you, lady?!

Krazy Kat

Trickery and base deceit!

Classic Mandrake

Trickery and base deceit!

Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future

"Our fruit is inedible! Abandon all hope!!"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Darthemed posted:

What a sad, short summary. "Lila finds happiness in shoes and lattes and is still on the look out for "Mr. Right"."

For anyone who came to these threads late, when Lila folded it was revealed that it just wasn't making enough money for the writer to pay the three(?) artists who work on it. On that.
Also seeing Medium Large again has me missing the goon that was friends with Mr. Sally Forth, who carried us messages from him.

Momma

That looks like an apocalyptic flood. Noah wisely looked over Momma and her brood.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

RandomFerret posted:

Ballad Street

Look at that loving dog.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Darthemed posted:

She didn't change much after adopting cancer girl, either.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Modesty's a hell of a fighter, but if it's the one hand bound together type like Willie did will she still be skilled enough?

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Nemi

My phone is dumb as a brick, so I spend time with my friends. Using my laptop. Usually at this place called somethingawful.com :v:

It crunches down to a good avatar if anybody wants it.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
^^^^^^^^ Oh poo poo, Borden, that's just loving excellent! ^^^^^^^^

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future

"Our fruit is inedible! Abandon all hope!!"

Seriously. I mean, they didn't even bother to check with Lero to see if they would have any loving food the could eat without dying before they left? And the "food capsules", don't bother checking to see if you eat the same crap before you leave!

And, jesus, Digby, STOP loving EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT, YOU GONE DIE!

:v:

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 26, 2014

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
drat that's a fine B-25H.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

GorfZaplen posted:

Heathcliff

Heathcliff's personal trainer is a vampire. :drac:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (March 7th 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Not to get in the habit of posting things from Tumblr, but I had to share this magic kit from 1957.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Normally I can't stand the typical "cute animal sidekick" but I really hope that striped little elephant thing sticks around in Dan Dare :3:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

She wants to study ballot measures. Pretty crazy!

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

He doesn't, but Ralph is the closest thing to a father he's ever had. :(

The Amazing Spider-Man

Gives the girder something to dramatically bounce off of before hitting the bus, I guess.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Gives the girder something to dramatically bounce off of before hitting the bus, I guess.

Oh please oh please let this turn into a giant bow and arrow aimed right at Iron Jonah.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Playing catch up, so here are yesterday's comics. I'll post today's later.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Playing catch up, so here are yesterday's comics. I'll post today's later.

Nancy

EAT poo poo GILCHRIST

That's sorta pre-emptive I guess.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Nothing says good comic writing like using other artists' copyrighted characters to justify your lovely Boomer-centric revisionism. Eat ten dicks, Gilchrist.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

I've always really like Oh, Brother! but this one was probably my favorite of the lot. :iceburn:

It's some real bullshit that this and Cul-de-Sac are in reruns while Lester gets paid to make Mike du Jour.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Howard Beale posted:

Nothing says good comic writing like using other artists' copyrighted characters to justify your lovely Boomer-centric revisionism. Eat ten dicks, Gilchrist.

"My name is Dagwood and the only thing I like more than sandwiches is my savior, Christ!"

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Foob is dead. Long live Luann.

dismas posted:

EAT poo poo GILCHRIST

That's sorta pre-emptive I guess.

Two words: Impossible.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Normally I can't stand the typical "cute animal sidekick" but I really hope that striped little elephant thing sticks around in Dan Dare :3:

I'm still kinda disappointed we didn't get to see more of Sir William after Marooned on Mercury. Hard to believe somebody'd evacuate and leave a friendly pooch like him behind to face the music (so to speak), but I've always been a sucker for Happy Animal Comix.

The LeftyBosco Picture Show

:3:

Gahan Wilson

:stonklol:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Hogg should have a skull mark.

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

my worst nightmare

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Holy poo poo.

Another early Classic Prince Valiant

What? Nooooooooo. :saddowns:

GorfZaplen fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

God drat it all Gilchrist.

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

Bud, it's not nice to make fun of the ghouls. It's not their fault the radiation didn't kill them.

GorfZaplen posted:

Another early Classic Prince Valiant

"By Zeus"? :crossarms:

• Locked thread