Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
yeah but who was feeding the rats to zombies at the fence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Grin and Tonic posted:

psycho girl was.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
No way, the hand was too tall and plus it was the governor. He kept sneaking in to cause a ruckus before he attacked. That's why he is missing an eye, to keep a mouse in the socket.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Grin and Tonic posted:

The things that are bad they are!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

:goonsay:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I have co-workers that did not pick up on the fact that the blonde girl was a psychopath. Even after the episode where she tries to suffocate the baby and also stabs the bunnies.

I feel like the show blatantly spells poo poo out for the audience but apparently its still not enough, maybe we need some on screen annotations and red arrows pointing at things that are important.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

That's my favorite moment of the show since

"I'll have sex with you"

"Really?!"

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

iSheep posted:

I have co-workers that did not pick up on the fact that the blonde girl was a psychopath. Even after the episode where she tries to suffocate the baby and also stabs the bunnies.

I feel like the show blatantly spells poo poo out for the audience but apparently its still not enough, maybe we need some on screen annotations and red arrows pointing at things that are important.

Have it like one of those shows that expose magicians trics. Just an hour of the Walking Dead with overly excited voice overs loudly explaining every minute detail. After every ad break you could have a mini catch up so you don't miss anyone. I'm sure someone out there would have their minds blown every episode.

Fakee: every show should end with who set off the alarm, fed the zombies, killed the security guards, and tortured the rats.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

iSheep posted:

Make it like Pop-Up video, or those little corner panels in comic books when talking about past events.

Tyreese: I found a crucified rabbit in the prison.
*bloop!* [Happened in season 4, episode whatever]

Mika: She's better at killing rabbits
[This happened two episodes ago! -S.G.]

I think the one time that viewers getting confused wasn't 'who set off the alarm' stupid was some people's reaction to the Morgan reveal in Clear.

IIRC, they cut to commercial right after they showed his face. My dad and a few friends that are kinda casual about the show didn't immediately recognize him as 'oh yeah, Morgan, from allllllllllll the way back in episode 1.' But about ten minutes later, when Rick was trying to bring him back to his senses with his 'we met after I got out of the hospital' talk, they were like 'oh, okay. He helped Rick, yeah, that guy.'

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
I started watching the show mid Season 3 so I missed the whole beginning and only had goon reactions to go on. I figured the Andrew setting off the alarms thing must have been somewhat ambiguous for so many people to be confused by it.

Then I watched it and no, it was actually incredibly easy to figure out.

I mean did people watching go "Hey, who was that completely random guy hiding out in the room where the alarms are and why did he attack Rick for no reason?"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I'm perfectly happy to be wrong, but the fervor with which people are advocating for the cannibalism thing makes me think this is something ripped from the comics that people are latching onto so they can consider themselves world class detectives.

Festivus
Feb 19, 2007
Rather its for cannibals or some other reason, I don't see the group staying at Terminus for very long. After they introduced Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita, they've pretty much already said where season 5 is going.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I gotta say again, I really like a few of the new additions to the cast. I hope Abraham, the girl Glenn found in the prison, Mr. Mullet and the leader of Darryl's new gang stick around for a bit, I could care less about Rosita however, hot as she may be.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Yeah leader of the bandit gang is weird mesmerizing.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Grin and Tonic posted:

He got that awesome gruff old hardass charisma like Kris Kristofferson.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
I'm usually a week or two behind on the show, and I always stay behind on this thread so I can read through the as-watching posts while I, too, watch the show.

Sometimes it's a pretty weak offering from the thread. But sometimes, I get rewarded with this:

ElectricSheep posted:

Ha ha, I claimed this and you have the floor which is hot lava so you're burning now. You're burning, you're dead, you can't play anymore.

And a close second:

Bored posted:

At least Glen doesn't have to worry about shooting her in the knee in order to make her a sacrifice.

Solid gold. Thank you thread. Thank you.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
People should really relax a bit about other people theorizing that a common post-apocalyptic fiction gimmick might appear in the post-apocalyptic fiction show we're all watching.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

That DICK! posted:

I'm perfectly happy to be wrong, but the fervor with which people are advocating for the cannibalism thing makes me think this is something ripped from the comics that people are latching onto so they can consider themselves world class detectives.
Honestly, I think most of the fervor is from people that are 100% sure that it isn't cannibalism. I expect that come next week, if they aren't cannibals, a lot of people are just gonna shrug (I am, certainly). And if they are, one or two people are going to throw little fits and complain how stupid this show "has become" and they're never gonna watch it again. But we'll see.

Tin Miss posted:

I started watching the show mid Season 3 so I missed the whole beginning and only had goon reactions to go on. I figured the Andrew setting off the alarms thing must have been somewhat ambiguous for so many people to be confused by it.

Then I watched it and no, it was actually incredibly easy to figure out.

I mean did people watching go "Hey, who was that completely random guy hiding out in the room where the alarms are and why did he attack Rick for no reason?"
I kinda wish I was watching the show back then, because that sounds pretty funny-stupid, I probably would've gotten a little laugh out of it. But for me, I don't think anything will ever beat the "Mike's Voice" thing from the Breaking Bad threads.

Grin and Tonic posted:

Dude must be a great character-actor, because I know I've seen him, and liked him, a million times, but I can't peg him to any particular role without looking it up.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 26, 2014

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I've been honestly surprised how little screen time Rick has gotten during this half of the season. I think it's the least of the entire series.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Grin and Tonic posted:

He's like a discount Ron Perlman in some bizarre way, and I love every second of it. Which is funny, after all the accusations during Season 3 of the Governor being a discount Liam Neeson. :v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Generic American posted:

He's like a discount Ron Perlman in some bizarre way, and I love every second of it. Which is funny, after all the accusations during Season 3 of the Governor being a discount Liam Neeson. :v:
I didn't even know you could be a discount Ron Perlman since Ron is known for doing really cheap roles.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

FlamingLiberal posted:

I've been honestly surprised how little screen time Rick has gotten during this half of the season. I think it's the least of the entire series.

I thought it was pretty funny that he got a shot in the preview for this episode and then it turns out he's literally in here for about 2 minutes.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

achillesforever6 posted:

I didn't even know you could be a discount Ron Perlman since Ron is known for doing really cheap roles.

If anything, the guy playing Sgt. Abraham is the discount Ron Perlman. The Kris Kristofferson comparison is spot on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'd be disappointed if it was cannibalism if only because every "serious" zombie thing that I've seen seems to go that route. Trying to remember if World War Z (book) did too.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
A big "Hahaha" at you people who think preppers have a chance if their insane zombie/end of the world fantasys came true.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing

leidend posted:

Trying to remember if World War Z (book) did too.

There's a poignant little story about the average family fleeing north to Canada and their group resorts to cannabalism.

Glenn has only expressed ambivalence about Eugene McGoon's plan, but if they don't have someone blow up on him about 'classified' information I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I really like Abraham Ford. He's the only person who consistently makes the smart decision for his level of intelligence. By that, I mean that he is a pretty dumb guy, but at least knows how to efficently accomplish his dumb mission.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Human Crouton posted:

I really like Abraham Ford. He's the only person who consistently makes the smart decision for his level of intelligence. By that, I mean that he is a pretty dumb guy, but at least knows how to efficently accomplish his dumb mission.

Abraham is a man who hates crap in a show that's full of it. He'll be fun to watch next season.

Soulwrangler
May 15, 2005

But the kids love us.
To be fair the comic handled the idea of cannibalism a little differently than most Zombie/Apocalyptic fiction and I can easily see Gimple/Writer's Room taking that and running with it.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

JEEVES420 posted:

It is really disturbing how many of you are hoping for cannibalism when there has been next to no evidence of that is what they are walking into. Something is really wrong with you people.

Why is there no hope that Terminus is a parallel of Sanctuary from the comic? They keep calling Terminus a sanctuary for all survivors after all.

It's just really loving disturbing when there's no one around, the gates are all unsecured, and the one person there is standing next to a grill the size of a human.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

iSheep posted:

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Festivus posted:

Rather its for cannibals or some other reason, I don't see the group staying at Terminus for very long. After they introduced Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita, they've pretty much already said where season 5 is going.

They have? Please elaborate?

That DICK! posted:

There are cannibalism stories in the comics and the video game and neither look anything like Terminus. Also as has been pointed out, predicting cannibalism in post apocalyptic fiction is like predicting a sunrise.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

rypakal posted:

They have? Please elaborate?
I don't know that it's definitely going to happen or if we're actually going to see it, but they're referring to the trio's destination, Washington DC.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Didn't Glenn get a powerpoint presentation about the plague? Shouldn't he say something?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

JossiRossi posted:

Didn't Glenn get a powerpoint presentation about the plague? Shouldn't he say something?

Readers of this thread don't remember that and they've had relatively easy lives. Why should Glenn?

i am bones
May 18, 2010

We are the Crystal Gems!
Grilled Beth? All new Sunday!

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Hey folks it's good to see you made it to terminus, I'll make you a plate.

Also on Tuesday it's Spaghetti Beth Wednesday

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That DICK! posted:

but the fervor with which people are advocating for the cannibalism thing

Why are people reading "yep, probably cannibals" as creepy boner stroking at the tantalizing prospect of cannibalism? I've seen that a few places and it's weird in its own right.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Maybe Terminus will somehow tie into those headless bodies we saw awhile back with their sins written on them, like I could see it turning out to be some violently "moral" cult. Though I guess those were found pretty far away from it.

But now with everybody missing things I'm worried that there's already been payoff for those and I forgot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Buzkashi posted:

Maybe Terminus will somehow tie into those headless bodies we saw awhile back with their sins written on them, like I could see it turning out to be some violently "moral" cult. Though I guess those were found pretty far away from it.

But now with everybody missing things I'm worried that there's already been payoff for those and I forgot.

It was pure allegory for the Governor's benefit. If you want an universe explanation it was whoever owned that cabin they got to but he left a while ago. It's also not exactly unique to that one person either (e.g., "Rich Bitch").

• Locked thread