Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

RandomFerret posted:

http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0050.html

Holy poo poo, make sure to read the notes on this one and click through the links. Then do it again.

I like how the second bullet isn't changed appropriately for Hypnotoads & Hyperchickens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Kajeesus posted:

This is the fourth funniest comic on this page. :colbert:

E: Well, poo poo.

What the gently caress is the joke even supposed to be.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Frostwerks posted:

That Goblins is a terrible webcomic?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Frostwerks posted:

I think he's still alive (because he has a lot of hit points) but he's stuck on the pipe and can't get up. Maybe?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Goblins isn't a joke webcomic it's a poorly written kinda over the top drama that occassionally contains jokes.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Dang it's "post longass webcomics day" I guess

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Frostwerks posted:

There's not supposed to be a joke. Somebody unironically wrote "well, impaling me on a pipe counts as a critical hit, but thanks to my high level and ranger class, I have enough hit points to easily survive," as part of a serious plot line. I think that's hilarious. Nobody said it had to be intentionally funny comics. :colbert:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Kajeesus posted:

There's not supposed to be a joke. Somebody unironically wrote "well, impaling me on a pipe counts as a critical hit, but thanks to my high level and ranger class, I have enough hit points to easily survive," as part of a serious plot line. I think that's hilarious. Nobody said it had to be intentionally funny comics. :colbert:

I think that, if you're going to make a comic about D&D, you might as well use the ridiculousness that the system is capable of pulling off to your advantage. The reason Goblins falls flat is the completely disjointed storyline and the way over the top grim atmosphere. Which is a shame because there are some things that I like about it.

Also here's some more Bogleech:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I like how the tendrils are gone from his shadow from panel 2, like it is startled but realizes the game is up by panel 3.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I swear there was a goon comic from years ago about a dude going to japan and he calls some chicks on the plane "loving gaijins" with a super zoom in.

Someone save my soul.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

What a bad comic. Of course Spigot knows that humour is dicks. :colbert:

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I swear there was a goon comic from years ago about a dude going to japan and he calls some chicks on the plane "loving gaijins" with a super zoom in.

Someone save my soul.

I remember the comic, and I think there were one or two more in the series, and I've tried to find them to no avail. What I'm saying is I second this request.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Twitch posted:

I remember the comic, and I think there were one or two more in the series, and I've tried to find them to no avail. What I'm saying is I second this request.

It was ones like these, right? I don't have any others but maybe this will be recognisable to someone.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Sezza posted:

It was ones like these, right? I don't have any others but maybe this will be recognisable to someone.

Yes! That's one of them. One step closer to digging up the past...

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
Not sure why I'm laughing at this one.

VinzKlortho
Dec 27, 2004
Are you the Gatekeeper?
As a goon, I feel cognitive friction caused by them not writing 'Not today, it doesn't'.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Sezza posted:

This is a long shot but do you have the metadata on that file? Did you save it from the thread or find it somewhere else? I might be able to hunt it down... (obviously the metadata on my copy just says the other day cause I saved yours)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Jesus christ, found it:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2334522&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

"Heh. - A story of Love" in the goldmine. Thanks http://saas.liarpedia.org/

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

VinzKlortho posted:

As a goon, I feel cognitive friction caused by them not writing 'Not today, it doesn't'.

I got that. So are we .mpg brothers now?

you may die
Dec 15, 2013

MichiganCubbie posted:

I thought it was supposed to be depressed and grimdark, with her hallucinating the kingdom as she suffocates.

Seriously? I'm pretty sure the point is that the story goes on for so long that you forget that she's in fat roll narnia, then at the end it reminds you.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Whatever it made me chuckle.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

MrGreenShirt posted:

Whatever it made me chuckle.

"You got an assface, boy! Am I right?"

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
I think Onstad is all depressed again. No new achewood this week and last weeks was late as well

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Nastyman posted:

"You got an assface, boy! Am I right?"

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

Radio Help posted:

I think Onstad is all depressed again. No new achewood this week and last weeks was late as well

What's the story with Achewood? I became a pretty big fan during the Great Outdoor Fight arc and followed it until it sort of... petered out a couple of years back. I've never read anything about why that happened, but I remember Onstad getting some stuff published in the New Yorker and everything looking pretty great for him around then. Also, what became of the animated version I saw teased around here?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
He got divorced and moved to Portland. He's done some work as a food critic there, I think. The animation idea didn't pan out.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Chas McGill posted:

He got divorced and moved to Portland. He's done some work as a food critic there, I think. The animation idea didn't pan out.

Apparently about a month ago he wrote his last food review for the Portland Mercury after two-ish years of being their regular. I have no idea what he's doing now.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

Don't have a fire cow, man
Running a craft soda company, apparently.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I have this saved from a couple years ago.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Basil Hayden posted:

Apparently about a month ago he wrote his last food review for the Portland Mercury after two-ish years of being their regular. I have no idea what he's doing now.

I haven't read the Mercury in a while so I didn't hear about that. his reviews were always really on-point.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Waluigi kills me every loving time.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Whispered Apologies was really good, back in the day. One person draws or arranges a blank comic, another comes in to write out the dialogue. I remember going through them and finding tons of great new authors and artists.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I think I've seen a version of this where the last panel was animated, it was pretty cool

• Locked thread