Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
The new multiplayer code is solid as a rock. I haven't seen a desync yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
500 piety is way too much for a county subjugation CB, I think.

e. oh, durr, it's a large scale cb. disregard, 500 is about right for that.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 26, 2014

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've been seeing some weird issues where wars end, but some countries don't actually release all of their seiged territories from other kingdoms. It's really bad if with an observe game I started in the latin empire start date it seems. The Byzantines currently hold half of the Latin Empire's holdings, but aren't actually at war with them. Similar is going on with the hordes and Cumania and Persia.

It's weird.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wow the Turk portraits are bad. I thought the potato people were bad, but the Turks somehow surpass them in every way.

Who's everyone trying as India? I think I'm gonna go with Gujarat 1066 first, just because of how fractured the map is at that point. Any other interesting starts?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wow the Turk portraits are bad. I thought the potato people were bad, but the Turks somehow surpass them in every way.

You mean Turks don't really look like gray-faced orks? My historical accuracy!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I had two sons, both geniuses. The eldest died but not before he had a son.

I have elective inheritance in the Kingdom and the Empire. I currently favor the younger son, not the grandson. I have the opportunity to change the Kingdom's laws to primogeniture. Will my son be my heir with primogeniture, or the grandson?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Charlz Guybon posted:

I had two sons, both geniuses. The eldest died but not before he had a son.

I have elective inheritance in the Kingdom and the Empire. I currently favor the younger son, not the grandson. I have the opportunity to change the Kingdom's laws to primogeniture. Will my son be my heir with primogeniture, or the grandson?

Your grandson will inherit under primogeniture.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Ive been too busy playing EU4 and just now came to know that we have a new CK2 expansion.

Is it any good? Feature list seems interesting, but drat paradox, stop making me expend money on CK2.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Hmmm, I guess they finally nerfed NK mode. drat. :(

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Elias_Maluco posted:

Ive been too busy playing EU4 and just now came to know that we have a new CK2 expansion.

Is it any good? Feature list seems interesting, but drat paradox, stop making me expend money on CK2.

I'd give it a few days. There's a few nasty bugs that could use tweaking. Nothing huge, small enough that a hotfix should do the trick, but collectively a bit of a pain.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Was decadence hard to manage before? It feels like a buff to Muslim leaders now, it's so easy to manage.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
It was bad enough to make Muslim characters super unfun yeah. It probably needs to be tweaked.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Gort posted:

Was decadence hard to manage before? It feels like a buff to Muslim leaders now, it's so easy to manage.

If you like to populate your realm with your dynasty then it was impossible, especially in larger realms.

Mannetosen
Aug 22, 2010

What's all this racket up here, Barnett? You watchin' your girl cartoons again?
I'm having a ton of fun playing as the Shah of Afghanistan. The Samanids immediately declared war on me but I hid in the mountains and went all Rambo 3 on their asses. I've been using the money I get from slapping around the two Muslim blobs next to me on mercs and the 8k man holy order hindus start with (which is beyond ridiculous, by the way).

So much fun.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Well I gave up on playing as Buddhists starting from Old Gods because gently caress that 50% revolt modifier. I was doing fine and could probably have kept going but there's a point where chasing two/three revolt stacks around your country goes from 'tolerable' to 'bullshit'

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Holy crap I forgot how easy it was to expand quickly in vanilla without a five-year cooldown on Holy Wars.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
What can I do when my son who I already straightened up becomes decadent again? Can't ask him to stop because I already did before and can't imprison him because I don't have a reason.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

GrossMurpel posted:

What can I do when my son who I already straightened up becomes decadent again? Can't ask him to stop because I already did before and can't imprison him because I don't have a reason.

Stab him?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Save is long gone now but for some reason that plot wasn't available.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

GrossMurpel posted:

Save is long gone now but for some reason that plot wasn't available.

You can't plot to kill your kids but you can assassinate them through the diplomacy screen. As a Muslim it's probably better to just imprison and execute though because you don't get any tyranny for openly murdering your dynasty members.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I just went into the RoI events and commented out every event that had to do with "religious_unrest". It's about 4 or 5 related events in the new event file. Sorry, but dealing with 2-3 simultaneous peasant revolts every year is not my idea of a good time. I'm really astonished that this didn't seem to come up during playtesting!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

DrSunshine posted:

I just went into the RoI events and commented out every event that had to do with "religious_unrest". It's about 4 or 5 related events in the new event file. Sorry, but dealing with 2-3 simultaneous peasant revolts every year is not my idea of a good time. I'm really astonished that this didn't seem to come up during playtesting!

Hahaha, implying Paradox does play testing, and doesn't just wait for their audience to pay to playtest for them.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Even the slightest bit of play testing should have shown this. Like, when I work on my mod, after every change, I constantly go into CK2 again just to see if I haven't effed up somewhere and screwed things up. The fact that governing as an Indian is like poking at a nest of angry hornets is something that should have been plainly obvious just when doing "Not Effed Up" testing.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

ThomasPaine posted:

As a Muslim it's probably better to just imprison and execute though because you don't get any tyranny for openly murdering your dynasty members.

I haven't played RoI yet, but in the preview vids Doomdark said that you will get tyranny for that now, except for when they refuse to follow your advice and stop being decadant. So yeah, ask him to shape up, then imprison/execute him if he refuses.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Allyn posted:

I haven't played RoI yet, but in the preview vids Doomdark said that you will get tyranny for that now, except for when they refuse to follow your advice and stop being decadant. So yeah, ask him to shape up, then imprison/execute him if he refuses.

Doesn't work if he becomes decadent again (after accepting) though, which is the dumbest.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
The rollback function is working well. Spent a couple of decades playing 2.04 Hispania this evening rather than deal with the borked expansion.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Oh wow, I thought I should share this gem from the Paradox forum:

Seems like they screwed something up when they made tumbling equal opportunity. Natural children from same-sex couples in the middle ages, very progressive Paradox!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Torrannor posted:

Oh wow, I thought I should share this gem from the Paradox forum:

Seems like they screwed something up when they made tumbling equal opportunity. Natural children from same-sex couples in the middle ages, very progressive Paradox!

Rather than natural children, isn't this more like parthenogenesis?

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Rather than natural children, isn't this more like parthenogenesis?

It's a goshdarn miracle, that's what it is! :v:
Praise be!

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
Glad to see that a new Paradox patch isn't failing to deliver. I'll be back when the second hotfix is released.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
So I never really played in affairs with the UK, started a game last night as Scottland, created Alba and got to their 500-man Pike Retinue.. are these supposed to be game breaking? I had a 6k stack last night and it just didn't matter who threw what at them they just kept steamrolling through armies double and once triple their size. I had 17k troops + my 6k pike retinue stack and dismantled whatever the HRE threw at me.. is this intentional?

Normally play some manner of German/Norse/Muslim game but finally tried Scottland for the first time and didn't realize they had access to pure 500-pike retinues, just wow.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

DrSunshine posted:

Even the slightest bit of play testing should have shown this. Like, when I work on my mod, after every change, I constantly go into CK2 again just to see if I haven't effed up somewhere and screwed things up. The fact that governing as an Indian is like poking at a nest of angry hornets is something that should have been plainly obvious just when doing "Not Effed Up" testing.

A reminder than EUIV shipped with coalition members being able to prevent their warleader from negotiating for them.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

The Scottish Pike retinue is... good, but strange. They have lots of bonuses to defense IIRC? I know during a crusade I managed to park a stack of 8k on a mountain and let a 23k stack smash into it, and came out with only 2-3k dead with them having lost 18k of their stack.

If you can lure opponents into hitting you, they can be one of the top retinues.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!

KittyEmpress posted:

The Scottish Pike retinue is... good, but strange. They have lots of bonuses to defense IIRC? I know during a crusade I managed to park a stack of 8k on a mountain and let a 23k stack smash into it, and came out with only 2-3k dead with them having lost 18k of their stack.

If you can lure opponents into hitting you, they can be one of the top retinues.

yeh they were mostly defensive battles that you mention it, enemy has 2-3x more than you they are more than willing to smash into you, guess that's the result.

Agent Boogeyman
Feb 17, 2005

"This cannot POSSIBLY be good. . ."
So it's not just me and the revolts ARE a little ridiculous over in India? Playing a big multiplayer game with a couple of friends and, my God, the peasants would just NOT leave me alone. Currently in a Regency Council after my second king died and that makes it EXTRA hard to deal with them since my personal manpower is about 900 and my vassals, though providing 5000, will get grumpy if they're forced to be perpetually raised to kill armies of angry peasant with pitchforks for eternity. Which leads to more factions and MORE revolts. About the only good thing to come out of this is going from having only a handful of my vassals liking me to all f them well into the positive relations with me because I keep stamping out upstarts in their land.

I am hoping they hotpatch this, because yeah, this is kinda bullshit. Until then, is there a reasonable way to deal with it in game that doesn't rely on random chance (Chaplain conversion) or time (Culture conversion)?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

KittyEmpress posted:

Hahaha, implying Paradox does play testing, and doesn't just wait for their audience to pay to playtest for them.

I'm not saying it's ok stuff like religious unrest makes it to release, but imagining we don't playtest is pretty silly. Stuff can be noticed without there being time to fix it over more critical issues, or fixing one bug can reveal another which was it was previously hiding.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Another little bug I've noticed is that marriage announcements only list one person's name, twice. Like if I marry my son it will say "I accept your decision for a marriage between Raja MySon and Raja MySon" followed by "Raja MySon and Raja MySon have gotten married, pay for the wedding, people respect wealth, etc etc." Not limited to India, either. Nothing gamebreaking but worth taking a look at.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
I think I found another bug: I was playing as a one province minor count in one of the big Indian kingdoms. A nearby Muslim kingdom had two provinces rise up in a Hindu revolt so I, being a good Hindu, decided to join their war. They lost and when they accepted peace my province switched realms and my new liege was the Muslim king. Presumably this isn't intended behavior.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Darkrenown posted:

I'm not saying it's ok stuff like religious unrest makes it to release, but imagining we don't playtest is pretty silly. Stuff can be noticed without there being time to fix it over more critical issues, or fixing one bug can reveal another which was it was previously hiding.

What the gently caress is going on with Merchant Republics then? Because that's pretty obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

So I'm having trouble getting the religious unrest to actually go away. I have a couple provinces that are fully Hindu, ruled by Hindu rulers, and I have my moral authority hovering around 80%. Is there a MTTH that I'm missing? I've been at this a couple years and Its just not going away, I'm sure my elephants must be a foot taller from all the peasant goop permanently stuck to their feet.

TaurusTorus fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 26, 2014

• Locked thread