Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Is it worth spending money on one of the founders packs if I could get a beta key for free? Basically, how good is this founders pick (or other items)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

nelson posted:

Is it worth spending money on one of the founders packs if I could get a beta key for free? Basically, how good is this founders pick (or other items)?

The Founders Pick is quickly replaced with better picks within a couple of hours of gameplay. We also have no idea how big of a headstart Alpha people will have over Beta since they do not start with a pick since we never had to do that.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

nelson posted:

The founders packs are really cosmetic items that will not be purchasable once the game starts.

There are already items (costumes for example) in the cash shop that are pretty nifty, and many of the founder items are replaceable with normal items. The pick / axe is the equivalent of a stone axe from minecraft. Getting a magic ring is meaningless in game terms and the other items may appeal if you can't imagine living without a rare magic portal mirror or special costume.

You won't suffer if you don't buy this stuff. You should buy it if you are a financially well off completionist with OCD who will be forever disturbed by missing out on collectables.

Also, don't buy materials with station-cash. Spending it on a pretty dress is a far better deal.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Georgeson tweeted that this update has pretty dress crafting so buying pretty dresses is not a great idea either.

Also, update notes are out.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So should I uninstall alpha or can I install the beta launcher over it to save on downloading some files?

alathar
Jan 6, 2004
O_o

Landmark forums announcement on 3/25 posted:

You will need to download a new launcher for Closed Beta. E-mails with the new download link will be sent out tomorrow (March 26). You do not have to uninstall your Alpha launcher, but it will take up a considerable amount of space and is highly recommended that you remove it. The Alpha launcher will not automatically update to the Closed Beta launcher; it is separate. The download instructions will also be posted here on the forums.

Looks like having the alpha installed doesn't save any time/bandwidth.

I'm excited to try out Landmark! I was tempted to buy into the alpha but managed to hold off until now. If anyone ends up with a spare key from their trailblazer pack it'd be appreciated.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

jabro posted:

So should I uninstall alpha or can I install the beta launcher over it to save on downloading some files?

Georgeson says the Alpha build is completely useless now, and you should only save it if you're a digital hoarder.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

To be fair, they have said they want to make it so the founders pick stays useful. And with axe changes now, while slow it should at least be able to harvest any type of wood unlike faster low tier axes. Who is starting up today? Any planned island for goons to group on?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

I'm an idiot with too much money who threw down $100 and played the alpha for about 25 minutes. How do I give people smarter/poorer than me keys.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Azerban posted:

I'm an idiot with too much money who threw down $100 and played the alpha for about 25 minutes. How do I give people smarter/poorer than me keys.

I believe you'll get an email. When you get it could you send one of the keys to me?

alathar
Jan 6, 2004
O_o

Azerban posted:

They claim keys will be emailed as soon as the servers are up (along with download instructions). Who knows when that will be though!

CupBoy
Aug 7, 2002

It's a bloody cup.

David Georgeson posted:

Here's your ETA: Get ready. 15 mins? Don't kill me if I'm wrong, but it looks like that now. :)

I'm ready. Are you ready?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Does anyone know if this will run with Vista yet?

Also is there a lot of fun to it so far, or is it more of a microtransaction gimmick type deal.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

If you like the building/harvesting side of minecraft type games, then yes there is plenty of fun to be had. But there is no combat yet... And no "real" underground mining(caves not in) yet either. I'm in cts for any one who is getting on there is a channel in there for landmark.

CupBoy
Aug 7, 2002

It's a bloody cup.
Download link: https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/downloadLandmarkLauncher.action?theme=eql

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Are we still on Serenity or what

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I moved to adventure/terrace, if anyone plans to hang out there. I thought a tier 4 tropical/tundra was a cool place so threw down a claim close to the spires.

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 27, 2014

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Got my four extra closed beta codes in the mail. To whoever snags them, enjoy!

V92JX6674R6X362DFPNK

HARZXGPX274D46RKRU46

TH426JA6NF6CTCRH63TT

R77RGZMGXTZAX3VHMPTN

They didn't include redeeming instructions, so my guess is you're supposed to enter it here.

e: Aaaaand they're gone.

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 27, 2014

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

kuroiXiru posted:

TH426JA6NF6CTCRH63TT

Took this one, thanks!

alathar
Jan 6, 2004
O_o

kuroiXiru posted:

V92JX6674R6X362DFPNK

Got this one, thank you!

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

kuroiXiru posted:

Got my four extra closed beta codes in the mail. To whoever snags them, enjoy!

V92JX6674R6X362DFPNK

HARZXGPX274D46RKRU46

TH426JA6NF6CTCRH63TT

R77RGZMGXTZAX3VHMPTN

They didn't include redeeming instructions, so my guess is you're supposed to enter it here.

Woah, randomly checked thread and grabbed one of these:

R77RGZMGXTZAX3VHMPTN

Thanks so much!

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

kuroiXiru posted:

HARZXGPX274D46RKRU46

I got this, thanks so much!

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
Here's another four keys for some goons:

7KPXAJ69C2E7MHHXXRXA

A9R6FZHARRXG6693442T

9AMGC24HT7364D9ATM4J

JH3JZR474FEANAGH6FRE

edit: Well that was quick.

Magog fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 27, 2014

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Magog posted:

JH3JZR474FEANAGH6FRE

Got this one.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Magog posted:

9AMGC24HT7364D9ATM4J

Took this one!

saiyr
May 23, 2004

Magog posted:

Here's another four keys for some goons:

7KPXAJ69C2E7MHHXXRXA

Got this one, thanks! :)

Dangerpants
Aug 11, 2005

Grabbed this one:

Magog posted:

A9R6FZHARRXG6693442T

Let it be known Magog is one hell of a gentleman and a scholar.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Aw poop. Missed the codes.

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
I just downloaded the game, started on Serenity as Erephus.

Is the map as small as it seems or do it expand? I suspect it will be full tomorrow.

E: Seems that alot went with a claim on Adventure so I placed mine there as well.

erephus fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 27, 2014

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Go nuts, get in quick!

HEVPXMRX446P6PEUH7D3

3FRKXNZ6MC4MPXNP7HM6

VTC9ZPUGVED9PEKT9JKU

HMJAHKAJVMPXFPXGP4XR

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 27, 2014

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Rasmussen posted:

VTC9ZPUGVED9PEKT9JKU

Taken.

You are the best at everything, thank you.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Rasmussen posted:

HMJAHKAJVMPXFPXGP4XR

Snagged this one, thanks.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rasmussen posted:

Go nuts, get in quick!

HEVPXMRX446P6PEUH7D3

I grabbed this one. You rock man. If you need anything in game I'll help out.

AngstPenguin
Oct 10, 2006

Gonna jump into Adventure for now.

starfish
Dec 21, 2004

I stuck a claim on Adventure - Oxbow. I figured if T4 is anything like T3 when it comes to getting materials to upgrade tools I'll be spending a lot of time there. That and I got a spot super close to a spire.

Crotch Turtles
May 1, 2005

by Lowtax
Pretty choppy on my i5 2500k :(

And setting low graphics makes everyones skin green. I'm alpha testing orcs!

edit for picture

http://i.imgur.com/dXzPxXT.jpg

Crotch Turtles fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 27, 2014

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Ahhhhh! I started it up and Dave's face filled the screen. Well played SOE. You owe me new underpants. On as Oozey. Probably just going to wander for a bit.

Spiky Ooze fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 27, 2014

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
I'm in Adventure also, charname 'Shinino', so we can friendslist.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That dave video was unexpected but cool. On Adventure as Ogglor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Any chance somebody has a key I could pinch? That'd be awesome.

• Locked thread