Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently Dan is a sex symbol in France.

So, do they pay attention to their likes/dislikes? That blurb at the start said they only want to include games girls like, and I can't imagine any girl I know giving nose doctor a thumbs up :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Lost Generation posted:

So, do they pay attention to their likes/dislikes? That blurb at the start said they only want to include games girls like, and I can't imagine any girl I know giving nose doctor a thumbs up :stare:

I can't imagine anyone giving nose doctor a thumbs up.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

No, they just put up what gets the most clicks/ ad views, let's be real here. Also I think there is a morbid fascination aspect with the nose and teeth doctor games.

Devious Vacuum posted:

:siren: UPDATE :siren:

with Panzer Skank

Quotin' for new page~

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Devious Vacuum posted:

:siren: UPDATE :siren:

with Panzer Skank

I am probably going to regret this, but what video has the eye surgery you mentioned in the video? That sounds brilliantly horrifying, especially if it's worse than the goatsesque nose plundering you've displayed in the latest video.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
That Hairdressing game seems designed for exactly one thing.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I love how psyched Dora was to have her nostrils enlarged.

Brinty posted:

Yessss.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

tinkerttoy posted:

I am probably going to regret this, but what video has the eye surgery you mentioned in the video? That sounds brilliantly horrifying, especially if it's worse than the goatsesque nose plundering you've displayed in the latest video.

The one with Kaubocks in it!

Brinty posted:

Yessssssss

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Devious Vacuum posted:

with Panzer Skank

I am just indescribably upset that Voidburger got adorable puppies and you do this to me. I thought we were friends.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Panzer Skank posted:

I am just indescribably upset that Voidburger got adorable puppies and you do this to me. I thought we were friends.

Secret Spoilers: This was originally going to be Voidburger's video way back when she tweeted at me that she hadn't caught up with the LP yet and didn't want to guest until she had.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow that nose game is so bizarre. It looks like they all shoved tomatoes into their nose. Also wondering if this "Daria games" website has a dressup game about Daria from the show of the same name.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Devious Vacuum posted:

The one with Kaubocks in it!

I see how it is. You're trying to crush their spirits with horrible doctor games to sabotage their Saint's Row 2 lp aren't you? Who hired you? Was it Ritcheyz? Schoolmunkee? This doesn't have to end badly for you if you just confess.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Devious Vacuum posted:

You can't put clothes on horses, it doesn't work.

Dvac, why must you turn this LP into a house of lies? <:mad:>

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Those aren't clothes! Look at that pony we put in a wedding dress during the stream and tell me that is the same thing.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

I didn't say they could wear wedding dresses, I said they could wear clothes. :colbert:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Why are those men riding 70s couches?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Meowjesty posted:

Why are those men riding 70s couches?
They're very comfortable.

Gearface
Feb 25, 2013
"I'm gonna have to put a warning on this video."

- Devious Vacuum, seen here lying to the internet.

Golden_Zucchini
May 16, 2007

Would you love if I was big as a whale, had a-
Oh wait. I still am.

Gearface posted:

Hey, she did call the update Body Horror. I got about what I was expecting.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Gearface posted:

I am such a god drat liar.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I remembered average body temperature as being around 36.6 degrees Celsius, but apparently it varies based on a wide range of things, and the average is around 37 degrees.

So that doesn't seem too bad as a kind of target in that otherwise bizarre game about reducing fever via kissing.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
36 is alright, but is usually slightly shivering. If the scale on the thermometer is linear, it tops out at 43 degrees Celsius, which is normally very fatal (it's equivalent to 109 degrees Fahrenheit). At that point you suffer from possibly vomiting, continuous convulsions, shock, irregular heartbeat and/or total collapse of the circulatory system. The chances of getting out of that condition without permanent brain damage are slim, if you survive. You're probably not in any condition to kiss, is what I'm saying.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Look, Barbie is dating a dementor whose kisses drain heat from her very core and I don't think we should judge her for it.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

This is how you put clothes on a horse.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I didn't say they could wear wedding dresses, I said they could wear clothes. :colbert:

If that isn't horse clothes then nothing is horse clothes. Knights just insist on making everything fabulous, don't they?

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
I had to turn away at the nose game, Girl Games aren't for the faint hearted. The teeth games are sort of okay since checkerboard teeth are obviously a bit wacky, but a nose filled with bleeding boils is just disgusting.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Howdy folks,

So I recently came across a Girl Games site called 123Peppy.com. It has ACTIVITIES. Such as:

How to Draw
http://howtodraw.123peppy.com/

and,

Crafts
http://crafts.123peppy.com/

If any of you are willing and brave enough to try some of these out, please post your results in the thread! I am going to do some of the drawing ones, and possibly try to make an apple swan without cutting my fingers off.

Devious Vacuum fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 28, 2014

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE
Hey kids.

Wanna learn how to draw a house that eats people?

Wanna learn how to draw Powerpuff Girls slash fiction?

Wanna learn how to draw Pikachu?

WANNA LEARN HOW TO DRAW PIKACHU?

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
~~~~~~~~~~~~Every kid's dream~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let us Learn How to Draw a Dehydrator Tray
For Step by Step Guide for How to Draw a Dehydrator Tray"

http://howtodraw.123peppy.com/excalibur-dehydrator-tray/1581

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

100Dachshunds posted:

Let us Learn How to Draw a Dehydrator Tray
An Excalibur Dehydrator Tray. :hist101:

In the section Shading Exercises they have one "How to Draw a Manga".

The only image, that shows any skill put into it there, is a landscape in the watercolours section.
http://howtodraw.123peppy.com/how-to-draw-a-scenery---water-color-painting/100

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

'Sokay, I wasn't going to sleep tonight anyway.

http://howtodraw.123peppy.com/baby-face/1760

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RoeCocoa posted:

'Sokay, I wasn't going to sleep tonight anyway.

http://howtodraw.123peppy.com/baby-face/1760

Considering the words Peppy printed on his head and how he looking, I am thinking this is a baby Brian Peppers.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 30, 2014

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Oh hey, you made me Google Brian Peppers and it turns out he's from my hometown. Represent!

On topic, I'm getting a puppy tomorrow so I'm going to show off some puppy themes girl games soon to commemorate the event.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Bacchante posted:

I'm told that, pre-contact, Maori culture used to be a lot more respectful towards both women and children. A lot of the family violence issues you hear about nowadays stem from the introduction of the European culture which believed women were nonentities and children should be seen and not heard. And that issues with either could be corrected via the back of the hand.

This is from a few pages back but I've read some feminist and post-colonial theory indicating this was the case among native peoples in Mexico and elsewhere too (I think it was Anzaldua on machismo? Does that sound right to any liberal arts grads?).

Also: I finally caught up with this thread! I hope to participate soon, a recent DVac video had a tempting thumbnail for some kind of game about DOG SECRETS

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Not quite a girl game but relevant to some of the issues on this thread so I thought I might ask here.

Deception 4: Blood Ties recently came out in the EU. In Japan and Asian territores, it was called Darkside Princess. Now, OK, I can see why they might not have wanted to have the word Princess on the cover of a game that is very definitively not for youngsters of either gender - I recall that the casual game Pirate Princess had to change its name to Word Pirate probably for similar reasons.

What's weird, though, is that the word Princess has not just been taken off the cover but utterly expunged from the game - any time a character used the word it's been changed to "My Lady" or something similar. Bear in mind that this is not a game that cares about offending people, given that the main character is the devil's daughter and spends most of the game knocking people into incinerators with giant pendulum axes.

So, yea, WTF? Is this something to do with "girl games don't sell" or just some kind of offense to that particular term?

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

hyphz posted:

So, yea, WTF? Is this something to do with "girl games don't sell" or just some kind of offense to that particular term?

This reminds me of how The Princess of Mars was changed to John Carter for the movie release. In that case, it was because they thought no little boys would go see a movie with "princess" in the title. It could be the same reasoning, that for some reason mentioning princesses automatically means your game is only going to be played by little girls (?!?). It's oddly specific, but I guess it's part of that overall "stories about women don't sell" mentality that has held media back for so long.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Princess is the least threatening royal title (Compare duchess, queen, empress) that someone can hold. If you're the devils daughter, and flinging people into incinerators, hearing the word princess breaks the mood.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Yeah, the word "princess" is a complicated subject. In our culture at least, it can be empowering for little girls but it's always associated with frilly pinkness. So it's totally understandable that you wouldn't want to call your big, serious game Princess Whatever. So even though it's understandable, it carries on the stereotype.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Gensuki posted:

Princess is the least threatening royal title (Compare duchess, queen, empress) that someone can hold. If you're the devils daughter, and flinging people into incinerators, hearing the word princess breaks the mood.
I disagree. A princess can still be threatening. Taking it out of the title is one thing, a marketing thing; taking it completely out of the game is weird.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl

ThatPazuzu posted:

In our culture at least, it can be empowering for little girls but it's always associated with frilly pinkness.

Xena: Warrior Princess.

It does have that association in general but there have been counterexamples. Even Disney Princesses aren't that frilly and pink anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

I disagree. A princess can still be threatening. Taking it out of the title is one thing, a marketing thing; taking it completely out of the game is weird.

Of course a princess can be threatening, as shown by the Maui Princess picture posted earlier. The title though, is itself not threatening.

• Locked thread