Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

GraPar posted:

Adam Scott referring to Sean Penn's charity as "A worthy uh... cause" gave me some violent flashbacks.

Wow, it's so weird reading this. I seriously must have spaced out during that part while I was working. But I do remember thinking about that past CBB episode today. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I love that they don't mention Rattle & Hum until 58 minutes in.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

This clip from Rattle & Hum is basically the quintessential U2 clip and shows how they became the biggest band in the world through their live shows while also turning off of people for making their music not fun. It's got them at the peak of their popularity and musical ability, but it also contains all the pretentious quirks that have followed them ever since, including a great LEMME TELL YOU ABOUT THE SITUATION IN IRELAND mid-song rant by Bono. Although in this case, you can forgive Bono given that IRA terrorists blew up a bunch of people earlier that day.

Plus check out that shirtless vest + crucifix combo from Bono and The Edge's ponytail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMFzYhCtZaY

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Anyone want to own the Earwolf table?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Aaaaaand Maria Bamford's on today's ADPPP to make sure they really did have every single last comedian I love on. :hfive:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

They're moving again?

I'd like to own the top of that table

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

urk the quack posted:

They're moving again?

I'd like to own the top of that table

They'll get some decent money for that but if I were them (or if I had the money to buy it) I'd mount it on a wall.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Bet it'd also make a shitload at the next Pardcast-a-thon/LA Food Bank thing/random charity event.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I kind of wonder if they're just moving to a bigger office for their production company stuff, and are just going to do podcasts from there too.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Don't they still have A/C issues in the current place?

I'd think it'd be hard to convince some celebrities to spend a few hours in a furnace.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
The room being very hot has been the catalyst for some of the best shows they've ever had. It's vital to comedy!

Also if you exercise in a hot room you will lose weight. Climbing Mount Everest? Idiots!

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Zsinjeh posted:

The room being very hot has been the catalyst for some of the best shows they've ever had. It's vital to comedy!

Also if you exercise in a hot room you will lose weight. Climbing Mount Everest? Idiots!

The real workout when you climb Mt. Everest is all the bending over you do picking up your mother's thimble collection that you keep knocking down as you tell your parents The Story of Everest.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget the physical therapy after the car runs over your hands.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

This bit is from the first Farts and Pro, right? Gonna have to listen to it again right now.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I hope they find a better way to do call-ins at the new studio. Hayes and Sean used to do them on RSS (and Besser still occasionally does it) and the delay lag between responses usually meant everyone is stepping over each other's lines. I think they were using Skype or something instead of a hard line?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would be totally ok with never hearing a listener call into a podcast ever again

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

I would be totally ok with never hearing a listener call into a podcast ever again

Yeah, I tune in to hear comedians, not some blowjob from a loving flyover state.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Anyone who is a fan of Andy Daly needs to watch his Comedy Central show Review. The third episode is amazing and one of the funniest thing's I've seen in years.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

urk the quack posted:

Bet it'd also make a shitload at the next Pardcast-a-thon/LA Food Bank thing/random charity event.

If Sean Sakimae doesn't win the eBay auction I'll be surprised.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
Here is what I imagine Don Dimello's favorite soul song to be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejaCa6Eewc

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Hollis Brown posted:

Here is what I imagine Don Dimello's favorite soul song to be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejaCa6Eewc
Have this band do a cover on it http://vimeo.com/26598696

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Andy Daly is on this week's Nerdist Writer's Panel talking Review.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Scott Anchorman and Jeff Ullrich are on Hollywood Handbook!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

tnimark posted:

Scott Anchorman and Jeff Ullrich are on Hollywood Handbook!
Uh oh.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Oh don't worry, it's just them hinting that Hollywood Handbook will be cancelled if they don't start making some money from it. As a mostly-broke person, I'm concerned.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Beeez posted:

Oh don't worry, it's just them hinting that Hollywood Handbook will be cancelled if they don't start making some money from it. As a mostly-broke person, I'm concerned.

It probably costs a lot to book all the a-list Hollywood celebs they have on the show. Maybe they could save a little by switching to a format that focused on a lower tier of entertainment, like reality shows or something.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Well, if that happened I wouldn't mourn Hollywood Handbook, but I doubt it'll happen like that. This is probably Sean and Hayes' last chance with Earwolf.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Are we going to have to mount a donation campaign to save Zero Dollars Handbook :ohdear:

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Don't worry, I've got 'em covered.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They got two cans of diet coke out of that deal, they'll be fine.

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!
Not the biggest fan of Howard's guest today.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Goddamn I love the U2 podcast, literally could not have been more tangents and not talking about the album in today's episode. (Although Scott is wildly wrong about REM's Green).

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

LockHeart posted:

Not the biggest fan of Howard's guest today.

Yeah I don't really subscribe to the tumblr cult of PC but he came off to me as a racist and dickhead.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

This clip from Rattle & Hum is basically the quintessential U2 clip and shows how they became the biggest band in the world through their live shows while also turning off of people for making their music not fun. It's got them at the peak of their popularity and musical ability, but it also contains all the pretentious quirks that have followed them ever since, including a great LEMME TELL YOU ABOUT THE SITUATION IN IRELAND mid-song rant by Bono. Although in this case, you can forgive Bono given that IRA terrorists blew up a bunch of people earlier that day.

Plus check out that shirtless vest + crucifix combo from Bono and The Edge's ponytail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMFzYhCtZaY

I actually think this is the best thing about Rattle and Hum. It felt organic and real. A lot of Rattle and Hum does not but this does. gently caress THE REVOLUTION!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Ive been listening to Achtung Baby for a goddamn week and I hate it and I wish they would talk about it because its so overrated as an album and can they just talk about the Joshua Tree forever??

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Who Charted is really boring when the guests and co-host take pop culture seriously. Howard Kremer sounded like he wanted to blow his brains out listening to multiple conversations about the best Batman movie. I was gonna skip these Kulap-less episodes but the awkward tension between Howard and April is enough to make me listen.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Howard is very funny on April's podcast Go Bayside this week, although you kind of have to listen to his last appearance to really get it. Basically he's obsessed with the obscenely lazy and untalented director of these episodes Don Barnard and has constructed a whole elaborate profile of the guy, it's really loving funny.

And Achtung Baby is a million times better than Joshua Tree so I'm happy for you that you have another week to realise this.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The important question really is, has Bono just given Adam some fuckin tshirts already?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

The important question really is, has Bono just given Adam some fuckin tshirts already?

Adam? Who is that? Do you mean Scott?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They meandered so much they didn't even get around to doing I Love Movies