Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah it's pretty good. Definitely better than the new Modern Baseball record if we're talking about that kind of emo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)
Aren't one of you jerks in Wringer?

That Bitch Ugly
Dec 29, 2008
I've been enjoying Home, Like NoPlace Is There a lot -- the lyrics are all around great, and there really isn't a bad track on it. Probably either it or the new Nouns release is my current favorite album of the year.

BY THE WAY, if you haven't heard of Nouns, you should probably check them out. I discovered this band/album a few weeks back, and they've quickly made their way to my most listened list. They're a noise rock post-punk emo ...thing, and they're definitely worth a listen.
http://nounss.bandcamp.com/album/still (Nouns - Still)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

That Bitch Ugly posted:

I've been enjoying Home, Like NoPlace Is There a lot -- the lyrics are all around great, and there really isn't a bad track on it. Probably either it or the new Nouns release is my current favorite album of the year.

A friend of mine posted about it on Facebook and since then I've been listening to it pretty regularly. I definitely enjoy it, which is kind of weird since I'm honestly kind of burnt out on the style overall.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

tropical posted:

I've been keeping an eye out in this thread for anybody talking about The Hotelier's album, "Home, Like Noplace Is There", which was released on February 25th. These guys used to be called The Hotel Year and put out an album called "It Never Goes Out" in 2011.

In my opinion, "Home" is the better of the two - pretty solid from beginning to end with no obvious weak points. "Among the Wildflowers" and, in particular, "Life in Drag" swerve into more hardcore territory, musically, but the rest of the album is pretty straight up emo/pop-punk that scratches an itch I didn't know I had. Soaring vocals and solid instrumentation all around! One of my favorite releases of 2014 so far.

Anybody else listening to this?

Just caved in and gave this a listen because I've heard so many good things about it. Don't really have much time for the 'emo revival' but I'm enjoying this quite a lot. It's complimenting my obsessive listening of the new La Dispute rather nicely.

e: Also Plebeian Grandstand is getting even better on subsequent listens, absolutely loving it. Can't believe they share a member (or members?) with Sed Non Satiata.

nomapple fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 19, 2014

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

MRR Twitter just posted a link to this, http://inschool.bandcamp.com/

It's pretty good!

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
drat i just found out Masakari broke up back in February, real bummed out about it cause i've been listening to their split with Alpinist nonstop lately and it is some primo neocrust.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hosed Up's new album is called Glass Boys it's out June 2 and here's a track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLQVVQIg9ME

Glug_Glug
Feb 17, 2011

nomapple posted:

It's complimenting my obsessive listening of the new La Dispute rather nicely.

This album is growing on me. First time I listened to it, I thought it would come nowhere close to my love for Wildlife. Now, I see it eventually surpassing it. Just a fantastic record.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh cool, The Hotelier and TWIABP are playing a show next week 3 blocks from me. I love the internet.

Also that hosed Up song is great.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Glug_Glug posted:

This album is growing on me. First time I listened to it, I thought it would come nowhere close to my love for Wildlife. Now, I see it eventually surpassing it. Just a fantastic record.

Woman (in mirror) and Woman (reading) are insanely good. The more I listen, the more I like it.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Just got home from seeing Catharsis. That was really loving good.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

rivals posted:

hell yea

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Anybody in New York as excited for this show as I am?

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

rivals posted:

Catharsis @ Fluff 2013 has got to be one of the best live sets I've ever seen. Stunning band.

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!
I'm not sure if this goes in this thread or the other -core one, but here's Left Behind - Death Take Me EP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhjWHY7RT58

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

~* that moment when you are watching Girls and Punch starts playing *~

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I heard about that. Haven't watched any of s3 yet though.

tropical
Aug 14, 2003
Ahh say whut?

Glug_Glug posted:

I knew something good would happen if I came in here and posted about The Hotelier. Never heard of La Dispute before, checked out "Rooms of the House" today and it's great! I'll listen to "Wildlife" later. Thanks guys :D

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Does anyone else still like Thursday? For some reason I go years without hearing their released albums, presume I will hate it then stick it on and really like it. Happened with War All The Time, and now I just put on No Devolución for the first time and it seems pretty solid. I never even bothered looking if they put anything else out after WATT, so there's another 2 records I'll probably end up liking.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I've only heard No Devolucion but I enjoy it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I really love WATT, and Common Existence has a bunch of really great tracks on it. A City By The Light Divided gets great towards the back half, but I thin, it's overall kind of "meh" and I still do not enjoy No Devolucion at all.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Is it 2014? What is happening?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Oh yeah how come we haven't talked about how the new Davey and Jade band Extra Moist is awful (to no one's surprise)? http://xtrmst.com/

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
lmao that is just completely terrible

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

gently caress you pay me is a new band from members of Gordon Solie motherfuckers.

http://fuckyoupaymeclevo.bandcamp.com/

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

NinetySevenA posted:

gently caress you pay me is a new band from members of Gordon Solie motherfuckers.

http://fuckyoupaymeclevo.bandcamp.com/

these guys are sick. from a long time fan of h100, 9 shocks and annihilation time, these guys really bring it. plus they're from like right around the corner from me

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;
Can any of you guys recommend me some bands in the same style as Nails?

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

all pigs must die, trap them, the secret, idylls

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
I wouldn't compare Nails to Idylls, but you should listen to em regardless.

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

yeah youre right i was misremembering them

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

almost everything southern lord puts out these days is heavy hardcore like that. it's weird they've gone away from the doomy/sludgy stuff they almost exclusively put out in the past.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

http://www.dominorecordco.us/usa/news/27-03-14/white-lung-announce-new-album-deep-fantasy--out-june-17th-on-domino-recording-co/

new white lung in June :toot:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Holy poo poo, that Hotelier show was insane. It was Touche Amore levels of crowd energy and involvement. I think these guys are gonna totally blow up.

EDIT: I'm almost positive people were crying.

This and hosed Up? Gonna be a good summer.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 28, 2014

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Good hear about that Hotelier show. I heard some of their shows on tour weren't getting the best turnout. I think one of them had like 5 people show up so they just played an acoustic set.

I really need to pick up the LP before the 2nd press sells out, poo poo is selling quick.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Who's putting out the new White Lung album out in Canada? Or has Deranged just not updated their site yet?

I got all the way to the checkout when I realised it was all in British Pounds and was going to ship overseas for approximately a bazillion dollars.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

Holy poo poo, that Hotelier show was insane. It was Touche Amore levels of crowd energy and involvement. I think these guys are gonna totally blow up.

EDIT: I'm almost positive people were crying.

Really glad to hear this. I'm on my 10th listen of Rooms of the House now and like every other La Dispute album this one really reveals itself through subsequent listens. Absolutely incredible, and a very dynamic record. I can't wait to hear this stuff live.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Listening to the ...Who Calls So Loud 2x10" this morning for the first time in a while, so loving good. It's a shame they were so short lived, glad I got to see them a couple times.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
thats a classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
New IDYLLS record just dropped - http://idylls.bandcamp.com/

loving magnificent.