Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
To bring it back to the thread, I think my new job is pretty bachelor; I watch TV all day, although it's just horse races. I'm sorry, having a job isn't bachelor tho, so I'm in a paradoxical existence; I was unemployed for five months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Wasabi the J posted:

To bring it back to the thread, I think my new job is pretty bachelor; I watch TV all day, although it's just horse races. I'm sorry, having a job isn't bachelor tho, so I'm in a paradoxical existence; I was unemployed for five months.

Congrats on the job, get more money to spend on bachelor activities!

Wasabi the J posted:

Cum in a Vase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvT3YSWXO-k

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Grape Soda posted:

In my case, I booked my ticket less than four days in advance for $81 and it's a 14 hour route through the mountains. It was cheaper to take the train than fly home from NYC last year.

How much was the gas for the trip there? I'm thinking more than $81.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

VendaGoat posted:

Now that you've told us about your rail travels, do you feel more autistic? After reading it, I know I do.

From him saying "it's nice to travel with lots of space, good seats, and you can drink"? If that pushes you into autism, you might want to stay off the internet for a bit. :)

Computer viking has a new favorite as of 10:24 on Mar 26, 2014

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000

Wasabi the J posted:

What do you do actually? I worked at a race track (Northlands) for 4 years and came to know quite a bit about the sport.

To stay on topic, I found a brilliant lifehack (that I may have posted before) regarding bachelor cooking. Want to make mashed potatoes but have no masher? Run an empty beer bottle under hot water for a minute and then go to town on the taters. Beer. It's not just for drinking anymore.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Starscream posted:

What do you do actually? I worked at a race track (Northlands) for 4 years and came to know quite a bit about the sport.

To stay on topic, I found a brilliant lifehack (that I may have posted before) regarding bachelor cooking. Want to make mashed potatoes but have no masher? Run an empty beer bottle under hot water for a minute and then go to town on the taters. Beer. It's not just for drinking anymore.

or you could just use the fork you are about to eat them with. Empty beer bottles are ash trays not cooking utensils.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Starscream posted:

I work for a telecom company that manages tracks broadcast; I know your track.

It's pretty great. There aren't any clock watchers, dress codes, or dumb firewall rules. I get a full hour for lunch which is a first to me.

I'm not interested at all in horses, but it's not terrible to watch, if just to hear the ridiculous horse names.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

JEEVES420 posted:

Growing up microwaving bacon was all we did. put paper towel on plate, put bacon on paper towel, cover bacon with paper towel, and microwave for a few minutes. No need to deal with grease splatter on stove or cleaning a pan.

I'm sorry, but this is my way of cooking bacon. I loving love microwaved bacon. It's all chewy and delicious. I know it's wrong and the whole world likes crispy bacon from a pan, but not me! 1 piece of bacon = 1 bite and 20 seconds of chewing.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Computer viking posted:

From him saying "it's nice to travel with lots of space, good seats, and you can drink"? If that pushes you into autism, you might want to stay off the internet for a bit. :)

Go back and re-read what I wrote in this voice; :v:

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

Now that you've told us about your rail travels, do you feel more autistic? After reading it, I know I do.

I definitely saw an autist staring at trains in the Denver train yard. And a little boy on his first train ride with his hot dad, but they got off at the first stop so I didn't get too much flirting/screaming child. Kid kept making train noises and generally being adorable. A lot of gross hippies, and they kept having to make announcements that you had to be wearing shoes to walk between cabins.

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

How much was the gas for the trip there? I'm thinking more than $81.

No idea, I was driving with my mom on the way there. Even if it isn't, the fact that I didn't have to drive and can move around between cars makes it worth it. It dropped me off in the middle of south central Nebraska an hour and a half late, but it wasn't all that bad. Except for that part where I went to use a bathroom and opened an unlocked bathroom door to find an obese man taking a poo poo. :gonk: The doors have locks for a reason!

I got to look out the window and see this while I got drunk in the lounge car with strangers.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
So I'm about to become a bachelor after 12 years of living with parents/military dorms/marriage as an adult.

Any tips for becoming a 30 year old bachelor?

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

omnibobb posted:

So I'm about to become a bachelor after 12 years of living with parents/military dorms/marriage as an adult.

Take two weeks to sit in your underpants and listen to 80s rock records. After that, work out what you need to do to not feel like some kind of goon-cave scumbag, and do that regularly. Otherwise, everything you survey from the comfort of your sofa is yours, and rock that poo poo. Start cooking insanely complicated meals at 10pm involving steak (see thread for advice on the best way to cook steak!) and eat at 2am because why the gently caress not?

Also: showerbeer. It will change your life.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
My first showerbeer was drat near a religious experience.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

VendaGoat posted:

Go back and re-read what I wrote in this voice; :v:

Apparently there is such a thing as being to pessimistic about people online. :)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

omnibobb posted:

Never close a toilet or bathroom door again.

Seconding 2am steak.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
10pm "man, what's for dinner? MOM! oh poo poo" TUNA AND LEFTOVERS IT IS!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I've perfected the art of frying those microwavable bean and cheese burritos. The outside gets crispy and it's weirdly delicious.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

omnibobb posted:

Put potato chips on a sandwich. DO IT.

Also smoke weed everyday.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
New Bachelors:

Pants are always optional, even in line at the bank.
It's always a good time for beef.
Learn to cook, at a level better than Ramen.
Beer, it is your new best friend.
Hey hey hey, smoke weed everyday.
Enjoy all the new cash you'll have in your wallet.
Floor is your new clothes hamper.
Explore the myriad world of alcohol, ALL OF IT.
Water, Advil and a multivitamin before bed will ease a hangover.

Welcome to the club buddy, just don't start loving a pillow and you'll fit in well here.

If you do start loving a pillow, just keep it to yourself. :tinfoil:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

If you do start loving a pillow, just keep it to yourself. :tinfoil:
Unless you cum in a vase.

I was in your situation a couple years ago at 36. Realized I could smoke a cigar and drink whiskey while watching a movie in the tub (netflix plus laptop plus chair in the bathroom doorway). Spent a few weeks looking like a raisin.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

Never close a toilet or bathroom door again.

I am well aware of many childless couples that operate this way, including me and my fiancee. If you can sleep with someone but can't shower or carry on with basic bodily functions in front of them... I don't know, but that seems incredibly overmodest to me.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

You should also set up your TV where you can see it from the shitter. If need be use some mirrors to see it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Marathanes posted:

I am well aware of many childless couples that operate this way, including me and my fiancee. If you can sleep with someone but can't shower or carry on with basic bodily functions in front of them... I don't know, but that seems incredibly overmodest to me.

I've never been married, and apart from one long weekend, I've never lived with a woman, but I feel like that's a little too familiar to me.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

JEEVES420 posted:

You should also set up your TV where you can see it from the shitter. If need be use some mirrors to see it.

Never understood this. Unless things are going very poorly, I can poop and be on my way in less than 2 minutes. No entertainment required.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Marathanes posted:

As a married dude, one of us takin' a whiz while the other showers on the other side of the curtain is fine, but I think neither of us would be happy with brushing our teeth while the other is dropping a deuce. There's a line between practicality and "why would anyone do that?"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Splizwarf posted:

As a married dude, one of us takin' a whiz while the other showers on the other side of the curtain is fine, but I think neither of us would be happy with brushing our teeth while the other is dropping a deuce. There's a line between practicality and "why would anyone do that?"

This is about where I'm at. No peeking out of the shower, either! I'll get startled and spray pee all over :argh:

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
I was mostly remarking on the closing of the door bit. I'd certainly evacuate the room if my partner needs to drop a load, but the door closing just seems unnecessary if it's just you and the person you're sleeping with in the house.

VV Edit: Different strokes for different folks and all that, I guess, though I can certainly see the zen moment / anti-pet arguments.

Marathanes has a new favorite as of 20:12 on Mar 27, 2014

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Marathanes posted:

I was mostly remarking on the closing of the door bit. I'd certainly evacuate the room if my partner needs to drop a load, but the door closing just seems unnecessary if it's just you and the person you're sleeping with in the house.

I only close the door enough to stop my dog from wandering in and staring at me while I pee. I guess she thinks that since she goes to the bathroom in front of us, she should be able to watch us in the bathroom?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

If I'm taking a slam, I shut the door even if I'm alone. Pooping is the most private of actions, a time for quiet reflection to be done in your own tranquil sanctum. The rest of your life is filled with the distractions of books, the internet, and other people. This time belongs only to you.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I was married, and using the bathroom with the door open was just something we both agreed felt weird. Now that I am a bachelor again, I still poo poo with the door closed- but that is mostly because I am afraid something bad will go down and I will be caught with my pants down- same reason I lock the door to shower.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
I close the door and turn on the fan because I don't want my entire house to smell like poo poo.

Ever go to a buddy's apartment and have it hit you a second after walking in that they just took an open-door poo poo before you arrived and are completely oblivious to the odor? I don't want that.

Meatwave has a new favorite as of 11:06 on Mar 28, 2014

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Negromancer posted:

I only close the door enough to stop my dog from wandering in and staring at me while I pee. I guess she thinks that since she goes to the bathroom in front of us, she should be able to watch us in the bathroom?

If I close the door my Male dog will just sit there headbutting the door till I open it. My other dog just whines at the door. For 12 years now I have poo poo with a dog laying at my feet and it would just feel weird if he wasnt there.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

JEEVES420 posted:

If I close the door my Male dog will just sit there headbutting the door till I open it. My other dog just whines at the door. For 12 years now I have poo poo with a dog laying at my feet and it would just feel weird if he wasnt there.

My cat used to lay between my legs in the crotch of my pants and demand I pet him. Pets just give no fucks when it's poop time.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

bulletsponge13 posted:

I lock the door to shower.

Not even once. I would rather risk occasional embarrassment than delay in any way the extremely time-critical aid I'd probably need if I ever slipped and hit my head in the shower. gently caress that.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Also smoke weed everyday.

Weed should just happen all the time. Wake up, take a hit. Get out of the shower, take a hit. Put on a different movie, roll a blunt first. Leave joints, bowls, roaches, etc around all the time.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

cname posted:

Weed should just happen all the time. Wake up, take a hit. Get out of the shower, take a hit. Put on a different movie, roll a blunt first. Leave joints, bowls, roaches, etc around all the time.

Better yet: Put your shower on super-hot, leave the door to your bathroom closed so it gets super steamy. Pack a bowl into your piece/oil into your vape outside. Go inside, smoke/vape your :420:. It makes showers feel erotically awesome, and it actually feel kinda nice on your lungs.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Splizwarf posted:

Not even once. I would rather risk occasional embarrassment than delay in any way the extremely time-critical aid I'd probably need if I ever slipped and hit my head in the shower. gently caress that.

Who the gently caress would provide timely help if you slip in the shower?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SEKCobra posted:

Who the gently caress would provide timely help if you slip in the shower?

Checkmate atheists

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

bulletsponge13 posted:

I was married, and using the bathroom with the door open was just something we both agreed felt weird. Now that I am a bachelor again, I still poo poo with the door closed- but that is mostly because I am afraid something bad will go down and I will be caught with my pants down- same reason I lock the door to shower.

This is why I want a toilet-tank pistol. I feel very vulnerable while pooping. I don't worry about the shower, then I am naked and lathered up, perfect fighting conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

cname posted:

If they weren't so darn wasteful, blunts would be the greatest thing known to man. Everybody should know the pleasure of drinking a 40 and smoking a blunt on a porch.

• Locked thread