Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

J'onn's father using his changeling powers.

It'd be a good way to 'out' what lil' J'onn can do.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

At last,a comic story that dares to expose the insidious, soul-destroying addiction gnawing at the roots of modern society!

Strange Suspense Stories #69

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

amishjosh posted:

I'm still trying to figure out who bigfoot is gonna be

You're all wrong. It'll be Swamp Thing.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

JL8 is the best because it gives Hal a semblance of a personality. I am wondering if in Hal's troop Kilowog is gonna be a supervising adult or another kid.

Eagle scout.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

amishjosh posted:

I'm still trying to figure out who bigfoot is gonna be

Sasquatch

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Not complaining but if people are just going to post every page of JL8 that comes out it's probably time for it to get it's own thread.

At least more people will be able to discuss and see it then.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

My favorite Kate Bishop panels on a page.

Hawkeye #6

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Esplanade posted:

Strange Suspense Stories #69

The BOWL sound effect really sells it.

BOWL.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Red Lanterns is still really fun.

Red Lanterns #29

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I'm glad this thread alerted me to Red Lanterns. It's way more fun than the drudgery it was under Milligan, and it punches my Guy Gardner fandom button pretty hard.

I have the sinking feeling it won't last and things will revert to dull form, but right now it's definitely one of the best books DC is putting out. Which is amazing, given out dreadful the Red Lanterns were initially as characters.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Red Lanterns: Punching And/Or Bleeding On All Your Problems

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I'm glad this thread alerted me to Red Lanterns. It's way more fun than the drudgery it was under Milligan, and it punches my Guy Gardner fandom button pretty hard.

I have the sinking feeling it won't last and things will revert to dull form, but right now it's definitely one of the best books DC is putting out. Which is amazing, given out dreadful the Red Lanterns were initially as characters.

Didn't it start out with all but one or two Red Lanterns being mindless? I didn't read anything between the first issue or two and whenever someone here recommended to start it, but I imagine actually letting there be more than one character helped a lot.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bruce being a Dick to Hal is an universal constant :haw:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hal's dad has an awesome car.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Sefer posted:

Didn't it start out with all but one or two Red Lanterns being mindless?

Yeah, and Atrocitus just vacillated between being angry and being angry that he wasn't angry enough. Hint: never, ever make a character that only has one expression: toothy. Don't do that. (Even Ghost Rider has more expression, and he's a skull.)

It adds more smart Red Lanterns as time goes on, like Bleez, but she's just kind of a generic Starscream to Atrocitus' Megatron, and you get some extra ones who are only really getting personalities during this run. Only the human Red Lantern that does constructs (whassisname) was the only one that really had a personality beyond that.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Razor from the GL animated series was probably the best Red Lantern. Shame they didn't try to adapt him into the books.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
drat it, I think I'm finally going to give in and start reading Red Lantern, should I start at the beginning or should I just cut to where it gets good at issue ???

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

robziel posted:

drat it, I think I'm finally going to give in and start reading Red Lantern, should I start at the beginning or should I just cut to where it gets good at issue ???

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

The MSJ posted:

My favorite Kate Bishop panels on a page.

Hawkeye #6

"How to feed him", you mean give him a couple slices of pizza?

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

ugh what

Batman: The Dark Knight #29

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So, now that Guy's in charge of the Red Lanterns, um, what do they actually do? I mean, Atrocitus had some big revenge scheme going that never really went anywhere, and without him, I really don't see what purpose they actually serve in the galaxy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Choco1980 posted:

So, now that Guy's in charge of the Red Lanterns, um, what do they actually do? I mean, Atrocitus had some big revenge scheme going that never really went anywhere, and without him, I really don't see what purpose they actually serve in the galaxy.

Space Vigilantes

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Choco1980 posted:

Guy tricked Hal into giving them jurisdiction over Sector 2814, so they have space copping to do.

They also got rid of a Space Hitler.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Choco1980 posted:

They stole a pirate ship, saved the universe, got drunk, overthrew a space hitler, visited the grand canyon, and now they're babysitting a teenage kryptonian with anger issues.

Guy's got a list of all the things the Guardians never let him do, and now he's working his way through it because gently caress You, That's Why.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Avulsion posted:

They stole a pirate ship, saved the universe, got drunk, overthrew a space hitler, visited the grand canyon, and now they're babysitting a teenage kryptonian with anger issues.

Superboy Prime made it into the new 52?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Is a Space Hitler someone who causes interplanetary war, or just a person on a planet other than earth who causes a war between large parts of their planet?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Drifter posted:

Is a Space Hitler someone who causes interplanetary war, or just a person on a planet other than earth who causes a war between large parts of their planet?

This is comic books it's probably a literal Space Hitler complete with those little Jetson sci-fi rings on his outfit.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Sweet thank you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

robziel posted:

Don't start at the beginning, there is absolutely nothing of value there.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Avulsion posted:

Guy's got a list of all the things the Guardians never let him do, and now he's working his way through it because gently caress You, That's Why.

The idea of Guy doing Space Skippy's List sounds like a moneymaker to me.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jerusalem posted:

Superboy Prime made it into the new 52?

Nah, Supergirl, who can't go an entire day without punching Superman into another continent.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Gavok posted:

Nah, Supergirl, who can't go an entire day without punching Superman into another continent.

It's a sex metaphor.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Drifter posted:

It's a sex metaphor.

They are cousins.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Plutonis posted:

They are cousins.

Look who's behind the times! What are you, Captain America?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Plutonis posted:

They are cousins.

That's not a red light, that's more of a right turn on red sign.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

AnonSpore posted:

This is amazing.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

No no, I got the reference, I just meant don't even mention DC getting involved in JL8. We all know it would go to poo poo. :(

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Lurdiak posted:

Don't start at the beginning, there is absolutely nothing of value there.

Maybe this was my problem? I learned about this book from this thread, so checked it out. I slogged through about 5 or 6 issues and just couldn't get into it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Plutonis posted:

They are cousins.

Would not be the first time
Action 289

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Drifter posted:

That's not a red light, that's more of a right turn on red sign.

AnonSpore posted:

These are both awesome.

• Locked thread