Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
I am on adventure, name Subutai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
It's running like poo poo but I find some of the stuff like the amazing looking bendy trees and the super deep building system really rad. I can't imagine when they put the underworld in.

edit: I had a background program hogging a ton of memory. Works fine now.

Spiky Ooze fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 27, 2014

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

im still waiting for it to download over this slow hotel connection, but im curious, whats the recipe for getting your first claim flag?

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Alright, I'm on Adventure - Oxbow too, I have a claim to the west in the woods somewhere. If you would like to add me to your friends list I am in as Cithen.

Tom Guycot posted:

im still waiting for it to download over this slow hotel connection, but im curious, whats the recipe for getting your first claim flag?

Its super simple:

7 Elemental Iron
10 Aquamarine
10 Heartwood

Cithen fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 27, 2014

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Having just jumped on this during the downtime, I've hopped on and am a bit lost. Are there factors other than nearby claims that affect where you can lay a claim? I'm not able to use my settler's flag and I can't tell if it's because I'm an idiot or if something's wrong.

Edit: Oh, I'm suspecting that settlement flags and claim flags are different things. I got confused by reading somewhere else that everyone starts with a claim flag.

OtspIII fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 27, 2014

AngstPenguin
Oct 10, 2006

Just made my first claim flag. I'm on Adventure as Sidotsy.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

OtspIII posted:

Having just jumped on this during the downtime, I've hopped on and am a bit lost. Are there factors other than nearby claims that affect where you can lay a claim? I'm not able to use my settler's flag and I can't tell if it's because I'm an idiot or if something's wrong.

Edit: Oh, I'm suspecting that settlement flags and claim flags are different things. I got confused by reading somewhere else that everyone starts with a claim flag.

Yeah, the Settler's flag is just a decorative prop you can use once you have a claim. Initially in Alpha everyone started with a claim flag as well, but now you have to make them.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

OtspIII posted:

Edit: Oh, I'm suspecting that settlement flags and claim flags are different things.

Correct. You have to make the claim flag with the recipe above, at one of the machines at the spire. You don't start with one.

I've got a spot on a mountain on Adventure - Sound near the spire.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Meow Tse-tung posted:

I moved to adventure/terrace, if anyone plans to hang out there. I thought a tier 4 tropical/tundra was a cool place so threw down a claim close to the spires.

I just got my claim flag, and decided to build here. There wasn't exactly any *ideal* spots left, but it also wasn't down to the total crap spots yet either, so I have a fairly decent place, but its a little walk from the spire. Decided it was better to grab an ok spot, then to jump around to different servers and risk finding a better one but losing out on an ok one.

edit: Actually I'm not as far from the spire as I thought, pretty happy with this spot. Still lots of space on this island if anyone is looking for a claim.

Also, I noticed when I created my claim it said the upkeep was "300" is upkeep finally in the game, and if it is, what kind of money does that come out of?

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 27, 2014

Huttan
May 15, 2013
I'm downloading now. It seems that they didn't change my email address, so it looks like the beta keys got sent to a dead email. Is there a way to have them resent?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
How fast does the world generally fill up? Wont be on until 7 am EST time and was hoping for a decent plot.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Tom Guycot posted:

Also, I noticed when I created my claim it said the upkeep was "300" is upkeep finally in the game, and if it is, what kind of money does that come out of?

It's copper ore for now, though that will change when there's an in game currency.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
In as Aorn with a claim on Adventure - Oxbow.

Tip for new people: veins are a lot easier to see in the desert biome, especially iron which looks very similar to stone in other biomes.

http://landmark.wikia.com/wiki/Mining_Guide has screenshots of all the materials from last phase, but the other stuff has not been updated for the beta yet.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Azerban posted:

Correct. You have to make the claim flag with the recipe above, at one of the machines at the spire. You don't start with one.

I've got a spot on a mountain on Adventure - Sound near the spire.

Thanks for the key Azerban! My name in game is Barack.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

War Eagle posted:

It's copper ore for now, though that will change when there's an in game currency.

thanks, I wasn't planning on playing again until I got home (it only runs about 20fps on low on my surface pro2, plus the internet is poo poo here), so I would have lost my claim tomorrow! I've got it prepaid now for 5 days.. *whew*

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I'm disappointed that this is grindier than mine craft. The amount of resources needed for crafting and building is truly prodigious due to how long it takes to gather materials. Landscape deformation is pretty amazing, but I'm not sure its worth my high end rig chugging at 20-30fps. Any idea if they will add water?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CountingWizard posted:

Any idea if they will add water?

Water is not yet fully implemented in the underlying engine, but supposedly will be very soon. They intend to add it as soon as the engine supports it.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Any more keys floating about? I'm curious to see if my hitching problems resolve in Beta.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

War Eagle posted:

I call shenanigans.

I put down a claim flag, but decided I wanted to change spots. I didn't get my credits back while doing so, and tried mining copper, but It just doesn't work.

Edit: Thank you. :)

Ice_Mallet fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 27, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ice_Mallet posted:

I call shenanigans.

I put down a claim flag, but decided I wanted to change spots. I didn't get my credits back while doing so, and tried mining copper, but It just doesn't work.

Press u to bring up Claim Management and deposit some ore in upkeep.

starfish
Dec 21, 2004

grrarg posted:

Tip for new people: veins are a lot easier to see in the desert biome, especially iron which looks very similar to stone in other biomes.

Another tip: If you're having trouble finding a specific material I find it always helps to go stand on a mountain and look at an adjacent mountain. You can usually see all of the nodes on the other mountain.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have a founder's pick or a friend with a founder's pick. I had claims for my buddies (CLAIMS ARENT TRADEABLE) in a short time, but if we had to wait for them to get a copper pick, ugh.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
It was a bit of a grind but I did get a copper pick yesterday. Some grind is okay as long as it's just for bootstrapping something non-grindy. But when you do nothing but click to "level up" and the only difference once you "level up" is the color of the thing you're clicking on, I do not like that. That's lazy game design.

That being said I assume that just applies to resource gathering in this game and I'm still interested in seeing what others have made.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Do we have an in game chat channel yet and are there any shocking changes from ALPHA?

xutech fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 27, 2014

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

tehsid posted:

Any chance somebody has a key I could pinch? That'd be awesome.

Harettazetta posted:

Any more keys floating about? I'm curious to see if my hitching problems resolve in Beta.

I don't have platinum, but if you guys post your email address I can email you a beta key.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

itsnice2bnice posted:

I don't have platinum, but if you guys post your email address I can email you a beta key.
Got the email, thanks a lot! :)

Gamesguy fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 27, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I don't know if anyone noticed but SOE removed the Everquest branding and now calls the game Landmark. New URL is https://www.landmarkthegame.com/home which eqnlandmark.com redirects to also.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Also, if you're cool and do have platinum, I've got a key or two left.

Azerban fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 27, 2014

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Am I stupid or do we not start with a claim flag like we did in alpha?

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

joshtothemaxx posted:

Am I stupid or do we not start with a claim flag like we did in alpha?

Both!

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

I can't seem to find the download link, can someone post it?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Gamesguy posted:

I can't seem to find the download link, can someone post it?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

nelson posted:

It was a bit of a grind but I did get a copper pick yesterday. Some grind is okay as long as it's just for bootstrapping something non-grindy. But when you do nothing but click to "level up" and the only difference once you "level up" is the color of the thing you're clicking on, I do not like that. That's lazy game design.

That being said I assume that just applies to resource gathering in this game and I'm still interested in seeing what others have made.

I can't wait to see what you guys think of gathering Palm Hearts. Oh and Silver is another good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoJE3slQR4s

Autohotkey your mouse1 boys and girls.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Drinkfist posted:

I can't wait to see what you guys think of gathering Palm Hearts. Oh and Silver is another good one.

What's so hard about Palm Hearts? You get one on the last swing for every small palm tree that litter the landscape.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Goon Keys. Please reply if you take one.

A726UZXFH9DGT3PGRKJA

FXPGC2TTRA73RNK2HJ43

D6TJERMMHKMAHFXK3GR2

4GZZRDENNGCN42RGX6R3

All gone.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 28, 2014

code_red
May 4, 2005

Coldforge posted:

4GZZRDENNGCN42RGX6R3
Took this one. Thanks!

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib

Coldforge posted:

D6TJERMMHKMAHFXK3GR2

I took this one. Thanks a billion.

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

nelson posted:

Yeah, I think SOE should have waited with going into Beta until they had more interesting worlds with caves and tunnels to explore and mobs to fight. Here's some tips to help enjoy the game as it is for people who haven't played before:

1. Craft a Keen-Eye Band as soon as possible, it's an accessory you can make at the sawmill thingy at the spire. Equipping this gives you a bonus to your discovery stat which will help you get additional rare elemental forms of ore. Elemental ores are random drops you get from mining ore and they're required for crafting tools, items and crafting stations.

2. Certain types of ore are found at the end of another ore's veins. Tin can be found at the end of a copper vein. Silver at the end of an iron vein. Gold at the end of a tungsten vein. Rubicite at the end of a cobalt vein. Resources are divided into different tiers and each world / island corresponds to a different tier. I think everyone always starts on a tier 1 island. If you need silver or iron and can't find some you'll have to move to a higher tier island by using the portal.

3. Craft a claim flag and plop it down somewhere. :siren: You don't need to make all the crafting stations yourself, in fact I'd recommend to save yourself the time and effort and just use the high tier crafting stations that someone else grinded to get. :siren: Having said that, if you really can't find someone else who made an outfitter's station you should make one yourself since it allows you to create some additional accessoires to further increase your discovery stat.

4. Building stuff is 99% of the fun that's currently to be had in Landmark. There are some basic shapes you can use to build stuff with here:

The Selection tool is pretty much a requirement to build stuff, but the Line and Smooth tool not so much IMO. Just switch between gathering resources for a bit and building stuff until you have enough stuff to unlock the Line and Smooth tool.

itsnice2bnice fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 27, 2014

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

jabro posted:

I don't know if anyone noticed but SOE removed the Everquest branding and now calls the game Landmark. New URL is https://www.landmarkthegame.com/home which eqnlandmark.com redirects to also.

I guess they wanted to avoid the perception that it's limited to fantasy: http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/27/5552368/everquest-next-landmark-enters-closed-beta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenLinux
Mar 9, 2003
/device/null
aww the other 2 codes got yoinked too...gg lurkers

• Locked thread