Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
HOLY poo poo

Seki going all Yugioh on us :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Turns out there's actually two new chapters!

Ch. 50 is amazing. :D

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I just got the translation for ch. 50 to him today. I'm really impressed that he got it done so fast. I am also impressed with his proofreading for ch. 49, even if I am disappointed that he went with gorgeousness instead of fabulosity.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yokoi's reasoning for which cards win reminds me of my girlfriend's logic for which Magic card is better: the prettier one.

Chapter 50 put that one to shame, though. So good, and it's always great when Yokoi gets the better of Seki.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Seki 49/50: Yokoi trying to keep herself from laughing at the Baldy VS Moon battle was entirely too cute. I think Multi-Santa Mountain Disaster topped it though, that was just incredible. Poor Santas!

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Gokicha

Syenite fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 29, 2014

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Huh, someone posted that in gbs once and I thought it was an oneshot. Can't believe they made a series out of cockroach girl the comic

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
What I like about that one is that it does NOT leer into the expected otaku-creep fetish territory like you'd expect. Instead, people always see her as the cockroach she really is, and have appropriate reactions, e.g. "Oh GROSS!" Which just makes the mildly bittersweet, slightly sad situations all the more :unsmith:.

I guess it says something about the state of manga and anime that a series' main positive point is that it isn't creepy.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I had no idea this was a series! I loved the oneshots...

You know, this is a really weird mix of cuteness and sadness. Gokicha just wants to have friends :qq:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

There's new Zai x 10! It continues to be the best.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 30, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Squidster posted:

There's new Zai x 10! It continues to be the best.

That was one strong alien! Hahah. I love this guy's sense of humor and timing. It's like some of the best gag timing I've ever read in a manga.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Voynich Hotel 61!

A happy ending!
...or is it?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
That felt awesome.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What... what was that thing Leader saw? :ohdear:

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Rodyle posted:

What... what was that thing Leader saw? :ohdear:

Maybe in two more months we'll get another 12 pages that contain a clue!

:negative:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Double feature of Seki-Kun goodness!:neckbeard:

Oh Yokoi :allears:

And even better, the robot family is BACK!!!!!!

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I love how Yokoi's friends don't even bat an eyelash at her antics anymore. "She just does weird stuff sometimes" indeed. :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yokoi's revenge face is magnificent.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Seki-Kun Thread: At His Desk He Works Miracles

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
A couple chapers of Ryuushika Ryuushika just appeared. I forget if its been mentioned in this thread before. If not, Ryuushika Ryuushika is kind of like Yotsubato except kind of weird. Here, have a sample:

Blhue fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 6, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ryuushika Ryuushika has definitely been mentioned in this thread before (by me!) and it's one of my favorites. And the fact that it's in color is really lovely. The thing that makes it surreal is Ryuushika's vivid and wild imagination, it's truly the mind of a little kid. She seems to be living in her imagination half the time!

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Blhue posted:

A couple chapers of Ryuushika Ryuushika just appeared. I forget if its been mentioned in this thread before. If not, Ryuushika Ryuushika is kind of like Yotsubato except kind of weird. Here, have a sample:

Man, UFO Girl is the best troll. :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The theme of this thread is essentially "Slice of Life, but with an 'Edge'". This is why you should read Ryuushika-Ryuushika, because it's like Yotsuba&!, but with an edge of weirdness to it.

Would this happen in Yotsuba&, or any normal slice of life manga? I don't think so! It's because they're too busy being moe to be weird, and that's boring! Ryuushika-Ryuushika is interesting!

EDIT:

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Man, UFO Girl is the best troll. :allears:

In terms of trolling, who wins? UFO girl, or Yanda?

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 6, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blhue posted:

A couple chapers of Ryuushika Ryuushika just appeared. I forget if its been mentioned in this thread before. If not, Ryuushika Ryuushika is kind of like Yotsubato except kind of weird.

It's by Yoshitoshi Abe? The Lain guy, right? Not just a same name guy?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yes, it's the same fellow.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

In the latest chapter of PSI Saiki Kusuo Saiki explains that, in fact, he is the reason for why the world is anime.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

That's amazing

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
That one manga about someone living in a haunted apartment updated.

Those severed head panels. :staredog:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

That was heartwarming as hell

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That manga makes me hungry as hell jesus

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Speaking of manga that make me hungry as hell--

Two new chapters of Donyatsu have come out recently.
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Donyatsu/Vol-003-Ch-037--Licking-Dog?id=192529
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Donyatsu/Vol-004-Ch-038--Whereabouts?id=192643

I am really interested in seeing where they're going with all this! It seems like there's a really cool sci-fi plot in the works here-- we might eventually get explanations for why the world is a postapocalyptic ruin filled with delicious pastry animals.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

we might eventually get explanations for why the world is a postapocalyptic ruin filled with delicious pastry animals.

I think that some questions are better left unanswered.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

I just realized we haven't heard much about Kumamiko in a few months. Who's the guy that was translating that?

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Silentman0 posted:

I just realized we haven't heard much about Kumamiko in a few months. Who's the guy that was translating that?

The next volume isn't out till the end of next month.

In the meantime, have this.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Guess what is back? :haw: the manga!

For the genre, it was a weird chapter (in a good way). Shiragami and Kurogamine are a couple of dorks :allears:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
That manga always makes me smile with all its positive vibes whenever it updates. :buddy: The expressions just keep getting better and better too.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
It's such an adorable manga. And a lot more heartfelt than a lot of 'cute' manga.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

So loving adorable. Always cheers me up

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nondevor posted:

That manga always makes me smile with all its positive vibes whenever it updates. :buddy: The expressions just keep getting better and better too.

Yeah, that's a good way to describe it! Good vibes! The closest other manga I could think of for this feel is Yankee-Kun & Megane-Chan in its earlier chapters, just a sort of positive energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That manga almost belongs in the Shoujo & Romance thread at this point. What a nice find it's been.

• Locked thread