Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Rei_ posted:

Ryouma's goal all along has been trying to figure out how to turn humans into the Overlords, but he's been doing it under the cover of Takatora's objective of building a defense system against the Invess. Like, even the Overlord this week quite clearly says 'henshin' when he's talking to Kaito, which tells me that the Overlords are probably the end-result of their own civilization trying to do what Ryouma is doing now. The Overlords are just the Armored Riders of Helheim, and it's not that Not-Mai sees the future but she's seen the outcome of what's going to happen to Earth, because it's happened to her world.

You may be right. But I saw that as basically saying "transform so I can beat you silly." The aggressive pose suggested that the Overlord wanted to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I got a "Get off my lawn" vibe, personally. These Overlord guys must be pretty irritated at Helheim barging in like they own the place. It could explain that attack on their camp during the Christmas game - looking back, it seems pretty coordinated, which makes more sense now we know they have intelligent leaders.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
According to Magenta, this interview with Metal "Kamen Rider Bravo" Yoshida mentions that there will be a capsule toy of the fake Acorn lockseed. Facorn, if you will.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

FortMax posted:

According to Magenta, this interview with Metal "Kamen Rider Bravo" Yoshida mentions that there will be a capsule toy of the fake Acorn lockseed. Facorn, if you will.

I wonder how that'll work. The fake Acorn lockseed in the series had a fake sound even in the song part, that is actually controlled by the faceplate, not the Lockseed, in the toy. I guess they'll skip that part and just have the "Never give up~" part said by Oren.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
For the Deluxe Lockseed, yes. But the capsule Lockseeds just cycle through sounds in the same way the capsule Gaia Memories do.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think I found my favourite Lockseed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-Xr74hrnkI

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
As awesome as Gaim is, and I'm loving it, I'm also upset that Wizard wasn't the Urobuchi series we got. I have a big thing for magic and supernatural themes, and to see so much missed potential makes me sad.

But then I watch Kachidoki's intro scene and I become happy again :swoon:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When Kachidoki Arms was announced in the magscans, I thought, "Wow, this suit looks kind of busy and overdone."

But that intro?

:drat:

poo poo is awesome. A little presentation goes a long way, and I bet it's toys are going to sell gangbusters.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The only thing I thought was silly was him using flags as weapons, they weren't even blades. Just flags. But drat I want a Figuart for that bad boy.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Solaris Knight posted:

As awesome as Gaim is, and I'm loving it, I'm also upset that Wizard wasn't the Urobuchi series we got. I have a big thing for magic and supernatural themes, and to see so much missed potential makes me sad.

Wizard was basically Kiva all over again. Incredible suits, kickass theme and motifs, interesting introduction, completely blows a fat one by episode 10 and never quite picks it up again.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

The only thing I thought was silly was him using flags as weapons, they weren't even blades. Just flags. But drat I want a Figuart for that bad boy.

Just think of them as big metal batons with bits of cloth attached and it starts making more sense. More sense by toku standards, anyway.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TerminusEst13 posted:

Wizard was basically Kiva all over again. Incredible suits, kickass theme and motifs, interesting introduction, completely blows a fat one by episode 10 and never quite picks it up again.

And the show would be better off if they just made it about the Secondary Rider.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

TerminusEst13 posted:

Hell, Wataru and Haruto were even identical in hairstyle and style of clothing, pretty much. The similarities go on...

Re: Kachidoki I thought the style was really dumb when they showed it in the preview for 23 (i.e. end of 22) but boy, did those feelings turn around when we got to see it in action. :allears: I was still really lukewarm on the big bulky flags sticking out until the back until OH MY GOD EXPLOSIONS AND FLAG-SPINNING

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

TerminusEst13 posted:

Wizard and Kiva are both similar to Faiz too, which also has incredibly awesome suit design, one of the best belts ever, very creative themes and premise... and it's terrible after a few episodes and somehow declines more in the most laughable ways from there.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 27, 2014

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
It sucks that all the Kamen Rider shows I'm interested in end up shtting the best a quarter of the way through :negative: And my favorite Sentai/PR season isn't usually talked about in the usual threads either.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

And the show would be better off if they just made it about the Secondary Rider.

A whole series of "My button! MY BUTTON!" would be more entertaining, but I don't know about straight-up better.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I only watched about half of Kiva so Naga may have revealed some sides to himself in the back half to revolutionize his character but I prefer the concept of Wataru over Naga based on the first half personally. I think Kiva probably has some of the strongest opening episodes in toku full stop really - it just falls apart pretty drat quick. I loved the concept of Wataru as an agorophobic dhampir with social issues who is forced to learn to get over that poo poo in order to (a) fulfill his own goals and (b) become a hero of some kind. I also loved that the Blue Sky organization viewed him as more of a threat than the actual fangires at the start of the show.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
New Gaim preview images are coming out. Linked for spoilers. http://i.imgur.com/mCIFs8K.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bOOkkbK.jpg

Takatora is too loving sexy.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 28, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh huh, so Kaito is not getting a Jinba form, but straight up ditching the Sengoku Driver for a Genesis like Takatora. Baron Lemon Arms (Baron-Shin, considering Zangetsu-Shin?) looks cool in any case, and I'm glad finally someone other than Kouta is getting a power up...though an Energy form feels kind of underwhelming now that Kouta has gone beyond that with Kachidoki. Oh well, something's something.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jonjonaug posted:

New Gaim preview images are coming out. Linked for spoilers. http://i.imgur.com/mCIFs8K.jpg

Is....is that Ornac crossdressing in the top left of that first one?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

jonjonaug posted:

Looks like Bravo is getting serious about training up Guridon. Also it looks like Peach Rider gets her lockseed back? I hope its from a fight and not just "we picked some backups :v:.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They can mass produce lock seeds i'm sure they picked up an extra out the trash.

Also something i've been wondering: Why does Japan spoil poo poo all the time?

RBX fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 28, 2014

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

RBX posted:

Also something i've been wondering: Why does Japan spoil poo poo all the time?

It's a kids show that sells toys. Get hyped, kiddos.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I was talking about more than just Toku but yeah makes sense.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

SpazmasterX posted:

It's a kids show that sells toys. Get hyped, kiddos.

Excuse me, but this show is good, and therefore cannot be for kids. :reject: :ranbowdash:

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

I don't think this was posted, but I can get used to these in character commercials:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw3KAQQlhp0

There's a small spoiler I guess if you're super sensitive, they didn't forget about the S seed I was wondering about in an earlier post. So we could hopefully be seeing some bad guy upgrades soon besides Banana Energy.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Left without comment, because really, there isn't any more I can say.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Fruit Fighters vs. Some Weird Train Guys is a thing you can watch. Apparently this special isn't the most special special, because some kind of movie is coming?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

This replaces the episode for both this week, correct?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Fooley posted:

This replaces the episode for both this week, correct?

Yes.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The lack of a proper new episode this week is as good a reason as any to get my friends start watching the Gaim backlog.

The fruit, dancing, and obviously arbitrary Inves Game really threw them off at the start. Though at least one of them now thinks Bravo is the best character.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

The lack of a proper new episode this week is as good a reason as any to get my friends start watching the Gaim backlog.

The fruit, dancing, and obviously arbitrary Inves Game really threw them off at the start. Though at least one of them now thinks Bravo is the best character.

Hah, it's cute how you say thinks rather than knows.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It must be nice having friends with utterly flawless correct opinions.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Though at least one of them now thinks Bravo is the best character.
My five year old niece KNOWS he's the best character.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'll leave my earlier comment as a mistake of wording rather than as a statement of disagreement.

(It's me, I'm the nincompoop.)

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Today I learned that apparently people will even raid online retailers to scalp stuff for a quick buck. :psyduck:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I just finished marathoning all 23 episodes. Holy poo poo this series is amazing.

I was not expecting fruit themed samurai fighting Pokemon to be this dark and to possibly be a better Rider show than Double.

Micchy is my favorite character, despite (because of?) how malleable his morals and alliances are.

Also, Kouta's actor is amazing and really sells his emotions.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Some Numbers posted:

Also, Kouta's actor is amazing and really sells his emotions.
He is way better than he has any right to be. I'm pretty sure he's got a better actor than either Eiji or Ankh, and probably on par with the W cast at their best. (Gentaro's actor is still the best non-Showa main lead, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 5, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Leper Colon V posted:

He is way better than he has any right to be. I'm pretty sure he's got a better actor than either Eiji or Ankh, and probably on par with the W cast at their best. (Gentaro's actor is still the best Showa main lead, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.)

I'll fight you for that.

Gentaro is not a Showa Rider, he's a Heisei one. Showa is everything before Kuuga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
You know Gentaro's the one from Fourze, right?

• Locked thread