Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

To: RonPaulLives; All
There are a number of Freepers who like to snipe at the ‘Dixiecrat’ Democrat party and all the bad things Southern Democrat white guys did to the blackamoors after the War between the States. After 1865 white people in much of the South were faced with basic public order issues with masses of the most ignorant and debased former slaves either hanging about the towns to collect rations from the Freedman's Bureau or roaming about the country stealing what livestock the federals hadn't taken or killed and engaging in arson and , if they could get away with it, mayhem, rape, and some murders. White people in Dixie reacted harshly and the violence that ensued was directed at the carpetbaggers and their black dupes and stooges. Thereafter the belief for decades was that blacks could never be allowed to have any political power and were to be ruthlessly subordinated and controlled . I remember older white people back in the 60’s saying the same thing would occur again if the segregation regime were dismantled. I dismissed such talk as foolish reactionary ignorance. Today when I see events like this reported constantly and with increasing frequency and when I see just how vicious and debased many blacks are where I live i can only feel a chill of apprehension that those now dead white men where right.

54 posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:48:20 PM by robowombat
This entire post needs to be bolded just for it's "but democrats are the real racists I tell you" value. I just love in particular the part I bolded because it's the racist equivalent of "I used to practice black magic and animal sacrifice at a satanist church and had 2 abortions per year and do drugs and had homo sex all the time but then I found god".
No you didn't, you're full of poo poo, you've always been like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Friends! LL Cool J (pbuh) is calling you to Islam. He is calling you to knock out whites.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

You are lucky this time. Next time don’t worry about hurting a mob of goons that wants to hurt you...

5 posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:17:20 PM by 2banana (My common ground with terrorists - they want to die for islam and we want to kill them)

:colbert:

quote:

To: marshmallow

“corporations cannot have religious views”

Oh they can’t? Well then, you’ve walked right into the logic trap. If they cannot hold religious views, then by extension, they do not have to act morally. Therefore, to the end of this reasoning, businesses may not be held accountable for detrimental actions. You’ve said this yourself, Mizzzzzz Fluke.

12 posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:54:39 PM by GreenAccord (Bacon Akbar)

As far as I know, corporations don't have to act morally. They just have to obey the law, just like people do regardless of their religious views. They aren't held accountable for detrimental actions, only for illegal actions (sometimes).

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Considering the absolutely loathsome poo poo some of these companies do that's legal (or at least not easily punished) if that's them acting in a "religious" way the thought of them going full evil is terrifying.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Dear God you can HEAR the sound of a hundred freepers masturbating at the idea of driving their chevy truck over roves of zombies blacks.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

RagnarokAngel posted:

Dear God you can HEAR the sound of a hundred freepers masturbating at the idea of driving their chevy truck over roves of zombies blacks.

Ferals. Please.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

quote:

Obama Gives Pope Chest of 'Fruit and Vegetable Seeds Used in the White House Garden'
The Weekly Standard ^ | March 27, 2014 | DANIEL HALPER
Posted on 3/27/2014 7:41:15 AM by don-o

President Obama has just concluded his meeting with the pope today in the Vatican. The White House sent details of the gift President Obama delivered to the pope.

"President Barack Obama presented His Holiness Pope Francis with a custom-made seed chest featuring a variety of fruit and vegetable seeds used in the White House Garden. Earlier this month, Pope Francis made the historic announcement that he would open to the public the gardens of the papal summer residence, the Apostolic Palace of Castel Gandolfo," writes the White House in an email to reporters.

"The chest is made from American leather, and features reclaimed wood from the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which is one of the oldest Catholic cathedrals built in the United States.

Sounds like a nice seed chest, which is an appropriate gift for a humble man like Pope Francis.

But on FReep...

The president is Black. Get it?! :lol:

quote:

To: don-o
Great. Now the Pope can grow his own okra.

3 posted on 3/27/2014 7:43:06 AM by ButThreeLeftsDo (Support Free Republic!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

No, no, seriously. The president really is Black! :lol:

quote:

To: ronniesgal
I hope the Pope likes mustard greens.

8 posted on 3/27/2014 7:48:42 AM by Ancient Man
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Most people would find the idea of giving an avowed pacifist and spiritual leader of over a billion people a gun as a present gauche. But McGruff takes time to rub one out for the idea of super-manly man Vlad Putin's gift.

quote:

Putin would probably give him an AK-47.

10 posted on 3/27/2014 7:48:53 AM by McGruff (They say the first casualty of war is truth)

Pope Francis: Noted epicurian and lover of luxury.

quote:

What the hells the matter with this dope? If you’re representing the US, bring a mixed case of the best California wines available or twenty pounds of Kona coffee or smoked Alaskan salmon. Seeds? Really, isn’t that what Bill left on Monica’s dress

11 posted on 3/27/2014 7:49:27 AM by muir_redwoods (When I first read it, "Atlas Shrugged" was fiction)

Obama is all the bad things from all points in time. Also, fail.

quote:

Cain and Abel.
Fail.

13 posted on 3/27/2014 7:51:34 AM by ClearCase_guy

:tinfoil: Communists! :tinfoil:

quote:

Is it a subtle message, Obama’s saying the seeds of communism have been planted not only in America, but also the catholic church?

16 posted on 3/27/2014 7:53:42 AM by Thorliveshere (Minnesota Survivor)

IT LITERALLY NEVER STOPS BEING FUNNY THAT THE PRESIDENT IS BLACK! :lol: :lol: :lol:

quote:

To: Ancient Man
there is a watermelon joke in here somewhere.

22 posted on 3/27/2014 7:56:47 AM by ronniesgal (please Chinese, keep our yeti!!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Goddamn modern fertilizer! Obama should've used only special Pope-brand fertilizer for these seeds!

quote:

Nice. Those seeds came from plants grown in processed sewage. Most of his previous gifts to dignitaries could be considered sh*tty, but this one literally is.

37 posted on 3/27/2014 8:16:13 AM by edpc (Wilby 2016)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Haha jesus, I thought the "Obama gives the Queen an iPod" thing was overblown but understandable. This sounds like the perfect gift for Pope Francis but of course there's something wrong with it.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I love the visual idea of Putin giving the Pope an AK. Classic, shirtless Putin just swaggers up and gives the spiritual leader of the Catholic Church a loving assault rifle.

And, of course, he smiles because he has no self-awareness.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
gently caress you Freep! Okra is delicious! :colbert:

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 27, 2014

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I was gonna say, I am white/not Southern as all hell, and okra, mustard greens (and associated), and watermelon are all delicious.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
I have a hard time believing that the "give the Pope an AK" guy was being serious and not mocking Putin's whole schtick, but then again this is Freep.

[edit]Okra is nasty imo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zero_Grade posted:

I was gonna say, I am white/not Southern as all hell, and okra, mustard greens (and associated), and watermelon are all delicious.

That's not really the point.

e: and ^^^^ is dead wrong

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Zero_Grade posted:

They eat them too, by and large. As a white man in the south, I eat that stuff regularly and so do all the old racists. It's just dog whistle racism.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I am from the South. Okra is gross. Maybe I just feel that way because I used to spend miserable summers picking it.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Gumbo contains okra and gumbo owns.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Fried Okra is also amazing as well. [/goon]

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

nucleicmaxid posted:

They eat them too, by and large. As a white man in the south, I eat that stuff regularly and so do all the old racists. It's just dog whistle racism.
Oh yeah, I'm aware of freeper's impressive ability to be hypocritical and racist about the pettiest things because the President happens to be a ni-BONNNNNNNNGGGGG.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Jesuits would never condescend to eat a meal that poor people eat :smug:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

eggsovereasy posted:

I really wish I could see the comments that were bad enough to be removed if all the rest are fine, or maybe I don't :ohdear:

A logic trap :thumbsup:

He's almost on to why regulation is important.

I never get tired of self-righteous fuckwads who think that religious dogma is the only thing separating us from murdering, raping, and looting everything in sight.

"Corporations aren't religious? Then I guess they get to buttfuck their employees at will, checkmate libs :smug:"

These are the people who infuriate me more than any of the racists or sexists I see on Freep.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Seriously, that sounds like the perfect pope gift. Whoever came up with that did an excellent job.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Alter Ego posted:

I never get tired of self-righteous fuckwads who think that religious dogma is the only thing separating us from murdering, raping, and looting everything in sight.

"Corporations aren't religious? Then I guess they get to buttfuck their employees at will, checkmate libs :smug:"

These are the people who infuriate me more than any of the racists or sexists I see on Freep.

That's just the invisible hand of the free market fisting you. Why do you hate capitalism?

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

The SCOTUS unanimously upheld a law forbidding anyone convicted of even misdemeanor domestic abuse from owning a firearm:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3137533/posts

quote:

To: GIdget2004
wow... unanimous ...
so much for “shall not be infringed”

I guess using the logic of this ruling... the government could pass a law tomorrow that anyone who exhales carbon dioxide (aka breathes) has committed a crime and automatically loses their right to keep and bear arms

3 posted on 3/26/2014 10:05:02 AM by TexasFreeper2009 (Obama lied .. the economy died.)

Yeah, just try to get that law through the Congressional deadlock we have. :rolleyes:

quote:

I think many of the actions the court take as acts of domestic violence as well, from eminent domain to abortion, spying to healthcare, the victims aka legal US citizens, suffer in silence.. or will after the internet is turned off,, there is no redress , no shame for their actions,, no justice.. jmo.

Do their acts involve ‘violence’ per se? You be the Judge.

7 posted on 3/26/2014 10:08:26 AM by NormsRevenge (Semper Fi - Revolution is a'brewin!!!)

Ah, yes. Turning off the Internet. Another bill that's sure to breeze right through Congress. Also, something totally not impossible to do at all.

quote:

It doesn’t actually bar him from owning a gun at all. It bars him from state approval for owning a gun.

10 posted on 3/26/2014 10:11:53 AM by Billthedrill

Yes, I guess, in the most literal sense, a law can't physically stop you from doing something. It's the law enforcement officers, and the judiciary, such as the one which convicted him, that does it. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but laws can never hurt me."

quote:

*Misdmeanor* domestic violence.Hmmmm,IIRC littering and jaywalking are misdemeanors too.
16 posted on 3/26/2014 10:27:26 AM by Gay State Conservative (Stalin Blamed The Kulaks,Obama Blames The Tea Party)

They're actually city ordinance violations. But anyway, the point here seems to be: "domestic violence misdemeanors will preclude you from owning a firearm, therefore non-domestic violence related misdemeanors do too". The old "A, therefore not A" argument. Classic. How does this guy even do basic things?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
'One in 68 kids has Autism'

quote:

To: Star Traveler
I still would look at the whole vaccination thing. I didn’t vaccinate, and neither did my daughter. Wouldn’t trust it for a minute.

5 posted on 03/27/2014 12:20:02 PM PDT by JudyinCanada
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: JudyinCanada
“Wouldn’t trust it for a minute.”

Sad for your children that you are gullible enough to believe crap you read on the Internet and let your children suffer risks of diseases totally curable.

8 posted on 03/27/2014 12:22:36 PM PDT by CodeToad (Arm Up! They Are!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: CodeToad
Sad for your children that you are gullible enough to believe crap you read on the Internet and let your children suffer risks of diseases totally curable.
Maybe she read the warning label inserts that come with the vaccines listing all the possible side effects and didn't want to take the chance. Have you ever read the vaccine warning labels or are you gullible enough to pump your kid full of a substance you had know idea what it contained or how your kid would react to?

43 posted on 03/27/2014 1:02:39 PM PDT by Count of Monte Fisto (The foundation of modern society is the denial of reality.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]

quote:

The increasing prevalence of autism quite confusing and worrying. You know what I predict, I would not be surprised if people become begin to think that perhaps 70% or more Generation X and younger people have somehow aquired chromosomal damage. Further studies make imply that older people, those now age 50 and over do not show this damage to the mitochondria of outer layer of the cell walls, nor do they (we) show an upsurge of DNA that science has never named or figured uses for. What may this lead to? More stem cell treatments, more cellular cloning from older ‘untainted’ human’s. Suddenly, it will become quite profitable just to be an old person in relatively good health. Laws will be written to allow people to sell their genetic material under a copyright. So much is possible today through the hard sciences, that we shouldn’t dismiss unusual ideas.

16 posted on 3/27/2014 2:26:04 PM by lee martell
And we, the freepers, will be the ones holding all the cards :smuggo:

quote:

The increase is BS invented by public schools and the commie teachers union that runs them.

They get a big bucket a federal cash for every kid they can claim as ADHD etc etc.

Remove the extra funding and new cases will drop like a rock!

29 posted on 3/27/2014 2:38:21 PM by Beagle8U (Unions are an Affirmative Action program for Slackers! .)
Literally: gently caress your autistic children!

quote:

To: Star Traveler; All
Anyone with an autistic child should try a lo/no carb diet....there is research that says it really does help many...NOT all....but, many

36 posted on 3/27/2014 2:48:07 PM by goodnesswins (R.I.P. Doherty, Smith, Stevens, Woods.)
-------------------------------
Hobby Lobby provided emergency contraceptives before they opposed them

quote:

To: shepardspie33
So?

Did they lie to their employees? People are welcome to go find another job.

2 posted on 3/27/2014 2:04:42 PM by driftdiver (I could eat it raw, but why do that when I have a fire.)

quote:

The issue is FREEDOM.

9 posted on 3/27/2014 2:13:34 PM by SoFloFreeper

quote:

“Hobby Lobby discovered that the formulary for its prescription drug policy included two drugs - Plan B and Ella - that could cause an abortion” (pg. 15, pt. #55)”

There’s a difference in “Could cause” as in side effect and deliberately prescribing them to cause an abortion.

Their abjection is to mandated funding for abortion and infanticide. Not potential side effects of some medications.

5 posted on 03/27/2014 12:08:43 PM PDT by CrappieLuck
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: CrappieLuck
There’s a difference in “Could cause” as in side effect and deliberately prescribing them to cause an abortion.
There is also a huge moral difference between innocently covering a LONG list of drugs (prepared by a physician who may not have cared about early abortion), without being aware of the uses of all of them and continuing to cover those drugs once you are aware of the moral dimension. Once ObamaCare drew attention to the formulary and to that particular issue, Hobby Lobby was morally obligated to stop coverage.

8 posted on 03/27/2014 12:13:04 PM PDT by Pollster1 ("Shall not be infringed" is unambiguous.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Starstruck
Amen.

Maybe they didn’t know the drugs were covered. Maybe they did and now they don’t want them covered. Doesn’t matter.

They should be free to make decisions today about today. Changing one’s position is not a crime.

15 posted on 3/27/2014 2:20:45 PM by posterchild
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]
Unless you're a political figure trying to woo the freeper demographic.

quote:

To: shepardspie33; xzins
What they did in the past is irrelevant.

The parties to this suit have all stipulated that Hobby Lobby has a heartfelt religious opposition to being required to provide insurance which pays for abortifacients.

The ruling will be based on this stipulation. The court cannot question the legitimacy of stipulated facts. The must assume that those facts are true.

19 posted on 3/27/2014 2:22:50 PM by P-Marlowe (There can be no Victory without a fight and no battle without wounds)

quote:

I’m guessing some affirmative action hire in HR saw Plan B and Ella in the pharmacopeia and had nary a clue what they were.

29 posted on 3/27/2014 2:43:59 PM by Buckeye McFrog
Some black woman was too stupid to know what these were, and thus the company paid for them up until 2012. A totally plausible scenario :rolleyes:
Cremation gaining acceptance, study shows

quote:

To: Graybeard58
cook and send the ashes to the landfill!

Wasting real estate on dead bodies should be illegal!

9 posted on 3/27/2014 1:59:18 PM by dalereed
World Vision reverses gay hiring decision

quote:

to late Worldly Vision, you showed your true colors. Just in it for the money not serving Christ crucified. Homosexuality is an abonimation to God. World Vision sold out to a worldly vision.

3 posted on 3/27/2014 1:29:22 PM by hondact200 (Candor dat viribos alas (sincerity gives wings to strength) and Nil desperandum (never despair))

quote:

Another sell-out Christian organization that will get $0.00 from me.

8 posted on 3/27/2014 1:36:04 PM by attiladhun2 (The Free World has a new leader--his name is Benjamin Netanyahu)

quote:

They need to reveal which board members and executives drove the decision. And they need to get them out of the company.

15 posted on 3/27/2014 1:56:58 PM by DannyTN ( .)

quote:

Okay....the following was from a pastor. This pastor is conservative, a firearms owner, and preaches Christ and Him crucified.
Here is your tough question for the day: Imagine, if you will, a slight twist to the Schindler's List story. As we all know, Schindler and the Nazis both benefited from doing business together. We also know that Schindler had a higher calling. Schindler was using his own power and money to save as many children as possible from the Nazi gas chambers. But here is the twist. Schindler is running low on funds. He comes knocking on your door, explains his plight and asks for a donation. From this meeting you know two things; 1. Schindler is doing business with the Nazis, 2. Schindler is attempting to save children's lives.
You are faced with this decision. Simply, do I or do I NOT donate to his cause?

25 posted on 3/27/2014 2:11:18 PM by hoagy62 ("Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered..."-Thomas Paine. 1776)

quote:

To: hoagy62
In this specific case, I choose “not donate.”

27 posted on 3/27/2014 2:23:00 PM by Jagdgewehr (It will take blood.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

kik2dagroin posted:

quote:

To: CodeToad
Maybe she read the warning label inserts that come with the vaccines listing all the possible side effects and didn't want to take the chance. Have you ever read the vaccine warning labels or are you gullible enough to pump your kid full of a substance you had know idea what it contained or how your kid would react to?

43 posted on 03/27/2014 1:02:39 PM PDT by Count of Monte Fisto (The foundation of modern society is the denial of reality.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]

Better not take any form of medication every! They all have potential side-effects!

Also please note that CAUSES AUTISM is not one of the side-effects listed with vaccines.

quote:

cook and send the ashes to the landfill!

Wasting real estate on dead bodies should be illegal!

9 posted on 3/27/2014 1:59:18 PM by dalereed

Well gently caress I find myself agreeing with dalereed. Although I'm sure if allowed to elaborate more he would go on to tell me that real estate should instead be wasted on dragstrips and tittybars.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 27, 2014

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
I love how Freepers talk all about how "shall not be infringed" is a non-negotiable holy tenet of universal, Constitutional gun ownership but if you bring up the fact that convicts lose this right they derp out and lose their minds.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Does anyone even pretend to be a black freeper anymore with all the superblatant racism these days?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
I figure this is the best place to plop down something I found today while pouring over some primary sources this afternoon, probably best filed under "freepers have more in common with the imaginary Nixon-era 'Silent Majority' than anything else":

quote:

Eyes Only

SEPTEMBER 8, 1970

TO: Mr. Ehrlichman
Mr. Finch
Mr. Haldeman

The September 5 News Summary reported that despite the passionate minorites on the right and the left, the majority of the people in the West between the Alleghenies and the Rockies believe most of the following: The Vietnam war is a mess we should never have gotten into- "but after all, it is coming to an end." The rebellious kids are both wrong and a menace. More cops and tougher penalties are needed to stop crime- not slum clearance. The Supreme Court has assumed too much "legislative" power. "Taxes are too drat high." The poor are poor mainly though not entirely because they don't work and have too many kids. Education is in trouble because "they" teach everything but what counts, i.e., reading and writing. The Communists are still a menace and at the very least cutting the defense budget is dangerous. Negroes have rights but forced integration will leave everyone worse off. One of our main national problems is permissive parents. Private enterprise can do anything better than government, so government should be reduced to a minimum- thus big business is good and bigger business is better. But big government is terrible and bigger government is dangerous.

The President asked that you take note of this. He feels that we'd better shape up and quit trimming the wrong way. It is very late- but we still have time to move away from the line of our well-intentioned liberals on our own staff. It is dynamite politically and wrong usually on the merits.

The President went on to say that he can't emphasize too strongly his concern that our Administration team- including White House staff- has been affected too much by the unreal atmosphere of the D.C. press, social and intellectual set. Perhaps Cambodia and Kent State led to an overreaction by our people to prove that we were pro-students, blacks, left. We must get turned around on this before it is too late- emphasize anti-crime, anti-demonstrations, anti-drugs, anti-obscenity. We must get with the mood of the country which is fed up with the liberals.

Emphasis mine.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alter Ego posted:

"Every politician who gets an endorsement from Sarah Palin is golden!"

Except John McCain, Christine O'Donnell, Sarah Steelman, and like every other loving rear end in a top hat teabagger she's endorsed.

Uh I think you'll find that they said "Republican" and by "Republican" they meant "true Republican" and one of the definitions of "true Republican" is "never loses" :smuggo:

I love that Freep is just a race to the bottom in its rhetoric.
Sandra Fluke speaks out about her friend, a full time student, not being able to afford birth control pills for a medical condition.
Sandra Fluke speaks out about her friend, a full time student, not being able to afford birth control pills for a medical condition.
Sandra Fluke speaks out about her friend, a full time student, not being able to afford birth control pills condoms for a medical condition.
Sandra Fluke speaks out about demands the government buys her friend, a full time student slut, not being able to afford birth control pills condoms for a medical condition.
And then all of Freep agrees that the latest one is the truest one because someone else said it so it must be true and that's the new truth. They do this with every issue and its very special that we get to watch it happen sometimes.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Guilty verdict withheld in Miami Heat dancer death trial [Because the killer is homosexual]

Potential juror misconduct because of bias, Homosexuals are legally immune, same thing really.

quote:

Special consideration given to homosexual convicted murderer. Nice.

1 posted on Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:28:01 AM by SoFloFreeper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: SoFloFreeper

New plea, Not Guilty by Reason of Homosexuality?

3 posted on Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:38:29 AM by Antihero101607

loving Judges, giving juries instructions. :argh:

quote:

I thought what happens in the jury room, stays in the jury room. If jurors don’t feel free to discuss the case, why bother with a jury trial at all? As it is, judges try and force juries to follow their dictates and generally despise foundation concepts like jury nullification.

4 posted on Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:39:29 AM by Flick Lives ("I can't believe it's not Fascism!")

Not gonna lie, I would love to see him try this

quote:

To: Antihero101607

I’ll use that excuse next time I get pulled over. “ Sorry officer, you can’t give me that ticket, I’m a homo.”

6 posted on Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:16:00 AM by shelterguy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Holder’s Amarica.

13 posted on Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:57:19 AM by Organic Panic

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
"I'm gay" ~ A Freeper

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

"I'm gay" ~ A Freeper

It probably feels so good to finally say it.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Just on the Autism thing, one of the reasons that autism seems to be ticking up in the population is that more and more cases that used to be classified rear end a not-otherwise-specified developmental disorder are being recognized as functionally similar to autism and added to the autism spectrum. Whether this is a good thing, or whether autism is actually one condition or a combination of many different ones, is still up for debate, but what is known is that heredity is a factor in 90% of cases. There's basically 0 evidence of any environmental effects being the main source, apart from a few very specific drugs given to pregnant mothers, like thalidomide.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Is there any evidance that women having children at older ages (after say, the early 20s) can account for some of the increase in autism cases? This is something i've heard of in addition to the "wider spectrum" reason that sounds more scientific than the crazy anti-vaccination types.

Is having children in your 30s, 40s and 50s unhealthy?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Is there any evidance that women having children at older ages (after say, the early 20s) can account for some of the increase in autism cases? This is something i've heard of in addition to the "wider spectrum" reason that sounds more scientific than the crazy anti-vaccination types.

Only in as much that everything bad that can happen during a pregnancy becomes more likely the older the woman is during gestation.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Late 30s puts you in the "Danger Zone" (and not just with Lana) in terms of developmental disorders. It's by far not a certainty, but there is increased risk. I'm not aware of any study that's examined autism specifically and older mothers, but I'm sure there's one out there.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

MattD1zzl3 posted:

At least from what I remember, autism cases spike with the age of the father. There are definitely genetic diseases that can slip in the older the mother is too, though. But yeah, people waiting longer to have families definitely has an effect,a s I recall the effect starts being seen around 30-35 in men, and climbs from there. It's still only a small chance, though. And it's not like people weren't having kids at older ages in previous eras either.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

There's a higher risk of Down's Syndrome with mothers that are older, but that's all I know of currently.

e: I should probably post a link for a claim like that. From The March of Dimes:

http://www.marchofdimes.com/baby/down-syndrome.aspx

quote:

Does the risk of Down syndrome increase with the mother’s age?
Yes. The risk of Down syndrome increases with the mother’s age (7):

At age 25, the risk of having a baby with Down syndrome is 1 in 1,250.
At age 30, the risk is 1 in 1,000.
At age 35, the risk is 1 in 400.
At age 40, the risk is 1 in 100.
At age 45, the risk is 1 in 30.
Even though the risk is greater as the mother’s age increases, about 80 percent of babies with Down syndrome are born to women under age 35. This is because younger women have more babies than older women (1).

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 28, 2014

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
It's come to this.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate Disco > Freepers: I'm gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
I think if a gay freeper were to be honest about their sexuality for even a second they'd probably die.

• Locked thread