Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

sakeyake posted:

I guess they wanted to avoid the perception that it's limited to fantasy: http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/27/5552368/everquest-next-landmark-enters-closed-beta

In other words, they want to be able to sell every outfit type ever.

Welp. As long as they can move fast with getting the additional features in this pretty cool. So much gathering right now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
More keys

PRH3XM6FRX6UZFX3XE6H

XDH47NAT46DNU9CMRMU9

Z3KC4P4MJNFNXX4TZEKA

H4REPKGNAPTKPHZUPMGT

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ratzap posted:

More keys

Z3KC4P4MJNFNXX4TZEKA

Grabbed this one, thanks.

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009

Ratzap posted:

PRH3XM6FRX6UZFX3XE6H

I took this one. Thank you, Ratzap!

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Ratzap posted:

More keys

PRH3XM6FRX6UZFX3XE6H

XDH47NAT46DNU9CMRMU9

Z3KC4P4MJNFNXX4TZEKA

H4REPKGNAPTKPHZUPMGT

Last 2 were sniped :(

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I didn't necessary realize this was using the planetside 2 engine. I literally quit playing planetside 2 because that game ran like poo poo even after I upgraded my CPU. No modern game should be bottlenecked by CPU to give you good graphics.

I'm getting 20-30fps on an ATI HD6970, w/intel i5-3570K OCed to 3.4ghz. I receive similar framerates in Planetside 2. I'm guessing part of it is the use of voxels and having to render so much information, but still.

Really wish there was a better way to tweak graphics settings other than the Planetside 2 tweaks. View distance doesn't improve framerate at all.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
XDH47NAT46DNU9CMRMU9

got this one thanks.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

PM me for a key, or email me at my username @gmail.com, since this is an open forum. I'll edit this post when all are taken.

all taken

Keshik fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 29, 2014

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

CountingWizard posted:

I didn't necessary realize this was using the planetside 2 engine. I literally quit playing planetside 2 because that game ran like poo poo even after I upgraded my CPU. No modern game should be bottlenecked by CPU to give you good graphics.

I'm getting 20-30fps on an ATI HD6970, w/intel i5-3570K OCed to 3.4ghz. I receive similar framerates in Planetside 2. I'm guessing part of it is the use of voxels and having to render so much information, but still.

You might want to let the PC building thread know. Last I checked they still recommended i5s.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

nelson posted:

You might want to let the PC building thread know. Last I checked they still recommended i5s.

Yeah I have that same cpu and PS2 runs great, 80fps+ in firefights.

edit - for reference my video card is a 7870. In Landmark I get like 40 fps on high settings. Its a bit slower than PS2 at this point.

Shemp the Stooge fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 28, 2014

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

itsnice2bnice posted:

I don't have platinum, but if you guys post your email address I can email you a beta key.

Awesome. Thank you if its still on offer. teh_sid@hotmail.com

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

CountingWizard posted:

Really wish there was a better way to tweak graphics settings other than the Planetside 2 tweaks. View distance doesn't improve framerate at all.
Have you played PS2 recently? They did a big performance patch back in November that might've helped. I doubt it's your CPU since I run it flawlessly now (max settings from the .ini file from the PS2 thread) with my almost five year old AMD Phenom II (3.2Ghz quad-core) now whereas I used to have constant hitching (potentially also tied to upgrading from 4GB to 8GB of RAM). I'd guess your more likely culprit is either not having 8GB of RAM or the three year old GPU. I wouldn't count on Landmark optimization for awhile though.

itsnice2bnice posted:

Here's some tips to help enjoy the game as it is for people who haven't played before:
Thanks, got a beta key from a friend so this stuff will come in handy.

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

tehsid posted:

Awesome. Thank you if its still on offer.

No problem, I've sent you a mail with a key.

Harettazetta I still have a key with your name on it you want one.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

itsnice2bnice posted:

No problem, I've sent you a mail with a key.

Harettazetta I still have a key with your name on it you want one.

Thank you for that mate. Got the email!

I'm tehsid in game, I'll jump on Adventure.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
So do all servers start out in an artic wasteland or is there a way to change biomes?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Kortel posted:

So do all servers start out in an artic wasteland or is there a way to change biomes?

go to the portal stone and pick a different continent.

edit - also I found this on the official forums, seems like a pretty good place for recipes. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QkqPHnG1JckUWZanT9Mm8yjanGCIS_kheYae49fuo8o/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Shemp the Stooge fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Mar 28, 2014

hitachi
May 2, 2003

Hail to the King, baby

Keshik posted:

PM me for a key, or email me at my username @gmail.com, since this is an open forum. I'll edit this post when all are taken.

3/4 taken, 1 remaining

this is the last one: A2ZDMTMNJZVDZJHAHN6M

first come first served

I got this one, thanks!

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Reposting biome list.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
KEYS

4N6ZR43M6D2XP3MMP6CT
HPR24CXNZ3RHRNX3ZC76
DKPRNE6P62GD3G2R6G6X
P94D4FKKRRFXAEGR3PFJ

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

BabyFur Denny posted:

KEYS
DKPRNE6P62GD3G2R6G6X

My wife decided to play, used this one(didn't try the others). Thanks!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

BabyFur Denny posted:

KEYS
P94D4FKKRRFXAEGR3PFJ

Snagged this'un. Thank you, kindly!

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's mostly a RAM issue with this game engine. I tried loading this up on a decade old computer with 2g of RAM to see what would happen. Slideshow would be an understatement. At one point I saw Jabro, then for another frame, and then he was gone. Even though I could move the FPS counter actually said zero at times.

Anyone playing with some high speed/end ram like 32g of 2600+? I', assuming it runs like butter.

Christopher
May 29, 2006

BabyFur Denny posted:

KEYS

HPR24CXNZ3RHRNX3ZC76

Grabbed this one. Thank you very much!

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

joebob posted:

go to the portal stone and pick a different continent.
Can you explain?

Do you mean different server or are there different continents per server.

Yesterday was my first time playing, not counting the first half hour after opening of closed beta.

Christopher
May 29, 2006
Where can you go to check what level of beta access you currently have, download link, etc?

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

erephus posted:

Can you explain?

Do you mean different server or are there different continents per server.

Yesterday was my first time playing, not counting the first half hour after opening of closed beta.

Yes, each server has different Tiers which consist of higher levels of resources. You have to go to certain biomes to get particular items to harvest such as palm heart from the palm trees in the tropical biome. Ore and gems are standard and increasing in level across all biomes as Tier increases but not all plants are. So choose the proper biome from the list that grrarg posted above and then teleport to there from the spires. Hope that helps.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

SymfonyMan posted:

I think it's mostly a RAM issue with this game engine. I tried loading this up on a decade old computer with 2g of RAM to see what would happen. Slideshow would be an understatement. At one point I saw Jabro, then for another frame, and then he was gone. Even though I could move the FPS counter actually said zero at times.

Anyone playing with some high speed/end ram like 32g of 2600+? I', assuming it runs like butter.

I've got 24gb of ram, an i7 4770, and a geforce 770, running at 1440p with ultra settings its usually only around 40-50 fps, I think there's a lot of optimizing they need to do.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SymfonyMan posted:

It's not the computer. I'm White Shadow. I move so fast all you see is my shadow.

What crafting stations does Goon Valley have in it so far? I couldn't really play yesterday so I'm behind the times now.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

jabro posted:

It's not the computer. I'm White Shadow. I move so fast all you see is my shadow.

What crafting stations does Goon Valley have in it so far? I couldn't really play yesterday so I'm behind the times now.

Where's goon valley?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Near Goon Mountain

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Thanks. Where's that?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

nelson posted:

Thanks. Where's that?

Take the Goon Expressway.

Adventure - Oxbow. South of the Spire.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I procced a Legendary Cobalt Pick. Laying waste to the countryside is an understatement this thing is a machine of destruction.

I am on Rebellion server. How does the server changes work? Can your character transfer over to another or just templates or do you have to make a whole new guy?

Sidenote: Jesus gently caress that Ancient wood tree is an elusive prick for how much you need.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Drinkfist posted:

I procced a Legendary Cobalt Pick. Laying waste to the countryside is an understatement this thing is a machine of destruction.

I am on Rebellion server. How does the server changes work? Can your character transfer over to another or just templates or do you have to make a whole new guy?

Sidenote: Jesus gently caress that Ancient wood tree is an elusive prick for how much you need.

You can go to whichever server you want, transfers are handled in game at the spire things. Your templates are a part of your account and go where you go.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda

Tom Guycot posted:

I've got 24gb of ram, an i7 4770, and a geforce 770, running at 1440p with ultra settings its usually only around 40-50 fps, I think there's a lot of optimizing they need to do.

It's mostly Shadows. Take that down to Medium or Low. I run a Core i5-2500K with a GTX 770 and I sit rock solid at 60 with shadows down to medium.

Checking GPU usage, the difference is 60% usage with Shadows on Medium vs. 100% with it on Ultra.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Flarestar posted:

It's mostly Shadows. Take that down to Medium or Low. I run a Core i5-2500K with a GTX 770 and I sit rock solid at 60 with shadows down to medium.

Checking GPU usage, the difference is 60% usage with Shadows on Medium vs. 100% with it on Ultra.

I want to turn down shadows but I'm afraid it will get rid of Ambient Occlusion which is incredibly necessary to try and get some depth perception while mining or digging holes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm on a four year old Asus with an i2 and 8 gigs of ram and haven't had stuttering issues yet. Haven't been in any super populated areas yet thought.

Is it worth it to keep making keen eye bands until you get blue or higher?

starfish
Dec 21, 2004

I just got to the highest tier tools, everything I've crafted so far has been green except my gold axe. I think this is payback for getting a legendary rubicite pick on my first try in alpha.

Now to figure out what to build.

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is it worth it to keep making keen eye bands until you get blue or higher?

I don't remember what the stat range for a green Keen-Eye Band is, but I have a blue one with 1.5 Discovery on it. My green Assessor's Marks (craftable at an Outfitter's Table) have 3.3 and 3.6 Discovery on them in comparison.

I'd just craft 2 Keen-Eye Bands and use whatever you get, AFAIK there's no penalty on using 2 items with the same stat bonus, so just double up on whatever you need most. You can go pretty fast if you double up on speed boost items and it only takes a couple of seconds to put on your Discovery stat items when you've found what you wanted to mine / harvest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
More Keys.

47XGJRA73T7RAUG33ER4

4XZJGDJXH9N463P664CN

• Locked thread