Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Adair

Marry him: 26

Leave him with Arisse: 5

Send him to your uncle: 2

Court Musician

Reject her: 17

Accept her: 13

Tuxedo

Don't fux with the tux: 6

Classes

Lore: 38

Mediation: 23

Divination: 16

Swords: 13

Reflexes: 8

Logistics: 6

Faith: 4

Production: 3

Trade: 3

Poison: 3

Strategy: 3

Presence: 2

Accounting: 2

Winners

Marry him

Reject her

Fabutux 3000

Lore x 4

Meditation x 3

Divination x 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Is it just me or does Elodie seem a little too happy with this arrangement? Maybe she is looking forward to their marriage vows.

(At least that way I won't get stuck with an old man.)

You can't actually marry him until he's old enough, but he will be brought here to live as your companion.

You have unlocked a new outfit!

Week 23 goes exactly the same as last time

Here is the priestess robe we just unlocked. Not that we are actually going to wear it in place of the tux!

How is Adair settling in to life at the castle?

I found him in the garden trying to catch frogs.

I think he's still afraid of me.

I'm sure you'll work things out.

You have nothing more to learn about Lore.

(A falling star... Pretty!)

We already maxed out lore, so we are going to increase the two other faith skills.

:argh: If only we had this knowledge last week!

You have nothing more to learn about Meditation.

I have unpleasant news to report. Talarist, the Duke of Sedna, has instituted high tariffs and trade restrictions at the Elath border. Business is disrupted, and there are growing shortages of supplies.

Also vote for

Should we go to the birthday party next week?

2 classes

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Here is Elodie's current skills:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Another Let's Play of a game developed by Hanako has started. Check it out if you are interested!

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

In hopes of gathering support from the supporters of the Econoprincess:

Send aid - it's more economical than putting down a revolt
Don't go to the party - it's more economical than getting arrows taken out
Study flattery and flattery - it's more economical than bribes
Wear the tuxedo - it's more economical than buying new clothes

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
This post might be in a code
To know you must learn to cipher
Learn battlefield medicine on the road
And party up while wiser

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Send Aid We have to fight these tarrifs, lest we succumb to the most ferocious beast. Dead weight loss.
You have better ways to spend your time than a party. Don't go there!
Flattery is important for haggling.
In short: Do what this person wants:

zonohedron posted:

In hopes of gathering support from the supporters of the Econoprincess:

Send aid - it's more economical than putting down a revolt
Don't go to the party - it's more economical than getting arrows taken out
Study flattery and flattery - it's more economical than bribes
Wear the tuxedo - it's more economical than buying new clothes

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 28, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Send Aid, Don't Go, max out Accounting and Production. We want those 100% messages to be the true econoprincess!

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
We should go to the party, but first we need to learn as much battlefield medicine as possible. Just in case there are bandits on the road. :ohdear:

Oh, and something about sending aid, we can't forget that.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Send Aid, Don't Go, max out Accounting and Production. We want those 100% messages to be the true econoprincess!

This.

You know what they say about those who has control over the means of production.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

I get the feeling it's far too late to get Battlefield Medicine up in time for the party, so lets skip out on the party...

Might as well cap accounting and production, no point in working on social skills if bandits aren't letting us go socialize, and it might help when we...

Send aid, whatever is going on sounds like a job for the princess of economics.

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 28, 2014

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Go to the party and form connections, Battlefield Medicine x2, and send aid.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Econoprincess is too nerdy for parties. Flake out.
Finish up accounting and production, and send some of our high-tax bounty to stimulate the economy.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Send aid

Don't get murdered via self-inflicted internal organ puncturing

Swords x2

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Ffff.... welp, looks like all that divination skill went to waste.

Battlefield Medicine x2. We will make it to that party alive.

Send aid.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Spend some of our tax dollars on aid, then don't get horribly murdered by going to a party. With the tux our skills are high enough, so study intrigue.

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 28, 2014

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Send Aid
Don't go to our deaths(in a way we've already seen)
Finish Accounting and Production

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Send aid, at punitive interest.
Snub the party. Somehow I doubt that 0 reflexes, 0 archery and 11 battlefield medicine is going to save us this time. There isn't much point in just repeating a death we've seen.
Finish Economics already x2! :argh:

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 29, 2014

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Send Aid to the victims of tariffs: show that this affront to the free market will accomplish nothing.
Skip the party because we don't have time to stab ourselves in the vital organs and bleeding to death will be hell on our company's stock price.

Flattery x2 will get us nowhere, but will hopefully let us put Public Speaking above 50 and then work on Court Manners.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Don't go to the party, it'll be dead boring.
Send Aid
Public Speaking x2

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
No party
Send aid
Flatteryx2

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

AJ_Impy posted:

Do what this man says.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Spend some of our tax dollars on aid, then don't get horribly murdered by going to a party. With the tux our skills are high enough, so study intrigue.

I like this guy's thinking. Raising Taxes, but then using some as Aid is a good way to do it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I should note that you gain no statistical benefit from the tuxedo if you raise your appropriate skills all to max.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I should note that you gain no statistical benefit from the tuxedo if you raise your appropriate skills all to max.

But it's stylish.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
For the love of Novan god, don't go to that party.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I wonder what got little Adair so up and afraid of us.

quote:

You shouldn't be out catching frogs, you know.

:v: Why's that, highness?

(Test: Lore => SUCCESS) Haven't you ever heard of the Talassian Mage-Frogs?

:v: Uh...

(Test: Lore => SUCCESS) They leap out of the water and kiss cute little boys, instantly transforming them into more Talassian Mage-Frogs. Their numbers have swelled greatly over the past decade as more and more children fall victim.

(Test: Animal Handling => FAILED) The problem will go away after I import a few shipments of milk vipers and release them across Nova as a biological counter-agent, though!

I'm tempted to drag him along to the party and see if he's a nice enough boy to take a few arrows or crossbow bolts for us, but he probably doesn't want to come out of his room anymore. Stay home and get nice and elegant so we can look classy while slapping him around the castle for not tying his shoelaces in perfectly symmetrical knots. How dare he embarrass the Crown Princess with such grotesquery?

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 29, 2014

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Don't go to the party You guys do know that the game expects you to specialize eventually rather then be mediocre at everything right :psyduck:

Flattery x2

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Guys, guys, we just failed a Divination check that had a value of 90. Do we really think that we can get enough Battlefield Medicine + Archery in time to pass that skill check? For the love of the Gods that we will totally rewrite our printed religious documents to say that gave us the Divine right of Queens we should NOT tempt fate

Also, Send Aid, then Accounting and Production

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Send aid!
Don't go to the party,
Production
in hopes our Economics bonus will be high enough afterwards to max Accounting in one (week's worth of) class,
And Poison for the nigh-inevitable assassination attempt.

Wear the tuxedo, that new outfit makes us look distressingly like Selene, and we don't need to resemble renegade Lumens.

RasputinVarez
Nov 12, 2012
I irrationally support inferior conflict CPU's and refute any benchmarks presented to me because of "reasons".

If I'm giving PC advice, you should probably just ignore me.
How is this thread allowed? I thought they but a ban on all H games.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

The H in this game stands for Higher taxes and nothing else, you dirty dirty person. :colbert:

Aid them and Stay home.

Production and Poison.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

RasputinVarez posted:

How is this thread allowed? I thought they but a ban on all H games.

The H stands for Hella yuri.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
To think I only realized someone was LPing this by chance. Also looks like the Steam release added a lot more than just achievements, I'll have to go back to it. There goes my weekend.

Send Aid: They're our peasants, we should choose when they die.
Stay Home: Parties are boring anyway.
Double Economics: We need to understand the economic impact that a cabal of evil Lumens will have on Nova. Or something. :pseudo:

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Send aid: The logistics and trade skill check failed when a shooting star passed by - surely this is related to the failure of the Duke's high tariff policy! :pseudo:
Don't go to the party: We need to learn more of our other studies.
Divination x1, Economics x1 Need to get 100% :catholic:, and getting started on economicshistory will help THE GLORY OF THE CHURCH somehow.

neetengie fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 29, 2014

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Boxn posted:

Divination x1, Economics x1 Need to get 100% :catholic:, and getting started on economics will help THE GLORY OF THE CHURCH.

Uh, 'getting started'? We have 80.1, 84.6, and more than 90 but less than 100 in the three economics subjects, and since we're going to wear the tuxedo until we're buried in it, that's 90.1, 94.6, and 100 as far as checks are concerned. :confused:

Besides, our divination is 99.2, so we'd waste all but .8 of that class slot. (Not that we wouldn't waste some of our class time if we were to spend it on Accounting and Production, but we'd go from 80.1 to 100 and 84.6 to 100, which aren't bad uses of time.)

While the game does expect us to specialize, the game does not expect us to specialize this narrowly. :psyduck:

kick_the_penguin
Jul 8, 2012
Send Aid: We don't want a revolt
Don't go to the party: There is no way this can end well, even if we do somehow manage to train enough Battlefield Medicine we will probably only be killed by the next skill check to actually get away from the bandits.
Foreign Intelligences + Ciphering: We have enough Economics and Faith, time to start a new skill tree.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

AJ_Impy posted:

This.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

zonohedron posted:

Uh, 'getting started'? We have 80.1, 84.6, and more than 90 but less than 100 in the three economics subjects, and since we're going to wear the tuxedo until we're buried in it, that's 90.1, 94.6, and 100 as far as checks are concerned. :confused:

Besides, our divination is 99.2, so we'd waste all but .8 of that class slot. (Not that we wouldn't waste some of our class time if we were to spend it on Accounting and Production, but we'd go from 80.1 to 100 and 84.6 to 100, which aren't bad uses of time.)

While the game does expect us to specialize, the game does not expect us to specialize this narrowly. :psyduck:

I somehow got some of the classes mixed up in the screenshot. I haven't slept in a while, sorry about that.

• Locked thread