Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Turns out not being a debt racked poor with a useless degree owns

I love the attitude that Games regulars have about how precious their 60 dollars is. It's like every decision to buy a game is weighed against meeting their basic caloric need on that given day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

holocaust bloopers posted:

I love the attitude that Games regulars have about how precious their 60 dollars is. It's like every decision to buy a game is weighed against meeting their basic caloric need on that given day.

I'd say thats closer to reality than to hyperbole.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Goons have admitted to being late on rent/loan/credit card payments etc to buy new iPhones. Their priorities are weird.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Your basal metabolic rate is pretty high when you weigh 350 lbs.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

The whining in the Steam thread about games over $10 is pretty funny, although, I kind of get cheap with games. I have a hard time spending sixty bux on something when I know its going to sit on the shelf, or in my library unplayed for potentially forever.
The last three games I bought at launch were Bioshock Infinite, ass4. I beat Infinite, but I keep forgetting I have ass4, I really should play it one day, i hear its pretty good.

Speaking of good, D3 owns again, as moker said. adventure mode is p cool. Lots of epic loots for to be had by all.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I do weigh what's a better use of my money, but that's only on value. Like I can blow 40 or 60 on a lovely game and all I suffer is like, "oh that's lovely" and then order a pizza because I can manage money and am not a literal poor.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I do weigh what's a better use of my money, but that's only on value. Like I can blow 40 or 60 on a lovely game and all I suffer is like, "oh that's lovely" and then order a pizza because I can manage money and am not a literal poor.

Well yeah, everyone weighs it. There's a reason I have no problem blowing $60 on ARMA 3 but won't buy the new CoD until I can get it under $30, its all about the value you give something.

Like how I didn't give a gently caress about my early 20s or browns, so I had no goddamed problem spending 6 years loving around at a job that made me wear my name on my shirt.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

saving up for a new car with a turbo atm so i cant spend money on random dumb poo poo :(

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

saving up for a new car with a turbo atm so i cant spend money on random dumb poo poo :(

Eagle Talon or cleanse the earth of your presence.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i dont like dsms sorry

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Sitting around today considering reinstalling New Vegas again. I'd kill for another one, honestly.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Sitting around today considering reinstalling New Vegas again. I'd kill for another one, honestly.

The most video game nerd I get is with the Fallout series. All those fake outs from the past 3-4 months were awful. It's been way too long since we've gotten a new game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I had an ok time with Fallout 3, but New Vegas is basically the fallout game I always wanted and played the poo poo out of it multiple times. I liked it way more than Oblivion/Skyrim, modded the hell out of it, and just had a spergtastic time playing it.

If they announced Fallout: New Vegas 2 I'd probably die of joy.

Also MGS: GZ is worth buying a PS4 for, I've got about 20 hours into it and I'm still trying to 100% it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
im still waiting for those dicklords to do a retail release of wasteland 2 so i can get my loving kickstarter key

loving steam early release horseshit

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I had an ok time with Fallout 3, but New Vegas is basically the fallout game I always wanted and played the poo poo out of it multiple times. I liked it way more than Oblivion/Skyrim, modded the hell out of it, and just had a spergtastic time playing it.

If they announced Fallout: New Vegas 2 I'd probably die of joy.

Also MGS: GZ is worth buying a PS4 for, I've got about 20 hours into it and I'm still trying to 100% it.

Obsidian should be the ones doing Fallout. They get what the series is better than anyone right now. But yea, Fallout is essentially American Southwest 1950's sci-fi mixed in with lunacy.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Obsidian should be the ones doing Fallout. They get what the series is better than anyone right now. But yea, Fallout is essentially American Southwest 1950's sci-fi mixed in with lunacy.

obsidian owes me a loving kickstarter game too those motherfuckers :argh:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

3 was ok, except that everything felt so drat cramped and linear. New vegas just was so much more open, exploring felt rad, and the lore was great to learn.
Plus the factions were way more fun, the DLC was cool to play... Ok, gently caress it, reinstalling.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Truly, Goat Simulator is the best game ever made.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

3 was ok, except that everything felt so drat cramped and linear. New vegas just was so much more open, exploring felt rad, and the lore was great to learn.
Plus the factions were way more fun, the DLC was cool to play... Ok, gently caress it, reinstalling.

Fallout New Vegas was great. The only downside about it's best DLC(Old World Blues) was the bulletsink enemies.
I will always love fallout 1/2/tactics for the jinxed trait. Melee enemies critically failing a attack and knocking themselves out never gets old.

Just beat Shadow Warrior 2013.....why did you have to die Hoji?.
Thinking about playing STALKER: Shadows over Chernobyl or Dark Messiah of Might & Magic next.
STALKER is singleplayer DayZ/RUST done right, and Dark Messiah has the assassination kills that Dishonored had + rear end in a top hat physics like kicking enemies off cliffs.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Truly, Goat Simulator is the best game ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvWGLcdI8o8

I wish I preordered it, I could be playing it now. :(

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

tuluk posted:

Fallout New Vegas was great. The only downside about it's best DLC(Old World Blues) was the bulletsink enemies.
I will always love fallout 1/2/tactics for the jinxed trait. Melee enemies critically failing a attack and knocking themselves out never gets old.

Just beat Shadow Warrior 2013.....why did you have to die Hoji?.
Thinking about playing STALKER: Shadows over Chernobyl or Dark Messiah of Might & Magic next.
STALKER is singleplayer DayZ/RUST done right, and Dark Messiah has the assassination kills that Dishonored had + rear end in a top hat physics like kicking enemies off cliffs.

You can't go wrong with either. However, you're post gave me a vision of the two combined, and now I'm seeing Russian troops comically slipping off of a Chernobyl reactor's icy roof.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Slim Pickens posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvWGLcdI8o8

I wish I preordered it, I could be playing it now. :(

You can preorder off the site and redeem the code on steam right now. It's already unlocked, you just can't order directly from the steam store.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

Got it now, this night's gonna own.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Haha holy poo poo I got the goat into orbit.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
same, I think the only achievement left is the super high score one. still worth 10 bux and goty

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

What about me? I don't like that I paid $30 for a game I beat in an hour. :mad:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
MGS5 is real good. I was trying to be stealthy and not-a-murderer but I'm terrible so I just ended up shooting bitches in the head and slittin throats all over the place. The finale was me planting c4 on an armored truck tank thing, then in the ensuing chaos I rocket launchered some anti-air emplacements after calling in a helicopter and sprinted to it under a hail of gunfire. poo poo was like a movie and it loving OWNED.

Cole posted:

What about me? I don't like that I paid $30 for a game I beat in an hour. :mad:

So play it again with the new objectives. If 30 bucks is too much for your poor divorced rear end to run around shooting dudes in the dick then maybe you need a better job.

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 29, 2014

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
just beat shadow warrior

game is pretty sick

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

When you offer the goat god some sacrifices and turn into supermegademongoat you're able to bug the game obviously by using your new special ability in combination with being a ragdoll by getting hit or something or simply pressing Q. So Ragdoll + Demon thingy + jumping results in:

Also, Michael Bay.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Demon goat + jet pack + baseball pitcher ended up with me clipping through the ground into green oblivion.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Demon goat + jet pack + baseball pitcher ended up with me clipping through the ground into green oblivion.

Afaik you can even get a achievement to bug through the world and fall from the very top of the map to the green oblivion of death under the ground. Still working on how to manage it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Took a few tries to land on this guy.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
7 Days to Die: yes or no?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Helldump Immunity. posted:

7 Days to Die: yes or no?

It kinda looks like a more polished zombie survival game, but I'm really burned out on that genre. You liked Rust and it seems to be a lot like it so you'd probably like it. It's also early access as well, something I'm being very wary of for the time being.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

7 Days to Die is like Rust with less poo poo to do. Rust also has uncircumcised dicks in it. 7 Days to Die is 100% penis free.

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

If anyone likes TBS 4X games, Age of Wonders III comes out tomorrow. I've had this playlist on another monitor while doing homework, but everything I've seen and heard looks really great.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhAjLeSwzp3hLPeLqY2p-R7Ubbauwhxpe

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

gleep gloop posted:

It kinda looks like a more polished zombie survival game, but I'm really burned out on that genre. You liked Rust and it seems to be a lot like it so you'd probably like it. It's also early access as well, something I'm being very wary of for the time being.

Yeah, I'll probably get bored of it p quick. The genre is starting to get a bit stale and I was looking for something different. Oh well.

Plus this:

Bolow posted:

7 Days to Die is 100% penis free.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Fart Sandwiches posted:

divorced rear end

he didn't even make it to "married rear end" b/c he showed his cards on being a nerdy rear end gaymer too early and the bitch flipped out and left so he's just a poor rear end

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

krispykremessuck posted:

he didn't even make it to "married rear end" b/c he showed his cards on being a nerdy rear end gaymer too early and the bitch flipped out and left so he's just a poor rear end

Woah. You had me down to a T until you said poor. I'm thrifty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
So BF4 seems p fun again for the next 5 minutes lol

• Locked thread