Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

In It For The Tank posted:

The Russian HBO has seemingly revealed the last titles of Season 4:

I like the symmetry of calling the last episode of this season "The Children" after S3E10 was "Mhysa".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Aw, shucks. I was really hoping that episode 10 would be titled "A Study On the Consistency and Color of Tywin Lannister's Bowel Movements."

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Why are they skipping the last week of May? :ohdear:

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

NihilCredo posted:

Why are they skipping the last week of May? :ohdear:
It's Memorial Day in the US. I think they've skipped it every season.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Except the first when their ratings cratered

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Oh, right. drat you imperialistic warmongering capitalist pig-dogs, you couldn't choose a day to remember your heroically fallen fathers and brothers that wouldn't get in the way of my weekly dose of tits and death? :arghfist: :qq:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

NihilCredo posted:

Oh, right. drat you imperialistic warmongering capitalist pig-dogs, you couldn't choose a day to remember your heroically fallen fathers and brothers that wouldn't get in the way of my weekly dose of tits and death? :arghfist: :qq:

This thread almost ate itself last year because that's when the Red Wedding episode would have occured.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Honor the dead soldiers or whatever by not broadcasting a GoT episode.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Americans go and have barbeques with their friends and family on Memorial Day and don't watch TV, so the ratings crater, and that's a very stupid thing to do with the 9th episode, sorry you don't have delicious barbeque to look forward to I guess?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I was gonna update the PDF Winds of Winter chapters from the first page but I'm having trouble tracking down the Barristan chapters. Are they available online anywhere?

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Ballz posted:

I was gonna update the PDF Winds of Winter chapters from the first page but I'm having trouble tracking down the Barristan chapters. Are they available online anywhere?

Not sure about the first one, but the second one was only read aloud at a convention. The text was never released to the public. Maybe a recording exists, but I don't think anyone dictated it word for word. You can probably find a summary.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 29, 2014

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

How many holidays glorifying state-sanctioned murder do y'all need? We've just got Rememberance Day up here, full of somber reflecting while shivering heartily around cenotaphs.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

How many holidays glorifying state-sanctioned murder do y'all need? We've just got Rememberance Day up here, full of somber reflecting while shivering heartily around cenotaphs.

Just two. Veterans Day and Memorial Day. One to honor the boys who made it home, and the other to honor the boys who didn't.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Ballz posted:

Barristan I was released in the ADWD paperback. Barristan II was only ever read at a convention and only a summary is available. Here's a fan reading of Barristan I. If you can track down a text version great, if not, you'll probably have to try transcribing this.

In case you're wondering, the nine chapters that have been released in some form are Theon I, Victarion I, Ser Barristan I, Tyrion I, Ser Barristan II, Tyrion II, Arianne I, Arianne II, and Mercy (Arya I). Tyrion I, Ser Barristan II, and Arianne II only exist in summaries.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

PootieTang posted:

Sam however, got a whole long awkward thing of him crying and begging Gilly(if I'm getting her name right) to stop as she rapes him. Isn't that also the scene with the infamous pink mast?

Sam never cried or begged, Gilly came on to him and he reciprocated, though he did keep thinking "I said the words" while they had sex. Afterward, he avoided her until he was explicitly told by the Summer islanders that if he didn't go back to Gilly and "comfort" her he would be thrown overboard.

He did cry when he admitted to Gilly that he wanted her more than anything, but his vows stood in the way.

The Russian HBO has seemingly revealed the last titles of Season 4:

I didn't realize it before, but Tyrion's going to have to spend almost half the season in jail.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 29, 2014

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
Sorry to ask something which might have been brought up already recently, but after this new chapter who on Arya's list is still alive?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Ser Meryn, Cersei, Ser Ilyn, Dunsen.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Wasn't the hound on the list at some point? Although I guess "the hound" died.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

jsoh posted:

Wasn't the hound on the list at some point? Although I guess "the hound" died.
Well, she did pretty much leave him for dead. He's dead as far as she knows and that's probably all that matters. Even if he does come back (although I personally am not convinced he will), I doubt it will matter much to her at that point. That matter is closed in her mind.

And that Arya chapter ruled. I need to go back in this thread, but I'm guessing pretty much everyone knew almost instantly who it was. But the buildup waiting for the reveal was masterful. Just masterful.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

UncleMonkey posted:

And that Arya chapter ruled. I need to go back in this thread, but I'm guessing pretty much everyone knew almost instantly who it was. But the buildup waiting for the reveal was masterful. Just masterful.

She actually took him off the list before she left him for dead (she's going over her list and realizes she'd removed him). I wonder how many more she'll claim, I'm guessing Cersei is spoken for.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Scapegoat posted:

She actually took him off the list before she left him for dead (she's going over her list and realizes she'd removed him). I wonder how many more she'll claim, I'm guessing Cersei is spoken for.

Given how she's killed someone very indirectly already with the poison coin, I wouldn't be surprised if she poisoned Jaime's dick or something and got him to fulfill the Vaolonqar prophesy that way.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
hell yeah shes going to poison jaimes dick.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

From hell's prick, I spit (cum) at thee!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Barristan I was released in the ADWD paperback. Barristan II was only ever read at a convention and only a summary is available. Here's a fan reading of Barristan I. If you can track down a text version great, if not, you'll probably have to try transcribing this.

In case you're wondering, the nine chapters that have been released in some form are Theon I, Victarion I, Ser Barristan I, Tyrion I, Ser Barristan II, Tyrion II, Arianne I, Arianne II, and Mercy (Arya I). Tyrion I, Ser Barristan II, and Arianne II only exist in summaries.

For some reason I thought Barristan II was released with the European paperback edition of Dance, while the U.S. edition got Barristan I.

I very well might transcribe that reading of Barristan I, thanks for the link.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
You could poison pretty much any dick in KL and Cersei would die.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Even MoonBoy's for all we know!

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I'm rewatching GoT in anticipation of Season 4.

I always wondered, why does Lysa say Bronn not fight with honour during Tyrion's trial?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

jerichojx posted:

I'm rewatching GoT in anticipation of Season 4.

I always wondered, why does Lysa say Bronn not fight with honour during Tyrion's trial?

Because he doesn't stand in front of the dude trading blow for blow with his sword and shield.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
He didn't stand face to face with her champion and trade blows until one died, I would think. Bronn sort've weaseled around the room tiring the other guy out before dispatching of him easily. Definitely smart but not honourable

edit - beaten but yeah, that was one of my favorite lines in the whole series. "You don't fight with honor!" "No- he did"

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I didn't realise that it was dishonourable considering what they were doing to Tyrion wasn't exactly legal or honourable either.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

colonel_korn posted:

I like the symmetry of calling the last episode of this season "The Children" after S3E10 was "Mhysa".

Yeah, I like that too. Also, it has a double meaning -- the children of the forest could be introduced, but that is also probably going to be the episode where Drogon eats a kid or something.

Brock Samson posted:

Even MoonBoy's for all we know!
This made me laugh so hard even though it was such an obvious joke to make. Kudos.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Mar 29, 2014

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
It'll possibly also deal with the Stark children's situations: Bran reaches his destination, Arya might get to Braavos, Sansa has a pleasant conversation with her aunt, and maybe they'll figure something out for Rickon unless they want to completely stash him under the table like the books did. They might also pull up Jon's election, conceivably, since the battle is in the preceding episode.

(If there's space, they might even broaden the scope and come up with some little moment for Tommen and perhaps dip into Myrcella's situation, since they're likely to move a bit faster than the books - but that's pretty dubious, I think. There's only so much room in one episode, after all.)

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 29, 2014

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

It'll possibly also deal with the Stark children's situations: Bran reaches his destination, Arya might get to Braavos, Sansa has a pleasant conversation with her aunt, and maybe they'll figure something out for Rickon unless they want to completely stash him under the table like the books did. They might also pull up Jon's election, conceivably, since the battle is in the preceding episode.

(If there's space, they might even broaden the scope and come up with some little moment for Tommen and perhaps dip into Myrcella's situation, since they're likely to move a bit faster than the books - but that's pretty dubious, I think. There's only so much room in one episode, after all.)

There's so much that has to happen in that final episode.

I assume Episode 7 is when Littlefinger gets married.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Wouldn't mind if they stashed Rickon for a couple seasons and recast Rickon Walnutsbane with Jason Momoa.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

jerichojx posted:

I didn't realise that it was dishonourable considering what they were doing to Tyrion wasn't exactly legal or honourable either.

Aristocrats are a curious bunch.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

UncleMonkey posted:

Even if he does come back (although I personally am not convinced he will)

I agree with that. I'm sure the whole gravedigger theory is true, but that doesn't have to mean the character will come back at all. It's more like a little nugget of gold for the people who spotted it, to know that he was given a second chance and his story is concluded in a peaceful way. It doesn't have to mean he'll be dragged back into the main plot.

He's happy now drat it. :(

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

I agree with that. I'm sure the whole gravedigger theory is true, but that doesn't have to mean the character will come back at all. It's more like a little nugget of gold for the people who spotted it, to know that he was given a second chance and his story is concluded in a peaceful way. It doesn't have to mean he'll be dragged back into the main plot.

He's happy now drat it. :(

Yeah, I think Sandor-gravedigger is proven via text so solidly that it doesn't qualify as a theory anymore. The only theory for him going forward is champion of the faith, and as much as I'd like to see Gregor v. Gregor, I also just want to think he joins Hot Pie in the small group of characters who live out the rest of their lives in happy, semi-peaceful anonymity.

Even if it makes for some sweet symmetry, him coming back to fight Gregor would (to me) seemingly defeat the entire point of him coming to peace with himself, because surely his rift with his brother is a big part--almost all--of his baggage. If he's done with it, let him be done with it!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
In a way slaying the unholy undead monster his brother was transformed into can actually be seen as an act of kindness and forgiveness towards Gregor rather than the fulfillment of Sandor's quest for revenge.

Though if I recall correctly Sandor limps pretty heavily when we saw him on the quiet isle and I doubt he can actually fight his undead brother, I wouldn't be too disappointed if he truly concluded his part of the story. It's a decent ending to his arc.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
My only problem with it is I think Sandor is too damaged to believably be at peace after one conversation with a kindly religious man. It's not impossible he could overcome it, but I think it'd be a long road trying to silence his demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Beeez posted:

My only problem with it is I think Sandor is too damaged to believably be at peace after one conversation with a kindly religious man. It's not impossible he could overcome it, but I think it'd be a long road trying to silence his demons.

A deathbed recovery style conversation. At the point at which Brienne 'finds' him he's probably been there some time.

• Locked thread