Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The frustrating thing about FCO is that in general the guys all look pretty decent. They actually look more distinguished, and quite a few look pretty weather-worn and age appropriate (I think Boone and Caesar look great)

The women... though, it's like they're all supermodels and it's very, very distracting. Trudy being the most obvious culprit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Sunny Smiles is :stonk:

but I agree, FCO Boone really looks like a guy who's seen some poo poo.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Someone should just go ahead and make a good face mod :colbert:

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

RONALD REAGAN posted:

Make sure that you're using the absolute newest version of FOOK (1.13), since it was updated two days ago. That update included new textures/meshes (I think from WRP) for a bunch of weapons, including the 9mm SMG, which the convergence mod needs. Older versions don't have those textures.

Also, FOOK-PN Convergence.esp is in the wrong place, according to the readme. It should come right after Project Nevada - All DLC.esp. That won't cause the problem with the weapons, but it will probably screw up a few other things.

:worship: Thanks for the info! I'll download it right now. Should I just replace the esp/esms and the meshes/textures with the new FOOK or will that dig me even deeper?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The "optional files" haven't changed at all. The required files... what I did was install FOOK 1.3 with NMM, and any files where it was updating from 1.2 I said "Yes" to, and files that were altered by other mods (such as WMX/WME) I said no to.

Nothing's broken so far.

Also this is amazing for Fook-PN-Convergence

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50547/

The Holorifle looks pretty... lackluster when compared to some of the cooler stuff it adds. This brings it up to the standard it should be, being an awesome piece of old world tech.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 25, 2014

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Nobody Interesting posted:

Someone should just go ahead and make a good face mod :colbert:

based on my extremely limited experience digging around in editing FNV, the way the Bethesda FO3/NV engine handles face files is really loving annoying to deal with. Skyrim makes some changes that make it worlds better to work in/with, which is nice, but not helpful for FNV. like, in every way, it's just annoying: Face tinting for various skin colors, neckseam problems, mesh problems, texture problems, you name it: it's hard to work with. It's doubly hard when you have to try and bash multiple modders' worth of mods together. I think the only way any facemod could ever work seamlessly (the double entendres, ho ho) is for a single modder to build everything by themselves from the ground up. That would probably include the full body and head models, meshes, textures, clothes probably, you name it. That's, uh, not likely.

FCO is a technical accomplishment in pushing a frustrating system pretty far, but I totally understand if it's not everyone's cup of tea. It is, though, likely to be the best face mod you'll get in the game so...deal with it :colbert:

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 25, 2014

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

omeg posted:

Where can I get DarnUI? Beth forums give me 403.

Anyone? The link in the OP is still 403.

Edit: tried from my shell account and it works... Did they ban my IP or something? Huh.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

Psion posted:

Sunny Smiles is :stonk:

Yeah, that was the one that got me. I did a completely fresh install and mod build last night, and before it was devoured by instability I got to see Sunny Smiles. And now I can't unsee her. Her FCO'd improbably mannish face talking at me, with an AK slung across her back that was somehow mistextured with a Nuka Cola advertisement. gently caress mod managers man, I roll Morrowind style.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
The 9mm SMG and everything else is now un-hosed! :woop: Should it be safe to install WRP?

Macinirol
Sep 27, 2011

Kumaton posted:

The 9mm SMG and everything else is now un-hosed! :woop: Should it be safe to install WRP?

You don't need to; FOOK already includes WRP. See here: http://millenia3d.net/install.html

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

RONALD REAGAN posted:

You don't need to; FOOK already includes WRP. See here: http://millenia3d.net/install.html

Not in my game, apparently. Well, the 12.7mm Pistol's slide-thingie is the WRP version but everything else is still vanilla.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Ddraig posted:

The frustrating thing about FCO is that in general the guys all look pretty decent. They actually look more distinguished, and quite a few look pretty weather-worn and age appropriate (I think Boone and Caesar look great)

The women... though, it's like they're all supermodels and it's very, very distracting. Trudy being the most obvious culprit.

I seem to remember Vulpes looking super weird as well.

Vulpes always gets shafted :(

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Poor guy gets wasted like 99/100 times in Nipton.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Which is a shame because there could've been so much more done with him rather than ~*scaaaaaary dude*~.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

Vulpes looks very, very close to the original model if you use the optional plugin with the faces done by the other dude (OnHolyServiceBound, I think is his username?). Otherwise, for some reason the FCO dude decided to base his new appearance on the collector's edition card and.. it doesn't look all that good.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Thats basically Legion.jpg

Theres so much interesting potential that never gets used at all in the game, so we only ever see the literal worst of them. Its very lovely, especially because John Doman voiced Caesar. I love me some philsophical Bill Rawls.

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:

Ddraig posted:

Supermodels? Try realdolls.

Also Boone is supposed to be only 26 years old so his model hardly looks age appropriate :goonsay:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Have we got some screenshots of particularly bad FCO faces? I'm slightly tempted to install it again to check out how you can possibly make a guy who wear's a wolf pelt and sunglasses look more ridiculous than he already does.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Capn Beeb posted:

FCO makes Vulpes look more like his collector's edition playing card.

The armor is from CNR so it looks kinda goofy:

Also, Boone may be 26, but years of accumulated stress, hard living and generally feeling poo poo and terrible about yourself can make you look way beyond your years. FCO's Boone actually looks like he's seen some rough poo poo.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Don't forget a Nuclear War happened. I doubt cosmetic upkeep and hygiene are the top of everyones lists much now.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Did that big mod compilation a goon was making finish? I'm interested in something like that because everytime i try to install a bunch of content mods manually its a huge mess and usually starts crashing 10 hours in.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
he looks completely unsubtle and totally like a terrible spy.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SpookyLizard posted:

If you're talking about Vulpes, frumentarii aren't just spies, they also do things to demoralize the enemy like raze Nipton and crucify people along the main drag. The wolf outfit not only adds to the crazy/scary factor, it also overwhelms the identity and appearance of the agent, making them less recognizable in civilian garb.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Clever Spambot posted:

Did that big mod compilation a goon was making finish? I'm interested in something like that because everytime i try to install a bunch of content mods manually its a huge mess and usually starts crashing 10 hours in.

Still working on it, I'm afraid. Virtually every mod I've included has undergone a major update so that's a bit of a pain in the rear end :v:

Right now running in Dead Money to see what, if anything, is broken. Managed to get the craftable bear traps to work, at least. Even with JIP's Companion Control which is nice.

^^

Yeah, they're not just spies. They're basically the terrorists of the Legion. It's their job to demoralize, strike fear and generally gently caress with the morale and composure of the enemy. When they burned Nipton to the ground, it was a clear sign that the legion were there, hence all the drama.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 26, 2014

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

If you're talking about Vulpes, frumentarii aren't just spies, they also do things to demoralize the enemy like raze Nipton and crucify people along the main drag. The wolf outfit not only adds to the crazy/scary factor, it also overwhelms the identity and appearance of the agent, making them less recognizable in civilian garb.

Just look at his face. Just the face, forget the crazy bear hat. His face is pretty recognizable and stands out, so even if no one would recognize him from razing small towns, you might easily recognize him if he had done some spy poo poo. Vulpes as he is now is outstandingly generic, and he could've been pretending to the be the Courier yesterday who delivered the bomb he's investigating today.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

SpookyLizard posted:

He's not in Nipton as a spy. When you actually see him doing a spy's job he looks appropriately mundane.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

SpookyLizard posted:

Just look at his face. Just the face, forget the crazy bear hat. His face is pretty recognizable and stands out, so even if no one would recognize him from razing small towns, you might easily recognize him if he had done some spy poo poo. Vulpes as he is now is outstandingly generic, and he could've been pretending to the be the Courier yesterday who delivered the bomb he's investigating today.

Just a reminder that there have been several real world spies who have not only held positions of extreme public scrutiny, but have actively put themselves out there as part of their shtick. Mata Hari was a stripper, for christ's sake. She was also one of the more effective spies out there.

Truth be told, if Vulpes in the strip wasn't identified as Vulpes and didn't actively seek you out, you'd be hard pressed to find many people who would be able to recognize him as the guy from Nipton, even with a "distinctive" face.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
jesus gently caress people i'm not talking about vulpes the guy in the doghat/bear suit, i mean his fco face with the white hair and poo poo looking really obvious and distracting as opposed to his 'i'm oh so generic' vanilla face

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
You're drastically overstating the ability of people to recognize faces. Just think of all the people you've encountered today. How many of them would you say you would be instantly able to recognize again? How many of them did you even bother to even give a passing glance?

Even having seeing Vulpes in Nipton, doing what he's doing, chances are very good people wouldn't be able to recognize his face again, particularly in a completely different context.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
If it helps, I remember Vulpes from Nipton but I didn't know he came back later in the game. Literally from the context clues in this thread, I assume he's the guy in the suit that talks to you on the strip? I'm very bad with names so I only made this connection right now.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

turbomoose posted:

If it helps, I remember Vulpes from Nipton but I didn't know he came back later in the game. Literally from the context clues in this thread, I assume he's the guy in the suit that talks to you on the strip? I'm very bad with names so I only made this connection right now.

Unless you kill him at Nipton, yes, he is. If you kill him at Nipton, like say he accidentally trips over a pile of live grenades (how did that happen?) he's replaced by a guy named Alerio on the strip.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Psion posted:

Unless you kill him at Nipton, yes, he is. If you kill him at Nipton, like say he accidentally trips over a pile of live grenades (how did that happen?) he's replaced by a guy named Alerio on the strip.

Ah okay well that makes more sense since I did kill him. So nevermind then.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
If you bypass Nipton and go there after meeting him on the strip, there's a whole set of dialog to reference this.

Stanman
Sep 3, 2007
My name is heavy weapons guy

Ddraig posted:

FOOK-PN-Convergence is just so drat fun.

Would you mind posting how your mod order looks? If you have a million mods, could you maybe list the order you have your FOOK-PN-CONVERGENCE esms and esp's setup? I need a jump-start on the load order because for the life of me I just can't seem to get it right without crashing horribly. This would really be handy for me.

Macinirol
Sep 27, 2011

Stanman posted:

Would you mind posting how your mod order looks? If you have a million mods, could you maybe list the order you have your FOOK-PN-CONVERGENCE esms and esp's setup? I need a jump-start on the load order because for the life of me I just can't seem to get it right without crashing horribly. This would really be handy for me.

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] FOOK - New Vegas.esm
[X] FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] FOOK - New Vegas.esp
[X] FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
[X] Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
[X] FOOK-PN Convergence.esp

That's the basic load order, if you want to install the expanded version with WMX/WME/EVE/AWOP then it's a little more complicated.

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] FOOK - New Vegas.esm
[X] FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
[X] WME - GRA.esm
[X] WME - DLCs.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] FOOK - New Vegas.esp
[X] FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
[X] Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
[X] FOOK-PN Convergence.esp
[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp
[X] WMX-DLCMerged.esp
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
[X] Project Nevada - WME.esp
[X] EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
[X] FOOK-PN-WME-WMX-EVE Convergence.esp
[X] FOOK-PN-AWOP Weapon Convergence.esp

If you don't want AWOP then just omit its plugins. You might want to check the readme, also.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The music from the radio stations just randomly stopped working in my TTW playthrough. Weird.

Not game breaking for me, but it's always nice to listen to GNR.

I'm also having to be an evil rear end in a top hat to even stay at neutral karma. Sold the Grayditch kid into slavery, a current slave selling ring, pushed the old man off the top of Rivet City, and killing anyone I find on the wastes I can get away with.

All because each and every feral ghoul and fiend I kill gives positive karma.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
So As I'm actually working on ARMS now (Hopefully v1.0 will be out sometime next week), I'd like to ask the thread for a bit of totally unnecessary help. If one of you guys wanted to make some little models/textures for any and all new calibers, that'd be tit's awesome. In the interim I'm just going to use the .308/40mm ammo can things. Some sort of little object for hull plastic and brass would be great too, but I'll probably use the little box thing that game uses for primer boxes and poo poo.

The list, as it stands is:

7.62z39mm
7.62x54mm, r
5.45x39mm
9x39mm
9x18mm
.30-06
Hull Plastic
Brass

If someone or some people were to come up with some little ammo box type things for this, that would be fan-loving-tastic. Of course you'd get full credit in the mod for your work, and I'd be happy to throw an avatar upgrade or platinum or the like at you by way of thanks.

E: Pipboy images as well would own.

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 29, 2014

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Well the art assets (such as they are) in Ammo Crafting Schematics are free to use in FNV mods, so go nuts if there's something useful in there.

From memory that might only be icons though. I think I ended up doing basically what you were thinking there with the models for hull plastic and brass. It's very very rare to see them just sitting on the ground, anyway (at least in ACS). You usually just see them in inventory menus.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Floppychop posted:

The music from the radio stations just randomly stopped working in my TTW playthrough. Weird.

Not game breaking for me, but it's always nice to listen to GNR.

I've realized I've got a similar issue to this in my current game. The music just... isn't happening. We're talking both ambient and Pip-Boy radio, there's nothing. Occasionally the ambient music will try to play a track or something, and I'll just get this constant incessant clicking sound for a couple minutes, but no music actually happens. The in-world radios play just fine, though.

I'm trying to find an explanation online, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Some people are having issues with 5.1 surround that cause the same issue, but I'm using headphones, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Floppychop posted:

All because each and every feral ghoul and fiend I kill gives positive karma.

Sounds like you want Colour Me Evil.