Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Legend of the Seeker is greatly missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

bobkatt013 posted:

Michael Socha already has a connection so if any will be joining it will be him.

Yeah, he'd be the only one to make sense. I'm assuming Alice and Cyrus are going to get their happily ever after, they'd want to stay in Wonderland or go back to where Alice is from.

I'm sad it's cancelled. It had a good story and all the actors were excellent. The only thing I hated about it was the setting. It was either generic evergreen forest with a few mushrooms put in or horrible green screen. But they only had so much budget, the acting and story were enough to make me look past it most the time.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

So is he really dead?

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Did the actor get a new job or something? Talk about emotionally unsatisfying... that was a shark jumping moment for me. WTF.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh why couldn't have Hook died instead at least I could stand Neal as a Heterosexual Love Interest for Emma but Hook is just terrible.

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
The showrunners hinted a few months ago that one of the series major characters will permanently die in these last few episodes of season 3, so it looks like the wheel landed on Neal. Can't rule out someone bringing him back though, after all Rumpelstiltskin has returned.

Bit of a slow episode, and its still really unclear what the Wicked Witch wants, I really hope she isn't suffering from I-NEED-A-BABY syndrome. The resurrection of Gold seemed a bit hurried, could have dropped a few other things to buff that out a bit.

I like what a master of disguise the wicked witch is. "I think i'll wear a pointy hat and a giant green emerald, no one will suspect!" Fortunately the only person she seems to interact with is dumber than a bag of rocks, Snow White.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I really liked this episode, and Rumple and the flashbacks and the Regina/Hood stuff and the Wicked Witch is great. But that Neil death scene holy moly was that bad. It wasn't even the whole thing I found bad, cause Rumple and Emma were fine. But the guy who plays Neil did an awful job in that scene and basically took away any emotional impact the scene had, like a deflating balloon. Good lord that was some bad acting

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

I thought Rumple's kiss would have brought him back with the magic of true love, but maybe that only works when they're mostly dead.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?
They've built up the whole "true love can fix anything" mantra, and had explicitly said in this episode that Emma's necklace had survived the trip because it was a sign of true love, and yet not once did she even try to kiss him to save him! What the hell, consistency!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

fork bomb posted:

I thought Rumple's kiss would have brought him back with true love, but maybe that only works when they're mostly dead.

The Wonderland spinoff reaffirmed that the "rules of magic" prevent raising the dead. Though I don't know a) how much the main show cares about Wonderland's continuity and b) if the show itself has contradicted that rule already (outside of obvious magical siutations like Rumple).

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
At least Michael Raymond-James can get a job on a better show.

...Terriers kickstarter anyone?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ShakeZula posted:

The Wonderland spinoff reaffirmed that the "rules of magic" prevent raising the dead. Though I don't know a) how much the main show cares about Wonderland's continuity and b) if the show itself has contradicted that rule already (outside of obvious magical siutations like Rumple).
drat, I already forgot how Rumple "died" at the end of the midseason (did he stab himself or something?), so I'm guessing it doesn't count as a proper death or someone has to take his place as the Dark One for it the truly count, so I'm guessing he was just more in limbo than anything.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

KasioDiscoRock posted:

They've built up the whole "true love can fix anything" mantra, and had explicitly said in this episode that Emma's necklace had survived the trip because it was a sign of true love, and yet not once did she even try to kiss him to save him! What the hell, consistency!

Yeah, I thought that was bunk as well.

However, there was that shot of the Zelena walking away from Neil's body (that Emma just left lying in the forest, what the hell), and it looked like there was a tear in the corner of his eye???

Edit: even if he was still alive somehow it still doesn't explain why true loves kiss from Rumple didn't heal him, or why Emma didn't get a party together to collect the body.

fork bomb fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 31, 2014

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Probably because Rumple was under control of the dagger she had so they had to GTFO and because there are more important things than a funeral when the Wicked Witch is probably coming to gently caress poo poo up/steal your fetus with her Dark One pet.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

There's a whole town full of people who could have come for Neil's body. At least Grumpy got a mention in this episode. :colbert:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Chamberk posted:

At least Michael Raymond-James can get a job on a better show.

...Terriers kickstarter anyone?

I would throw an obscene amount of money at a Terriers kickstarter.

I'm glad that Rumple is back and pissed off but I wish they would have gotten rid of Hook instead.

It will be interesting to see what Regina does now that she knows Hood is her true love. I'm sure she'll gently caress it up but it'll be cool to see how.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 31, 2014

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I like Hook better. Neal just never looked enthusiastic. Like he never got enough sleep or something. That being said the pirate needs some new clothes. He's always wearing the same outfit.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

nelson posted:

I like Hook better. Neal just never looked enthusiastic. Like he never got enough sleep or something. That being said the pirate needs some new clothes. He's always wearing the same outfit.

I don't know. The same outfit look works pretty well for some people.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

johntfs posted:

I don't know. The same outfit look works pretty well for some people.

I'm still shocked by how good that show is. It's every bit as absurd as Once Upon a Time, yet somehow doesn't embarrass me.

I'm kind of glad Neil is dead. That character became very dull, very rapidly. And he served a lot of the same functions as the vastly more interesting August, which just made it disappointing from the start when his character entered the mix. Now, my only gripe is the continued relevance of Snow and Charming. They served a very specific purpose in earlier seasons, as a superlatively optimistic presence that contrasted with the general cynicism of characters like Emma or Regina. But at this point, "belief" and "optimism" just aren't important factors to the plot, since everyone believes in once-unknowable forces, and even Emma isn't particularly cynical. Now, I just can't be moved to give a poo poo about either of them.

The villains are now the heroes, and they're the only ones with character arcs still - Rumple, Regina, and to a lesser extent, Hook. It'd probably be in the show's best interest to shed or shelve characters like Snow and Charming and focus on the plots that matter.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Hook's outfit looks unfit for the winter weather Storybrooke.

I hope we avoid any more drama with Regina's love life and just have it be an immediate success. There's already a convoluted love story with Emma/Hook/Neal/flying monkey. The flirting in the cabin came on really strong and I wanted her to just lock lips with Robin Hood once she saw the tattoo.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think the creators just killed Neal because fangirls think Hook is hotter... Also, one of the laziest ways to end a love triangle is to kill one of the players off. I was actually leaning towards Hook/Emma but the terrible resolution of the triangle has really soured me on that couple.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I agree about the lazy way to solve a love triangle. Hook should have won her heart in fair competition, not by default.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am not a fan of Hook, but atleast he has a personality, unlike Neal. So if someone had to die, i was glad it was him.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Realistically Neal's just out for the rest of the season. Good. Not enough time for minor characters as-is, maybe bumping him from the lineup gives other lines some breathing room.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ashez2ashes posted:

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think the creators just killed Neal because

Except like other characters that left the show, it's because the actor has moved on to a movie career. I doubt they would have done anything to him if not for that. Same reason they wrote out other previously-central and then dropped characters; they seem to have a very "Drop in, drop out" attitude towards the extended cast which is fine, there's no way they could retain EVERYONE under contract for years.

At least they try to give these people who have to leave an exit rather than off-screen wiping them out. That's lovely and it's been done.. a lot.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm interested in see how they incorporate the Knave into the cast since they already have a roguish punching bag in Hook.

Blazing Ownager posted:

At least they try to give these people who have to leave an exit rather than off-screen wiping them out. That's lovely and it's been done.. a lot.

Pinocchio was given a decent exit, and I think the Mad Hatter just kind of wandered off without being killed (unless he was Jiminy's corpse??).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Irish Joe posted:

I'm interested in see how they incorporate the Knave into the cast since they already have a roguish punching bag in Hook.

Pinocchio was given a decent exit, and I think the Mad Hatter just kind of wandered off without being killed (unless he was Jiminy's corpse??).

Mad Hatter wandered off to the Marvel Universe.

I just hope that the knave does not loose his job the same way as his sister.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

bobkatt013 posted:

Mad Hatter wandered off to the Marvel Universe.

Which is for the best. Sebastian Stan was entirely too good for this show; let's be honest. After his role on Kings, I've been waiting to see that guy blow the gently caress up in some way. So, I'm glad that's kind of happening.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Xealot posted:

Which is for the best. Sebastian Stan was entirely too good for this show; let's be honest. After his role on Kings, I've been waiting to see that guy blow the gently caress up in some way. So, I'm glad that's kind of happening.

Kings was too good for this this world. :(

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I didn't even realize that he played the
Mad hatter, Kings was so good.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
That was a pretty good way to end things. I'd still be more than okay if Michael Socha and Sophie Rowe came to visit the mother show at some point.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

johntfs posted:

That was a pretty good way to end things. I'd still be more than okay if Michael Socha and Sophie Rowe came to visit the mother show at some point.
Yes it was. Glad it ended, I really couldn't see it dragging on, as much fun as it was.

Also look a few posts up.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I think 'true loves kiss' can only break spells and such, it can't stop death. I was surprised at the Neal/Rumple same body twist. I wish they had played that out for a bit longer. I am excited to see Rumple go ape poo poo on the Wicked Witch. I also did enjoy the Neal/Hook hug. Even though they were antagonistic toward each other and both had a thing for Emma, I like that Hook acknowledged their previous relationship when Neal was a boy.

Wonderland had a nice ending. I'm sad to see it go but at least there is closure. I really hope they bring Anna and the Knave over but the cast is already so bloated. I agree that Snow and Charming are the least enjoyable parts of the main cast but I doubt they're ever going anywhere.

nelson posted:

That being said the pirate needs some new clothes.

You shut your mouth. :colbert:

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

KilGrey posted:

I think 'true loves kiss' can only break spells and such, it can't stop death. I was surprised at the Neal/Rumple same body twist. I wish they had played that out for a bit longer. I am excited to see Rumple go ape poo poo on the Wicked Witch.

I think Crazy Rumple would have been fun. He's so enjoyable to watch when he's over the top.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I really liked the finale of Wonderland. All in all, it makes a nice mini-series, I guess. I liked the cameo from Whoopi Goldberg as a VA.

I know bringing they're the knave to OUAT Vanilla as long as it gets renewed, but I hope Anastasia also comes.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Did we talk about this yet http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/543046/20140313/once-upon-time-spoilers-creators-feature-frozen.htm#.U0C3uaIvlnE

I love Frozen and this would seriously own, plus my curiosity about how they're gonna screw up the lives of more Disney princesses. Also if they do the Frozen princesses during the Wicked Witch's time they better have a cameo by the wickedly talented Adele Dazeem.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Elsa ends up with Mulan, it writes itself really.

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

Tupping Liberty posted:

I really liked the finale of Wonderland. All in all, it makes a nice mini-series, I guess. I liked the cameo from Whoopi Goldberg as a VA.

I liked the entire series, cheesy CGI included, but wasn't thrilled with the ending. Thought the final Jaffer machinations should have been a little more complicated and involved, and it was literally deus ex machina that did him in. He was a great villain until that last episode, where he just did a series of really dumb and un-Jaffer like things.

I'm also a bit disappointed they never brought in his sidekick, Iago. the 12 year old me who watched Aladdin a million times would have loved a talking parrot or monkey or something.

Still, it was refreshing having a series have a beginning and end in a single season, I am really glad they stuck to that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kraps posted:

Did we talk about this yet http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/543046/20140313/once-upon-time-spoilers-creators-feature-frozen.htm#.U0C3uaIvlnE

I love Frozen and this would seriously own, plus my curiosity about how they're gonna screw up the lives of more Disney princesses. Also if they do the Frozen princesses during the Wicked Witch's time they better have a cameo by the wickedly talented Adele Dazeem.

Oh gently caress yes. Something I've always loved about Once is the fairy tales are mostly inspired by the Disney versions. So I'm all about this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

I really liked the one season / one story format of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. I'd welcome another storyline with new characters and a new fairytale place in the same format.

• Locked thread