Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW

PrinceRandom posted:

Lost in the Rifftrax Live discussion, Terror at Tenkiller! Probably the least suspenseful thriller ever where the killer is known within like 15 minutes. Also annoying continuous high-hat playing.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Terror at Tenkiller is amazing because it proves that Oklahoma looked exactly the same in 1986 as it did when I lived there a decade later.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Gotta admit intentionally bad made for cable fare like Sharknado doesn't really ring my bell either. I'm far more interested when good intentions go awry and something magnificently awful results like The Room--or Foodfight!, which would make for an awesome riff (if perhaps not a theatrical event): http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/11/movies/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-computer-animated-foodfight.html

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They won't do The Room live because of all the nudity. They barely got by with Starship Troopers but that was only because those scenes were kind of short.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Yeah I wasn't suggesting that for a live event, just the ultimate example of good intentions gone wrong

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Oh god, I just looked at Sharknado 2's cast and they seem to be deliberately feeding the sharks some of the most despised "celebrities" possible for the sake of ratings.

Among the highlights are:
Kelly Osbourne. Perez Hilton. Kurt Angle. ANDY DICK. (Ok, if he gets eaten by a shark, I'll loving watch it.) Billy Ray Cyrus.

I think Asylum's cracked the loving code: Hire the most hated actors/celebs you can, have them all killed in incredibly messy fashions, PROFIT.

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

They won't do The Room live because of all the nudity. They barely got by with Starship Troopers but that was only because those scenes were kind of short.

In Starship Troopers did they not have those scenes skipped in the Theater with Gorilla's running around? That's what I thought. But I could be remembering that live event wrong.

To add to those that are not too keen on the Sharknado. I read rereedrumr's snippet about it. Then I just got done watching Transformers 2 last night, again, for the millionth time. And for real that movie is full of bad acting, stupid puns, yet actiony packed. Everything out of the character's mouths is schlocky and dumb. It just had a higher budget than Sharknado did. I know the guys will do great at it. Because they don't just point out how bad the movies are (Transformers AND Sharknado) they make other observations and comments that are outside of that and also quite hilarious.

So yeah I'm freaking excited. =)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

tagelthebagel posted:

In Starship Troopers did they not have those scenes skipped in the Theater with Gorilla's running around? That's what I thought. But I could be remembering that live event wrong.

Yeah, Bill or Kevin called in a timely Gorillagram during both scenes. However, the cameraman cut back to the screen a bit too early once.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

gently caress Your Website posted:

Gotta admit intentionally bad made for cable fare like Sharknado doesn't really ring my bell either. I'm far more interested when good intentions go awry and something magnificently awful results like The Room--or Foodfight!, which would make for an awesome riff (if perhaps not a theatrical event): http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/11/movies/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-computer-animated-foodfight.html
Let's be honest here. Every bad movie podcast, site, and service needs to do Foodfight. It's so bad it's on a whole new level.

The 24 hour stream still exists if you haven't inflicted it on yourself yet.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Neo Rasa posted:

Is it normal for a single specific gag in one Rifftrax to make you literally almost have a heart attack with laughter any time you see/hear/think about it?

OK add the whole "HAAH!" diner sequence from Terror at Tenkiller.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Let's be honest here. Every bad movie podcast, site, and service needs to do Foodfight. It's so bad it's on a whole new level.

The 24 hour stream still exists if you haven't inflicted it on yourself yet.

It's also on Amazon Instant Video for free if you have Prime.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Mister Kingdom posted:

It looks like Mike and the boys are branching out. Total Riff Off coming to NatGeo on April 1st.

Huge slam on anteaters out of nowhere!

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
I think " cyborg cop II " is under-represented in this thread. Not only its a great riff, the movie itself is unironically enjoyable piece of action b-movie cheese ( if a bit lacking in actual on screen cyber cops ) .

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

admataY posted:

I think " cyborg cop II " is under-represented in this thread. Not only its a great riff, the movie itself is unironically enjoyable piece of action b-movie cheese ( if a bit lacking in actual on screen cyber cops ) .

Also it was filmed in South Africa, any yet it supposedly takes place in Des Moines of all places, with its rampant cocaine slave problems.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I just got Firehead and dear God this movie has the worst gun safety I've ever seen in a movie, worse than Plan 9. It's almost kept me distracted from the great acting.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 29, 2014

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
You know, after the Arrested Development MST jokes from last year, and recently having seen large segments of it....I wonder if the Corman Fantastic Four should be riffed. I mean, it's right up there with some of the worst films ever made.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

muscles like this? posted:

So according to Mike's Tumblr the Super Mario Bros Movie was literally the worst time he's ever had with a riff.

I'm not surprised. That movie is the epitome of the unfunny kind of "they just didn't care", and unfortunately, that can become infectious. It is perhaps the worst adapted movie of the 90's. I understand why they waited so long to riff that movie.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I hope no one missed Terror at Tenkiller between Super Mario Bros. and the Sharknado news because it's one of those classic "barely a movie" movies they do so well.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

bobservo posted:

I hope no one missed Terror at Tenkiller between Super Mario Bros. and the Sharknado news because it's one of those classic "barely a movie" movies they do so well.

What are you talking about? There was that enthralling story about how elderly fisherman would sexually harass presumably underage girls! And all those cafes dining scenes!

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 31, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That man was a preacher by the way, a man of god!

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
And his forearm had no bones.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Kojiro posted:

And his forearm had no bones.

But he had the heart of a poet.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
The Super Mario rifftrax is really loving funny. "My favorite mario party minigame: delousing the genitals!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Oh god, I just looked at Sharknado 2's cast and they seem to be deliberately feeding the sharks some of the most despised "celebrities" possible for the sake of ratings.

Among the highlights are:
Kelly Osbourne. Perez Hilton. Kurt Angle. ANDY DICK. (Ok, if he gets eaten by a shark, I'll loving watch it.) Billy Ray Cyrus.

I think Asylum's cracked the loving code: Hire the most hated actors/celebs you can, have them all killed in incredibly messy fashions, PROFIT.

:stare:

Though I would contend that at least one if not two of those aren't "hated" at all and are actually pretty cool. (The first and third ones).

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

precision posted:

:stare:

Though I would contend that at least one if not two of those aren't "hated" at all and are actually pretty cool. (The first and third ones).

I maintain that #4 was cast for the express purpose of feeding him to a CGI shark.

Leopold N. Loeb
Apr 26, 2010

by XyloJW
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/21xcwk/we_are_the_performers_and_writers_from/

Rifftrax crew does an AMA.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
What the hell is an AMA?

Leopold N. Loeb
Apr 26, 2010

by XyloJW

Paper Kaiju posted:

What the hell is an AMA?

An "Ask Me Anything" thread on reddit.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Paper Kaiju posted:

What the hell is an AMA?

It's like A2M but more dirty.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
So nature is just one freakish nightmare after another?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mister Kingdom posted:

Humans are only the apex predator because we're smart enough to have invented a shotgun. We're pretty much a joke creature in every other regard.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

This has been hilarious so far

Mister Kingdom posted:

Well, yeah, just look at your avatar

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This dog sure does eat a lot of thongs!

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

My god, the koalas :stonk:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Why do I suspect that hit piece on the koala was underwritten by Big Panda?

This vet is creeping me out.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Crazy blonde lady is scaring me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"I'm beginning to think he's not an explorer so much as a guy who lost his job as a line cook at Chili's and bought a camera" :lol:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The 2nd episode is tremendous.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I hope this stuff gets released in some capacity, even if it's just videos hosted on Nat Geo's website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Thick guano soup.

Yea that describes this show.

• Locked thread