Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I hope they are going to change Discovery so that it is useful while chopping trees. Heartwood and thistle seeds etc. are green so are not affected at the moment. Those seem to have a set number per tree. Breeze Bands or the +damage accessories are the way to go to chop trees faster.

Drinkfist posted:

Sidenote: Jesus gently caress that Ancient wood tree is an elusive prick for how much you need.
Rare trees are not respawning properly. They are supposed to hotfix it with a patch later today. I got lucky and found enough for my cobalt pick on one of the Euro servers then gave up. I'll get the rest I need after the hotfix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

crabcakes66 posted:

47XGJRA73T7RAUG33ER4

Snagged. Thanks! Do they send you the link to download the launcher in an email, or...?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/downloadLandmarkLauncher.action?theme=eql is the download link if they do not send you one.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

grrarg posted:

I hope they are going to change Discovery so that it is useful while chopping trees. Heartwood and thistle seeds etc. are green so are not affected at the moment. Those seem to have a set number per tree. Breeze Bands or the +damage accessories are the way to go to chop trees faster.

Rare trees are not respawning properly. They are supposed to hotfix it with a patch later today. I got lucky and found enough for my cobalt pick on one of the Euro servers then gave up. I'll get the rest I need after the hotfix.

My guess it is not "respawning properly" and more of issue with tree density. With the Palm Hearts you have plenty of room to spawn the tiny plant for it in the jungle. The Desert is the same with their Thistle having plenty of spawning room. The Ancient tree on the other hand has to spawn in a high density area that is the ancient woods. The only thing people are looking for in that forest is that tree and after they cut it down the density might be slightly relived but you are not guaranteed a repop of the same tree.

I am unsure if tree placement is static or procedurally generated.

Dangerpants
Aug 11, 2005

Drinkfist posted:

Sidenote: Jesus gently caress that Ancient wood tree is an elusive prick for how much you need.

For what it's worth, I had an easier time finding the trees by looking out across ridges at the triangular outline they make with the sky instead of the bushy outline the regular trees make. Some people spot them easier with the graphic quality turned on low too if you're looking for any edge.

This is my first time to play during the last few days. How rare is it to craft a blue or legendary tool/item?

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

It's maybe 1-3%, 15-18% & rest common feels like to me.

edit:

who wants to piss away their weekend? just say when you use them.

Sancho fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 29, 2014

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Sancho posted:

edit:

X4HMKCMDXNRA9R4CKGCN
ACVNGE63MPTNAEGGTXJR
REJPZF24X4RETHH6F67H
4FEKDTGCJCMFR7TPMD3H

Thanks! I've taken REJPZF24X4RETHH6F67H.

Feynstein
Feb 13, 2012

Sancho posted:

X4HMKCMDXNRA9R4CKGCN

Snagged, thanks a lot!

deathrat
May 25, 2010

Sancho posted:

edit:

4FEKDTGCJCMFR7TPMD3H

Sweet thanks! Got ACVNGE63MPTNAEGGTXJR

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
My client took a poo poo. When I enter the game it tells me the servers are offline and doesn't show buttons. A few more tries and it started skipping the character select and bringing up a blank screen with the normal ingame GUI and then bugs the gently caress out and crashes when I click things.

I tried scanning and repairing but got the same result.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CountingWizard posted:

My client took a poo poo. When I enter the game it tells me the servers are offline and doesn't show buttons. A few more tries and it started skipping the character select and bringing up a blank screen with the normal ingame GUI and then bugs the gently caress out and crashes when I click things.

I tried scanning and repairing but got the same result.

Probably because the servers were down. They just came back up.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Drinkfist posted:

The patch seems to imply that was a mistake

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Does in spawn somewhere specific? I'm finding a metric ton of Iron and Copper but no tin. I would really like to upgrade my axe.

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

Kortel posted:

Does in spawn somewhere specific? I'm finding a metric ton of Iron and Copper but no tin. I would really like to upgrade my axe.

You can find tin at the very end of a copper vein. Same thing happens with silver which you can find at the end of an iron vein, gold at the end of a tungsten vein and rubicite at the end of a cobalt vein.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
Someone on the official forums posted that there is a thistle seed cluster on N/NE trench. It's true. I spent hours trying to find thistle seed spots across multiple desert biomes and had no luck until I tried the spot on Trench.

In summary, if you need Thistle Seeds, go here:

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I also found a boatload of thistle trees in the west of that same zone.

Samolety
Jan 27, 2008

I have returned from negotiations with Comrade Ignatov and have found him to be quite agreeable.
I believe it is peace in our time.

Sancho posted:

4FEKDTGCJCMFR7TPMD3H

Looks like this one got taken without anyone saying anything.

I'm considering purchasing a Founder's Pack to get into this, because it has looked really cool from the get-go. Do you guys think it is worth the 20bux?

Samolety fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 29, 2014

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Samolety posted:

I'm considering purchasing a Founder's Pack to get into this, because it has looked really cool from the get-go. Do you guys think it is worth the 20bux?

Yes. I do. I have played maybe 100 hours total since paying $60 for it and I don't regret it at all. I also paid $30 for DayZ standalone and feel like that was a total waste of money.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Man, Jeremy Soule really loves those horns.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
extra key :)

VX23XHATA9A6XNDP263X

Samolety
Jan 27, 2008

I have returned from negotiations with Comrade Ignatov and have found him to be quite agreeable.
I believe it is peace in our time.

Hard posted:

extra key :)

VX23XHATA9A6XNDP263X

Thanks! Redeemed.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Samolety posted:

Looks like this one got taken without anyone saying anything.

If you like the building game concept there's pretty good chance you'll enjoy the execution here. No real technical problems or anything. And the game only has room to grow as they put in a lot other promised features.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Don't pick up crafting stations or they disappear =/.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere
Here, take some keys!

HN763RRZKNME6X4T6MVR
RPXGMDP2RP4MHM9P2CHR
XK6JA3XRP93DF6HR43XF
M9EZR4TDVAF3RC6T3TDA

Arkainn
Mar 27, 2010

dunkan posted:

M9EZR4TDVAF3RC6T3TDA

I grabbed this one. Super excited to try this out, thanks a bunch!

Midrena
May 2, 2009

dunkan posted:

XK6JA3XRP93DF6HR43XF

Thank you so much, I used the 3rd one. :)

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

dunkan posted:

Here, take some keys!

HN763RRZKNME6X4T6MVR
RPXGMDP2RP4MHM9P2CHR
XK6JA3XRP93DF6HR43XF
M9EZR4TDVAF3RC6T3TDA

They're all gone. :'(

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

itsnice2bnice posted:

You can find tin at the very end of a copper vein. Same thing happens with silver which you can find at the end of an iron vein, gold at the end of a tungsten vein and rubicite at the end of a cobalt vein.

You can also find standalone veins of the precious ore in the next tier zone, which I find less painful. Mine your tin while you mine your iron, don't go back and mine out a million copper veins (other than the fact that you need copper ore for upkeep)

Azhais posted:

The patch seems to imply that was a mistake

Also, I take this back. Even post patch Diamond Pines are game-quittingly rare

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

For whatever reason my framerate tanks when hovering the axe over a tree (so it is highlighted by the orange border). It's completely fine outside of that.

starfish
Dec 21, 2004

Mine was doing that today while moving props (also with the orange outline). Was getting 0-2 fps before I restarted the client.

I go to the EU server (Satisfaction?) when I need trees. The only one that was hard to find was ancient rootstock and even then, it only took about 30 minutes to find 60ish. Just remember that when you go out for tree bits that you'll likely need double (+10 to be safe) for picks and axes.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Azhais posted:

Also, I take this back. Even post patch Diamond Pines are game-quittingly rare

I'm not sure the problem is so much that they are rare. The problem is they're not distinct. I didn't even realize I was harvesting one until I got the Ancient Rootstock. The pines are distinct because they're small and they look like pines. The thistle things are distinct because of the purple thorns. These have some pattern that is hard to see, especially in moonlight.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

nelson posted:

I'm not sure the problem is so much that they are rare. The problem is they're not distinct. I didn't even realize I was harvesting one until I got the Ancient Rootstock. The pines are distinct because they're small and they look like pines. The thistle things are distinct because of the purple thorns. These have some pattern that is hard to see, especially in moonlight.

They're not that hard, the tops are arrowlike and the trunks are significantly darker than the trees around them. I can spot them from miles away, they're just not around.

I took some pubbie on the official forums' advice and hunted around til I found one, then did my best south american rancher impression and clearcut the jungle for about a 2 minute walk square. The diamond pines did respawn decently in the area after that, but still slow as hell

edit: Got bored, moved on to plan "C": Jump servers/zones until I found a quiet one. That seems to be the winner here, Liberation/Lavatube was a ghost town, got 90 rootstock in 45 minutes.

Azhais fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 30, 2014

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I checked in on things periodically during alpha, and just as I was getting my momentum going the marina wifi decided to get unreliable as all hell. Now it seems to be mostly in working order and the tundra biome is pretty sweet. I've got a couple real-life friends who have dibs on my founder codes, but once both of them are squared away I'll have the other two to share here.

I found a remote little corner of Confidence - Spine with a good enough mountain to build my observatory on, but the social/friendslist stuff went in after my play-drought started. Is my character name good enough for me to be findable or is it like cryptic's stuff where there's an account-wide handle?

Lastly, I haven't taken much in the way of screenshots, but what few I have I've got up in an imgur gallery.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there any site giving keys away or something? I can't never get one from here :negative: they are gone in seconds.

Catullus
Oct 1, 2003

edit: all gone

Catullus fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 30, 2014

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
I just made my Mithril pick and fortunately all its stats were a bit better than my cobalt pick. So that means I can give away my cobalt one! Grinding sucks so if you want it send a tell to Subutai in game.

edit - and it's gone.

Shemp the Stooge fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 30, 2014

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Catullus posted:

Got 4 keys up for grabs, PM me if you want one.

Catullus is a sexy beast who hooked me up, thank you very much!

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Blorknorg posted:

Catullus is a sexy beast who hooked me up, thank you very much!

This. I just applied my key and created an account, but I just can't find where I can download this game :psyduck:. Someone help me out?

Edit: Nevermind. Found it out :D

Stalins Moustache fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 30, 2014

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
I might be a retard, but how the gently caress do I claim in this game? There are no control options at all so I have no idea what different keys do. When I look at the map, all I see are either orange and blue flags which tells me absolutely nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Stalins Moustache posted:

I might be a retard, but how the gently caress do I claim in this game? There are no control options at all so I have no idea what different keys do. When I look at the map, all I see are either orange and blue flags which tells me absolutely nothing.

After you craft your claim flag item, activate it by right clicking on the icon in your inventory or drag the item to your hot bar and use the associated hotkey. You have to have a decent distance from all other claims near you.

• Locked thread