Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Im loving the face at the end, that kitten is so smug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

"HEEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!"

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
My cat worked her way through a crocheted blanket today and resembled a classic NES villain. Best cat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Heehee

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Please stop giving your catte lovely beer. :(

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I only feed my cats craft-brewed IPAs. They really love the intense hoppy taste and silky mouthfeel before their little livers fail.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
This is my cat Pangur Dubh

so majestic

and then he eats dirt

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

MariusLecter posted:

Please stop giving your catte lovely beer. :(

Not our catte but duly noted.

Also cats will not normally drink alcohol, they can smell that it is really bad for them.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

My parents cat wouldn't drink beer directly, but she used to lick it off my dad's moustache.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I poked Zero awake to get this picture. She was slightly annoyed, then continued napping.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I had a cat that used to drink wine, but only rosés. Not even joking about that. The second she spotted a wine glass with something pink it it left unattended, she would streak across the room and jam her face in it.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

My dumb cat is afraid of beer. If you hold a bottle within like a foot of her she freaks out and runs away.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Kwyndig posted:

Not our catte but duly noted.

Also cats will not normally drink alcohol, they can smell that it is really bad for them.

My 18 year old Siamese will hurt me for beer, but there is nothing normal about him.

ED-E My Love
Feb 26, 2014

The cutest lil' eyebot in the Wasteland

Radio! posted:

My dumb cat is afraid of beer. If you hold a bottle within like a foot of her she freaks out and runs away.

I know this is the catte thread, but my dog is terrified of the smell of nail polish. If I am painting my nails, she comes around and starts barking at me, but she'll never come closer than about a foot away, because, you know, nail polish smells scary.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
Maybe your nail polish is haunted?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Really easy to picture his guts getting torn out and his head getting munched on like a pistachio.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
My sister's cat loving loves beer. Anytime I'm drinking it, she'll sit right next to me and lick the rim and then just stare at me intensely until I take another sip. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the kind of peer pressure they warned me about in school.

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010

That went from :stare: to :3: really fast.

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

My 18 year old Siamese will hurt me for beer, but there is nothing normal about him.

There's nothing normal about cats, period. And is there a story behind why he's (or she's) in the car with you? Was he/she trying to hijack it to keep you from taking him/her to the vet?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

empty sea posted:

My sister's cat loving loves beer. Anytime I'm drinking it, she'll sit right next to me and lick the rim and then just stare at me intensely until I take another sip. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the kind of peer pressure they warned me about in school.

An old friend had a cat named Shitbox (well, his name was officially Corduroy, but no one called him that) who would mug you for your beer. He'd creep up on you and attack your hand to get you to drop it, or sprint across the room to headbutt it off a table and then try to lap up as much as he could before being chased away.

The only thing that would deter the little shitbird was this squeaky rubber rat which would cause him to freak out and run into another room every time you squeezed it. Drink a beer, squeak a rat...the only way to enjoy or beverage in peace.

He was also really clumsy, he would sleep on top of the fridge and there was a 50/50 chance he'd roll right off of it.

I wish I had gotten a picture of him when he fell asleep on the couch and slowly wriggled his way between two cushions so that eventually nothing was showing except for four orange paws sticking straight up in the air.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Did the cat get drunk

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Penny Paper posted:

There's nothing normal about cats, period. And is there a story behind why he's (or she's) in the car with you? Was he/she trying to hijack it to keep you from taking him/her to the vet?

I took him for a ride :shrug:. Shmoo likes the car.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Penny Paper posted:

So obviously this wasn't directed towards me, but when I was growing up it was normal for us to leave our car windows open during the summer (yes, our interior got wet a lot because of the rain and us forgetting) and every once in awhile I would start driving down my road and out would pop one of my cats from out of the back seat, so I'd have to turn around to drop them back off. I eventually got into the habit of checking my backseat before I left.

Uncletouchy
Feb 28, 2010
This is my cat, Ricky! Though, we just call him Brick now because of how big he got.

He's not used to me taking pictures, but after a bit he started to open up.

Uncletouchy has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Mar 30, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Did the cat get drunk

Probably.
It was hard to tell! His default state was surly, clumsy, and randomly affectionate.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i2VePndjAg

Tari refuses to let me clean up after him.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

SyHopeful posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i2VePndjAg

Tari refuses to let me clean up after him.

Good soundtrack choice!

stevewm
May 10, 2005
http://imgur.com/JKjNhgt

[http://imgur.com/dnzeTqy

My cat Molly... Oddly enough she is entirely black. However when in the right light her fur appears brown as in the picture above.

Edit: sorry using android app... Can't get image tag to work right in it...

stevewm has a new favorite as of 05:25 on Mar 30, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's a weird looking cat but your image tags are still hosed.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

stevewm posted:

My cat Molly... Oddly enough she is entirely black. However when in the right light her fur appears brown as in the picture above.

Yeah black cats are like that. Some also have tabby markings in the right light.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Obligatory Toast posted:

Yeah black cats are like that. Some also have tabby markings in the right light.
Pangur never looks any color other than black no matter what the light, but he does have magic-eye tabby markings

he also has white skin and thus a white butthole which is very very noticeable it is a Hello Butthole

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

powerful haunches
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks, thread/other felines, for cheering me up when my own drat cat thinks it's perfectly OK to ignore me on such a rainy ugly day. How can anywhere else but my lap be the place you'd want to sleep on a day like this? Whatever.

For content, here's a video of a collection of cat pictures (ignore the intentionally-cheesy intro):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?7RK-_8J_3xM

Credits
Cat with giant belly: Boots
Cat with thumbs: Moose
Cat resembling a princess (that's what she tells herself she is): Tak
Cat looking sleek and dapper: Zim

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

stevewm posted:

That's because your URLs are for the Imgur page, not the actual image. The image URL starts with an i.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Deteriorata posted:

That's because your URLs are for the Imgur page, not the actual image. The image URL starts with an i.

DOH! I've used imgur many times, why the hell did I not remember that?! Thanks for pointing it out!

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

SierraEchoBravo posted:

That went from :stare: to :3: really fast.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it
I'm so happy. After five years of frequent moves, no-pet apartments, and various other circumstances, I'm finally in a place where I can take care of a kitty again, so I adopted this beautiful little guy today:

Did I say little guy? I meant BIG GUY.

This is Boston, or Boss for short. He's a 3-year old Siamese mix (apple-head and lynx point, but past that he's definitely a mutt) rescued from the local shelter. I have never seen a cat acclimate to a new house as fast as he has. The very moment he got out of his carrier into the apartment, he was strutting and striding and exploring the new room, and just a half hour later, eating, using the box, playing, and cleaning. No fear, this Big Boss. :3:

He's high energy, very playful and inquisitive, but laid-back and gentle rather than hyper. He's all activity without the spazziness, with a very soft play-bite and mild interest in pets. He may become more snuggly with time, but for now he just wants to be around other people all the time, meowing (very vocal!) and exploring and leaning into gentle skritches and pats.

Sorry, I don't mean to gush, he's just so beautiful and wonderful and I look forward to getting to know him more. :3: