Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Judgements posted:

Kindnesses.

Brother Pabby is so happy that's he's gonna havanuther ta cebrelate!

Germ posted:

The answer is.... BOTH!

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
Oath complete

The four monsters on the right are the jurnal

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Is the one which is pac-man also intended to fulfil last month's as well? Because it's cool.

Wokka wokka

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

Is the one which is pac-man also intended to fulfil last month's as well? Because it's cool.

Wokka wokka

Haha, awesome! Never noticed it before, but now I can't un-see it

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete For some odd reason, I haven't had as much trouble getting stuff painted as much as technical issues while trying to upload pictures, culminating in my desktop computer finally dying this morning. Was going to go for some one time bonuses but with how much trouble getting photos uploaded is right now, I'll have to save them for the last month.

The journal is both models, the Helbrute has a big eye where there usually a head with a face, and the gnoblar standing on top of the pile of loot is scratch built from stuff in my bits box.

EDIT: Here's an original Helbrute

Lord Hypnostache fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 30, 2014

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Oath failed.

Bad month for hobby stuff - I've spent more time painting woodwork than anything else, and I'm not going to have any time tomorrow to finish up.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK you're set

Pash posted:

Does this work? I also edited it into my oath completed post.

Yup you're set too

Ledgem posted:

OATH COMPLETE

You have five models so I put this down as a themed group, but I'm not certain... do you feel these five go together as a group?

Avenger_Mullah posted:

Oath complete

Krushgroove I don't have an approval for Avenger_Mullah's Oath!

Lord Hypnostache posted:

The journal is both models, the Helbrute has a big eye where there usually a head with a face, and the gnoblar standing on top of the pile of loot is scratch built from stuff in my bits box.

I don't have a "before" photo from you. I know you're having computer trouble, but if you can show me a stock photo from GW or something so I can see some original pieces that should be fine. You can do this after the oath deadline if your computer is blowed up.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

I don't have a "before" photo from you. I know you're having computer trouble, but if you can show me a stock photo from GW or something so I can see some original pieces that should be fine. You can do this after the oath deadline if your computer is blowed up.

Assist!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath 4 High Elf Heroes (kallistra, 10mm) and 4 Squigs/monsters (entirely homemade from greenstuff and wood, also 10mm)

The greenstuff and wood monsters will count for jurnal, right?

Leperflesh posted:

Krushgroove I don't have an approval for Avenger_Mullah's Oath!

Yeek!

Definitely Accepted - before the deadline, simply missed it in all my C&P-ing of other oaths.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Much appreciated!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Oath Complete!

Detektuv's Jurnal is that he's a composite of 3 other kits as described in my oath post.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete

Click for bigger. Added flamers, combi-flamer, power fist, close combat weapons, and various spikes and chaos-y bits.

Pre-conversion stock image:

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:burger:OATH COMPLETE:burger:

Trying out a new light tent thingy!

Coupla dakkajets and a burna-bomma for ya. I listened to Sigur Rós' entire discography while painting these!

And my converted warphead, with his base all done. He's my jurnal entry this month, I included the image I posted earlier of all the parts. I also speed painted him, I can repost those images if needed.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
My first model painted in months :)

And terrorising some juve color scheme testers:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I am afraid I am going to have to declare Oath failed for another tragic month. :saddowns:

It turns out moving is not the most conductive thing to painting. I could probably stay up late and get my models finished, but I have decided not to rush my Forgeworld terminators. I want everything in this army to be at a standard I am happy with.

Better luck next month, I suppose.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
Oath Complete!

After working with the Reaper Bones plastic this month, I'm pretty glad I didn't buy the kickstarter package after all. It's SO soft and squishy, you end up accidentally flexing and bending parts just through regular handling. Anyone have different experiences with it?

Ex Post Facto edit: I am claiming the Detekive's Jurnal for the conversion work on the Ork Nob-type fella

Pre:

Haydrian fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 1, 2014

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Here's the completed cat lady (lovely cellphone pics ahoy):

The Jurnal are the alterations in weaponry and general appearance from the original:

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, after some panic at not being able to find anything to convert in all my piles of unpainted minis, hereby oath: (1) Tawny Firehair, Cat Girl for March! This is from Reaper Miniatures, 28mm; as you can see, it's fresh off the shelf at the FLGS.

The model had its staff and right-hand punch-dagger-things removed, and is now wielding a bow and quiver, also wearing clothes. (Seriously, the original model was just embarassing {mildly :nws: }.)

Full album with four (4!) hi-res pics of the finished model is here.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I like the added clothes, I might have to try that myself :3

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
Oath Complete!
It was a nail biter, but I got it done

Some Boomhowlers

Stormclad

Some Forgeguard

Gorman Di Wulfe

The (old month's) Journal is the OSL on Gorman's vials
Also claiming Themed Group for the many mercenary troopers

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath Complete!

Claiming jurnal because this guy is kitbashed from the following (all GW):
Bike kit
Sternguard Vets (shoulderpads)
Vangard Vets (thunderhamer, old rear end metal storm shield)
Command Squad (Ultramarine symbol to block line of sight while driving)
Bits Box (head, old rear end backpack)
Forge world Black Templar terminator storm shield kit (carved up shield)

gently caress Diablo 3.

drgnvale fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 31, 2014

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

For this month's jurnal: a War Hog! (original)

Changes include: repositioned head and left arm. Replaced right hand and weapon with parts from Juggernaut warjack, added flag and wood.
This also counts for Fly Your Flag

10 Ghost Raiders, a themed group

2 Pistol Wraiths

Black Ogrun

Dahlia and Skarath

Skorne Paingivers

Cyclops Savages

Morghoul

Titan Gladiator

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

I wanted to add texture to the tokens, so I used a layer of crackle nail polish and then covered it in brown. They are my rolled a six etc entry.

I think they came out ok, especially as they're just tokens for a game that barely needs them.

I did the lady as a sort-of speedpaint.

The jurnal is the hand-swap that gave her the gun.

I really need to build a lightbox for myself. And get more lamps.

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
Oath Complete! No journal.

These dwarf miniatures aren't really meant to be based individually and a few lost arms when I was cutting them apart.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Illudere posted:

Oath Complete! No journal.

These dwarf miniatures aren't really meant to be based individually and a few lost arms when I was cutting them apart.

Aww they're so cute and tiny :3:

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
Oath Complete!

Jurnal:

Removed the casket from the Dreadnought, added in a Valkyrie Pilot, replaced Multimelta with a Plasma Cannon, adjusted fist to hold a power axe, added a dreadnought-sized shaft for the power axe, shoved purity seals everywhere, added a led light that ended up not working out. It's like a 12 year old made it.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete

Jurnal is holding the banner instead of it being on his back. This is also Fly Your Flag and Box Art.

This image shows the box art and the original banner position.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Booley posted:

Oath Complete

Jurnal is holding the banner instead of it being on his back. This is also Fly Your Flag and Box Art.

Cool flag :swoon:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:shepface: Oath Complete :shepface:

This oath did not go well. Having a real hard time getting some paints to stick to this current can of flat white I'm using to prime, hopefully it's just one can and not a trend. Also, by the time I figured out how I wanted to deal with these integrated base tabs and picked a basing theme, I remembered I'd run out of greenstuff and it was too late to get more.

So here's my sadly unbased, one pair of paints in need of touch up before getting Testors dullcote treatment I haven't bought yet, but otherwise completed oath

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nice!

Haydrian posted:

After working with the Reaper Bones plastic this month, I'm pretty glad I didn't buy the kickstarter package after all. It's SO soft and squishy, you end up accidentally flexing and bending parts just through regular handling. Anyone have different experiences with it?

It's definitely not the same as normal miniatures plastic. On the other hand, if you bought in to just Vampire level on Reaper Bones I, you paid less than fifty cents per figure. At that price, a bit of bendiness and slight loss of detail doesn't mean as much.

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
Oath Complete!

Mostly scratch built to qualify for the Jurnal

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Now the clocks have changed, what time is cut off? 11pm, midnight or 1am BST?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Booley posted:

Oath Complete

That banner's real purdy, Booley.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Oath barely complete!

1 x Chaos Cultist
3 x Reaper AA Grav-Tanks
3 x Hunter Grav-Tanks

For reference, here's the before / after shots for the Jurnal:

quote:

Source:

and post-chopping and glue:

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

As per my oath pic, the Jurnal on this guy is that he's entirely built from spares. Closest to an original mini shot would be this from the GW site:

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete

The Detektuv’s Jurnal

She is a Bretonnian Damsel with Staff on a pegasus (with the tree trunk being from the Arachnarok kit)

One time bonus - In Battle!

Bonus battle damage!

I only let them unattended for a minute :ohdear:

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 31, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Namenlos posted:

Now the clocks have changed, what time is cut off? 11pm, midnight or 1am BST?

GMT right now is just after ten PM: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/mobile/mobile_time_in_UTC.aspx

So everyone has just under 2 hours to finish up!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Namenlos posted:

One time bonus - the one with fighting

In Battle.

I'm assuming you didn't do this month's Detektuv's Jurnal.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Oath Complete!

These guys are a themed group of magical martial artists, with the Jurnal conversion being their bases.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

In Battle.

I'm assuming you didn't do this month's Detektuv's Jurnal.

Why would you assume that? I thought you guys said we could do Detektuv's Jurnal and a one time bonus...?

• Locked thread