Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/192514556/the-magic-t-pad-a-vertical-adapter-for-the-magic-t

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

penus de milo posted:

did someone say chip shop

gently caress there's this chippy in musselburgh that will forever be my first fish and chips experience and it's the best

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

why

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

it's for people who are aware they should be using something ergonomic, but have way too much apple fetishism to give up the tragic macpad

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

constantly switching between palm-down typing and palm-left pointing won't be a strain itself :downs:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
get a vertical mouse shitlords

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

hip

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
how does this concept even occur to someone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sham bam bamina! posted:

if elvis was still alive this would be the mouse he used

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Sham bam bamina! posted:

really, is it that much of a stretch? lots of people play fpses. lots of people play fpses using the mouse.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

spongeh posted:

really, is it that much of a stretch? lots of people play fpses. lots of people play fpses using the mouse.
yeah but they aren't even tenuously analogous, maybe the concept of combining an actual gun with mouse aiming might have made sense in the middle of a game while the person was preoccupied with fragging noobs but you'd think that the moment of actually visualizing "aim by sliding the bottom of the gun's handle around" would have nipped that in the bud before it could get to a loving prototype stage :psyduck:

and besides the falcon and the wiimote have been around for years, it's not like these concepts haven't already been executed with at least basic functionality

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 30, 2014

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
that mouse is from the 90s. that was as probably as close as you were getting to a novint falcon then

Dec 26, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

its really not a hard idea to concieve, like at all

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

yeah but they aren't even tenuously analogous, maybe the concept of combining an actual gun with mouse aiming might have made sense in the middle of a game while the person was preoccupied with fragging noobs but you'd think that the moment of actually visualizing "aim by sliding the bottom of the gun's handle around" would have nipped that in the bud before it could get to a loving prototype stage :psyduck:

and besides the falcon and the wiimote have been around for years, it's not like these concepts haven't already been executed with at least basic functionality

i'm guessing you're not an american. it works like this: you put your hand on a mouse; you put your hand on a gun; why not combine the two?!

this also works for things you don't put your hand on in order to use

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wave-hooks

fat idiot makes stupid crap with a 3d printer. wants money to buy another 3d printer. idiots give him money.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Dr. Honked posted:

fat idiot makes stupid crap with a 3d printer. wants money to buy another 3d printer. idiots give him money.

in the video he says "with this one 3d printer i can produce 50 to 75 wave hooks with accessories per month"

if he used injection moulding he could produce that many per minute.

what is with this loving 3d printer fetishism? they're rapid prototyping devices, not miniature desktop factories you loving dumbass

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Nelson MandEULA posted:

in the video he says "with this one 3d printer i can produce 50 to 75 wave hooks with accessories per month"

what is with this loving 3d printer fetishism? they're rapid prototyping devices, not miniature desktop factories you loving dumbass

nuh uh, they're a manufacturing revolution that puts the power back into the hands of the little guy

all i'm saying is the assembly line was the greatest evil man has ever known, and we should all go back to weaving our own shirts

Underwear
May 13, 2006

Dr. Honked posted:

oh god I watched it

he really has no idea that 3d printers are for prototyping not production. he seems so proud that he can make 50-75 plastic hooks per month.

e:f,b type too slow

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
also there is literally no way i can't walk into a target/walmart/literally anywhere and find like 4 different brands of these exact things for cheaper

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Nelson MandEULA posted:

maker culture

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nelson MandEULA posted:

i hate to defend these people, but could he get an injection molder for home use?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

theres nothing wrong with enjoying stupid silly things especially if other people enjoy them and you can make money doing it. no one is hurting. everyone is having fun.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

prefect posted:

i hate to defend these people, but could he get an injection molder for home use?

no, but he can get them made in china for half the price of the 3d printer

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

"I need to be clear on this point: Are you telling me that Satan is literally working to confound your plans to release this game? You're saying that the actual Devil is scheming against you?"

I'm sitting in a nondescript office in an unremarkable neighborhood in Bakersfield, CA, interviewing three men about their plans for a Biblical game based on the life of Abraham.

"I believe that, 100 percent," replies Richard Gaeta, a co-founder of Phoenix Interactive. He argues that since the launch of the Kickstarter for Bible Chronicles: The Call of Abraham, trouble has come into all their lives.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/25/5496396/abraham-game-makers-believe-they-are-in-a-fight-with-satan

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
hail satan

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
gotta say, satan and i don't see eye to eye on everything, but his taste in games is pretty good

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

is the trouble in their lives the fact that they are making a stupid video game

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

prefect posted:

yes in fact one was successfully kickstarted: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/210417487/bench-model-plastic-injection-machine

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
but yes, the point is that, if this guy has a really cool idea for a plastic product, he can get it professionally injection moulded. yeah, it won't be made in his house, but there's nothing stopping him from getting his products made by a local plastics business. the moulds themselves are expensive, but i doubt one costs any more than a makerbot. economies of scale would be enormous and he could produce thousands of units a day.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Anyone want to help me build and promote this type of site for California: http://rt.com/news/sardinia-vote-independence-italy-417/

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Ian McLean posted:

Anyone want to help me build and promote this type of site for California: http://rt.com/news/sardinia-vote-independence-italy-417/

no lf ian, you know the rules.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

i'll make the wiki

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nelson MandEULA posted:

but yes, the point is that, if this guy has a really cool idea for a plastic product, he can get it professionally injection moulded. yeah, it won't be made in his house, but there's nothing stopping him from getting his products made by a local plastics business. the moulds themselves are expensive, but i doubt one costs any more than a makerbot. economies of scale would be enormous and he could produce thousands of units a day.

and then he'd have to find retailers to stock them and compete with actual manufacturers and maybe at best could get some made for tv deal based on what a great new idea he has for things that can be stuck to your shower wall

the only thing this guy is selling is the dream that if we support more makers then they will buy more printers which will become better/less expensive until everyone has a star trek style replicator and they can make their sex dolls or whatever in the privacy of their own homes

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
yes, nobody needs those dumb loving things, so they wouldn't be buying them if they weren't buying into his stupid paradigm.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

i'll make the wiki

I need bootstrap and identification verification.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

syscall girl posted:

and then he'd have to find retailers to stock them and compete with actual manufacturers and maybe at best could get some made for tv deal based on what a great new idea he has for things that can be stuck to your shower wall

the only thing this guy is selling is the dream that if we support more makers then they will buy more printers which will become better/less expensive until everyone has a star trek style replicator and they can make their sex dolls or whatever in the privacy of their own homes

:cripes:

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
why must nerds ruin everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
If you want to make lots of identical things and you must involve a 3d printer at some point, you can 3d print molds

• Locked thread