Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Crossposting from the Bitcoin Thread.

The fact that you can see his neckbeard popping out from around the mask is just the icing on the cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Some Cosplay from AnimeJapan 2014

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Her costume is pretty lazy but her accessories are exemplary.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Polaron posted:

No clue what the guy on the right was supposed to be, but I'm pretty sure the guy on the left is from Running Man. His costume flashed and his mohawk changed colors, it was awesome.

Some of my friends ran into that guy, too!

And on the day before he had been dressed as King Robert Baratheon, warhammer and all.

I don't think anyone got a picture of his Sunday costume, though, which was just this shirt and it was hilarious. The only day I got to go was on Sunday, probably the calmest day of the con, but there were still a lot of really cool costumes running around. I nabbed some photos from a friend that were taken across all three days to share:

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

I intially thought this was Overlord cosplay for second and was disappointed he didn't have any minions.

Forti
May 5, 2009

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Please tell me it played the music.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Holy poo poo, this is amazing. The scowling face really seals it.

Kunzelman
Dec 26, 2007

Lord Shaper

CynCyanide posted:

I'm guessing they only popped the teeth on for photos. In trying to find out how that person did it, I found a group shot of some other Sandman characters:

Despair is pretty instantly recognizable.

I'm super impressed that Despair chose to do the first Despair rather than the second (red tattoos versus gray skin).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's a clever way to get the horn part to spin.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Where is that from?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ocarina of time

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Was the Dynamo guy also singing opera? I definitely didn't expect to see really accurate Running Man cosplay.

I imagine children at cons become easily confused by really well-done cosplay, like if they went to a Santa convention.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
AnimeJapan 2014 Cosplay (Part 2)

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

What's this from? I've seen a few gifs of those insanely over-complicated transforming guns before.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

McKilligan posted:

What's this from? I've seen a few gifs of those insanely over-complicated transforming guns before.

Psycho-Pass

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jet Ready Go posted:

You know I don't think I've ever seen a bad GARO costume, despite how ridiculously hot those things have got to be if you do them correctly.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kunzelman posted:

I'm super impressed that Despair chose to do the first Despair rather than the second (red tattoos versus gray skin).

It looks like the group is specifically doing the characters as they are in the "Heart of a Star" story in Endless Nights which was set a bazillion years ago, so it's the first Despair and Delirium is still Delight.

e:
...looking at your avatar you probably already know that. :shobon:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kwyndig posted:

You know I don't think I've ever seen a bad GARO costume, despite how ridiculously hot those things have got to be if you do them correctly.

Adam Savage has always made comments about how hot his costumes got when he was fully donning any of his outfits, but then again he's walking around in the Southern California sun in the middle of Summer. My costume for last year's SDCC was simple, Buckethead, but even with just a thin mask and a paper bucket on my head I was collecting in the chin of the mask in a couple hours. I can't imagine how dehydrated you'd be with one of those elaborate costumes.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You know, I've seen a few Daedric Armor cosplays but I've never seen a Dremora Lord cosplay. It's basically the same thing except red facepaint and horns. But the best part about it is being able to say everything in this audio track below and not sounding like an idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdU4V3bNn-g

I smell... WEAKNESS!!! :black101:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

a kitten posted:

It looks like the group is specifically doing the characters as they are in the "Heart of a Star" story in Endless Nights which was set a bazillion years ago, so it's the first Despair and Delirium is still Delight.

e:
...looking at your avatar you probably already know that. :shobon:

:ssh: I pointed that out two pages ago...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kwyndig posted:

I just did a fairly thorough GIS for Garo The Fanged Wolf cosplay to find the inevitable bad one and I came up empty handed. Some were slightly less ornate than others and a few weren't proportioned as well as they could be but even then they were merely 'very good' rather than 'really great'.

I suspect that the Garo cosplayers of the world have formed a secret cabal and are sneaking around murdering all the bad Garo cosplayers and removing all evidence of their existence. :tinfoil:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 07:58 on Mar 27, 2014

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Some photos from Emerald City Comic-con, courtesy of KOMO News:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Lance Streetman posted:

So fast he outran his own beard.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also became a woman.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

muscles like this? posted:

Also became a woman.

Well some serious poo poo does happen when you accelerate to 88MPH.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Also became a woman.

I gave up on questioning the Speed Force sometime around 2004.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

I really like this one. It's not complex or technically impressive but she looks like she fell out of Justice League Unlimited.

ThatPazuzu has a new favorite as of 02:00 on Mar 31, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Also became a woman.

He ran fast enough to break (or vibrate) through the glass ceiling.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Also became a woman.

You could say he went through gender reassignment...

:c00l:

...in a flash

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
One more from ECCC:

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

404GoonNotFound posted:

One more from ECCC:

Oh. My. God.

Someone finally did a perfect Jubilee.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Lance Streetman posted:

I'm surprised no one said anything about it being a Flash mob :downsrim:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

One pop culture thing and another pop culture thing. That would make a sweet t-shirt.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Lance Streetman posted:

See, a Spider-man that's built like a footballer is really kind of intimidating.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Decrepus posted:

One pop culture thing and another pop culture thing. That would make a sweet t-shirt.

I'm pretty sure it was a t-shirt first.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

CzarChasm posted:

See, a Spider-man that's built like a footballer is really kind of intimidating.

While I'm not really sure how I feel about the blue jeans, I'll admit, this guy does give off a sort of "Gotham City Imposters" style vibe to him.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

404GoonNotFound posted:

One more from ECCC:

gently caress'n eh. That's spot on.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

404GoonNotFound posted:

One more from ECCC:

This is awesome.

Adbot