Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
That was not a pretty ending at all.

I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

forbidden lesbian posted:

That was not a pretty ending at all.

I love it.

Good clean Squire beats. Nothing like it.

Mindisgone
May 18, 2011

Yeah, well you know...
That's just like, your opinion man.
It does not look like there is a specific thread for MTGO, is this thread the best place to discuss it (although I suppose it depends on the context)? I am wondering if there are a special list of goon trade bots or a list of goon approved trade bots.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

If there is a goon trade bot I haven't seen it, but the bots I use to get free cards because I'm a cheap casual are ClanTeamFree, Academy_Quizbot, and MTGOTradersFreeBot.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

What a Judas posted:

Why would anybody want to switch from Twitch? Twitch does everything well.

Twitch has:

1) A fairly bad interface for streamers. Things are not made clear and entering and navigating menus is a pain in the rear end relative to other services such as hitbox.

2) Feature lock unless you have X subscribers and are a Big Deal partner.

3) Autoplay video with audio on their homepage. Who the gently caress does this?

4) A ~30 second delay on all video streams for backend buffering which makes the service borderline unusable for MTG streaming.

5) Terrible documentation.

Hitbox has:

1) A great interface for streamers with a single dashboard to edit all of your settings.

2) No feature lock that I can see.

3) No autoplay video on the homepage.

4) Optional delay running from 0 seconds (!!!) to 30 minutes for people who don't want to be ghosted I guess.

5) Really great documentation.

This is why someone might switch from Twitch.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I got bored earlier this afternoon so at the risk of :can:, I ran the Reserve List through Deckstats to see the breakdown by type, color, cost etc. and because I didn't know what half the cards were and was too lazy to go through and mouse over every name on the list on Wizards' site to see the card pop up (and even then without current Oracle text)-

Deck: Reserve List

Display deck statistics

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

The March Hare posted:

Twitch has:

1) A fairly bad interface for streamers. Things are not made clear and entering and navigating menus is a pain in the rear end relative to other services such as hitbox.

2) Feature lock unless you have X subscribers and are a Big Deal partner.

3) Autoplay video with audio on their homepage. Who the gently caress does this?

4) A ~30 second delay on all video streams for backend buffering which makes the service borderline unusable for MTG streaming.

5) Terrible documentation.

Hitbox has:

1) A great interface for streamers with a single dashboard to edit all of your settings.

2) No feature lock that I can see.

3) No autoplay video on the homepage.

4) Optional delay running from 0 seconds (!!!) to 30 minutes for people who don't want to be ghosted I guess.

5) Really great documentation.

This is why someone might switch from Twitch.

I see. I'll give it a shot, then!

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

C-Euro posted:

I got bored earlier this afternoon so at the risk of :can:, I ran the Reserve List through Deckstats to see the breakdown by type, color, cost etc. and because I didn't know what half the cards were and was too lazy to go through and mouse over every name on the list on Wizards' site to see the card pop up (and even then without current Oracle text)-

Deck: Reserve List

Display deck statistics

I know that the Reserved List has nothing to do with power level, but I love Wizards R&D being scared of the terrifying, game-breaking power of Farmstead.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Mindisgone posted:

It does not look like there is a specific thread for MTGO, is this thread the best place to discuss it (although I suppose it depends on the context)? I am wondering if there are a special list of goon trade bots or a list of goon approved trade bots.

I tend towards the ones that show up on MTGOWikiPrice.com, as well as Supernova and Card Nexus. Whenever I trade with a new bot I friendlist it, and then remove any where I don't have an outstanding credit to keep my list small.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
GoatBots was the consensus best bot chain, but they were shut down by Wizards for some reason. I typically use LunarBot for selling extra packs/cards and CardBot for buying, while a lot of the smaller bots on WikiPrice may have slightly better prices I find that the website is slow in updating or refers me to bots that are unavailable or malfunctioning. It's worth it if you want to buy something really expensive, but CardBot always has reasonable prices and the only time I've seen them sold out is when there is a short term bubble on an obscure card. LunarBot tends to have a high buy price and high sell price for most cards/packs, so sell there. get tickets, and buy somewhere else.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
I believe GoatBots was shut down because they were using packet sniffing and other network analyses to run based on the logic in the classified section itself. This made the bot super fast, but also violated the TOS. Other bots run using optical character recognition and simulated user input, which is why they're so slow and unstable. So pretty much business as usual!

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Konstantin posted:

GoatBots was the consensus best bot chain, but they were shut down by Wizards for some reason.
They were using some sort of injection code thing to be super fast. If you remember how fast Goatbot was go check out another bot and compare the speed. Technically it's breaking the TOS but what is amusing is technically all bots are breaking it from my understanding. It's one of the areas WotC looks away from unless they get complaints. Make no mistake about it the only people complaining about Goatbot were competitors.

Promoted Pawn posted:

Colored artifacts seem to me like the kind of thing that would never appear in a base set.
I was thinking they could have made them 1-2 CMC enchantments, which also have some pleasant interactions with Theros that was up coming.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I remember being condescended to by the neckbeards at my FNM about how bad the Staff cycle is when I mentioned them as a potential pick for devotion decks. :allears: Who's laughing now???

(In fairness they were very much a meta pick, rather than something reliable. It worked, though!)

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I don't often imagine playing these pieces of cardboard like it's a real wizard battle, but this cube draft just gave me the greatest visual ever.

I drafted green ramp with a splash of blue. I ramped up to a turn 3 Deranged Hermit. My board was cluttered but small.

I finally attack all out except the hermit and my Ulvenwald Tracker. He blocks, but I have too many things...and I get to Ninjutsu in my Sakashima's Student, copying the hermit.

Suddenly...CHITTERING DEATH SWARM! :black101:

When the dust settled, his 4/4 Obstinate Baloth was all that remained, so I fought a squirrel token on it with my Tracker.

I laughed picturing a Ninja diving into combat and summoning a herd of rabid squirrels. They swarm over the blockers like the ghost army in LOTR. The battlefield suddenly goes quiet and a lone Beast remains standing, surveying his dead comrades, wondering wtf happened :catstare:. An Ulvenwald Tracker is casually standing by the edge of the killing field, when suddenly he throws a squirrel, foaming at the mouth, right in his face and they both die.

Death by squirrels is the best....

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

A personal piece I did back in 2012 that Wizards liked so much they purchased its publishing rights and will be making it a card sometime later this year. Since it wasn't commissioned I can show this piece as it is not covered under NDA. Keep your eyes peeled everybody. ©Wizards of the Coast 2012

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I don't care what those are, I'm building a deck that runs 4 of both.

Recess Rapist
Jul 4, 2004
I no longer whack; I use a driptorch.
Creature - Angel Wizard

Creature - Human Pastry

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Those are probably related to Orthreos or whatever the W/B god is called. Really pretty stuff. :swoon:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

:swoon:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Both will be unplayable in any format. :smuggo:

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

bhsman posted:

Both will be unplayable in any format. :smuggo:

One's going to be played as a 2-of in an already-nice Modern deck as a meta read and then never be used again but still rocket up to 5 bucks, the other will be playable in Murdergoats, but only during superstandard.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Coming up on 1:30 in the morning, I went to see who won the Legacy Open. It's still going.

Miracles, y'all. Miracles.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
I'm guessing they're from conspiracy.

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

"Later this year" doesn't mean much considering those were posted January 2013. Wizards could use them at any time or never.

Edit: Artist is Robbie Trevino, who has done some recent cards such as Dawn to Dusk and Gray Merchant of Asphodel.

Applebees fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 31, 2014

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

He could be referring to when the cards were made, not when the set is released.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Sleepy Owl posted:

He could be referring to when the cards were made, not when the set is released.
Yeah but they definitely seem flavorful for JOU, the human especially so. They certainly don't feel very Warlords of Khanar-y. Isn't art one of the last things that goes on a card? They've had it for 2 years so who knows. Maybe it was lost in their files.

Attorney at Funk posted:

Coming up on 1:30 in the morning, I went to see who won the Legacy Open. It's still going.

Miracles, y'all. Miracles.
Legacy without taking local metas in consideration seems to be very BUG Delver vs Miracles right now for decks reaching top 8 the most. Hopefully someone will post an infograph soon so we can really see the numbers.

I really liked that LA BUG Control deck.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Poking around found some more art from people loosely affiliated with MTG. Commence the baseless speculation!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
L5R, she's wearing Lion colors with a lion chest plate.

Although, good on Steve for the lack of overt sexualization.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Return to Kamigawa could be pretty awesome. I really enjoyed Kamigawa's flavor but I really didn't play much at the time.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

L5R, she's wearing Lion colors with a lion chest plate.

Although, good on Steve for the lack of overt sexualization.

Steve Argyle art? Needs bigger tits.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

jassi007 posted:

Steve Argyle art? Needs bigger tits.

Well, at least he has retained that "everything is made out of plastic" look.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Speaking of actual speculation it seems that wotc.pdf with some very limited JOU info that was going around the past week or two had this bit slipped in it.

quote:

"20 Prize-supplement Minotaur tokens"
Minotaur token generator? Are there any older minotaur cards that make tokens?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Korak posted:

Poking around found some more art from people loosely affiliated with MTG. Commence the baseless speculation!

Argyle does a lot of art for L5R.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

He's the co-art director, I believe.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Korak posted:

Speaking of actual speculation it seems that wotc.pdf with some very limited JOU info that was going around the past week or two had this bit slipped in it.

Minotaur token generator? Are there any older minotaur cards that make tokens?

Only two minotaurs make tokens, but neither make Minotaur tokens

If there is going to be a Minotaur token generator, watch some goon spin that into Murdertaurs.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Korak posted:

Yeah but they definitely seem flavorful for JOU, the human especially so. They certainly don't feel very Warlords of Khanar-y. Isn't art one of the last things that goes on a card? They've had it for 2 years so who knows. Maybe it was lost in their files.

They're reaaally out of flavor for Theros. Theros's technology is in the bronze-age, it would make no sense for creatures covered and composed of intricate metalwork of refined metals to exist there. Maybe they won't be showing up in the fall set but they're most likely not showing up in JOU either.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Korak posted:

Yeah but they definitely seem flavorful for JOU, the human especially so. They certainly don't feel very Warlords of Khanar-y.

Are you baselessly speculating on an art style for a set we know nothing about, where even the name is just an educated guess based on a trademark filing?

In other news, the Commander tournaments at my LGS keep getting weirder and weirder. It's based on a ~*Sheldon Points*~-like system, and now there's a new rule where if the organizer thinks you're purposefully not winning the game just to accrue more points, he can come over and force you to attack or whatever to win the game. I'm never playing a Commander game with more rules than the official ones (except for a first friendly partial-mulligan, which is just great).

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 31, 2014

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

BJPaskoff posted:

Are you baselessly speculating on an art style for a set we know nothing about, where even the name is just an educated guess based on a trademark filing?
It will be a shocker if Huey isn't Warlords.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Kabanaw posted:

They're reaaally out of flavor for Theros. Theros's technology is in the bronze-age, it would make no sense for creatures covered and composed of intricate metalwork of refined metals to exist there. Maybe they won't be showing up in the fall set but they're most likely not showing up in JOU either.

It looks sort of like gilding to me, which could be a Returned type thing...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Korak posted:

It will be a shocker if Huey isn't Warlords.

It's possible that it's "Khans of Tarkir" now, and the assumption is that Wizards didn't want confusion with the new WoW expansion, "Warlords of Draenor". But still, speculation on art styles we know nothing about is pointless.

• Locked thread