Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Planet Piss posted:

Also I've started pre-orders for more Mr. Meeseeks dolls. I don't know if I should make a SAMart thread instead of posting here though, either way go look if you are interested!

This thing is a loving nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Yodzilla posted:

I'm imagining a clueless but well-intentioned adult trying to give that monstrosity to a little kid and then three years later waking up in a puddle of their own blood after the kid has started to brutally murder them.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Yodzilla posted:

But he just wants to help...

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Yodzilla posted:

I'm getting Fiesta Cat flashbacks

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

The Two Brothers thing was the shittiest part of the episode for me. They had no idea where they were headed with that and just kept making up more lame bullshit.

You don't say??

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

It's not as horrible of a doll as Mr. SocialAnxietyDisorderSeeks

I'm Mr. Meeseeks! Don't look at me!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I hope Rick and Morty continues to be a good show for the sake of this thread :ohdear:

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
I'm getting Duke Nukem Forever flashbacks.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Max22 posted:

You don't say??
Action movies are often bad, and it's improv, I get it. Doesn't mean I want to listen to someone uncomfortably stammering along with a bunch of stuff I don't find amusing. You can like that bit if you want to, I didn't. I didn't hate the episode or anything but a few of the jokes fell flat for me including that one.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 31, 2014

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

Fast Luck posted:

Action movies are often bad, and it's improv, I get it. Doesn't mean I want to listen to someone uncomfortably stammering along with a bunch of stuff I don't find amusing. You can like that bit if you want to, I didn't. I didn't hate the episode or anything but a few of the jokes fell flat for me including that one.

I didn't like that joke until the end, when he starts laughing on "it's just called Two Brothers." v:shobon:v

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

AxeManiac posted:

I'm getting Fiesta Cat flashbacks

Where is my fiesta cat plushie I am very upset :colbert:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

I take it you're not a podcast person

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

japtor posted:

He's a grandpa. An extremely eccentric one sure, but he cares for his family (...in some weird capacity I guess), except maybe his son in law.

I'm pretty sure Rick cares about his family. When he saw that Morty had had a rough time with King Jellybean, he immediately decided that Morty's adventure had to succeed. And after they left (I like to think more time passed for them than we saw from the adventure dimension), once Rick found out what really happened, he created another portal and killed that Jellybean prick. And Rick loving with the Devil seemed half Bugs Bunny and half being protective of Summer -- he didn't think she should be working for the Devil, but he's not just going to say he's worried about her when he can beat the guy and run him off instead.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Occupation posted:

An SAMart thread for crocheting characters in general and taking suggestions would probably be very profitable for you. In either case you should definitely post this to r/rickandmorty, esp because justin Roiland posts there and would probably increase traffic if he thinks this is neat

also you should make a butterbot

Yeah I wouldn't do that unless you want a fat C&D letter from Cartoon Network.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Reminder: Rick and Morty is a repeat tonight. The next new episode will air on the 14th.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

prefect posted:

I'm pretty sure Rick cares about his family. When he saw that Morty had had a rough time with King Jellybean, he immediately decided that Morty's adventure had to succeed. And after they left (I like to think more time passed for them than we saw from the adventure dimension), once Rick found out what really happened, he created another portal and killed that Jellybean prick. And Rick loving with the Devil seemed half Bugs Bunny and half being protective of Summer -- he didn't think she should be working for the Devil, but he's not just going to say he's worried about her when he can beat the guy and run him off instead.

I actually really dig this interpertation and I can totally see it. It points to a surprisingly functional cartoon-show family that does have a capacity to come together to solve their troubles. If this is what the writers intend, then it could give a very different dynamic to the show than Simpsons / Family Guy.

Then again, Meeseeks haunt my nightmares.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Irish Joe posted:

Reminder: Rick and Morty is a repeat tonight. The next new episode will air on the 14th.

nope!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Irish Joe posted:

Don't you mean the 7th? They said two weeks, so this will be week one and next week will be week two with the new episode.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

poo poo, forgot to tell OSG there isn't a new episode tonight and the thread got stuck. Hope nobody got their hopes up!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah. I did.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wiki, the Adult Swim website, and my TV app all say a new episode is airing tonight? "Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind".

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Cool detail in Ricksty Minutes: the battery life of the inter dimensional goggles decreases as the show goes on, and the DNA strand looks different between Jerry and Beth.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay, I officially have no idea what's happening with this. The promo for this ep definitely says two weeks, but all other sources say tonight.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Didn't this happen with Raising Gazorpazorp, too? I'd trust the promo. I mean, I hope I'm wrong, but...

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Bown posted:

Wiki, the Adult Swim website, and my TV app all say a new episode is airing tonight? "Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind".

http://video.adultswim.com/schedule/

Raising Gazorpazorp

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I think the word is that "deadlines are hard" so it slipped to next week. :shrug:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It says Close Rick-counters for me!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

That schedule actually does say Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind is playing tonight.

(it probably still isn't, mind you)

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MrAristocrates posted:

It says Close Rick-counters for me!

What the what? You guys are loving with me.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Irish Joe posted:

What the what? You guys are loving with me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It said Rick-Counters on my laptop but not on my phone. No idea anymore.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What's going on? Is there some time zone fuckery happening?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Mine's actually totally different:

(ninja edit: beaten on the image, see novamute's post)
(double ninja edit: Okay, so it's just RandM and American Dad that are different, but still)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

MrAristocrates posted:

What's going on? Is there some time zone fuckery happening?

It's almost like there are multiple rick and morty episodes in existence

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Occupation posted:

It's almost like there are multiple rick and morty episodes in existence

Don't think about it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I tend not to trust anything out of [as] over the course of the next 24 hours.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mine says RG, too.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Look, if you're living in a reality where there's no new episode tonight, just configure your cable box to look for shows from other universes. Quit whining, you bunch of Jerrys.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd recommend using crystallized xanthanite. It conducts electrons across dimensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
twenty percent right, as usual, zoux

• Locked thread