Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

According to a report on the Underground, Royce Gracie went backstage looking for Bravo after the 20-minute match, and the MMA legend confirmed the story to MMAFighting.

"I wanted to talk to him for years, but never had the chance to meet him," Royce Gracie told MMAFighting on Monday. "I met him after the fight and he was there, throwing up. Royler dominated him so much, he did so much strength, that he threw up after the fight."

Royce Gracie said he liked what Bravo said on the mat after the rematch, but wasn’t happy with the comments he made about jiu-jitsu and the Gracie family in the past.

"I told him that I liked what he said after the fight, but didn’t like the fact that he always talked trash about Royler and my family," he said. "He stood up and started yelling, so I also raised the tone of my voice and told him I didn’t like it."

"He said he always gave my family credit, but I know it’s not true," Gracie continued. "He always talks trash about my family. Enough with this s---. He said he never talked bad about my family and he always gave us credit. He kept raising the tone of his voice, and I told him to shut up, so Jean Jacques (Machado) came in, said we didn’t need this and asked (Bravo) to leave."

Royce Gracie hasn’t competed in a grappling match since a controversial loss to Hidehiko Yoshida at PRIDE in 2002, and he won’t consider competing against Eddie Bravo in a future edition of Metamoris. However, he wouldn’t rule out a MMA fight with Bravo.

"Can we slap each other? Can we beat each other?" Gracie replied a laugh when asked if he’d accept to fight Bravo at Metamoris.

"I’m a vale-tudo fighter. I’m not a fighter to score points of fight with time limit. Let’s (fight) with no time limit and with punches allowed. I’m a vale-tudo fighter, I don’t compete in (grappling) tournaments."

What a loving prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

fatherdog posted:

What a loving prick.

That paragraph is a good reason to hate every Gracie

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I want to see Eddie embarrass Royce at a Metamoris show so bad now

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Yuriy posted:

Eh, it seems to mostly be Helio's side of the family that says the stupid poo poo. Carlos's descendants are pretty cool.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Yuriy posted:

Good(ish) Gracies:

Rener
Ryron
Tioki
Clark
Kyra

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I love that Royce thinks his brother dominated or won that match by any metric.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

LobsterMobster posted:

Good(ish) Gracies:

Rener
Ryron
Tioki
Clark
Kyra

Renzo!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mr. Nice! posted:

I love that Royce thinks his brother dominated or won that match by any metric.

Maybe puking is the Gracie subset of Stockton "look at his face, bro" rules?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Stalks people and beats them up randomly

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

LobsterMobster posted:

Stalks people and beats them up randomly

Huh?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Lobstermobster is wrong. Renzo was getting stalked to be mugged and turned it around on the muggers. Renzo is the coolest R gracie.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Good(ish) Gracies:

Rener
Ryron

Oh god no. They're knowledgeable instructors, but also a couple of hucksters. Recently made some youtube videos arguing that their online correspondence course was not only as good as training at a school under a good instructor, but was in fact superior.

As the only Gracie to win an MMA fight within the last year, Neiman is clearly a good Gracie.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Just googled the story. Renzo is crazy, this is known.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Xguard86 posted:

Just googled the story. Renzo is crazy, this is known.

He's far and above the best fighter of the family and is pretty much the nicest as well. He also train Matt Serra. I will not stand for Renzo bashing.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sprecherscrow posted:

Oh god no. They're knowledgeable instructors, but also a couple of hucksters. Recently made some youtube videos arguing that their online correspondence course was not only as good as training at a school under a good instructor, but was in fact superior.

As the only Gracie to win an MMA fight within the last year, Neiman is clearly a good Gracie.

Everybody's gotta hustle

Also, okay, yeah, Renzo is Pretty Good when he isn't raccooning dudes.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's far and above the best fighter of the family and is pretty much the nicest as well. He also train Matt Serra. I will not stand for Renzo bashing.

Also, he's an incredibly witty guy even when speaking English. Wit across two languages is kind of amazing. Plus the introduction to the book he wrote with Danaher (a standalone essay called The Deadly Technique Fallacy) should've put an end to all sport vs. street debates years ago. A perfect illustration of what Jigoro Kano did to change the way martial arts were taught.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
royce demands special rules for arguing with a man covered in vomit

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Triticum Guzzler posted:

royce demands special rules for arguing with a man covered in vomit

hahahahahahaha

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

ChampRamp posted:

I want to see Eddie embarrass Royce at a Metamoris show so bad now

Like Royce wouldn't have the decision reversed immediately

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I like that Royce wants vale tudo rules because it says to me he knows he won't be able to beat Eddie on the ground, so his only saving grac(i)e is his vaunted Royce Striking

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

I like that Royce wants vale tudo rules because it says to me he knows he won't be able to beat Eddie on the ground, so his only saving grac(i)e is his vaunted Royce Striking

It says to me that he doesn't want the fight to happen because he knows Eddie would never agree to that and also it would make the logistics of it much more difficult.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
wobbly push kick

wobbly push kick

wobbly push kick

Decades fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 29, 2018

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Eddie designed most of his game acknowledging punching. So it would be even more hilarious watching him give Royce the yoga stretch while winging right hands.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Most of the Gracies are fine, Royce has just always been a special flower. It made him rich so I can see why he'd keep going with it but basically everything he says in public makes him look like a prick or is some variation of "the problem is they didn't do enough jiu jitsu"

dokomoy
May 21, 2004

fatherdog posted:

What a loving prick.

Interviewer should have asked Royce if his match with Wallid had a time limit.

Yuriy posted:

Judging people for the actions of family members they don't hardly interact with seems pretty silly.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I met A Gracie and he was really nice. It was the one that runs a place in Hawaii and a whole bunch of satellite ones in the US.

E: Relson

Detroit_Dogg fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 31, 2014

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Relson is cool and just as crazy as Renzo but in a different way. Royler is kind of weird and intense.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Do Royler and Rickson get along? They seem very similar but then again that might be a problem when you're brothers and super competitive.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

Bravo on JRE just went live.

Edit: They just called Ralek to get permission to watch the match on air to talk about it. Ralek is added to list of cool Gracies by granting permission.

Sprecherscrow fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 31, 2014

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
When are the R's pronounced as H's.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

When are the R's pronounced as H's.

Pronounced as an H when it starts the word, pronounced normally otherwise.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I've heard the h sound used for both the R's in Ribeiro. Is that just a mistake?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Isn't it also (sometimes) pronounced as H when it is double Rs? Because I've heard dudes named Bezerra called Bez-ey-ha

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Isn't it also (sometimes) pronounced as H when it is double Rs? Because I've heard dudes named Bezerra called Bez-ey-ha

Yeah, double-Rs are also Hs.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
I thought double-r's were when you do that trilling sound

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Kekekela posted:

I thought double-r's were when you do that trilling sound

That's in Spanish.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@VinnyMMA 2m
"Royler dominated him so much, he did so much strength, that he threw up after the fight." - Royce Gracie after stealing @eddiebravo's weed

The only logical explanation from Vinny

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

fatherdog posted:

Thanks, I was genuinely curious.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

The most confusing Gracie is Rickson. Do I hate him? Is he cool? I don't know. This keeps me up at nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Eddie Bravo posted:

[Royler and I] went 20 hard minutes, I was so emotional, my mom is there, I’m crying, and it was just crazy, and after it was all done I had to throw up. It was like I had an Ayahuasca trip or something. So I’m throwing up on the side of the tent, and Jean-Jacques Machado is there and my film crew -- I have a documentary film crew following me around, and they were all there filming me throw-up -- and I hear this voice behind me. ‘It’s good that you said those things about my family.’ I’m like, who is this? I turn around, and it was Royce Gracie. He goes, ‘you say what you say, because you used to talk sh-- about my family.’ And I’m like, dude I never talked sh-- on your family, who is telling you these lies?"

I’m pointing, I have my finger up, and I said, ‘I thank you, I thank Royler, I thank his father [Helio],’ and [Royce] thought that was disrespectful because I was pointing at him. He said, ‘don’t you point your finger at me, don’t you disrespect me,’ and he gets in my face like he wants to fight me. And [my teacher] Jean-Jacques Machado separates us. And I’m like, man, Royce Gracie wants to kick my rear end -- how cool is that? That’s the coolest sh-- ever.

I’ve always been super-respectful of the Gracies. As a matter of fact, in my first book, Jiu-Jitsu Unleashed, which came out in 2005, in the beginning I write about each Gracie. Individually. Royce Gracie, Helio Gracie, Royler Gracie. I write about them and give them the ultimate tribute and the respect, and how they affected my life personally. I wanted to right out of the box squash all these misconceptions about me, that I’m against jiu-jitsu, that I’m a jiu-jitsu traitor and all this sh--…and how I disrespected the Gi and dropped the Gi. I dropped the Gi for jiu-jitsu, to make jiu-jitsu look better for the UFC. The UFC got me into jiu-jitsu, jiu-jitsu didn’t get me into the UFC.

I constantly make it clear. I mean, I’m in the jiu-jitsu business. I’d have to be a complete retard to disrespect the Gracies and not acknowledge and respect what they’ve done in the world of martial arts. I would have zero followers if I started talking sh-- on the Gracies.

[...]

I don’t think Metamoris would ever want me back, to tell you the truth. I haven’t heard from [Metamoris founder] Ralek Gracie at all. He hasn’t texted me or called me or just to thank me. That’s what you kind of feel like, when somebody puts on a great show in the UFC like [Stephan] Bonnar or [Forrest] Griffin, Dana White is texted them that night thanking them. I haven’t heard from Ralek at all. I think he might be mad at me, I don’t know.

I just blew his show up, I blew it out of the water. I mean, his best [Metamoris] performance was 9,000 pay-per-views, which is great for a jiu-jitsu event. This one had to be, with of all Joe Rogan’s promotion because I was involved, he had to have hit 20,000 pay-per-views at least, maybe 30,000. That’s $400,000-$500,000, and I haven’t heard from the guy. He’s got to be mad at me. I don’t think that Metamoris will ever have me back.

[...]

Right now I don’t want to think about anything. I will compete again, but I don’t want to think about anything for a while and relax. Royce Gracie’s calling and all that sh--, I think it’s a beautiful thing man, that Royce Gracie’s calling me out. And I would not do an MMA fight with him, so he can get that out of his head. But a jiu-jitsu match? Sh--, Royler’s better than Royce, so we’ll see maybe later if he wants to do some jiu-jitsu.