Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So I just started on Kamen Rider W. "SHOTARO I'VE MADE AN AMAZING DISCOVERY YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF! TAKOYAKI!"

I wanna hug Phillip so bad.

EDIT: Six episodes in and my urge to hug Phillip is only becoming stronger. He's mega cute. Not sure what I think of the two part structure (it's my first exposure to it). The first two pairs of episodes worked together pretty well, but the whole "there's ANOTHER IDENTICAL MONSTER" of episodes 5/6 felt kinda forced and a bit lame. Phillip saved the plot at least by being cool as heck.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
ToQGer vs Kyoryuger:

Torin comes back in handpuppet form

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

jonjonaug posted:

So I just started on Kamen Rider W. "SHOTARO I'VE MADE AN AMAZING DISCOVERY YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF! TAKOYAKI!"

I wanna hug Phillip so bad.

EDIT: Six episodes in and my urge to hug Phillip is only becoming stronger. He's mega cute. Not sure what I think of the two part structure (it's my first exposure to it). The first two pairs of episodes worked together pretty well, but the whole "there's ANOTHER IDENTICAL MONSTER" of episodes 5/6 felt kinda forced and a bit lame. Phillip saved the plot at least by being cool as heck.

Im just finishing up(ep43) W now as my 2nd ever full Rider series watched (Wizard being the only other one i've finished) and I've really enjoyed everything about this series except one thing

gently caress AKIKO.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Pyronic posted:

Im just finishing up(ep43) W now as my 2nd ever full Rider series watched (Wizard being the only other one i've finished) and I've really enjoyed everything about this series except one thing

gently caress AKIKO.

I was going to ask this since I've been getting into W...Does she ever tone it down or is it all sandal slappin all the time?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
She gets better.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Akiko never really chills out but she gets context and does some pretty cool things and that helps put her over a bit.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
I readily admit to hating the poo poo out of Akiko when I first started watching (and the first half of the Sweets arc is basically her at her most obnoxious for me -- the second half, she's pretty cool) but over time I've mellowed out on her, especially after learning her background.
I guess going from hate to love is a W fan's rite of passage, considering just how many people I've talked to have felt the same way.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

I liked Akiko the whole time through. v:shobon:v

Besides, the real 'hate into love' character in W is Terui Ryu.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Brother Entropy posted:

I liked Akiko the whole time through. v:shobon:v

Besides, the real 'hate into love' character in W is Terui Ryu.

Also pay attention to these two any time they're together on screen. There's a plot point that a lot of people think just comes out of nowhere but they do spend some time in the background of shots to make it make a bit more sense.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
We all love the gay men in the shiny bug and rainbow outfits

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Kanpai Senshi After V sounds like it could be cool.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, I'm going with the consensus. Akiko was annoying at the start, but around the mid teens or so, I started getting used to her. She's a great character and a great part of the Narumi Detective Agency.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Man, Fruit Chew Chew (TQG vs Gaim) was a pretty fun palate cleanser for a week, even if the continuity problems caused me to have a mild hemmorage :allears:

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Solaris Knight posted:

Man, Fruit Chew Chew (TQG vs Gaim) was a pretty fun palate cleanser for a week, even if the continuity problems caused me to have a mild hemmorage :allears:

Considering that Narutaki is there, you can blame all continuity problem on Decade. As it should be.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I haven't actually watched Decade, but I find the idea of him being connected to the Rainbow Line somehow super tantalizing, and most likely impossible to come up again :negative:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Do I need to be caught up on Gaim to watch the crossover?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Some Numbers posted:

Do I need to be caught up on Gaim to watch the crossover?

If you're currently watching Gaim, catch up first. Kouta makes use of stuff introduced in the latest episode.

If you aren't than it shouldn't matter, it's easy enough to follow.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

jonjonaug posted:

If you're currently watching Gaim, catch up first. Kouta makes use of stuff introduced in the latest episode.

If you aren't than it shouldn't matter, it's easy enough to follow.

I just started watching. I'm about three episodes in. I guess I can put off watching TQG for a couple of weeks.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Some Numbers posted:

I just started watching. I'm about three episodes in. I guess I can put off watching TQG for a couple of weeks.

Oh yeah wow definitely don't watch it then.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Twisty of Fate posted:

We all love the gay men in the shiny bug and rainbow outfits

Mods please change the thread title to this

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Twisty of Fate posted:

Mods please change the thread title to this

No, it should be "We all love the gay men in the shiny bug and rainbow outfits. Still blaming Decade"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of Decade and the latest crossover ep: whats-his-name showing up out of a dimensional rift with a monkey puppet was pretty much the best thing I've ever seen.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Dante Logos posted:

No, it should be "We all love the gay men in the shiny bug and rainbow outfits. Still blaming Decade"

Haha that works

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

jivjov posted:

Speaking of Decade and the latest crossover ep: whats-his-name showing up out of a dimensional rift with a monkey puppet was pretty much the best thing I've ever seen.

I swear this is the first time I actually liked Narutaki. If Toei will keep not telling us who the hell he is while having him pop up in every crossover ever for no reason other than his rampant hate for Decade, then please, let him keep the puppet.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Have mine. Kabuto's a goddamn trainwreck, and not the entertaining kind. Sad, because I love the suits and most of the secondary Riders, but the series completely derails...by episode 30, if I don't badly remember, and never recovers, it can never decide if we're meant to take Tendou as a fun exaggeration of a perfect character or a true, godly perfect character that everyone should love despite being an rear end in a top hat to literally everyone except his family, and the Natives are boring as hell.

Ah, the Dark Kitchen two-parter. Tendou cooks far less food after that, which is part of the decline in Kabuto's quality. But it's helped by having the bosom BDSM brothers, PunchHopper and KickHopper.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaze Dragon posted:

I swear this is the first time I actually liked Narutaki. If Toei will keep not telling us who the hell he is while having him pop up in every crossover ever for no reason other than his rampant hate for Decade, then please, let him keep the puppet.

He's Diend. Dude keeps talkin poo poo, dislikes Decade, occasionally starts villainous poo poo, and is probably a costume/disguise for someone else. Narutaki is Diend.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Narutaki is the emboidment of fans who hate random crap happening for no reason

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Akiko owns and always did

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

The TOQger crossover is great because the expressions on everyones faces match up with my own as I'm watching it.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Rei_ posted:

The TOQger crossover is great because the expressions on everyones faces match up with my own as I'm watching it.

Pretty much me. I haven't gotten around to any Vs movies yet but I'm loving seeing everything mashed together. Are they usually people from the Rider side not knowing what to make of the Sentai? The scene where Takatora says a giant robot is ridiculous was such an obvious joke but I still laughed.

Fooley fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 31, 2014

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Fooley posted:

The scene where Takatora says a giant robot is ridiculous was such an obvious joke but I still laughed.

Agreed.

As someone who's only tried Gaim, though, the last... ten? minutes or so were a bit baffling. I assume I'm supposed to be lost there?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The last 10 minutes were pretty much the characters directly saying "WATCH KAMEN RIDER WAR."

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

If I'm not up to date on ToQger, is it worth watching if I'm up to date on Gaim? Or can I safely put it on the backburner until then.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

everythingWasBees posted:

If I'm not up to date on ToQger, is it worth watching if I'm up to date on Gaim? Or can I safely put it on the backburner until then.

As someone who was: only thing it'll possibly spoil is a toy or two. You're golden.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

No strawberry arms with Tokkyu #1??? I demand a refund

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

There also should have been a part where they switch lines then all the riders switch lock seeds

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

In retrospect it was bad

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So does byob have some kinda central office they used to assign you to this thread or

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Rei_ posted:

So does byob have some kinda central office they used to assign you to this thread or

Dude twisty has been posting here for a while. Straight up toku fan twisty is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Rei_ posted:

Wrong forum. Dude's from the pink forums, and a beloved poster.

• Locked thread