Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011

quote:

That's a lot of family. And pretty messed up as well, including the one annoying red-haired brother. No wonder her daughter ran off.

Might as well do 2x Foreign Affairs. We've got a small bonus and have yet to really see anything of the sort anyway, it might help out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Iceclaw posted:

We now have a skill called "Cruelty". Alright then. Expecting those plucky heroes any day now. In the meantime, let's compound our new status a JRPG villain with some foreign intelligence*2.

Technically, we've always had it - there are a bunch of things that can raise it, but nothing that can lower it, so you can't kick a half-dozen puppies and then adopt an orphan or whatever.

And since we are apparently sufficiently cruel to spurn a well-intentioned gift (or embarrass Alice by making her take the gift, I'm not really sure which is the cruel part), we should train reflexes x2 so that when the heroes show up we can dodge their attacks.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
We should probably strive to get out of yielding and train some other skills like foreign intelligence but for now, Foreign affairs x2 will do.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

2x Novan History, to know the best way to oppress your proles.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Oh hey, reference to a M/M relationship to go with all the F/F ones. Nova is truly a progressive realm, or sounding more and more like a CK2 mod.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Her vocal chords are really terrible. voice and public speaking

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Trade and Composure. The 90+ skills. They hurt. :(

Archenteron posted:

or sounding more and more like a CK2 mod.
Poor Alice.

Speaking of Alice, why was forcing the pillow on her evil enough to warrant gaining cruelty?

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 31, 2014

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Presence and Public Speaking. How can we be a proper villain if we can't make a grand villainous speech?

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Complete Composure, then start working on our Internal Affairs.

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

MegaZeroX posted:

A new mechanic! As you probably have noticed, we don't have any skills called "cruelty." Cruelty is a hidden skill that the game keeps track of, but you can't see yourself. The way to increase cruelty is by doing cruel things. Cruelty is used for passing certain skill checks (like this one), and for determining certain parts of the ending.

Oh. Oh dear. :(

Since we've more or less cemented ourselves onto the villainous path, let's have some foreign intelligence and public speaking. We can't be a lawful evil dictator without those.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Double Foreign Intelligence

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Composure, then Court Manners. We will face our foes with icy calm and dazzle them with proper etiquette.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

How can we be a true Econoprincess if we can't even finish trade? Complete composure while we're at it.

Yes, this.

C'mon guys, Elodie ain't evil. She's just letting the Free Market decide some issues like not accepting a gift from a powerful noble.

Anyway, if were an evil JRPG final boss, we'd have powerful magic or be a skilled fighter. We're at worse a powerful antagonist who will be killed off screen later in the game to make way for the true cosmic threat.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

GrizzlyCow posted:

Yes, this.

C'mon guys, Elodie ain't evil. She's just letting the Free Market decide some issues like not accepting a gift from a powerful noble.

Anyway, if were an evil JRPG final boss, we'd have powerful magic or be a skilled fighter. We're at worse a powerful antagonist who will be killed off screen later in the game to make way for the true cosmic threat.

We're the evil corporate boss. We don't need magic or fighting skills, we have off the book mercenaries, and an army of lawyers to grant us plausible deniability and countersue any that dare impugn us.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Composure to max it out, Presence so we can work on 100%ing that whole skill type branch.

Really would be a waste to increase Trade if we're never taking off the tux.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Elodie is more like an plutocratic great inquisitor who swore to destroy all heathen magic. That's why she also maxed out faith. And that's likely the way she grinded her cruelty skill.
To be honest, that prospect is even scarier than being a random stupid villian. She is a religious fanatic, who really believes in the cause.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Poil posted:

Poor Alice.

Speaking of Alice, why was forcing the pillow on her evil enough to warrant gaining cruelty?

I'm not sure we gained cruelty - we may just have passed the check for being cruel enough. I'm also not sure how to tell, because none of the actions that increase that stat say that they're doing so at the time.

(It's the same way for another 'hidden' stat, Lassi (i.e. money) - sometimes events tell you "I need to borrow 875 lassi", and sometimes it's just "there is now a hole in your dungeons and you have to pay to fix it", but either way there is no {-875 Lassi} bubble that pops up, unlike classes where it tells you that the class raised the appropriate subject by .8 or 8.8 or 18.8.)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Right, basically giving a thoughtful gift to a house servent is a Dick MoveTM The game had to check and make sure we were baller enough to do it, before it would let us toss that pillow at the nearest warm body.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Trade to complete our education in Economics, and Court Manners, so we know better than to give away gifts from high-ranking nobles in the future. Surely, annoying a woman who's apparently related to half the nobility was a wise move on our part.

One Room Disco
Dec 23, 2013
Elegance and Foreign Intelligence. Elodie needs to be classy, as any evil boss queen should be, as well as informed enough to see her enemies coming.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Composure to finally max it out, and Presence because it has the highest bonus for training.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
What have we Goons done... AHAHAHAAHA!

Go Willful so we can get an Intrigue bonus, but for now, keep pumping Royal Demeanor (x2).

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Air is lava! posted:

Elodie is more like an plutocratic great inquisitor who swore to destroy all heathen magic. That's why she also maxed out faith. And that's likely the way she grinded her cruelty skill.
To be honest, that prospect is even scarier than being a random stupid villian. She is a religious fanatic, who really believes in the cause.

And her fanaticism is starting to give her superpowers:

Meditation posted:

80: You discover that if you put yourself into the right state of mind, your entire body begins to glow faintly.

90: You discover that if you put yourself into the right frame of mind, you really can see with your eyes closed.

100: You discover that if you put yourself into the right frame of mind, you can sense things happening in nearby rooms, even behind closed doors.

Either she has ESP now or she's going batshit insane and is on the verge of having half of the castle staff executed for treason based on what she thinks they said behind her back about the pillow debacle.

Oh yeah, whenever I update the full skill dump now, I'll just link it offsite on the SSLP test post thing that MegaZeroX referred me to. Here's the most recent:

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=17760

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 1, 2014

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Foreign Affairs and Novan History

Because those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. :colbert: Who knows, there may be a huge debt Nova would have to repay if we piss off the wrong people.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

And her fanaticism is starting to give her superpowers:

Either she has ESP now or she's going batshit insane and is on the verge of having half of the castle staff executed for treason based on what she thinks they said behind her back about the pillow debacle.

I think it's creepier if she actually can sense what's going on behind locked doors, and therefore that is the option I prefer. :tinfoil:

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

We now have a skill called "Cruelty". Alright then. Expecting those plucky heroes any day now. In the meantime, let's compound our new status a JRPG villain with some foreign intelligence*2.

Looks good to me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

AJ_Impy posted:

We're the evil corporate boss. We don't need magic or fighting skills, we have off the book mercenaries, and an army of lawyers to grant us plausible deniability and countersue any that dare impugn us.
That's all well and good until Sephiroth stakes you to your desk with an impractical sword.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Or she's a known magic user and they can't write skill descriptions around whether we have or don't have our power gem.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

C... posted:

Or she's a known magic user and they can't write skill descriptions around whether we have or don't have our power gem.

Divination and Meditation are unrelated to Lumen powers, despite being in the Mysticism skill group - "You practice watching people and willing them to feel your gaze on them. Inevitably, they will be drawn to you," from the presence classes, sounds pretty magical too, but Elodie can become just that royal, and similarly she can become just that... uh... faith-y.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh, I just noticed! This thread really did go Gold! Congratulations, MegaZeroX! It's well deserved!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

AJ_Impy posted:

How can we be a true Econoprincess if we can't even finish trade? Complete composure while we're at it.

Yeah, this.

Also I had no idea the cruelty skill actually existed :psyduck:

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Clearly, we must work hard toward increasing cruelty whenever we are able. Until then, maxing out trade and composure will have to do.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Poil posted:

Because the whole reason we didn't keep it ourselves is because we suspect its an assassination attempt.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
We need to stay alive, REFLEXES x2

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

The Lone Badger posted:

Because the whole reason we didn't keep it ourselves is because we suspect its an assassination attempt.

Either that, or refusing a gift is a snub, but it's no more a snub than actually sending a pillow in the first place. If you make the Intrigue check involved, EDIT: stuff happens. It's just as goddamn adorable as Joslyn choking up when you honor dear old Mom.

e: I assume it's kinda okay to spoil check results that don't actually affect a choice? :ohdear:

e2: It's not okay. :ohdear:

Dareon fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 2, 2014

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Court Manners x 2 to finish it off. Just because we're ruthless doesn't mean we can't be polite about it!

As an aside, I ended up buying this game because of this thread, so cheers, MegaZeroX. I haven't gone the econoprincess route yet mostly because I want to see how this run plays out.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Tradeand composure is the way to go. That new Cruelty thing is rather interesting.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

I'm not going to be home until 6 or 7, so expect the update to come around 7 or 8 PM EST.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Court Manners x2. How else are we going to best know how to politely insult the hell out of someone? Just because we're practical about the most important things (MONIES) doesn't mean we can't be classy about it :P

And the Fabutux 3000 maxes our econ stats across the board, so there's no need to delve into Trade. It's not like we're going to be taking it off like, ever. Official Theconocracy holy garb and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Samuel posted:

We need to stay alive, REFLEXES x2

this

• Locked thread