Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Corey Anderson is 3 runs from 2 overs. loving madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

I have to say that the programming and maths behind the "Expected Score" graphic is quite clever. It's been dead on in a number of matches, IIRC.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Was that the first time they mentioned the concurrently-running Women's T20 at all? I haven't heard a peep about it really.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good little collapse this.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And New Zealand do a New Zealand.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
NZ can't gently caress this up. (famous last words)

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
the fuckkk :stare:

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PaganGoatPants posted:

NZ can't gently caress this up. (famous last words)

can and will

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Hahahaha

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
New Zealand.txt

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So many sides wanting to do the pathetic total thing. They must not like the food.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goatface posted:

So many sides wanting to do the pathetic total thing. They must not like the food.

I think in about 10-15 years it'll all come out and this will forever be known as the World Cup of Bribery 2014.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

4 wickets for 1 run.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Anderson not going to bat either so they're currently 6 down.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They might as well walk out there without bats.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

They might as well walk out there without bats.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
gently caress off new zealand england worked hard to get that low score!!!

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Can we get Corey Anderson back from the hospital?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
What's the T20 record for highest percentage of team runs scored by one batsman?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Statsguru appears to be a bit overloaded.

edit - Maybe this one: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/356016.html ? Gayle with 63 out of 101, or 90 if you discount extras.

though I'm quite fond of this one: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/473920.html

goatface fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 31, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Comedy loving gold.

edit - Ahahaha, and Aggers calling Senanayake a chucker.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gambrinus posted:

What's the T20 record for highest percentage of team runs scored by one batsman?

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283996.html

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Boring, predictable England

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Should've picked Samit.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Feel kinda sorry for NZ. But holy poo poo, England v Netherlands is absolute comedy gold! That result alone alomst makes this lovely tornament worth it.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

For reals the best moment of this tournament was Faulker being a bellend and getting Darren Sammyed.

Feral Jesus
Oct 9, 2003
Any bets on the number of days between losing to Holland and Giles getting appointed full coach?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Start of May, maybe? Enough time for the fallout to settle, "easy" game against Scotland to get started, then some short form to work out the kinks before Tests finally pick up in June.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Now Carberry is telling us how poo poo Giles is, and other things

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/31/michael-carberry-ashley-giles-england-kevin-pietersen-ashes

quote:

Asked if he felt he had received more constructive feedback from the opposition than his own team, Carberry said: "Yeah, I would say so. I've played against enough Australians to know they're very cagey with their compliments so I must have shown a glimpse of something for them to say: 'Look, mate, you stood up through some serious spells …'"

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

It's so good how this Ashley Giles business is going as badly as everyone hoped

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel Richie posted:

It's so good how this Ashley Giles business is going as badly as everyone hoped

Its exactly how everyone expected it to be.

Theres a twitter rumour going around that Giles didnt want Dernbach dropped and Broad had to force it through.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat, that would be great if true.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

quote:

I've been in the game a long time and you know some guys get given a shorter rope than others. I'm probably going to be a bit controversial here but throughout my England career, even as a schoolboy, I've always had that shorter rope – for some reason

oi oi

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
there's another story up with everything in it like how the ECB wouldn't let Carberry's mum watch him play http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/31/michael-carberry-england-ashes

quote:

Flights and accommodation for every wife or girlfriend of all the other England players were paid for as they were reunited for Christmas and the Melbourne Test. In another sign of managerial insensitivity, only Carberry's request that his mother be his invited guest was denied. "Apparently it's ECB policy. It's mainly for guys with their kids and when they have long-term partners or wives, and I have neither. But it would've been nice because my mum's never seen me play Test cricket. It would've been especially nice at the MCG, in front of 92,000 people, to see your son walk out. That doesn't happen too often in a lifetime. So it was disappointing."

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
We all said at the time that Carberry was going to be the first head on the block if it didnt go well due to his 'face not fitting'. He was one of the two players to come out of that mauling with their heads up.

The other one they fired from a cannon for calling Cook a poo poo captain.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Scylo posted:

there's another story up with everything in it like how the ECB wouldn't let Carberry's mum watch him play http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/31/michael-carberry-england-ashes

Aw poor guy, that sucks :(

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Why wouldn't they fly his mum out. That's pretty crazy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Why wouldn't they fly his mum out. That's pretty crazy.

Well. I can give you one reason straight away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

This is all happening too quickly, Giles won't be getting the job at this rate and we'll end up with Peter Moores again. A man who, after a close defeat to New Zealand in a random ODI got all the players to go straight back outside and do a full training session on the pitch to show them how "up for it" they were, because he'd read it in Michael Jordan's autobiography or something. The New Zealand players were sat on the balcony with a beer laughing their tits off.

• Locked thread