Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I will say this feels like a rushed transition for Megatron, but I like the potential of this more than Mass Murder Iz Fun! Megs. I hope Roberts justifies this thoroughly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm thinking of throwing my SDCC Metroplex up on eBay, if I do would anyone want to buy him in this thread? I thought maybe give goons the first dibs.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RaspberryCommie posted:

People liked Costa's run?
There's a bunch of great ideas that came out of Costa's run but I think anyone who says they liked "the run" is just trolling, or as Keldroc says, is a Geewunner who just hungers for a closer to that style run.

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010

Keldroc posted:

If nothing else, the internet has taught me that nothing is so good that someone out there won't have lovely enough taste to hate it. Skimming that page it mostly looks like a bad case of GEEWUN gone malignant.

I just think the whole thing is really funny...and that they went so far to make up fake quotes from fictional characters to prove their points?

Hashtag FireJamesRoberts had me going for awhile too.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Jesus, God forbid the Transformers comics do something new and interesting for once instead of rehashing Season 1 of G1.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

Jesus, God forbid the Transformers comics do something new and interesting for once instead of rehashing Season 1 of G1.
But how will we know it is good if it doesn't quote the movie tonally out of context and in bizarre ways?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Till all (instances of Transformers in any media format) are one!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I just blazed through Dark Cybertron in two sittings and I actually enjoyed it! That's the problem with comics, though, isn't it? You show me a comic that's NOT a better read at your own pace rather than 22 pages a month or every two weeks. I hadn't been reading RiD though, so why did Bumblebee and Starscream get new bodies? Just 'cause? Completely thrilled that said little yellow dinkus got himself a brand new gaping chest-hole, though, and if RiD becomes a Prime-and-Starscream led comic now, I might start picking it up, though anyone who's looking more forward to that than Rodimus-and-Megs on MTMTE (this is happening, right? Thought I saw a teaser or something) is nuts. I just hope Megs is genuine in his change of heart, though, because that even beats out good-guy Magneto for most unexpected and welcome comics side-change ever.

In short, that facebook group is SERIOUSLY hosed in the head.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Diet Poison posted:

I just blazed through Dark Cybertron in two sittings and I actually enjoyed it! That's the problem with comics, though, isn't it? You show me a comic that's NOT a better read at your own pace rather than 22 pages a month or every two weeks. I hadn't been reading RiD though, so why did Bumblebee and Starscream get new bodies? Just 'cause? Completely thrilled that said little yellow dinkus got himself a brand new gaping chest-hole, though, and if RiD becomes a Prime-and-Starscream led comic now, I might start picking it up, though anyone who's looking more forward to that than Rodimus-and-Megs on MTMTE (this is happening, right? Thought I saw a teaser or something) is nuts. I just hope Megs is genuine in his change of heart, though, because that even beats out good-guy Magneto for most unexpected and welcome comics side-change ever.

In short, that facebook group is SERIOUSLY hosed in the head.
Well Bumblebee had his face crushed so he was in need of a new one, and Starscream... come to think of it I don't know? I think he walked into an armory and came out with a new body, maybe.

I'm with you on the comics, though. I purposely kept a few issues unread to get a 'bigger' ending by reading many issues at once and I think my strategy worked.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

TheDK posted:

Well Bumblebee had his face crushed so he was in need of a new one, and Starscream... come to think of it I don't know? I think he walked into an armory and came out with a new body, maybe.

I'm with you on the comics, though. I purposely kept a few issues unread to get a 'bigger' ending by reading many issues at once and I think my strategy worked.

Starscream's old body was failing him as a result of the damage it took when Megatron tried to take over Cybertron. They mention in one of the Dark Cyberton prelude issues that a new body was being built for him as he flew around surveying damage.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I can confirm now that Generations Whirl is made of pure joy. What a fun lil' bot!

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

He almost looks like unpainted model kit.

e: who are we kidding

Blackheart posted:

The mold itself looks pretty fun however, shame about the lack of paint. I'm sure he'll be released with a better deco later.

I like the mold for the most part, terrible elbows and head aside. Not sure I'm gonna hold off buying it for months though for the possibility of a "Premium" version.

See what you mean about the feet but that makes the blue shoulders all the more odd

catch22 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 1, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The mold itself looks pretty fun however, shame about the lack of paint. I'm sure he'll be released with a better deco later.

e: what's even weirder is that they actually painted the feet blue for extra G1-ess, when leaving them dark gray at least would break the colorscheme a bit.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 1, 2014

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
In light of recent comic events, I embarked on a project.

Metroplex looks embarrassingly good by comparison.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I choose to mentally title it 'How Spike thinks Dark Cybertron should have ended'

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
No; Chaos sucked.

But this would have been funny.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Don't give them ideas.

I know it's a longshot, but would any of you folks know of a seller in the US with a spare Quakewave set of hands?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Ka0 posted:

Don't give them ideas.

I know it's a longshot, but would any of you folks know of a seller in the US with a spare Quakewave set of hands?

Drop a message to Toy Dojo on Facebook, he might have spares.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Trash-Talk, Cogwheel and My First Blaster arrived today.

Hasbro needs to hire these Maketoy people and give them whatever they need.

They're perfect.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SpikeMcclane posted:

No; Chaos sucked.

But this would have been funny.

Being John Malkobee.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Are all the new toys going to be made out of this cheap-looking plastic? I mean, you're saving me money Hasbro but drat.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

SpikeMcclane posted:

In light of recent comic events, I embarked on a project.

Metroplex looks embarrassingly good by comparison.

Still putting my money on Omega King Bumblecron in that one.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Respawn wins April Fools Day.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's a shame it's not real. What game could not be improved by adding transforming robots?

This haven't been posted, right? It's a character trailer for Transformers Universe. The new Decepticon character is like Ratchet if Ratchet is also religious and gangsta. He even have spinners and looks like he came out of Saints Row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNMGrWsf6Po

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
How is Transformers Universe, anyway?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

How is Transformers Universe, anyway?

Still not open yet.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Third-party Ultra Magnus

http://tfsource.com/kfc/citizen-stack/

I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I can say for certain that KFC's photographer should be fired as soon as possible.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Seeing it's masterpiece-sized I see no reason not to wait for the official one.

But yeah, :laffo: at the "eh sure i'll just snap some promo pics in my living room" shots.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

It's $200 and MP sized when a real one is coming out, so that's a big pass.

Although Citizen Stack is the best name.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Also the real one will presumably be a white Prime in armor, as opposed to "fold back entire cab of truck."

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Captain Magic posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I can say for certain that KFC's photographer should be fired as soon as possible.
I'm pretty sure you can't fire what obviously does not exist.

This is a man taking snaps with his smartphone in his bedroom.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't fire what obviously does not exist.

This is a man taking snaps with his smartphone in his bedroom.

It'd be like saying "TCC's publicist should be fired"

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah, if I get a MP Magnus, I want a white MP-10 in armor. Look, I like Minimus Ambus as much as the next guy, and he didn't have a little Prime inside in the G1 cartoon or Marvel comics, but I had the toy growing up and I want that feature on the MP. I'm cool with RiD, Animated, TFP and any other Magnus not being a white Prime in armor as they're not G1 Magnus. But if it's billed as the best possible toy of the G1 character, I want GEEWUN. If it were MP IDW Magnus, I'd want Minimus, if it were animated, I'd want the hammer. Just isn't complete without those things, you know?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I like the idea of a UM without the white prime cab guy thing. I would be pleased to not pay for that extra piece. But everyone on TFW is reacting like KFC is the devil himself so I won't pre-order this...probably. My fever for a decent Magnus is high.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Yeah I think the appeal of this one is to everyone who wants an MP Magnus who dislikes the whole armor/parts-formy aspect that the HasTak one most likely will have. I would rather have something along those lines in general, I think...but that is a whole lot of loving cab in his chest.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

Yeah I think the appeal of this one is to everyone who wants an MP Magnus who dislikes the whole armor/parts-formy aspect that the HasTak one most likely will have. I would rather have something along those lines in general, I think...but that is a whole lot of loving cab in his chest.

Given the usual 3rd party pricing scale, though, you'll be paying the same or more for a lot less toy.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I actually like the idea of having Ultra Magnus as a single figure too, but not enough to skip the official figure for a third-party. At that scale/price I'd also expect the cab to integrate with the transformation better. It's fine for Titanium Magnus to just have a cab hanging off his back, but for a Masterpiece figure it should at the very least tuck away more.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Well the beauty of having a little white Prime is you can either treat it as an armored up Prime or a single figure and simply never transform the cab. You may prefer G1 cartoon Magnus where he's just a single dude, or the toy where it's armor, but if you include the white Prime then you have the option to pick whichever you prefer. I think armor is more fun and adds more playability vs a straight transformation. This is just personal preference so your mileage may vary, but combiners and super modes are usually fun for me.

Plus I'm weird and a little OCD about my robots. If Prime and Magnus don't have matching cabs, it'll bug me. Sorta like how having Hercules next to the fans project combiners would bug me. I will meticulously organize my shelves by style. A lot of people don't and could care less. And that's fine if you don't - it's your collection. Everybody is different.

I was the kind of kid who wouldn't do crossovers between my action figures if they were a different scale. X-Men and Spider-man? A-ok, they were both Marvel and both the same size. X-men and Star Wars? Would drive me nuts. I wouldn't do Wolverine vs. Darth Vader, even as a kid. I was always weird like that. I swear to god I'm not autistic.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 2, 2014

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's kind of weird that classic-style Ultra Magnus hasn't gotten more love from Hasbro in the past. A toy car that can carry around your other toy cars? Sounds like a moneymaker to me.

Last time he was a car carrier truck was RiD wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well the beauty of having a little white Prime is you can either treat it as an armored up Prime or a single figure and simply never transform the cab. You may prefer G1 cartoon Magnus where he's just a single dude, or the toy where it's armor, but if you include the white Prime then you have the option to pick whichever you prefer.

Yeah if there could only be one big Magnus forever and ever then yeah, separate white bot is the definitive. But having an alternative for the rest of us is also a good thing.