Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Call me a stickler but a top 5 list shouldn't have 7 names on it.

There's 8 in his top 5 WR group. That's how good this draft is, you can't confine them to numbers, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Anyone but Bortles.tm

Butthead
May 31, 2011
A lot of similarities between Bridgewater and Brian Brohm.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Butthead posted:

A lot of similarities between Bridgewater and Brian Brohm.

Except Teddy played in a more traditional pro style offense and performed better than Brohm on nearly every statistical measurement. Plus Teddy has a consistent increase in completion percentage every year along with y/a while Brohm's actually dropped after his first two years. I don't actually see many similarities at all other than school. Bridgewater reminds me more of Pennington or maybe even Matt Ryan than Brohm. Not great arm strength but good enough and is great at the mental game along with intermediate/short passing.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'm with relentless boredom, I think Teddy compares nicely to Matt Ryan.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My money's on BW going to a team with an established QB.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I know I say some dumb poo poo and I definitely deserve to be called on it, but I want you all to remember this next time I make fun of Mayock.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

My money's on BW going to a team with an established QB.

Is this a roundabout way of saying you think the Bengals or maybe Chiefs will take him or do you think he falls to the third or so where that happens more often? I don't even know who else might be in a position to do that earlyish (and KC really isn't, honestly), I guess Cardinals maybe?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Chichevache posted:

I know I say some dumb poo poo and I definitely deserve to be called on it, but I want you all to remember this next time I make fun of Mayock.

Nah Mike Mayock is actually retarded and no one can tell because they're focused on his lisp

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Is this a roundabout way of saying you think the Bengals or maybe Chiefs will take him or do you think he falls to the third or so where that happens more often? I don't even know who else might be in a position to do that earlyish (and KC really isn't, honestly), I guess Cardinals maybe?

I just think he's gonna be undervalued by teams that need an answer right now because he needs to bulk up a bit. I could see him going to the Rams with their #2, or maybe Pit or the Giants. Someone with a QB on the tail end who's had a few injuries.

If I were drafting I'd want Teddy, but I'm woefully under-qualified and don't even watch more than five or six college games a year. For whatever reason coaches seem to overvalue physical traits as a liability. Seems like a guy showing fundamental mental flaws always gets overlooked at QB, players drop for size much more often.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 1, 2014

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
:allears:

quote:

Sammy Watkins ‏@sammywatkins 30m
I heard the Raiders stadium is crazy

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

No Allen Robinson. smh

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

quote:

Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi 2h
Fresno State QB Derek Carr, on Sirius XM 'Late Hits' said private workout w/ #Browns "went exactly how we wanted it to. " ...

Rad, another late first round QB pick. This has worked the last two times we did it and didn't suck poo poo at all.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Alex Smith sucks. Teddy Bridgewater owns. Teddy needs to be a Chief but he won't because that would be dumb. The end

Reminder that you said the same thing about Geno Smith, and Geno Smith sucks rear end.

I really don't give a poo poo about how people rank the quarterbacks but that's because my team is extremely unlikely to draft one before like the third round.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant
O'Brien says his system will allow QB to make decision at line of scrimmage. Will use "formation indicators" to help him make that decision.

Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant
O'Brien likes accuracy over a cannon of an arm for starting QB in NFL. Wants him to be hardest working guy on team. #Texans

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant
O'Brien says his system will allow QB to make decision at line of scrimmage. Will use "formation indicators" to help him make that decision.

Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant
O'Brien likes accuracy over a cannon of an arm for starting QB in NFL. Wants him to be hardest working guy on team. #Texans

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

So AJ McCarron then.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PrinceRandom posted:

So AJ McCarron then.

He won't even work to make people draft him though.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Grittybeard posted:

He had the greatest pre-draft workout ever though. It's called "Two-Time BCS Champion".

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

He not-worked his way into like everybodies top 5 qb which is both mind-blowingly stupid and incredibly irritating.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant

Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

So you quote that and leave out the bits about Clowney? :v:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I hope the Texans sign their draft pick tomorrow and then you guys have nothing to slap fight over for the next month

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Declan MacManus posted:

I hope the Texans sign their draft pick tomorrow and then you guys have nothing to slap fight over for the next month

this would be preferred.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

What did Brees have to do with anything

He should have taken the Eli route and demanded to be traded from the awful, awful Chargers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Call me a stickler but a top 5 list shouldn't have 7 names on it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Parmesan Basil posted:

this would be preferred.

Don't get upset just because this draft has players that actually justify the #1 pick.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kirios posted:

Don't get upset just because this draft has players that actually justify the #1 pick.

Lol yeah like Blake bortles

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Excluding RB, TE, and how he ranked the QBs, I 100% agree with Mayock's list.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lol yeah like Blake bortles

Blake Bortles would have probably been the #1 pick last year.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Kirios posted:

Blake Bortles or Alex Smith. The question of the century.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kirios posted:

Derek Carr would have been the #1 pick last year. That draft really blew.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kirios posted:

He has a chance to be it this year. So what's that tell you?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That 2014 is a much deeper and superior draft? In 2013 there's a near certainty that Bortles would have been the clear #1 pick. There was no Clowney, Robinson, Bridgewater, Bortles, hell even Manziel or Mack in that draft. A loving left tackle from Central Michigan got taken #1 overall last year because of potential. That's how terrible that draft was.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Sure was! We knew it at the time though. The defense panned out so far but most of the offensive players from 2013 are struggling mightily.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Eh I'm pretty satisfied with DeAndre Hopkins honestly.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
In terms of prospects 2014 has four that are head and shoulders above anyone from 2013. Clowney Matthews Robinson and Mack.

The rest are about the same. This draft has much more depth, and everyone has known that for quite some time.

I'm just setting this all up for your inevitable spin if the texans take Blake bortles first in this draft because l o loving l that'd be beautiful

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I think if you take Bortles you also have to take Storm Johnson with your next pick, it's like a law or something

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've been on record quite a few times that I'm not looking forward to the inevitable Bortles at #1 pick. I have no idea what you're talking about AAA DOLFAN. I seem to recall you being way too hyped with Tannehill when the Dolphins drafted him...somewhat hypocritical of you to act like that.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Alouicious posted:

I think if you take Bortles you also have to take Storm Johnson with your next pick, it's like a law or something

It's a shame he has such a good HB name but he is a really underwhelming prospect that will probably become a UDFA.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doltos posted:

It's a shame he has such a good HB name but he is a really underwhelming prospect that will probably become a UDFA.

hey man I don't know what you're talking abou-*drops keyboard*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Doltos posted:

Sure was! We knew it at the time though. The defense panned out so far but most of the offensive players from 2013 are struggling mightily.
Hey Lane Johnson got better over time but man was he bad at the beginning

• Locked thread