Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

And besides, everyone knows that the First Avenger costume is his best besides flag-toga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I seriously considered getting his Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. costume, but I just can't deal with that weird glowy holoshield whatever. It looks like a Starlight peppermint.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

NotALizardman posted:

And besides, everyone knows that the First Avenger costume is his best besides flag-toga.

You are a god among men.

Speaking of Cap, any datamining show his Winter Soldier costume yet?

Edit: Found it. [Removed due to forum breaking]

Not really all that exciting, was hoping for the blue shield from the trailers, but who am I kidding? I'll still get it.

Diabetic fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 1, 2014

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

The two characters I didn't have that I most wanted were Ghost Rider and Human Torch. Bought GR, BOGO'd Torch. :smug:

Guess those splinters I was saving up are going towards Deadpool now.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg

Diabetic posted:

You are a god among men.

Speaking of Cap, any datamining show his Winter Soldier costume yet?

They showed it on the stream apparently

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
LUX

I think this guy's spreadsheet is wrong, it is telling me that Scything Sweep and Claw Slash are superior ST dps to Predator's Frenzy (even on bosses) and I seriously don't believe that (maybe Scything, idk, I never tried it, but not Claw Slash).

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Just started playing this, really drat fun game. :) Luke Cage is beast so far!

Too bad I missed that free hero code. :(

edit: meant Luke Cage not Nick Cage...

Bright Future fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 1, 2014

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

TheChad posted:

Just started playing this, really drat fun game. :) Nick Cage is beast so far!

Are you sure? I think it may still be active, can't hurt to try it.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Tried inputting it on the webpage and it said expired code. :(

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Posting this BP build for Sion to put in the big build post. This is a pre-Tiger boots build.

Max: Claw Slash, Predator Frenzy, Panther Soul, Panther Grace, Wrath of Bast

You can either Max Jungle Snare or put 1 pt in Jungle Snare and max Mobile Mine Field instead.

1 Pt Wonders: Blessing of Bast, Unseen Predator

Throw all your extra points into Blessing of Bast.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

TheChad posted:

That blows, I can touch you with my Hulk wiener if that'll make you feel better.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

TheChad posted:

If you mean Luke Cage then yes, Luke Cage is beast. I also missed the free hero code, but after wrapping a huge chain around my wrist and stamping "CAGE" into the pavement, I am having a hard time caring.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TheChad posted:

Did you put it in as ALL CAPS? Sometimes, that seems that matters for these codes...

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Kheldarn posted:

Did you put it in as ALL CAPS? Sometimes, that seems that matters for these codes...

I did, it's expired, it's gone.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

TheChad posted:

My god.... can we get a Nick Cage enhanced costume??

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mahasamatman posted:

They showed it on the stream apparently

I'd like it better without the goofy A hat, but then I guess that's what Director of SHIELD is for

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nomad was Hal Jordan all along!

\/ Ooh, thanks for this, I was digging through the thread because I wanted to work on my BP but was lost with the rework.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 1, 2014

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Good Builds for Bad People
Welcome to the Goon Approved (mostly) Build Post. If you think your Cyclops could be a bigger, better, stronger one eyed monster then you've come to the right place!

Keep in mind that this game gets updated frequently and things get buffed or nerfed on an almost monthly basis but your bread and butter skills should stay bread and butter for a long time. Basic attacks, for example, that are universally agreed upon as being good will probably be good for months to come.

Not all of these builds will go for your playstyle. These builds are not a free pass for you to switch your brain off and not bother looking at other skills, but they're guidelines for what other people have found work for them. A useful website that's got build calculators on it is Marvel Base.(please note a lot of the builds in the popular sections are just builds that have been around for a long time and are awful because the aggregation there is based on total number of views/upvotes over time with no degradation for depreciated builds).

Marvel Base is kind of crappy when it comes up to having icons and powers in the same position so YMMV.

Please suggest more builds for characters that don't have builds!

Black Panther - Last Updated March 30th, 2014.

Rad Valtar posted:

This is a pre-Tiger boots build.
Max: Claw Slash, Predator Frenzy, Panther Soul, Panther Grace, Wrath of Bast
You can either Max Jungle Snare or put 1 pt in Jungle Snare and max Mobile Mine Field instead.
1 Pt Wonders: Blessing of Bast, Unseen Predator
Throw all your extra points into Blessing of Bast.

Eckertmania posted:

Max: Enervating Slash, Slashing Lunge, Savage Strike (might not be necessary, but time will tell), Panther Soul, Panther Grace, Jungle Snare
Put a point in: Blessing of Bast, Unseen Predator, Wrath of Bast (Point Dump when you have extra points from story mode)
Unique needed: Boots of the Coal Tiger

Stack the stuff from Enervating Slash (which goes up to five times), do Slashing Lunge to use all of the stacks for a massive boost in a damage. It's pretty easy. For costume affixes, since he gets a ton of crit rating from a passive, go crit damage. I did the DPS test dummy and killed it in less than 30 seconds (went between 22-28 seconds depending on if I was distracted by stuff from outside of the game or not).

Black Widow - Last Updated May 7th, 2014.

Scrote's McGotes does a good Black Widow.
Ranged Black Widow.
Ronco Showtime helps you Black Widow.

Cable - Last Updated May 7th, 2014.

An awesome thread about Cable from the Official Forums.
Midnight Ghoul has a Cable Build here.
Rufio reminds you that Cable is a soldier and a telepath.

Captain America - Last Updated April 1st, 2014.

Captain America Official Forum Thread.
Cease to Hope: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3620357&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=112#post428847992
Pyronic posted a great build here! This is a real bread and butter build.

Colossus - Last Updated 29th April, 2014.

Colossus Official Forum Thread
Cease To Hope's Colossus Burp: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3620357&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post427572763 - Scroll down past the Scarlet Witch stuff.

Cyclops - Last Updated 2nd May, 2014.

Cyclops Official Forum Thread

AzraelNewtype posted:

Like this, and in the case of Cyclops not really.

Daredevil - Last Updated 29th April, 2014.

Hefty Daredevil post!

Deadpool - Last Updated 29th April, 2014.

Eiffel on You levels deadpool for you.
Captain Bravo disagrees and offers an alternative view.

Dr. Strange - Last Updated 7th May, 2014.

Pyronic helps you with Strange, if things are getting a little too stra- weird.
A New Stragner Appears.

From that point you can max demons of denark for some health regain or a basic for levelling or whatever. Seven suns should probably get threaded between higher cooldown incantations and vapors of valtorr is the main reason you are looking to get the 5 stack reset. The build is very slot heavy, basically any 1 point utility powers are vying for 1 or maybe 2 slots on your bar. The passives are unimpressive even with the 50% boost they get from maxing your stacks.
[/quote]

Emma Frost - Last Updated April 26th, 2014.

How to build a Mental Emma Frost AKA Frostillicus.

Gambit - Last Updated 29th April, 2014.

A Great Big Post by Greywords about Gambit. Read it, learn it, love it.
Strange Matter Helps out Gambit.
Jubelio has decided to make a melee Gambit and this is it here.

Ghost Rider - Last Updated April 5th, 2014.

Ghost Rider Official Forum Thread

Midnightghoul posted:

http://www.marvelbase.com/builds/generator/ghost-rider#v222q22vK2KvvAKvvKv/56.58.34.0.0.0.0.0.198.95 is around what most GR's use as Whirling Chains is easily his best skill. With enough gear + River of Souls + snapshotting Chains Ablaze/contract you can keep it up for an awful long time.

Hawkeye - Last Updated 29th April, 2014.

Hawkeye build. Seems good!

Hulk - Last Updated 2nd May, 2014.

A great post by CL_gibcount 9999 about Hulk. Lots of jumping around and smashin'.

Human Torch - Last Updated 27th May, 2014.

Touzo's human torch!
Eiffel On You's human torch. Apparently awesome.

Invisible Woman - Last Updated 27th May, 2014.
HumanFish gives us a really good invisible woman build.

Iron Man - Last Updated 29th April, 2014.

A good thread with information about Iron Man from the Official Forums.
Iron Man Basic Build. I'd stuff a dump point into Disruptor Beam so you can apply weakness/vulnerability.

me posted:

Artifacts to aim for
beta particle mini
mark of the odinborn
pluvian superconductor
doc ock medallion
advanced supersoldier
OR power prism shard

Stack spirit. Always stack spirit. Stack more spirit and become the end boss of Marvel Heroes.

Jean Grey - Last Updated Feb 2nd, 2014.

Jean's broken at the moment - Avoid.

Loki - Last Updated 20th May, 2014.

An awesome post about Loki on the Official forums.

jubelio posted:

Start with this template

Choose a basic, for leveling Spacial Deception is suggested, once you hit 60 Glacial Shard might be preferrable.

Choose a passive to max. Master Sorcerer for mana costs and extra duration on that fabulous signature move Loki has. The 2 frost passives for offense/defense boosts. Lord of Deception for laughs.

The last few points dump into another passive.

or,

River of Souls Runeword required - no basics variant

Bouncing Bolt is your new basic, lucky you!

A Loki pet build.

Luke Cage - Last Updated April 26th, 2014.

Luke Cage Official Forum Thread
More Luke Cage from the legend that is Harry Tasker.
LemonCurdistan talks about Luke Cage.

Moon Knight - Last Updated March 28th, 2014.

alansmithee did a big post about Moon Knight.

Ms. Marvel - Last Updated 2nd May, 2014.

Basic build for Ms. Marvel. Put points from lunge into regeneration until you get yourself an air force flight suit for the health. Rotation is crashdown whenever you can, wave when it's full, basic all the other times.

Nightcrawler - Last Updated 29th April, 2014.

Windchilla's Nightcrawler survivability/AOE build.

Punisher - Last Updated 02nd May, 2014.

Toshimo posted Punisher for level 60.

Rocket Raccoon - Last Updated 1st April, 2014.

Pyronic posted:

Rocket Raccoon:
I've got Rocket at 30 with one of the most efficient end-game builds currently available to him with his very unfortunate skillset, if you're trying to find an efficient way to play him at high levels try this:

http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/rocket-raccoon#2212vvKv2vsvv2Kvv2/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0
Quick Shot
Personal Defense Screen
Big Flarkin Gun
Gravity Mine
My Friend Groot
Wily Scavenger

1 point in each Turret
1 in Timely Recovery
1 in Procynoid Senses
and throw your extra points into the turret of your choice

A BFG build!

Scarlet Witch - Last Updated April 26th, 2014.

Cease to Hope says 'no more terrible SW builds' and they all vanished.

Spider-man - Last Updated April 1st, 2014.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Max:
- Spidey Pummel (basic)
- Spider-Brawl (single target spirit spend)
- Amazing Smash (signature, big AoE damage and CC)
- Spider to the Fly (damage boost off Web Spray)
- Web Wrecking Ball (trash smasher)
- Spider Sense (defenses)

One Point:
- Web Spray (CC, applies DoT, procs SttF buff)
- Constrictive Webbing
- Superior Agility (good point dump)

Optional:
- Web Shield (point dump, take this if you feel flimsy, don't need it with good enough gear)
- Web Swing Attack (CC break)
- Stick Around instead of Web Wrecking Ball (you do not have enough points for both)

How to play it:
Use Web Spray every 10 seconds to keep your melee damage buffed constantly. Amazing Smash should be used whenever it's off cooldown, otherwise use Web Wrecking Ball for clearing areas or Spider-Brawl for boss killing.

Spidey is super mobile and does a lot of damage, but you will want to give him some defense where you can. You don't need to gear exclusively for defense on him, that would be stupid, but slipping some in where you can is a good idea.

Storm - Last Updated April 1st, 2014.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Storm: http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/storm#vK7K22KvvvvKv22M2M2/95.198.34.192.187.10.12.13.234.96

Max:
Ball Lightning
Lightning Column
Spirited
Freezing Tempest
Quickening Breeze
Crashing Hail

1 point:
Stunning Bolt (Column prereq)
Turbulent Winds
Refreshing Breeze
Windy Flight

Dump:
Stunning Bolt (ups the stun% on Column)

Squirrel Girl - Last Updated May 7th, 2014.

Cease To Hope knows a lot about Squirrel Girl. A lot.
Kelp also knows a lot about Squirrel girl.

Taskmaster - Last Updated April 6th, 2014.

LemonCurdistan posted about Taskmaster!
And so did PoultryHammock.
And so has a tea tree. I bet you just wanted a simple build, huh?

Thing - Last Updated April 26th, 2014.

A rock solid (lol) build.

Thor - Last Updated April 26th, 2014.

Here's a good thread on the official forums about Thor!
Cease To Hope and his Thor. http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/thor#vvy22q22M22vKpvv/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Wolverine - Last Updated April 26th, 2014.

davebo posted:

Why do none of the Wolverine builds max Unleash the Beast? If you can get gear to max it and fill your entire Fury bar every time then brutal slash his single target is godlike. I was in a midtown and I don't know what kind of group buffs the other players were running but I saw a 748k brutal strike in there. Normally I max out around 500k. I don't even have a point in feral growl. The first build seems like its all single target but not optimized for it, and since it's also midnightsoul's I'd just axe it and move his other one up, and leave kryopsis' as a bleed build if people are still doing those.

Here's mine for reference:
http://marvelbase.com/builds/view/1495-Current_build_minus_gear_buffs#vM2KvKv2K2K2vjjKvv/221.101.172.195.185.2.10.13.207.223

Baby Wolferine.

Updates:
28 - Mar - 2014 - Migrated to new thread.
06 - Apr - 2014 - Cut out a lot of stuff and linked to it instead.
23 - Apr - 2014 - updated gambit.
26 - Apr - 2014 - Updated Emma, SG, SW. Added black widow.
27 - Apr - 2014 - Updated cap.
29 - Apr - 2014 - Updated Deadpool. Added invisible woman. Added another Gambit. Added Wolverine. Updated Iron Man. Updated Daredevil. Updated Hawkeye. Added dates of last update. Updated Cable. Updated Luke Cage.
02 - May - 2014 - Updated Updated Cyclops, Hulk, Human Torch, Jean Grey, Loki, Ms Marvel, Punisher.
07 - May - 2014 - Updated Strange, Cable, more squirrel girl jesus christ kelp play someone else.
20 - May - 2014 - Added a loki pet build.
27- May - 2014 - Invisible Woman build added. Added a new Human Torch.

Sion fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 27, 2014

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I see you're missing the one true build, Jesus approved: Baby Wolferine.

Page 353 of the old thread.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
edit: ^^ oh yeah, and that one

Why do none of the Wolverine builds max Unleash the Beast? If you can get gear to max it and fill your entire Fury bar every time then brutal slash his single target is godlike. I was in a midtown and I don't know what kind of group buffs the other players were running but I saw a 748k brutal strike in there. Normally I max out around 500k. I don't even have a point in feral growl. The first build seems like its all single target but not optimized for it, and since it's also midnightsoul's I'd just axe it and move his other one up, and leave kryopsis' as a bleed build if people are still doing those.

Here's mine for reference:
http://marvelbase.com/builds/view/1495-Current_build_minus_gear_buffs#vM2KvKv2K2K2vjjKvv/221.101.172.195.185.2.10.13.207.223

Edit: vv Wolferine build was ICR's I think. Despite the huge amount of time I put into Wolverine since launch I never did a build guide or anything remotely helpful because :effort: The most I've contributed to this community was giving away a bunch of my Pym's Shrinking before I realized they became super rare. Oh you are ICR, duh. Why can't everyone be consistent and boring with their internet names like me?

davebo fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 1, 2014

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

^^absolutely correct. Trust whatever Dave says on his Wolferine. Also, you have to max Unleash the Beast. While I like the guys who made those builds, they are severely outdated and not nearly as effective as what Dave and I do.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Man that Reed/Sue/Psylocke pack is tempting but I can't afford that kind of money right now. :negative:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

For easy access to Sion's Build Post, I've created http://tinyurl.com/sa-builds.

It points to an HTML file on my server that will redirect to Sion's post as a single post. I can update my redirect at any time, so that the URL will always point you to the latest version of Sion's post.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Rocket Raccoon:
I've got Rocket at 30 with one of the most efficient end-game builds currently available to him with his very unfortunate skillset, if you're trying to find an efficient way to play him at high levels try this:

http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/rocket-raccoon#2212vvKv2vsvv2Kvv2/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0
Quick Shot
Personal Defense Screen
Big Flarkin Gun
Gravity Mine
My Friend Groot
Wily Scavenger

1 point in each Turret
1 in Timely Recovery
1 in Procynoid Senses
and throw your extra points into the turret of your choice

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The Punisher, Iron Man, and Ms Marvel builds are also either out of date or wrong. Either way, I've posted updated versions and I can repost them/explain them if needed.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I posted updated guides to Colossus and SW on page 4 or 5 of this thread. I also need to update that SG post, goddamn.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Eiffel On You posted:

I see you're missing the one true build, Jesus approved: Baby Wolferine.

Page 353 of the old thread.

Any chance of a slightly skinned down version of it? Build post is pretty much causing the forums to creak whenever I click the edit button and that post in itself is another 7000 characters.

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season

Kheldarn posted:

For easy access to Sion's Build Post, I've created http://tinyurl.com/sa-builds.

It points to an HTML file on my server that will redirect to Sion's post as a single post. I can update my redirect at any time, so that the URL will always point you to the latest version of Sion's post.

Thank you for this.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Kheldarn posted:

put this under '?builds' on the IRC channel

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sion posted:

Any chance of a slightly skinned down version of it? Build post is pretty much causing the forums to creak whenever I click the edit button and that post in itself is another 7000 characters.

Absolutely. I'll get it under 1,000 for ya and repost here for you to use.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Since the old Spidey build I posted is outdated, here's the current one:

Max:

- Spidey Pummel (basic)

One Point:

- Constrictive Webbing

Optional:

- Web Shield (point dump, take this if you feel flimsy, don't need it with good enough gear)
- Stick Around instead of Web Wrecking Ball (you do not have enough points for both)

How to play it:

Use Web Spray every 10 seconds to keep your melee damage buffed constantly. Amazing Smash should be used whenever it's off cooldown, otherwise use Web Wrecking Ball for clearing areas or Spider-Brawl for boss killing.

Spidey is super mobile and does a lot of damage, but you will want to give him some defense where you can. You don't need to gear exclusively for defense on him, that would be stupid, but slipping some in where you can is a good idea.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can the uniques recipes lower level, or only raise it?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Captain America full Shield Throw build:
http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/captain-america#vvK222MvMvvvvs2K2Kv2/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Shield Swipe
Combat Prowess
Shield Bounce
Shield Expertise
Vibranium Bash
Torqued Shield Throw

1 point in each:
Aggressive Shout
Finest Hour
Fighting Spirit
Patriot's Challenge
Airborne Assault

and all your extra points in Indestructible Shield

EDIT 4/27: With the nerf to Airborne Assault, I'm only putting one point into it, and maxing Vibranium Bash instead, its a nice spirit spender and helps me take down bosses.

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 27, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Storm: http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/storm#vK7K22KvvvvKv22M2M2/95.198.34.192.187.10.12.13.234.96

Max:
Ball Lightning
Lightning Column
Spirited
Freezing Tempest
Quickening Breeze
Crashing Hail

1 point:
Stunning Bolt (Column prereq)
Turbulent Winds
Refreshing Breeze
Windy Flight

Dump:
Stunning Bolt (ups the stun% on Column)

Melee Ms. Marvel: http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/ms-marvel#2K2K2K2K2p1vKvK2vvKv/221.116.253.196.214.10.3.12.0.234 (last artefact should be an Advanced Kung-Fu Training Sequence)

Max:
Mighty Punch
Kree Toughness
Photonic Regeneration
Cosmic Haymaker
Photonic Wave
Flight of the Warbird

1 point:
Defiant Escape
Crashdown Strike
Radiant Cascade
Cruising Altitude

Dump:
Energy Absorption

You can also put a point in Warbird Charge, if you want. This has two advantages: the dash distance is longer, and the coefficient is higher (.35 vs .18 for Flying Lunge). The coefficient matters because it is your proc chance for the Air Force Flight Suit heal (i.e. with Lunge, there is an 18% chance of the heal firing off, vs. 35% for Warbird Charge). Unfortunately, it does a fair bit less damage than Lunge.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 1, 2014

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Aphrodite posted:

Can the uniques recipes lower level, or only raise it?

Only raise

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That sucks. I got a level 60 Mask of Kaine.

I don't know if anything can be more useless.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Aphrodite posted:

That sucks. I got a level 60 Mask of Kaine.

I don't know if anything can be more useless.

Standard Issue USMC Combat Boots

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Kelp Plankton posted:

Since the old Spidey build I posted is outdated, here's the current one:

Max:

- Spidey Pummel (basic)

One Point:

- Constrictive Webbing

Optional:

How to play it:

I do this, but with leaping assault instead of a basic.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BEHOLD! The upcoming change to the Shield Of Perseus!

amthua posted:

Ok, update.

We could not fix the radius so we are sadly removing the proc, and based on community feedback, we are replacing it with 10% chance to gain 100 tenacity (1 minute cooldown)! I personally feel this is a super awesome 15/10 proc! Here's a screen from the test server:

amthua said: This was my attempt at April Fool's Humor. We're going to actually greatly increase the radius on the current proc. Thanks again for the feedback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

My Moon Knight build is earlier in the thread, page 4 or 5 or somewhere around there.

Also that Cage build is out of date, crowbar's typically only used now if you have his crowbar unique and not his knuckledusters-every other situation savage beatdown is typically better.

Also I'm not sure there's a consensus on Strange, especially since so many people are running bug builds. But for anyone just starting:

20 Cinnibar
20 Tendrils
20 Winds
20 Demons
20 Vapors

1 Dreamwalking
1 All-seeing Eye
1 Orb of Agamotto
1 Ancient Training
1 Images of Ikkon
(next 3 are optional)
1 Shield of the Seraphim
1 Seven Rings
1 Seal of the Vishanti

That's 5 maxed skills, all incantations. A bit about the incantations-he has very few non-incantation spells, and all incantations have a cooldown. However, he's got a mechanic where he gets mysticism for each incantation he casts, and after getting 5 mysticism his next incantation will be free and reduce all his cooldowns by 15 seconds. In theory, you can juggle your incantation cycle to maximize your cooldowns and mana efficiency, similar to old mage/hunter spell rotations in WoW. In practice, you just chain smash everything whenever you can while running around. Every incantation I choose to max is AoE except Demons (most of them having truly huge areas). Also, the incantations I tried to pick were also based on the cast time/windup associated with them. This largely disqualified both Flames and Chains, as they seem to have very long casttimes. Of the ones I picked, Cinnibar has the lowest CD so that's something you'll be weaving in between your others very frequently. Winds and especially Vapors have longer cooldowns, but with your chain casting you'll have them up frequently enough. Demons gives back health on hit which helps a bit staying alive (although I still find him soft), and tendrils has a slow that's largely irrelevant but also has a smooth cast animation and instant damage.

After you can either go with a basic if you feel spirit will be an issue, Fangs if you want some more single target for when your incantations, or All-seeing Eye if you want the damage boost and don't mind the relatively long downtime (1 minute CD, 15 seconds duration). Many people also advocate maxing Dreamwalking, but I don't think the points are worth it at all. Also Strange has a lot of powers that could be worth 1 point, but it's up to you if you want to take them to juggle around.

Artifacts will be your general stuff for AoE blasters (Pluvian, PPS), with also having the option for Headband as he's all mental. The regular damage suspects (HoD, GoK, AMA) also apply here-I'd also say that AMA becomes especially good due to how many powers he puts points in-getting +1 to them all is a nice deal.

His uniques are largely fine, although you could look into a Cerebro for slot 5. Doc Ock can also be an option on slot 2 due to his amount of AoE powers. Gungir for legendary with Warlock's eye being an option if you wanna be cute. Crit damage costume with health/25% healing on medkit core. Insignia is Valk/O'Grady. Doom or Doc Ock medallion. Defense Uru with either River or Storm Giant Magi word.

• Locked thread