Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Golgozor posted:

For some reason today all the conquests maps have rubberbanding. Did they break the whole drat thing?

Yeah, pretty much. I could barely play yesterday. It made an almost entirely different game of sneak through the bushes and take your loving time going anywhere. It certainly seems like 64 player servers are completely hosed at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Whoever decided that the attackers on Rush on Nansh get an LAV once they take the first set of MCOM's was a moron. :dice:

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Golgozor posted:

For some reason today all the conquests maps have rubberbanding. Did they break the whole drat thing?

For some reason there was bad lag all weekend. It worked fine for a couple of hours on saturday and then it started lagging like never before, got diceconnected a few times too. Probably the combination of new DLC and double-xp weekend I guess. I managed to get to level 120 anyway and had real fun doing so, the SR-2 is a beast.

Has anyone tried Rush on the Naval Strike maps? I heard they were really bad which is too bad, would have been fun with some new cool Rush maps. Been missing that game mode since BC2/BF3 had really good Rush maps and the ones in BF4 are not fun at all.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, they're pretty bad for Rush maps, and are basically just some variation of Hainan Rush. Easily the worst offender is the Nansha one, If the attackers can take out the first set of MCOMs, they get an LAV and a murderboat while the defenders get no vehicles.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Man, all of the good players must be Premiums playing Naval Strike right now, because I have been on an absolute rampage on the vanilla and China Rising servers this weekend. I think I was MVP in over half the games I played, and that was without any other goons backing me up.

I'm honestly surprised I'm still seeing full Naval Strike servers though, for Conquest at least. I figured more people would give up given how lovely the new maps are to play with the constant rubberbanding, but hey, if it leads to more games like the ones I've been having... :madmax:

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Man, all of the good players must be Premiums playing Naval Strike right now, because I have been on an absolute rampage on the vanilla and China Rising servers this weekend. I think I was MVP in over half the games I played, and that was without any other goons backing me up.

I'm honestly surprised I'm still seeing full Naval Strike servers though, for Conquest at least. I figured more people would give up given how lovely the new maps are to play with the constant rubberbanding, but hey, if it leads to more games like the ones I've been having... :madmax:

You got luck, I had level 100+'s all up my rear end. At least shotguns are cool now.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
I managed to play quite a bit of naval conquest without rubbering, strangely though the us servers had the best latency times for me, i was rubber banding all over the euros (from the UK).

Knifed and teabagged a goon though, made me happy :)

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
So I just got the game this weekend on ps4 but I'm getting the error: cannot connect to EA servers. Is this a planned maintenance or something? On my tablet but I didn't see anyone discussing this. Thanks.

General Lee Awesome
Nov 8, 2009
A Level3 router in Dublin was absolutely horsed over the weekend, which would be fine but literally every EU server I could get into was hosted in Dublin and peered through it :suicide:. Would regularly spike up to 150ms for long periods.

Still managed to get the SR-2 and the SR338 unlocked though. SR-2 seems to be a nicer fit than my trusty MP7, and the SR338 is frickin' awesome for grinding sniper rifles. I decided to see if being a hill wookie really was as soul destroying as it looked, and it was actually surprisingly fun with the SR338. Probably because everyone likes a good wookie wind up by running around in circles whilst they plink away in frustration, except with the SR338 you can lay down about 10 rounds in quick succession, mowing them down with ease.

SR338 with the 6x scope + the 14x variable zoom could be a nice multi purpose medium-long range weapon if used correctly.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Knyteguy posted:

So I just got the game this weekend on ps4 but I'm getting the error: cannot connect to EA servers. Is this a planned maintenance or something? On my tablet but I didn't see anyone discussing this. Thanks.

I briefly had problems but a restart and router power cycle fixed it. Head over to battlefield goons and add some of us!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Golgozor posted:

At least shotguns are cool now.

What did they do to shotguns? Ive been murdering people with shotguns since the beginning, are they improved somehow?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
I fuckin hate LMGs and I'm telling you, the AWS is really, really good.

e
General Lee, I had a hand in fixing that :clint: it was screwing with some of my overseas clients.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Gonna play some hopefully not broken Obliteration.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Pudgygiant posted:

I fuckin hate LMGs and I'm telling you, the AWS is really, really good.

e
General Lee, I had a hand in fixing that :clint: it was screwing with some of my overseas clients.

The aws is awesome. I like to just set up with the bipod and mow whatever comes my way. You can also really easily use it as a big-mag assault rifle.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I'm glad that player models still clip through the environment. :dice: I was able to snipe a guy lying prone on the crane on Rogue from underneath because his knee was going through it. Even solid cover can't protect you in a DICE game. :suicide:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Snackpack Backpack posted:

I'm glad that player models still clip through the environment. :dice: I was able to snipe a guy lying prone on the crane on Rogue from underneath because his knee was going through it. Even solid cover can't protect you in a DICE game. :suicide:

Yet try and vault over a 2ft high piece of rubble and your man just stands there butting his head into an invisible wall.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I've killed a few guys cause their leg was sticking through a wall from a corner they were camping in. Felt good every time

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Here is a video called Bratfink stabs a Wookie:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1406609396272507

I think this may explain stabbing related things to Seedge.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

BitBasher posted:

What did they do to shotguns? Ive been murdering people with shotguns since the beginning, are they improved somehow?

I don't remember the details, but they seem to one hit kill reliably against defensive perkers now.

Big McLargeHuge
Jan 2, 2001

Lebanon LOL

Golgozor posted:

Word on the street is that in true :dice: fashion, the servers from Asia have very little lag and virtually no rubberbanding for those in the US. I'll give that a try tonight to see if that's true.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Big McLargeHuge posted:

Word on the street is that in true :dice: fashion, the servers from Asia have very little lag and virtually no rubberbanding for those in the US. I'll give that a try tonight to see if that's true.

It's not true at all, but the Test servers run phenomenally if all you want to do is play Mortar.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Chalupa Joe posted:

PSFource, more like PSpoors. :smug:

I'm not sure when/if I'll be getting a PS4, it launches here tomorrow, but the quantity of pre-orders mean it's out of stock until at least January... There are plenty of Xbones on the store shelves though :v:

Welp… :(

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
PC with premium was cheaper than buying the Standard PS4 version because NZ prices are worse somehow than Australian ones... and I don't have a PS4.

so um, yeah. I am become autism, destroyer of nerds.

Edit: I don't like how every round I played ended up as both teams lining up at opposite ends of a hallway, spamming grenades with no obvious way to sneak around behind and stab mans.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 1, 2014

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Is premium worth it? I just have vanilla BF4 at the moment.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Hughmoris posted:

Is premium worth it? I just have vanilla BF4 at the moment.

Not until we get custom servers. I see myself buying the next map pack or two but that's it (I skipped second assault and China rising was free).

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Not until we get custom servers. I see myself buying the next map pack or two but that's it (I skipped second assault and China rising was free).

The pro move was selling your China Rising code for 10bux, making Premium 40.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
I did it! :D

Anyone else who is tired of shootymans not working, you may be able to get a refund!

On the downside I guess I can't post here anymore :(

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Chalupa Joe posted:

PC with premium was cheaper than buying the Standard PS4 version because NZ prices are worse somehow than Australian ones... and I don't have a PS4.

so um, yeah. I am become autism, destroyer of nerds.

Edit: I don't like how every round I played ended up as both teams lining up at opposite ends of a hallway, spamming grenades with no obvious way to sneak around behind and stab mans.

Noooooooo! How will I know the state of your K/D in realtime now? :smith:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Currently my Kay Dee, it's bad... bro.

Kind of wanting to hook up a ps3/360 controller because ugh too many buttons and weirdness with keyboard.

Seriously: why does crouch/prone need FOUR options?

Crouch (toggle)
Crouch (hold)
Crouch (toggle) Prone (Hold)
Prone

There are separate movement key options for infantry and every vehicle type.

:pcgaming:

I don't know how to get the iPad battle screen thing working, like if I set up filters in the server browser on the tablet, it propagates through to the PC and vice versa. but I can't join games.

On the plus side, it hasn't crashed yet.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 2, 2014

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
A lot of those options also exist on the consoles, so I'm not sure how plugging in a controller will help.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Much lower option paralysis?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Mercenary Kings is a pretty sweet deal for PS4-havers. The best part is that there's no rubberbanding in co-op. If you're ok with one less dimension it's a fun way to get your shoot/knife mans fix.

Did I mention no lag?

E:

Cute as heck posted:

I did it! :D

Anyone else who is tired of shootymans not working, you may be able to get a refund!

On the downside I guess I can't post here anymore :(

Are the expansions still on your hard drive though? Even if you don't have premium, can't you still access those maps?

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 2, 2014

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Mercenary Kings is a pretty sweet deal for PS4-havers. The best part is that there's no rubberbanding in co-op. If you're ok with one less dimension it's a fun way to get your shoot/knife mans fix.

Did I mention no lag?

Seconding this, most of the time I was on the complete opposite side of the map of where I shoulda been (like in BF4) and did nothing at all to help complete the mission (also like in BF4) but I still had fun.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Did I mention no lag?

E:

Are the expansions still on your hard drive though? Even if you don't have premium, can't you still access those maps?

Oh, I got a full refund for both premium and the base game, just waiting on the second email now.

(Mercenary Kings is the best game)

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Here's a video that mentions the changes in the patch including the shotgun stuff that I couldn't remember (buckshot improved against body armor). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hSjo_5F6-Q

Apparently there's been another change since this patch that makes the g36c the best gun.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Golgozor posted:

Here's a video that mentions the changes in the patch including the shotgun stuff that I couldn't remember (buckshot improved against body armor). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hSjo_5F6-Q

Apparently there's been another change since this patch that makes the g36c the best gun.

I'm pretty sure that g36 patch was an April fools joke. Level caps video on it is very cheeky, and he keeps justifying the buff by saying it's not overpowered if everyone can use it.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

V for Vegans posted:

I'm pretty sure that g36 patch was an April fools joke. Level caps video on it is very cheeky, and he keeps justifying the buff by saying it's not overpowered if everyone can use it.

I forgot april fools day was a thing. That makes sense, his comments did strike me as odd; I thought he was just being sarcastic!
Can anybody confirm that the nail gun pdw was made to be less lovely? I can't tell in game.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I like the G36 :(

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Xbl seems to be screwed up.

Anyone up for robot murder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing