Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
null gallagher
Jan 1, 2014

Gyges posted:

He demanded that Naruto rescue Sakura from the crushing sand hand and get out of there. Subsequently he got super jealous when Naruto busted out his super mass clone technique and started beating Gaara's rear end.

Ahh ok. I read that part of the manga like five years ago, so it was a little fuzzy.

Serious Frolicking posted:

There were a few flashes of his potential to not be a dick, but it was not to be. Even if Itachi hadn't hosed him up so badly, there is also uchiha affective disorder.

I'd say that Itachi deciding to subdue his little brother by using an extremely screwed-up psychological torment technique was also pretty Uchiha Affective Disorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gyges posted:

He demanded that Naruto rescue Sakura from the crushing sand hand and get out of there. Subsequently he got super jealous when Naruto busted out his super mass clone technique and started beating Gaara's rear end.

This started his trek into thinking that no one in Konoha was good enough to train him. He trained with THE Kakashi for like 3 months and he couldn't beat Gaara meanwhile the loser trains with some guy Sasuke doesn't know and he stomps Gaara.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Post Itachi's brain-loving of Sasuke, he had that rooftop fight with Naruto where his raikiri was made to look like a bitchslap next to Naruto's rasengan.
That's when he went full emo and ran off in a sulk to join Orochimaru.

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

I think that this is one of the best moments of the series, one out of the very few

Caros
May 14, 2008

Timid posted:

I think that this is one of the best moments of the series, one out of the very few

Remember when Rasengan could theoretically hurt someone? Those were the days.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Caros posted:

Pfft, it can't even manipulate the space-time continuum.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
Hey, remember Futon Rasen Shuriken? The thing that shreds your body cells to tiny little pieces if it hits you? It has been so useless this entire battle that AFAICR Naruto hasn't bothered trying to use it even once.

This message has been brought to you by bullshit power levels and co., ltd.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Triple Elation posted:

Hey, remember Futon Rasen Shuriken? The thing that shreds your body cells to tiny little pieces if it hits you? It has been so useless this entire battle that AFAICR Naruto hasn't bothered trying to use it even once.

Yeah. One thing I gotta give about dragonball, the Kamehameha at least appeared to be useful all the way through.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Caros posted:

"You gotta use your hands? That's like a baby's [jutsu]!"

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Remember when one handed hand seals were special. :)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Triple Elation posted:

He uses it at least twice: After Sakura powers up and smashes a bunch of juubi clones, she gets mobbed so he throws it while Sasuke uses Kagutsuchi. He brings it out a second time, combining it with Sasuke's black fire to create a new technique, which the Fourth gives a really long winded name.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

He uses it at least twice: After Sakura powers up and smashes a bunch of juubi clones, she gets mobbed so he throws it while Sasuke uses Kagutsuchi. He brings it out a second time, combining it with Sasuke's black fire to create a new technique, which the Fourth gives a really long winded name.

Scorch Release: Halo Gale Jet Black Arrow Style Zero

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1

hiddenriverninja posted:

Oh ok. Does it work?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Triple Elation posted:

Oh ok. Does it work?

What do you think?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Triple Elation posted:

Oh ok. Does it work?

It's Madara we're talking about.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Caros posted:

What do you think?

Kild posted:

It's Madara we're talking about.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1

Caros posted:

What do you think?

Well, I figured it might have temporarily unbalanced absolute defense #17 out of 997.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
New chapter (671)

So...Sasuke and Naruto are finally getting married this chapter.

Also that is a very ominous name for Gai's last technique. A Night Moth is going to fly into the fire and... :(

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New chapter is out... pretty predictable but also pretty good. Can't wait for Gai's Night Moth attack. Everyone who predicted there was still a night version forthcoming congrats.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well at least Madara looks hurt.

Man this whole reincarnation thing is just silly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well this makes how Madara awakened the Rinnegan make a lot more sense.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Moon's Eye Plan is. You'll have to see it for yourself.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I keep thinking that Gai has one final attack that starts with the word Dawn. I mean, he's got Morning, Afternoon, Evening and Night, but given that Naruto is all about Hope and the Future Generation and stuff, you'd think there'd be an attacking called Dawning Dragon or something. Something about how dawn comes when everything appears to be darkest, or dawn of a new day, or some other faux-meaningful bullshit Kishimoto can pull out. Or maybe that's Lee's job.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

BlitzBlast posted:

Well at least Madara looks hurt.

Man this whole reincarnation thing is just silly.

I'm glad it at least wasn't a case special to Naruto and Sasuke and that the whole reincarnation thing happened before

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Hurrah Gai! Also some other stuff.

Nothing surprising here. I did like the quick shout out to the Byakugan. Now I want to know more about them they're aliens!

I did rather like that he was talking to Sasuke and Naruto at the same time. I look forward to a flaming moth.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
2 chapters of senjusplainin, now we can get back to the plot.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

"We're great friends, you know"

I never EVER groan while reading manga.
That was an exception.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
I don't really get how Sasuke fit into this chapter - he was not there and then I guess he was suddenly there and a part of the conversation all along? Can someone explain?

Color me amazed that the Byakugan is still a thing

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Triple Elation posted:

I don't really get how Sasuke fit into this chapter - he was not there and then I guess he was suddenly there and a part of the conversation all along? Can someone explain?

The sage had been speaking with Sasuke at the same time as Naruto, and at this point the two conversations merged. If you are a ghost you can have two separate discussions at the same time I guess.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Triple Elation posted:

I was under the impression that while the Sage was talking to Naruto in Naruto's soul or mind or whatever, he was also talking to Sasuke in Sasuke's mind at the same time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thoren posted:

now we can get back to the plot.

yay?

It looks like that we might actually be getting into the final push now at least. I hope so anyway, another bullshit plot point power up after this would be the straw that breaks the camel's back, fixes it, breaks it, and then does that 5 more times.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, it was another talky chapter, but it did explain a few things, like the byakugan. So when Naruto divorces Sasuke and marries Hinata, will their daughter be a reincarnation of the moon goddess?

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I was under the impression that while the Sage was talking to Naruto in Naruto's soul or mind or whatever, he was also talking to Sasuke in Sasuke's mind at the same time.

This means that we are left to fill in Sasuke's side of the conversation.

Sasuke: Yep. You're pretty much right, old man. Very Naive of you to think that. Indra's methods shall prevail. Well, maybe I do resemble Indra, with my ambition to subvert everything Naruto has been working for and whatnot. Unlike him, however, I do not desire to reach this goal by plugging the population of earth into the Matrix. It is a distasteful plan; people should not experience eternal bliss in a false world, but rather they should be let to live in reality, squirming under the superior heel of the Uchiha as they are wont to do. But then again, what do I know; I have a brain disorder.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Triple Elation posted:

This means that we are left to fill in Sasuke's side of the conversation.

If you think that there won't be a flashback later to Sasuke's side of the conversation, then I don't know if you have been reading Naruto at all the last few years. Kishi, letting the possibility of a long flashback slide? I don't think so.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Well, it was another talky chapter, but it did explain a few things, like the byakugan. So when Naruto divorces Sasuke and marries Hinata, will their daughter be a reincarnation of the moon goddess?

This didn't explain anything about the Byakugan. If anything, just more questions. :(

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Their daughter will be the original moon goddess, because of chakras.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

This didn't explain anything about the Byakugan. If anything, just more questions. :(

Wasn't there some line from way back about how sharingan were derived from byakugan or something like that? Turned out to be true, is all.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Wow, the Mangastream translation is just terrible. Glad I went back and read the Manga Panda one. A sentence I never thought would be true. I figured all the new posts were about sage incest, since Mangastream decided that not only was the Rabbit lady the sage's mom but also the mother of his sons.

Though they did translate Night Moth as Night Guy, so there's that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah mangastream still has better looking scans but their translations for the past few weeks have been absolutely dreadful. I dont know if their previous translator quit or what but just about all their series took a big hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

You know, maybe it's because HomestarRunner finally updated but my mind didn't even parse Night Guy as a mistranslation and it sounded like an actual thing.

• Locked thread