Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grittybeard posted:

TFF favorite Jeff George

Barely counts, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

all the qbs

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Wow. Teddy Bridgewater is visiting the #Patriots tomorrow, source says. It’s not just Johnny Football in Foxboro.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Clearly the Patriots have a whole lot of faith in Ryan Mallett to take the reins of the franchise.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Patriots to send Brady to the Texans for the #1 pick

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
The Patriots are going to draft a QB this year and in two years have a seamless QB transition like the Packers did because god is real and also hates us.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Do the Pats have any extra picks this year? Billy Fiveaces dealing up for Blake Bortles and him leading the Patriots on another decade of dominance would troll TFF twice over.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
JF visiting scares me but I'd definitely be excited at the prospect of drafting Bridgewater if he somehow fell far enough.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

For Sale: Ryan Mallett, Never Used

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Alouicious posted:

For Sale: Ryan Mallett, Never Used

I am calling bullshit on the fact that Mallett never used...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Do the Pats have any extra picks this year? Billy Fiveaces dealing up for Blake Bortles and him leading the Patriots on another decade of dominance would troll TFF twice over.

I'd love every second of it. :colbert:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grozz Nuy posted:

That's too cheap for the Pats. In order to truly drive home how much the world sucks they would take someone like, hmmm, Bryn Renner late in the draft and have him turn into a better quarterback than Brady. Then HotR will come back and tell all of us how obvious it was he was going to be great and they just needed an excuse to put him in while he was a rookie.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

DupaDupa posted:

The Patriots are going to draft a QB this year and in two years have a seamless QB transition like the Packers did because god is real and also hates us.

Nah. Belichick is getting pretty old and he will probably retire within one or two years of Brady.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Imagine Belichick retiring and Kraft installing a Greatest Hits of rear end in a top hat ex Belichick assistants.

Schiano-Mangini-Weiss triumvirate here we come! :getin:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

sean10mm posted:

Imagine Belichick retiring and Kraft installing a Greatest Hits of rear end in a top hat ex Belichick assistants.

Schiano-Mangini-Weiss triumvirate here we come! :getin:

Nah, That would only happen in a just and ideal world.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grozz Nuy posted:

Clearly the Patriots have a whole lot of faith in Ryan Mallett to take the reins of the franchise.

This. The Pats won't draft a QB in the first two rounds, but if one of these guys falls really far, the Patriots could snap them up. I don't think it's likely at all though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It would be so like Belichick to trade up, land Manziel, and keep us from watching him for 3 years while he grooms him.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Is anyone else making an OurLads mock draft? I did one last year and got like ten picks right.
Here's a link, btw: http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft-challenge/mock-drafts

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is there a way to create a SAS NFL Mock Draft group? See who the real draft expert is?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Do you mean a mock draft? Or a group of posters who write up player reports or...I have no idea what you're asking.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

maybe in terms of owning fast food franchises but not in terms of Super Bowls

You've got a point, but that point says that Ed Dickson is a better tight end than Tony Gonzalez.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

You've got a point, but that point says that Ed Dickson is a better tight end than Tony Gonzalez.

He's right :smug:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kirios posted:

Is there a way to create a SAS NFL Mock Draft group? See who the real draft expert is?

More like see who's luckier. The best most accurate mock draft I've ever seen was completed by Peter King. That should tell you something.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Do you mean a mock draft? Or a group of posters who write up player reports or...I have no idea what you're asking.

Similar to Yahoo's NCAA Tournament Pick'Em. Have a SAS Group to project the first round of the NFL draft, and see who gets the most correct. Winner is proclaimed the 2014 SAS Draft Expert or something like that.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Anyone watching Clowney's pro day? I'm pissed I woke up late, but glad I can still catch some of it.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Doltos posted:

More like see who's luckier. The best most accurate mock draft I've ever seen was completed by Peter King. That should tell you something.

I feel like it should probably be possible to predict the first round right?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

PrinceRandom posted:

I feel like it should probably be possible to predict the first round right?

Accurately predicting the nfl draft would be like accurately predicting the ncaa tournament...there is no way in hell anyone could ever get 16 picks in a row correct much less 32.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's possible to predict all of the players who will be drafted in the first round, just not to specific teams. I know that Mayock came close one year and had 30 out of 32 players. Most draft guys, even Kiper, can guess up to 20 out of 32 correctly, as long as you disregard the teams listed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

It tells me you read the works of poo poo writers.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's possible to predict all of the players who will be drafted in the first round, just not to specific teams. I know that Mayock came close one year and had 30 out of 32 players. Most draft guys, even Kiper, can guess up to 20 out of 32 correctly, as long as you disregard the teams listed.

Correct. With trades it has to be impossible to go 32 for 32.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I had a pretty accurate mock draft last year iirc but to predict the trade ups, trade downs, and where a prospect will actually go is nearly impossible. You can sort of hit on who you think is a first round talent, but that's about as far as you can go.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
After missing out on the DJax sweepstakes I really, really want the Chiefs to take ODB. 23 seems like the sweet spot for him as well so hopefully he'll be there, but watching the combine workouts for some of the top guys he just seems so much more fluid in and out of his cuts with ridiculous hand size and great leaping ability. I think him and Bowe would make a pretty great tandem, especially in the red zone. I would really like to see him and Avery outside with Bowe in the slot. Lots of potential match-up problems with that.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Lol. Rare good comment from an NFL.com poster:

-Article

quote:

"I'd welcome the challenges of taking Johnny Manziel," Harbaugh said, according to sfgate.com. "(He) sees the field like nobody I've ever seen see the field in college football. You'd love to work with that."

-Poster

quote:

jim harbaugh is clearly sending the Browns a message..."if you draft him and want me to coach your team down the road I would welcome that"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000338679/article/49ers-harbaugh-id-welcome-challenge-of-taking-manziel

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So I guess Clowney killed it at his pro day today

CollegeFootball 24/7 @NFL_CFB
Clowney drawing rave reviews. Mayock: I've seen enough. DL coaches are shaking their heads + laughing.

Brian T. Smith @ChronBrianSmith
#Clowney runs backward, watched closely by Crennel. Clowney hugs Crennel after. https://vine.co/v/Me9gIWHllEq

(I guess this is to show the fluidity of his hips? Help me out here Daltos)

Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli
O'Brien on SportsCenter said this of his meeting with Clowney: "I got the feeling this guy is a team guy." That's big to him. #Texans

Drew Dougherty @DoughertyDrew
"No. Absolutely not."-Bill O'Brien on whether or not he's concerned w/Clowney's work ethic. #Texans

All aboard the Clowney train

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 2, 2014

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Browns apparently didn't show up to the Pro Day

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

So Clowney to the Texans is pretty much going to happen, right? :(

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Naw, they're grabbing Teddy

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Blitz7x posted:

The Browns apparently didn't show up to the Pro Day

He's going to be gone by then and DE/Rush LB isn't a need for us right now. Not surprising

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

Brian T. Smith @ChronBrianSmith
#Clowney runs backward, watched closely by Crennel. Clowney hugs Crennel after. https://vine.co/v/Me9gIWHllEq

(I guess this is to show the fluidity of his hips? Help me out here Daltos)

I didn't get to watch the pro day because I'm at work :(

But based off that clip holy poo poo he's got the hips of a WR.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

I didn't get to watch the pro day because I'm at work :(

But based off that clip holy poo poo he's got the hips of a WR.

There's also this

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/846732784.gif?1396453667

Too big to upload to imgur and I don't know if this host is ok for leeching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@RossTuckerNFL 21m
Based on Zimmer quotes & what I hear A&M coaches are telling NFL you gotta REALLY love Manziel to take him top 10

I really hope all of this nonsense is just smoke-screens, because the alternative is the best QB draft in years has very little interest in the actual QBs in terms of top picks and that's too insane for me to believe

• Locked thread