Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

AnonSpore posted:

I don't think they've been around that long, you might be confusing them with something else (or it's a case of same name different organizations). CafeID is just an entertainment center/arcade like Next Level or Super Arcade. I think SF4 is the only arcade setup they actually have though.

I thought they also run a shitload of KoF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sire Oblivion posted:

I thought they also run a shitload of KoF?

I think that's the console version. By arcade setup I mean the cabinets and such instead of a monitor+console setup.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

AnonSpore posted:

I don't think they've been around that long, you might be confusing them with something else (or it's a case of same name different organizations). CafeID is just an entertainment center/arcade like Next Level or Super Arcade. I think SF4 is the only arcade setup they actually have though.

Most people found out about cafeid when they sent a bunch of people over to evo 2 years ago, and completely tore up the KOF tournament, with MadKOF beating out Bala in grand finals, coming from losers.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

animatorZed posted:

Most people found out about cafeid when they sent a bunch of people over to evo 2 years ago, and completely tore up the KOF tournament, with MadKOF beating out Bala in grand finals, coming from losers.

Yeah, I'm aware. I'm just saying, CafeID probably wasn't a thing (and certainly not a place for fighting games) until the big Korean FG arcades (Isu Theme Park, the Noryangjin arcades, Abgujeong Joy Plaza, etc) went out of business or did away with their fighting game setups, which I know was much less than a decade ago.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Have there been any MK tourneys lately? I've got a hankering for some Cyrax mirrors.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

http://www.twitch.tv/cafeid

More KoF exhibition/salty suite goodness over at CafeID! Poverty wifi, though, so the stream quality has gone down a little.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 31, 2014

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
http://www.twitch.tv/sandiegofgc

San Diego FGC is up with Marvel Mondays. Tournament starting soon. Currently there are casuals going on with a 4 year old kid doing commentary. Literally.

edit: 4 year old kid is no longer on commentary :(

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 1, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I'd kinda wondered why Poongko wasn't at the CafeID tournament. Turns out he posted on his twitter a few days back that he's boycotting CafeID events; though he won't say why there was evidently some sort of falling out there. He does say he's still training and plans to participate in foreign tournaments on his own money, but still. I think it's a shame as a spectator.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

AnonSpore posted:

I'd kinda wondered why Poongko wasn't at the CafeID tournament. Turns out he posted on his twitter a few days back that he's boycotting CafeID events; though he won't say why there was evidently some sort of falling out there. He does say he's still training and plans to participate in foreign tournaments on his own money, but still. I think it's a shame as a spectator.

Yeah I don't know what's going on there. Aside from Poongko having some kind of personal issue, the only two things that seemed weird to me is the location of the tournament and the prize distribution.

For one, Jeju is a really expensive place. It's an island south of South Korea and it's almost all tourism/vacationing/conferences. There's not many cheap places to stay and they sell out quick on busy weekends. I went there for some school related conference and everything except the most expensive places were sold out. You could get cheap, decent meals on 7-11's ($3 to $5), but eating anywhere else I would spend anywhere from $12 for an average meal to $20+ for stuff like black pig. Any food sold on hotels will be even pricier.

The prize distribution (or lack thereof) was crazy, 1st place getting all the bonus pot is really rough for people who get top 3.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

apple posted:

The prize distribution (or lack thereof) was crazy, 1st place getting all the bonus pot is really rough for people who get top 3.

I didn't realize this, makes more sense why Jwong was so salty after losing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
FGC poverty as always I guess.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

PR Rog made it into Topanga League.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/04/02/topanga-world-league-announced-april-10-13/

Also Battle Circuit's live. Supposedly Sanford, Rico, and Smug will be gunning for the AE title. http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I'm super excited about this. I feel safe saying that PR Rog is the best US SF4 player.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cams posted:

I'm super excited about this. I feel safe saying that PR Rog is the best US SF4 player.

Absolutely, at least for AE2012. No one else has the results he has vs top international players.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Rico vs Sanford coming up.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh snap it's mentos time!

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Loving how Rico's completely embraced his Mentos sponsorship.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Also Chris Hu told me to get my sausage wet. This is the best Battle Circuit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

freshness is dead

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Crazy amount of hype for Sanford matches now. Small price for one stick I guess.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Rather close, but the mentos didn't help in the end. Rico needs a new sponsorship.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

freshness is dead

That was just winners!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

What is up with this pad player

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

"Final Fantasy 4: After Hours" - Victor "Sp00ky" Fontanez

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

10 for UMvC3 tonight? Dang.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

"It's not a burger it's a McChicken!"

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

"Sometimes I like to watch" - Victor Fontanez 2014

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Coach Steve with the pixel comeback. That was hype.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Injustice starting now.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Holy crap the Smug/Sanford fight is insane.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

Smug vs Sanford is hype EVERY.TIME.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Holy crap. Smug in that last round was just... Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

That was some poo poo.

CastDream
Oct 22, 2013
Man, that was a great match. NLBC has really been bringing the hype in the last couple of weeks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I watched Injustice tonight and reinstalled it right after. They've been doing really good the past couple of weeks.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I feel bad for Sanford. You know that loss to Smug was weighing him on him. Coach Steve though.

Blanka and Dudley finals.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Man I was on the edge of my seat that match

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

I feel bad for Sanford.

He's had a rough go the last month or so with dudes really steppin up their game. I also feel like EMP is kinda throwing him under the bus. Not that it's surprising that Triforce is willing to gently caress someone over for himself.

Also this top 4 has been stupid good tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Nativity In Black posted:

He's had a rough go the last month or so with dudes really steppin up their game. I also feel like EMP is kinda throwing him under the bus. Not that it's surprising that Triforce is willing to gently caress someone over for himself.

Also this top 4 has been stupid good tonight.

Yeah, the level of play has been incredible. I just felt bad because Sanford is an emotional player and it's gotta be hard to play right after a tough loss.