Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Thick guano soup.

Yea that describes this show.

I really want this guy to be eaten by bats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Mister Kingdom posted:

I really want this guy to be eaten by bats.

The "Paris Hilton Sex Tape" line and the reaction were pure plutonium.

Dr_Strangelove fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 2, 2014

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This is great stuff. I'm making sure I record this for future entertainment.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
One nice thing I gleaned from the AMA is that they're planning 4 live events this year. Nice! And Mike said at some point they will riff The Godfather.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
RIP Paul

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Liar Lyre posted:

I hope this stuff gets released in some capacity, even if it's just videos hosted on Nat Geo's website.

Yes please, I'm away from a T.V but I want to hate Koalas too :(

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Liar Lyre posted:

I hope this stuff gets released in some capacity, even if it's just videos hosted on Nat Geo's website.

Good news! "Available as RiffTrax VOD on Friday, April 4th!"

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yay! Also, I find the image used for DirectTV pretty funny.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Didn't the show producers ever ask a question about how these lunkheads have multiple chunks of PVC pipe full of human remains?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jet Jaguar posted:

Didn't the show producers ever ask a question about how these lunkheads have multiple chunks of PVC pipe full of human remains?

Do you not?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

jedibeavis posted:

And Mike said at some point they will riff The Godfather.

drat. I mean, Casablanca is a classic and all, but The Godfather seems like it'd be virtually unriffable.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The true takeaway from this AMA:
"All the "At Your Fingertips" series, (we just obtained the last three shorts in this series, btw!)"

Ensign_Ricky posted:

drat. I mean, Casablanca is a classic and all, but The Godfather seems like it'd be virtually unriffable.

It is endlessly quotable as riffs though. Just today we made a terrible mess of a coworker's office as part of a stupid prank that takes way too long to explain, but shouting "YA GUINEA BRAT, NOW CLEAN IT UP" at the end made my day a full 30% better.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
FYI Everyone, all the Total Riff Off episodes are now available as VOD! 4.99 each, and I kinda wish there was a bundle deal, but whatever, I already bought 'em.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

FYI Everyone, all the Total Riff Off episodes are now available as VOD! 4.99 each, and I kinda wish there was a bundle deal, but whatever, I already bought 'em.

At the bottom of the description for each of the Total Riff Off episodes is a bit of text saying: Buy all three at the same time and get a $3 gift certificate! I'm about to buy all 3 also so I will find out soon.

EDIT: I did indeed get the gift certificate. "Thanks for purchasing all three Total Riff Off VODs! We've added a $3 gift certificate to your account."

Brutakas fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 3, 2014

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Brutakas posted:

At the bottom of the description for each of the Total Riff Off episodes is a bit of text saying: Buy all three at the same time and get a $3 gift certificate! I'm about to buy all 3 also so I will find out soon.

EDIT: I did indeed get the gift certificate. "Thanks for purchasing all three Total Riff Off VODs! We've added a $3 gift certificate to your account."

I must've missed that, as I was just interested in purchasing them right away and all. I think there's a Batman short I'm still missing....

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
There have been alot of poorly acted movies in the VOD library but Terror at Tenkiller is quite possibly the worst. The lead actress can barely emote. In the scene where she's at the diner, describing to her friend the threatening phone calls, she comes across as bored and not concerned in the slightest.

and I think the riffers were right: this movie was scored by an 8 year old on a keyboard. So awful and repetitive.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

The Piper posted:

There have been alot of poorly acted movies in the VOD library but Terror at Tenkiller is quite possibly the worst. The lead actress can barely emote. In the scene where she's at the diner, describing to her friend the threatening phone calls, she comes across as bored and not concerned in the slightest.

and I think the riffers were right: this movie was scored by an 8 year old on a keyboard. So awful and repetitive.

Dear God, Terror At Tenkiller is so awful, and I saw it without the rifftrax! It's on a double feature dvd along with The Last Slumber Party, a movie that's even worse than Terror At Tenkiller.
Here is the trailer.
http://youtu.be/XHo0Cl-_0KU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Slasherfan posted:

Dear God, Terror At Tenkiller is so awful, and I saw it without the rifftrax! It's on a double feature dvd along with The Last Slumber Party, a movie that's even worse than Terror At Tenkiller.
Here is the trailer.

Are you sure that's not a fake trailer made like 5 years ago or something? Because I don't think I can believe otherwise.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Are you sure that's not a fake trailer made like 5 years ago or something? Because I don't think I can believe otherwise.

I don't know if that's a real or fan made trailer but the movie is real.
http://www.hysteria-lives.co.uk/hysterialives/Hysteria/last_slumber_party.htm

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

The Total Riff Offs are really good. I wasn't expecting nature shows to work so well in the format, but I had forgotten how melodramatic they tend to be.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Toady posted:

The Total Riff Offs are really good. I wasn't expecting nature shows to work so well in the format, but I had forgotten how melodramatic they tend to be.

...and how awful koalas are.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Koala's are no worse than college students.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Toady posted:

The best one is the loathsome British idiot wandering around Mexico somehow forgetting vampire bats exist long enough to film an entire episode.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The best one is the loathsome British idiot wandering around Mexico somehow forgetting vampire bats exist long enough to film an entire episode.

That loving guy. I was watching with my roommate, who usually doesn't like RiffTrax, but she hated vampire bat guy so much that she loved that episode.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.
My source came through again; I have a copy of the Block short on its way to me in the mail.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Slasherfan posted:

Here is the trailer.

I really need to see this movie now...

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Demon Bat is incredible. It's so stupid and disingenuous. The constant flashes of vampire bats make it look like the editors are mocking him.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Wow. Demon Bat is really funny, but at times the sadness of the whole enterprise detracts from the humor.

I wonder if the guy had a moment of conscience during the film and thought "Good lord, I'm a hack. I'm out here chasing nothing and pretending it's some great adventure when it's actually the world's lamest snipe hunt".

Even if he thought that, thought his editors sure were going the full History Channel on the final cut.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Sephyr posted:

Wow. Demon Bat is really funny, but at times the sadness of the whole enterprise detracts from the humor.

I wonder if the guy had a moment of conscience during the film and thought "Good lord, I'm a hack. I'm out here chasing nothing and pretending it's some great adventure when it's actually the world's lamest snipe hunt".

Even if he thought that, thought his editors sure were going the full History Channel on the final cut.

I wonder how much the editing made him come off as ignorant and insulting to the Mexicans.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Holy poo poo.

quote:

Our latest Video OnDemand is FIST OF FURY! The 1972 Bruce Lee classic! Not to be confused with Fists of Fury, or Jackie Chan’s New Fists of Fury, or Fist of Fury II starring Bruce Li (who himself is not to be confused with Bruce Lee). Oh and also, Fist of Fury is known by a couple other names, The Chinese Connection and The Iron Hand, don’t let that confuse you either! Here’s a good way to keep all these movies straight: this is the one where a guy named Bruce takes on a bunch of corrupt bad guys and kicks everyone’s butt real good. There, that clears it up, right?

It’s a good old-fashioned Hong Kong revenge story. Bruce’s martial arts teacher is killed by members of a rival martial arts school (spoiler: Bruce roars “TEACHERRRR!” at the thundering heavens quite a bit when he hears about this) and, wouldn’t you know it, decides to undertake a one-man mission of vengeance, pitting his Chinese school against their Japanese enemies. It’s kinda like the “slobs vs. snobs” setup of Caddyshack, except with a lot less gopher dancing and a lot more deep ethnic animosity. Fun!

So tense your whole body, make some strange bird sounds, punch a guy to death while you’re not even looking at him, and join Mike, Kevin and Bill for Fist of Fury!

NOTE: We are still working on the full-HD 1080p ("HD High") format. Please check back later!
http://www.rifftrax.com/video/fist-fury

They are nailing it with the releases lately. I can't afford all of this!

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Sephyr posted:

I love the part when he "has to get help from the locals," as if he's surrounded by savages in the middle of nowhere, and all he does is ask some non-English speakers about the road conditions.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
from the rifftrax tumblr:

Bruce Lee ain’t nuthin’ to f#@% with.

Axikal
Apr 13, 2014

Supreme Dragoncat
Has anyone else prepped themselves for the cinematic failure and glory that will be RiffTrax Live: Sharknado?

Official bullshit:

quote:

RiffTrax Live: Sharknado

Who: Mike, Kevin and Bill + You and Your Friends

What: RiffTrax Live: SHARKNADO!

When: Thursday July 10th, 2014. Encore presentation Tuesday July 15th

When: Tickets on Sale Friday May 2nd. Be ready to purchase Day 1. This event will SELL OUT.

Where: Beamed LIVE to 600+ Theaters in the US and Canada from a secret location To Be Announced at a later date

Why: Because it brings us all together.

And official banner!

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

bobservo posted:

I hope no one missed Terror at Tenkiller between Super Mario Bros. and the Sharknado news because it's one of those classic "barely a movie" movies they do so well.
I'm a couple of weeks behind but I watched Terror at Tenkiller on Friday and it is now one of my top 10 Rifftrax movies. They're really on a roll right now with great commentaries.

I rated it 5, but I don't think that makes much difference because even the worst Rifftrax shows up at like 4.1 on their rating system. I wish you people would stop rating every drat movie 4 or 5!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

CapnBry posted:

I'm a couple of weeks behind but I watched Terror at Tenkiller on Friday and it is now one of my top 10 Rifftrax movies. They're really on a roll right now with great commentaries.

I rated it 5, but I don't think that makes much difference because even the worst Rifftrax shows up at like 4.1 on their rating system. I wish you people would stop rating every drat movie 4 or 5!

Well SA voting standards are either 5 or 1 and no riff has deserved a 1 yet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

William's doll is my "1". It's super loving creepy, but that's because of the thing they're riffing, not the riff. It just makes me so uncomfortable.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

quote:

Where: Beamed LIVE to 600+ Theaters in the US and Canada from a secret location To Be Announced at a later date

But probably the Bellcourt.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Norman Gives a Speech is now up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Welcome back, Norman.