Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I would expect there to be some issues just because there will be so many more people logging in than ever before and even MLB.tv has issues on opening day. I do think those issues will be minor, slow loading, brief losses of video, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I would think, if it's possible, that they could take some resources off of the On Demand portion for the time Mania is on the air.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Making the on demand entirely unavailable during PPVs would actually be a smart move

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i was going to exit the stream and watch another wccw match with checkmate vs. bubsy mcgraw instead of the divas invitational

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Some Other Guy posted:

i was going to exit the stream and watch another wccw match with checkmate vs. bubsy mcgraw instead of the divas invitational

the first time I saw Checkmate's shell defense I really wanted Bugsy to punt him.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I would think the HoF would give them some idea of the stress to expect. Obviously not actual WM level, but I would imagine as much or a bit higher then Arrival?

Bad Gandalf
Sep 19, 2010
Not sure if is been posted already but the 360 app just got updated and a load of new content has been added. Not sure if it's fully up to date with the Web version but Elimination Chamber and all the roundtable stuff is there. It also seems to be slightly faster loading some of the interface stuff.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Some Other Guy posted:

If WM totally fucks up on the network do you think they will offer any sort of compensation (I don't know what that would be)or is it written down in some agreement somewhere that buyer beware?

It depends on how big the gently caress-up is, if it's skipping every 10 minutes (like what the Network is doing for me right now where it'll randomly skip back a few seconds before righting itself) then they will say buyer beware, technical glitches are to be expected, etc. On cable you'll see weird glitches like tracking lines or audio cutting out for a few seconds and that is covered under the agreement as being expected with technology.

But if it's something huge like the feed totally cutting out or the audio/video going out of sync (ala Halloween Havoc 1998 or ROH Showdown in the Sun 2012 respectively) they will give subscribers at least a month of free Network. I doubt it'll be that disasterous (because MLBTV is not WCW or GoFightLive, they are a good operation) but Vince will not ignore a big fuckup.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
The network app on the iPad is saying my account is not authorized? I'm in the uk so have they latched onto me, or is this basically the network hiccups?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Bad Gandalf posted:

Not sure if is been posted already but the 360 app just got updated and a load of new content has been added. Not sure if it's fully up to date with the Web version but Elimination Chamber and all the roundtable stuff is there. It also seems to be slightly faster loading some of the interface stuff.

Was just coming in here to post that.

They've finally got round to fixing a lot of the annoying things that made the 360 app a lot worse than the other ways of viewing the network. It seems quicker, but then again I always seem to think that with any software update.

The first thing I've noticed is that they've finally changed the "next PPV" on the title screen to Wrestlemania rather than a picture of mark Henry and "feb 09 00:00 gmt" that's been there since launch.

Is there anywhere to see what the actual update contains?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Really, really hate that the WWE app requires GPS services turned on, even when connecting through wifi. Use IP geolocation, you dolts!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Orgophlax posted:

Really, really hate that the WWE app requires GPS services turned on, even when connecting through wifi. Use IP geolocation, you dolts!
I kind of doubt the couple seconds it turns on GPS will have a major hit on battery.

In any case, I noticed the AppleTV app has put things in reverse order so you don't have to scroll to the bottom of a list to see the most recent episode of something, something I've wanted since launch.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ok, Rob Bartlet in these early RAWs are worth it just for Heenan going. "Where the hell did you get this guy? :psyduck:" Every time he says something stupid.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I should have known what was going to be the #1 RAW moment was going to be. But this countdown felt uninspired after last weeks masterpiece :smith:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

TUS posted:

I should have known what was going to be the #1 RAW moment was going to be. But this countdown felt uninspired after last weeks masterpiece :smith:

Next week's should pick up again, although I somehow think Shockmaster will get a spot in that episode as well.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Man, this LEX LUGER FOR AMERICA face push is so forced.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm watching the IYH: Canadian Stampede show and it's weird that suddenly right between HHH and Undertaker matches we have a stiff strike-filled match between Taka and Great Sasuke. Feels kinda out of place. Also JR super can't say Sasuke. Excited to see the main, though.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Man, this LEX LUGER FOR AMERICA face push is so forced.

I think that all wrestlers who want title shots should have to campaign for them.

I finally watched the Blunders Countdown. I was looking away from the screen when Ambrose did his Dusty impression, and I honestly thought it was just Rhodes talking again.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm watching the IYH: Canadian Stampede show and it's weird that suddenly right between HHH and Undertaker matches we have a stiff strike-filled match between Taka and Great Sasuke. Feels kinda out of place. Also JR super can't say Sasuke. Excited to see the main, though.

The highlight of that show was Bret Hart (with the Hart Foundation) getting a pop so loud you can literally see the camera shake.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

OK the Canadian Stampede 5v5 match has now replaced the Summerslam Nexus vs WWE 7v7 as the perfect tag match to illustrate the "this side is a group of persons, this side is a team." psychology of tag team wrestling. Any other good matches on the Network (Shield excluded) for this idea?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Considering that they have a whole PPV dedicated to them, you'd think any of the team-based Survivor Series matches would be good for that, but I don't think there's a single one that even approaches it.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

DannoMack posted:

The Network won't gently caress up. WWE fucks up pushes, not technical poo poo

Have you not been paying attention? The entire launch of the network was botched.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Your Friend posted:

Yay, I didn't get to see this years Elimination Chamber. Gonna go watch it now.

Same here... I just watched Elimination Chamber for the first time tonight to get me prepped for Mania. Actually, I only watched The Shield vs. Wyatts and the actual Chamber match.

It made me wish they had continued the Shield vs. Wyatts feud and had a rematch at Wrestlemania. Instead, Shield is being wasted on the Old Age Outlaws and one of the most boring wrestlers around. (Kane)

One of the coolest parts of the Chamber match was when Cena had Bryan up for the AA, then Cesaro comes by and lifts them both up for a suplex.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

DannoMack posted:

The Network won't gently caress up. WWE fucks up pushes, not technical poo poo

Sure am glad I'm not paying 60 bucks for this on Sunday

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Grey posted:

Have you not been paying attention? The entire launch of the network was botched.

huh?

Aside for the glitch during NXT Arrival during Tyler Breeze's entrance, I have not had any problems with the network.

I'm also not on a 360 though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Astro7x posted:

huh?

Aside for the glitch during NXT Arrival during Tyler Breeze's entrance, I have not had any problems with the network.

The first day was a nightmare, sign ups were virtually impossible for many people and the VODs didn't function for everyone for a few days. The 360 app didn't work at all for a week and was barely functional for awhile after that. Some of the other apps didn't work too well during the first week either. Just this week they had to issue refunds and an apology to people who were improperly charged. Then you have the live stream glitches during ArRival and this week's Backstage Pass and it is hard to call the launch anything but botched. This isn't even counting the little things like rushing out content from the old 24/7 service that needed to be gradually replaced. It'll probably all turn out OK and they may even have all the subscribers they need to break even, but it's been a rough, rough launch.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Astro7x posted:

huh?

Check out this thread from around the time it launched. It's nothing but people bitching about how it's not working.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

MassRafTer posted:

The first day was a nightmare, sign ups were virtually impossible for many people and the VODs didn't function for everyone for a few days. The 360 app didn't work at all for a week and was barely functional for awhile after that. Some of the other apps didn't work too well during the first week either. Just this week they had to issue refunds and an apology to people who were improperly charged. Then you have the live stream glitches during ArRival and this week's Backstage Pass and it is hard to call the launch anything but botched. This isn't even counting the little things like rushing out content from the old 24/7 service that needed to be gradually replaced. It'll probably all turn out OK and they may even have all the subscribers they need to break even, but it's been a rough, rough launch.

These are all insanely minor things if you've ever done anything ever that experiences bottlenecks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJBuddy posted:

These are all insanely minor things if you've ever done anything ever that experiences bottlenecks.

Except these issues didn't happen with UFC Fight Pass. UFC rolled their service out slower and even though their demand has also been above expectations and they have had very few problems in comparison. WWE chose a much more ambitious launch and it is on them to make sure it works by Wrestlemania. They chose to re-orient their business plan this way with Wrestlemania as the dangling carrot and they've had a ton of problems. The problems are understandable, but given the situation they aren't insanely minor.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

simosimo posted:

The network app on the iPad is saying my account is not authorized? I'm in the uk so have they latched onto me, or is this basically the network hiccups?

The former. They use GPS for mobile devices so you can't cheat.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Other than a brief hiccup for NXT arrival and the VOD being down on day two, it's been absolutely flawless for me.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
Watching King of the Ring 2002 on the network. It's weird to think Hogan was only away from WWF for 9 years, aka the length of time since Cena's first title win. It's an interesting time: Flair's just returning, and is in better shape than late WCW, but he works with Eddie, and tries to do all the poo poo he did with Eddie back in '97, and can't do a lot of it. Eddie's probably sad his program with Austin got scrapped when Austin quit. Kurt looks really small before he discovered HGH. And Hogan calls him "baldy" during the video hype package, which is maybe the most hilarious example of WWE babyfaces being hypocritical scumbags. The crowd chants "Goldberg" at Brock. Molly Holly also carries Trish to a pretty good match, while Jerry acts like having a butt is the worst thing a woman could ever have. The crowd is already dead for babyface Triple H by June.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I think the two hour preshow is essentially them trying to, ideally, work out any issues in time for the show. Then we have the 4 hours that actually is wrestlemania, I'm thinking that hour 1 is probably going to be the worst So I'm guessing the Andre Battle Royal and Shield matches?

Wait... How many announced matches are there for the 4 hour show?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Huh. On Firefox I couldn't seem to login, or it didn't recognize me as being subscribed- but on Chrome it's all fine.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The former. They use GPS for mobile devices so you can't cheat.

So far that has only applied to Android devices, iOS has been fine. Unless they changed something recently, of course.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Onmi posted:

Wait... How many announced matches are there for the 4 hour show?

Battle Royal
Bryan/HHH
Taker/Lesnar
SHIELD/Attitude Era B-Stars
Cena/Wyatt
Orton/Batista/Bryan
Divas Clusterfuck

So seven so far.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Battle Royal
Bryan/HHH
Taker/Lesnar
SHIELD/Attitude Era B-Stars
Cena/Wyatt
Orton/Batista/Bryan
Divas Clusterfuck

So seven so far.

7 matches for a 4 hour show?

Okay so lets assume the 4 Main events get 30 minutes each, that's 2 hours filled then the Divas are not all getting separate entrances, The Tag match might be 20 minutes, and I hope the Battle Royal gets some time to it... I just don't see why the Uso's had to go to the pre-show. I mean sure to get people watching and try to stress test the network.

Though I heard they were thinking about putting an NXT match on there.

Then again, there's probably just a bunch of comedy/celebrity poo poo and maybe a concert.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Onmi posted:

7 matches for a 4 hour show?

Okay so lets assume the 4 Main events get 30 minutes each, that's 2 hours filled then the Divas are not all getting separate entrances, The Tag match might be 20 minutes, and I hope the Battle Royal gets some time to it... I just don't see why the Uso's had to go to the pre-show. I mean sure to get people watching and try to stress test the network.

Though I heard they were thinking about putting an NXT match on there.

Then again, there's probably just a bunch of comedy/celebrity poo poo and maybe a concert.

There's all of the video packages too. Cena/Wyatt will probably have 40 minutes dedicated to it, likely a 20+ minute match, 15 for hype and entrances (Cena's is always big and the Wyatts have a live band) then post match. Bryan and HHH are getting what, 25 minutes for just the match? HHH will get a big entrance and Bryan probably will too unless they save it for the title match. Undertaker/Lesnar will probably get around 40 minutes for everything too. Just those 3 matches should take up 2 hours of show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

There's all of the video packages too. Cena/Wyatt will probably have 40 minutes dedicated to it, likely a 20+ minute match, 15 for hype and entrances (Cena's is always big and the Wyatts have a live band) then post match. Bryan and HHH are getting what, 25 minutes for just the match? HHH will get a big entrance and Bryan probably will too unless they save it for the title match. Undertaker/Lesnar will probably get around 40 minutes for everything too. Just those 3 matches should take up 2 hours of show.

Plus the Hall of Fame bit, an opening promo from host Hulk Hogan, the Santa Clara Mania 31 announcement, a shopzone bit or two, Legends House plug, axxess clips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
The Yokozuna video package in Episode 36 of Raw is something else.

There's also a phone poll as to whether Jack Tunney should reinstate HBK after he was (seemingly) legit suspended and stripped of the title for non-appearances.