Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in

Delzuma posted:

It would be fascinating to see one done with taxidermy teeth like the fuggler dolls. Fascinating, but creepy.

That's too scary, considering that I'd have to get the teeth from somewhere shady

Typical posted:

I hope you guys are ready for season 2, Its gearing up soon, And this year I will be returning as a :siren: Prop Designer :siren:

A Prop for you non production people is a object that a character interacts with, So all the spaceships, spoons, gadgets, vehicles you see in season 2 will be draw by me! hopefully. Unless the art director wants to do it himself.

Oh also you better watch Community this Thursday, for the GI JOE episode. Me and my Goon girlfriend animated and designed on it. we also lost a lot of sleep over it. But I wont go into that.

CelticPredator posted:

I'm going to send you random props to put in the show. :D

Sneak them in, so we can get some goon influence on this show.

That stupid frog could be a subtle background element. Just sayin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was thinking of a two headed alien fetus with a top hat in every scene, but that works too.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Typical, seeing as how you work for Starburns Industries, I can't help but giggle every time the vanity card comes on at the very end of each episode. I don't know why, I just do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvtGDMLIC9Y

EETSA GOOD-A SHOOW

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

Typical, seeing as how you work for Starburns Industries, I can't help but giggle every time the vanity card comes on at the very end of each episode. I don't know why, I just do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvtGDMLIC9Y

EETSA GOOD-A SHOOW

There was a donut shop in my hometown that used that logo and that's exactly the voice I imagined it having.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I didn't know about Grandma's Virginity before this thread, but man, it is exactly the interdimensional TV episode, which is the best episode. Thanks, guys!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Typical posted:

I hope you guys are ready for season 2, Its gearing up soon, And this year I will be returning as a :siren: Prop Designer :siren:

A Prop for you non production people is a object that a character interacts with, So all the spaceships, spoons, gadgets, vehicles you see in season 2 will be draw by me! hopefully. Unless the art director wants to do it himself.

Oh also you better watch Community this Thursday, for the GI JOE episode. Me and my Goon girlfriend animated and designed on it. we also lost a lot of sleep over it. But I wont go into that.

I hadn't heard for certain that you got renewed, so that is amazing news! Congratulations on the promotion and another season!

Uhhh, maybe I'm ignorant, but I get the impression season one is still being worked on...are they banging out new scripts and voice tracks for the new season while you all are still animating the last one? Is this typical or was it a quick renewal and they wanted a fast turnaround?

You were doing the coloring on season one, yeah? Maybe characters next year? What is above props? :3:

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I hadn't heard for certain that you got renewed, so that is amazing news! Congratulations on the promotion and another season!

Uhhh, maybe I'm ignorant, but I get the impression season one is still being worked on...are they banging out new scripts and voice tracks for the new season while you all are still animating the last one? Is this typical or was it a quick renewal and they wanted a fast turnaround?

You were doing the coloring on season one, yeah? Maybe characters next year? What is above props? :3:

When I come to this thread, I have to moderate the information I want to share with you all about the production, I feel like I can’t speak too much about your first question

But yes, Season 1 I did coloring, I would love to do characters, but that is a highly sought after position. I will try though for sure. Something else I really want to do is background design. I think production jobs are all valued similarly by the company. But artists and fans are particularly partial to Character designers. And that tends to get the most respect. Of course the top position would be the art director. The art director has a say in every single design, and makes corrections on all the stuff that is slightly off. He's the one that makes sure the whole show works (As far as design is concerned) and also works with the creator (Justin) to help get ideas across visually. There are also the storyboard people. But I’m not too connected to that part of it. I could go on forever about how it works, but it’s a "Pipeline", look it up if you’re interested in that sort of thing.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Typical posted:

I could go on forever about how it works, but it’s a "Pipeline", look it up if you’re interested in that sort of thing.

why don't you start an A/T thread?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ladron posted:

Seconded

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ladron posted:

I know there are a couple of people around here who work on real professional animation (unless I'm confused again), so an A/T thread would be fantastic. I'd love to hear more from people who actually know what goes on.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Argue posted:

Is this going to be like regular TV where the next season comes 3-6 months later, or is it more like Adventure Time which I don't think has gone on hiatus for longer than a month in the last couple of years?

This is going to be like Gravity Falls, which 'takes a break' or something between two episodes and then gets postponed indefinetly.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It'll be like venture brothers, where instead of a few months between seasons, you get to wait 4 years.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
My DVR recorded the repeat on monday (close encounters of rick kind/gazorpazorp or whatever) but the info on the preview was the new episode info and title. I though I had someone gained access to it early but... Nope.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

EETS-A GOODA SHOW!

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
This show rules and the Mr Meeseeks episode is amazing so far

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Miltank posted:

This show rules and the Mr Meeseeks episode is amazing so far

Oh my sweet summer child

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
ok so I just finished the end of the Rick Potion #9 episode. Is this the best show ever or something what the gently caress!?

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Miltank posted:

ok so I just finished the end of the Rick Potion #9 episode. Is this the best show ever or something what the gently caress!?

It gets better

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Seph posted:

It gets better

Just finished the TV episode. It got better.

E: PLUTOS A loving PLANET! YEEEEEAH

Miltank fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 4, 2014

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
oh my god they just kicked the poo poo out of steve jobs, a skinhead, and that bully from Recess.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And some douche from the Westbero Baptist Church!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Miltank posted:

oh my god they just kicked the poo poo out of steve jobs, a skinhead, and that bully from Recess.

X gonn give it to ya

Not to derail, but this is how the DMX-Zimmerman fight would have played out in my mind's eye.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Miltank posted:

that bully from Recess.

Why didn't I put this together on either of my viewings of this episode!? I thought he looked vaguely familiar.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

VideoTapir posted:

What software are you using?

Anyway: I just set the first frame for half a second or so and the last for about 1 second. Changes the whole mood while still keeping the motion intact. You can do a lot with frame timing. Animation Shop managed to squeeze a few K out as well.

I wanted to use the butter one here (EDIT: Where it's dropping the butter into the peas) but it's actually .2 kb over the limit. Could you possibly tamper with it if possible please :blush:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I wanted to use the butter one here (EDIT: Where it's dropping the butter into the peas) but it's actually .2 kb over the limit. Could you possibly tamper with it if possible please :blush:

drat. Looks like I didn't run the optimization wizard on that one. I sped up the drop a bit, made it look more angry.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
if you adopt that avatar + change your name to butterbot you are a TrueHero

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Thank you very much!

...I'll be passing on the username change, though.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
IT's not like you have to do them at the same time. You can always come around.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Is the next one coming out tomorrow?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tomorrow's Sunday, so no.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Weird, I thought tomorrow was Monday too. Rickdiculous.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Because MrA would rather be rude/snarky than answer the question I will say that the next episode is scheduled for the day after tomorrow. Although at this point that doesn't really mean anything.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
when dmx says break bread with the enemy and summer and rick are on the exercise machine it gets me everytime.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Mr Cynicism posted:

when dmx says break bread with the enemy and summer and rick are on the exercise machine it gets me everytime.

I feel ashamed I didn't pick write anything under my epic avatar. But that would have been it. That or "WUBBA*grunt* LUBBA *grunt* DUB *GRUNT* DUB!"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Affi posted:

I feel ashamed I didn't pick write anything under my epic avatar. But that would have been it. That or "WUBBA*grunt* LUBBA *grunt* DUB *GRUNT* DUB!"
Every time I look at your avatar "X gon' give it to ya, he gon' give it to ya" repeats in my head, timed with the lifting.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
I've been doing this for nineteen years
Niggas wanna fight me? Fight these tears

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
If anybody remembers me, I hereby formally retract my opinion that Rick gives me a gandalf-only-use-magic(science)-when-necessary vibe. He actually makes sentient butter passing robots.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Space T Rex posted:

If anybody remembers me, I hereby formally retract my opinion that Rick gives me a gandalf-only-use-magic(science)-when-necessary vibe. He actually makes sentient butter passing robots.

He has a pretty loose definition of "necessary," given the Meeseeks, and the alternate reality goggles. Though "getting rid of the family" might rank pretty high on his necessity scale I guess.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Space T Rex posted:

A subtle funny thing is that he made it sentient at all. It was completely unnecessary. He might as well(and probably did) have included pain receptors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

VideoTapir posted:

He has a pretty loose definition of "necessary," given the Meeseeks, and the alternate reality goggles. Though "getting rid of the family" might rank pretty high on his necessity scale I guess.
Rick's Priority #1 is "avoiding boredom". Somewhere just below that, if not actually priority #2, is "minimizing the amount of time he has to spend doing dumb poo poo for the family". There's a lot of overlap here.

He's more than willing to exploit science-y stuff and bend reality to do either of these things.

• Locked thread