Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Black Widow delayed ~again~, to end of april (comes out with Invisible Woman?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Artificial additional 'content'

Not a fan.

quote:

Mortal Strike is a boss-only affix and on hit, prevents a hero from healing for two seconds. It’s duration will appear in your Debuff panel on the lower right.

This one is really heavy handed. They couldnt have tested it with like 30% reduced healing?

jubelio fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 3, 2014

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
Says Invisible Woman is on track for the end of the month as well. Wonder how many splinters she will cost, I'm trying to save up for Iron Man as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pimpmust posted:

That's not a delay, that was what we heard last month.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I'm going to be writing up and detailing my Doctor Strange build shortly (when the video finishes uploading) and I really hope this new patch doesn't break something stupid in typical Gaz fashion.

I'm pretty excited about it though, and I think some of you Strange players might enjoy what it has to offer.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Pimpmust posted:

Jesus christ.

Aphrodite posted:

That's not a delay, that was what we heard last month.

The MOTD said it was this week... was that just goon lies........... where is my formal apology from Kelp

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
Just in case people arent upset enough yet:

quote:

Savage Strike - To prevent enemies receiving too many CC immunity stacking effects and therefore making the “good” CC abilities not trigger, Savage Strike no longer has the knock up effect, and it’s based damage has been increased in accordance with removing a short CC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes, I don't know where whoever wrote that heard it was this week.

I even remember people talking about how it won't be ready for Winter Soldier when they last mentioned it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Swagger Dagger posted:

"Mortal Strike is a boss-only affix and on hit, prevents a hero from healing for two seconds. It’s duration will appear in your Debuff panel on the lower right."

Oh, good

We decided our lovely spike damage bosses were not lovely enough, so we made them even worse! Hey, remember when we said we were removing spike damage from the game when we nerfed dodge?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cosmic Prestige Baby Wolferine? Yes, it's happening now.

Also, stupid change for BP Savage Strike as jubelio mentioned above. Guess it wasn't canon enough as only Sagat has Tiger Uppercut. Should have known.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Anyone else getting an error where you have to download the latest patch from the server to log in? I'm using Steam and it's not updating.

E: never mind, it's mid-maintenance. Normally it says "Down for maintenance, try later" or some such for me.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 3, 2014

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Lemon Curdistan posted:

We decided our lovely spike damage bosses were not lovely enough, so we made them even worse! Hey, remember when we said we were removing spike damage from the game when we nerfed dodge?

..... but it isn't spike damage? It's a debuff that prohibits healing for two seconds. That's all.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

nickhimself posted:

..... but it isn't spike damage? It's a debuff that prohibits healing for two seconds. That's all.

The inability to respond to spike damage immediately(via healing) makes spike damage worse. Who wants to take bets on mortal strike not having a cooldown?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

nickhimself posted:

True but healing in general really isn't in a position that I'd consider OP, so this is a really strange direction to take with new boss affixes. I can't imagine it making fights much more interesting, unlike the teleportation affix which may or may not end up being cool.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
How exactly is Cosmic Prestige supposed to take 25 times longer than a regular prestige? Did they slash the XP gains or something?

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

^xp required to hit level n*25 doesn't need to be overcomplicated.

Well I'm glad we all banded together guys so we can share our disappointment in knock-up of the gods being removed.

On the plus side, I guess BP is just getting more damage across the board between the unique changes, (huge) sig buff, and savage strike getting boosted.

More damage = more fun!

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Soooo I loaded the game and logged in and....

Taskmaster is in. As in, available RIGHT NOW.

450g's, 200 splinters.

:woop:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
e;fb ^

https://store.marvelheroes.com/wsstore_en_us/taskmaster-hero-pack.html

WHAT IS EVEN REAL ANYMORE.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Soooo I loaded the game and logged in and....

Taskmaster is in. As in, available RIGHT NOW.

450g's, 200 splinters.

:woop:

Don't play with my heart

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Yeah, Taskmaster is now a thing.

If one of you grabs him, what kinda powers is he packing?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Oh my God the UDON costume :swoon:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
And UDON right out the gate.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holy gently caress no way. Taskmaster is real. I'm crying.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
What can Taskmaster learn from Taskmaster?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I'm considering quitting my job so I can go home and Taskmaster it up

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I finished up a job early and decided to just cut out. Glad I did! Cosmic Cable here I come!

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
That makes the April Fools Day thread even funnier to Gaz since everyone was like "Quit joking and make it real you assholes!!!" and the devs just get to sit there and snicker.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I think the new April Fools trend is just announcing things you're actually going to do. Honestly I think that's way funnier.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Someone post skill trees

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

jubelio posted:

Just in case people arent upset enough yet:

The funny thing about the BP "fix" to me is that uppercut never actually didn't affect the "good" CC-bewildering hex. None of the other CC in this game is any good imo cause dudes are always being tagged with some 3% slow or w/e giving the same cc reduction as an actual stun. Losing the knockup sucks from a humor perspective, but more damage is a fair, if slightly less funny, solution.

Also has anyone checked if the Strange bug is in? The patch notes seem to mess with projections in general, but they don't mention if the actual bug was fixed.

Also Taskmaster addition is cool, makes up for teamups being pushed back imo. Although I'm wondering how well he's been tested.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Oh holy loving poo poo Taskmaster I'm literally going to take the rest of the day off and head home right this very moment.

loving Gaz.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

I think the new April Fools trend is just announcing things you're actually going to do. Honestly I think that's way funnier.

I AM THE MOON posted:

get this troll - taskmaster is real, and gazillion is pulling the rare double-reverse-april fool by convincing people he isn't, by announcing him today.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
He's not in the advanced pack, so the amount of furor about Taskmaster is going to be great.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I hosed up. I left for work late today thinking this wouldn't happen. Then, this happened. It really happened. Taxmaster is real.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Oh god his skill icons in the Photographic Reflexes tree are straight up stolen from other heroes, I love this so much

edit: here is some streaming Taskmans for other prisoners of work http://www.twitch.tv/malesuronline

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Dammit, why must I be stuck at work and have rehearsal all night on Taskmaster day?! I think I'm going to have to drop cash money on him.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Question here: Is there any way to change your email address?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

aaaaaaaaaaa taskmaster

and another prestige

what the gently caress happened to my free time today

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

are you a wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Oh god he has a bunch of toggles (a Spidey toggle, a Hawkeye toggle, a Captain America toggle, a Daredevil toggle, one other I didn't see) for different roles/bonuses and you can have 2 toggles active at a time

Then his Shield skills synergize with his Cap toggle (and so on) and give it additional bonuses

edit: his Ult appears to be "summon a shitload of students to gently caress poo poo up"

• Locked thread