Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

staticman posted:

Every time. Every time there's a shooting or terrorist attack, the calls for genocide happen. Case in point:

https://twitter.com/PatDollard/statuses/451488153468010496

Breitbart: People who call for genocide need not are highly encouraged to apply.

Every single one of these blowhards is full of hot air, and will under no circumstances take the first shot. It's always gotta be someone else who does it. It's the one thing that comforts me about internet genocidal types. They don't have the stones to commit to their worldview, because they need some kind of higher authority (the government, ironically) to endorse it for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Cross-posting this from the Terrible Articles thread because Limbaugh is basically reading this entire Wall Street Journal opinion piece for his opening monologue in defense of his golf buddy

CHARLES G. KOCH posted:

I have devoted most of my life to understanding the principles that enable people to improve their lives. It is those principles—the principles of a free society—that have shaped my life, my family, our company and America itself.

Unfortunately, the fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom are under attack by the nation's own government. That's why, if we want to restore a free society and create greater well-being and opportunity for all Americans, we have no choice but to fight for those principles. I have been doing so for more than 50 years, primarily through educational efforts. It was only in the past decade that I realized the need to also engage in the political process.

A truly free society is based on a vision of respect for people and what they value. In a truly free society, any business that disrespects its customers will fail, and deserves to do so. The same should be true of any government that disrespects its citizens. The central belief and fatal conceit of the current administration is that you are incapable of running your own life, but those in power are capable of running it for you. This is the essence of big government and collectivism.
Instead of encouraging free and open debate, collectivists strive to discredit and intimidate opponents. They engage in character assassination. (I should know, as the almost daily target of their attacks.) This is the approach that Arthur Schopenhauer described in the 19th century, that Saul Alinsky famously advocated in the 20th, and that so many despots have infamously practiced. Such tactics are the antithesis of what is required for a free society—and a telltale sign that the collectivists do not have good answers.
Far from trying to rig the system, I have spent decades opposing cronyism and all political favors, including mandates, subsidies and protective tariffs—even when we benefit from them. I believe that cronyism is nothing more than welfare for the rich and powerful, and should be abolished.
Instead of fostering a system that enables people to help themselves, America is now saddled with a system that destroys value, raises costs, hinders innovation and relegates millions of citizens to a life of poverty, dependency and hopelessness. This is what happens when elected officials believe that people's lives are better run by politicians and regulators than by the people themselves. Those in power fail to see that more government means less liberty, and liberty is the essence of what it means to be American. Love of liberty is the American ideal.

If more businesses (and elected officials) were to embrace a vision of creating real value for people in a principled way, our nation would be far better off—not just today, but for generations to come. I'm dedicated to fighting for that vision. I'm convinced most Americans believe it's worth fighting for, too.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...od%3Dhp_opinion

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Wow, you can smell the Ayn Rand fanfiction folder on his laptop from here.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
I can certainly believe that the Koch brothers, who are engaging in the wholesale purchase of an entire party, are against cronyism.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm really interested to see if they are able to get the base on board with the Kochs. Before they were trying to be the puppetmasters from the shadows but now that most liberals figured out their and ALEC's game and outed them they can't really do that anymore. So obviously the current attempt by the right wing is to combo a "poor wittle Koch bros aren't that bad :(" message along with the idea that they are for TRUE FREEDOM (of themselves to do whatever they want at the expense of the country). Typically the Republican base eats up whatever poo poo they are served with a spoon and ask for more corn in the next batch so I assume it will work here too and any outrage against them will be mollified when the media has to give equal time to the idea that the Koch brothers are modern day philanthropists while they talk about letting the poor starve.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

OAquinas posted:

I can certainly believe that the Koch brothers, who are engaging in the wholesale purchase of an entire party, are against cronyism.

I know it's oldhat to accuse conservatives of projection but god loving drat, seriously.

poor nose
Oct 29, 2005

Did the guy who was just on Rush talking about how great Rush Revere was for his autistic grandson sound like a plant to anyone else?

The guy hit every note: How great both the books were, how much he loved Liberty the horse, how great it was for this young kid and then coyly saying "I just have one more question Rush, for these kids with autism and all the other kids when is the video coming out?"

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I would be as unsurprised by it being a plant as I would by it being someone who is just that loving brainwashed.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

poor nose posted:

Did the guy who was just on Rush talking about how great Rush Revere was for his autistic grandson sound like a plant to anyone else?

When I read this, I imagined Rush talking to an office plant and wondered "What does a plant sound like?" Then I woke up.

The Fort Hood shooter was one Ivan Lopez, who was being treated for mental issues but had not yet been diagnosed with anything. Do we even know if he was Muslim?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Eulogistics posted:

The Fort Hood shooter was one Ivan Lopez, who was being treated for mental issues but had not yet been diagnosed with anything. Do we even know if he was Muslim?

Puerto Rico has approximately 5,000 Muslims out of 3.75 million people, so while anything's possible I'm going to go with "probably not".

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
He's the most subversive of all Muslim denominations: THE DREADED SECRET MUSLIM.

The only other known Dreaded Secret Muslim is Barrack Obama.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Phone posted:

He's the most subversive of all Muslim denominations: THE DREADED SECRET MUSLIM.

The only other known Dreaded Secret Muslim is Barrack Obama.
Well if we knew who all of them were, they wouldn't be secret, now would they?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Leofish posted:

Every single one of these blowhards is full of hot air, and will under no circumstances take the first shot. It's always gotta be someone else who does it. It's the one thing that comforts me about internet genocidal types. They don't have the stones to commit to their worldview, because they need some kind of higher authority (the government, ironically) to endorse it for them.

Dollard totally WOULD take the first shot. He's the loon that went to Iraq to make a documentary glorifying military excess and openly said he wanted to desensitize kids to violence. Ol' Dead Breitbart himself said he was the kind of people that could cause a revolution.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Eulogistics posted:

When I read this, I imagined Rush talking to an office plant and wondered "What does a plant sound like?" Then I woke up.

"Ivan" is a Ruskie name! Maybe he's one them there Chechens! :smug:

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

"Ivan" is a Ruskie name! Maybe he's one them there Chechens! :smug:

A land of Muslim Rooskies With Oil?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
CNN continuously playing the Malaysian plane story makes sense, I mean they're just playing to their main audience. Airplanes in LAX.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
I did some travel today and the right-wing radio response to the most recent Ft Hood shooting is more mental illness background checks (when the time is :airquote: appropriate) and of course more guns.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mercury_Storm posted:

CNN continuously playing the Malaysian plane story makes sense, I mean they're just playing to their main audience. Airplanes in LAX.
The version of CNN that they play in airports actually resembles a real news network, as does CNN International. Only CNN Domestic and CNN Headline are sources for terrible anti-news.

Same thing with Time and Newsweek international editions.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i see noone here is talking about dark enlightenment

good, i guess.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Actually there was so much Muslim left over from the last shooting that it retroactively made this next guy a Muslim.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

poor nose posted:

The guy hit every note: How great both the books were, how much he loved Liberty the horse, how great it was for this young kid and then coyly saying "I just have one more question Rush, for these kids with autism and all the other kids when is the video coming out?"

I haven't had the "pleasure" of regularly listening to Rush for a while, but the last time I did (maybe back in December) there was a group of about three callers that I'm almost certain were plants. They all called in specifically to talk about Rush Revere and they all mentioned how much they loved Liberty the horse. Now, the idea of an adult calling into a radio show to sing the praises of a children's book is utterly bizarre to me to begin with, but the number of times they mentioned the horse by name definitely made it feel like someone was reading from a checklist.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Race Realists posted:

i see noone here is talking about dark enlightenment

good, i guess.

Of course I had to google this. http://www.vocativ.com/culture/uncategorized/dark-enlightenment-creepy-internet-movement-youd-better-take-seriously/

and of course it's stupid as gently caress

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

That article takes a bunch of angry internet nerds entirely too seriously.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Zeroisanumber posted:

That article takes a bunch of angry internet nerds entirely too seriously.

Just wait till all the MLP fans and Otherkin form their own political party and cast us into darkness. Then you'll be sorry for doubting the internet.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

cafel posted:

Just wait till all the MLP fans and Otherkin form their own political party and cast us into darkness. Then you'll be sorry for doubting the internet.

On the other hand, the Dark Enlightenment website and those dorky M:TG cards that they all made for themselves would be great fodder for an ALotD article.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Article posted:

Once you've been red-pilled

I have yet to hear "red-pilled" used in a non-Matrix discussion that wasn't an immediate cue to ignore whatever was being said.

Article posted:

democracy is doom itself

how do you even respond to that without either laughing in their face or staring in slack-jawed confusion/horror?

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Eulogistics posted:

how do you even respond to that without either laughing in their face or staring in slack-jawed confusion/horror?

"I'm sorry, what was that? I was distracted by your black trench coat, fedora and terrible facial hair."

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Wow, it didn't take long for Jimmy Fallon to start courting Leno's audience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwBZObfp24c

Also,

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/04/02/jimmy-fallon-shreds-obamacare

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
In his defense Fallon didn't get where he is by taking sides or having a discernible personality.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

He sure is taking sides in the Obamacare takedown, which seems uncharacteristic for him. The way he presents Palin as some sort of foreign policy expert is just embarassing to watch.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

beatlegs posted:

He sure is taking sides in the Obamacare takedown, which seems uncharacteristic for him. The way he presents Palin as some sort of foreign policy expert is just embarassing to watch.

Oh, please. The ACA gag is pretty great. Sure it ignores a lot of context, but there is humorous irony in celebrating people doing something that is essentially mandatory. And he hardly paints Palin as a foreign policy expert. The prediction angle is just a hook into a character piece where he gets to play Putin, and Palin gets to play Palin. The NSA barb is soft and milquetoast that it's not worth getting worked up over.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Anyone forming actionable opinions about Palin from watching her with Fallon in a skit is a lost cause anyway.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Local rightwing fuckstain is talking about Fort Hood and PTSD diagnoses and said a lot of soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan come home as "damaged goods" and that another group pushes for a PTSD diagnosis so they get more monthly benefits.

Classy piece of poo poo from the party of ARE TROOPS.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Local rightwing fuckstain is talking about Fort Hood and PTSD diagnoses and said a lot of soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan come home as "damaged goods" and that another group pushes for a PTSD diagnosis so they get more monthly benefits.

To be entirely honest: when it's time for soldiers to separate, they start finding all kinds of poo poo wrong with them in order to get anything from the VA. The physicians that do the examinations and make the documentation represent the interests of the VA though, so it's not like everyone is in it together to pass out the free money; actually getting benefits when you're hosed up is the most painful process I've ever witnessed.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

OAquinas posted:

Sure, if cronyism is defined as "choosing someone besides the best candidate i.e. me". Every person in government or elsewhere who isn't Koch or his friends is a crony. It's an epidemic!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sometimes I have to touch the poop even more than usual so I check out conservative news media and these caught my eye today.

Just in case anyone was confused about the journalistic integrity of Breitbart News, this story points out how Breitbart charged a Texas Tea Party group $7,000, to come and cover their event.

quote:

On March 15, the group called Patriots Rally for Freedom held a rally in Martindale, Texas. In the lead-up to the event, organizers asked Breitbart News — which recently announced a “Texas bureau” — to cover the gathering.

But according to Ken Crow, the tea party activist and founder of TeaPartyCommunity.com who made the call to Breitbart, the site would only cover the event if the tea party group paid for it.

Crow said that Dan Fleuette, the person he spoke with at Breitbart News, insisted that the media organization would need $11,000 to come and cover the event. In an interview with The Daily Caller’s Mirror blog Wednesday night, Crow said Fleuette eventually acquiesced to $7,000 plus travel expenses. But upon hearing the price, the women organizing the rally flipped out. “The girls are screaming, ‘WE DON’T HAVE SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!’” Crow recalled.

There is some confusion over Fleuette’s role within the Breitbart News organization. While Stranahan and Crow referred to him as a “vice president” during the interview, sources familiar with the operation explain that Fleuette is known around the company as “Bannon’s guy,” or in cruder terms, “Bannon’s bitch” — a reference to Breitbart News Executive Chairman Steve Bannon.

Well there doesn't seem to be any love lost between Tucker Carlson's rag and Breitbart's ghost.

Then we had this news which, in my opinion, makes it look like Ben Carson actually believes his own news clippings, that, somehow, he could be less of a joke candidate than Herman Cain.

quote:

Ben Carson releases principles for Obamacare replacement

*Our health is the most personal and important thing we possess, therefore its care must be under our control.

*Centralization and bureaucracy are the antithesis of personalization, and only discourage choice and innovation.

*Large-scale change should not be imposed from above. Instead, we must have the freedom to choose what is best for our families and build on proven successes.

*Advancing technology and innovation can reduce costs and increase efficiency but every individual must always own and control their personal medical information.

*States should have maximum flexibility to design the programs that serve their citizens.

*Employers and individuals purchasing health insurance must always be free to buy coverage and benefits consistent with their moral and religious beliefs.

*Physicians are the backbone of our healthcare system and deserve to practice in an environment free of unnecessary, frivolous and costly lawsuits.

Yes, states rights ya'll; because during the 200 years before the ACA, they did such a great job with the patchwork insurance puzzle of health care.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I heard people at working talking about how there is NO WAY this guy had PTSD because he never saw combat. I guess driving around Iraq fearing IEDs are going to blow off your legs and dick isn't traumatic at all unless it actually happens.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Eulogistics posted:

To be entirely honest: when it's time for soldiers to separate, they start finding all kinds of poo poo wrong with them in order to get anything from the VA. The physicians that do the examinations and make the documentation represent the interests of the VA though, so it's not like everyone is in it together to pass out the free money; actually getting benefits when you're hosed up is the most painful process I've ever witnessed.

I worked for the VA for a few years, part of it in claims processing, I'm very aware.

And I'm sure there are people who pretend to have PTSD for benefits, but it's already so stigmatized and so difficult to get vets with legit problems to seek treatment (and actually getting it is a whole different problem) that this desk jockey cocksucker doesn't need to inject his wellfare parasite bullshit into an already messy situation. I know veterans who won't even seek benefits because they don't feel like their issues are severe enough to justify it and it's because of assholes like this guy.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
We talked about ~Dark Enlightenment~ in the Should Barack Obama appoint Eric Schmidt CEO of America? discussion

Ron Paul 2016

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Cardboard Box A posted:

We talked about ~Dark Enlightenment~ in the Should Barack Obama appoint Eric Schmidt CEO of America? discussion

Ron Paul 2016

So does his blimp help get us part way into space or what?