Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Major Dick and XimXam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

Boxman posted:

Sup, midwest buddy?

loving weatherman has been talking for like ten minutes straight. FINE NBC, I guess I'll just watch Community on Hulu tomorrow.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

GOD DAMMIT NBC No one gives a poo poo about the confirmed tornado...

No wait, people probably do. You may continue.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So this is a redo of the Christmas episode but with Jeff dealing with the fact that he's 'old' instead.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Britta is right. And only imaginary Britta.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This is making me think that a Sealab'd version of GI Joe on Adult Swim could be amazing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Prime Material Plane- D&D callback!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
This is one of the best episode of the season. Poor Jeff :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Poque posted:

This is making me think that a Sealab'd version of GI Joe on Adult Swim could be amazing.

Well, its kind of already been done.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Holy poo poo that's right out of the Old D&D Deities and demigods

http://i.imgur.com/EXsJc7G.jpg

Look at the rack I gave you, they'll stay like that forever1

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I will never stop laughing at lovely animation jokes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Take me with you! I want to see womens breasts!

Whoa, that was a obscure detail.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Everyone dies eventually.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What am I again?
Chinese!
I feel Korean.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Isn't Ken Jeong actually Korean?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

That's probably the joke, yeah.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

And Danni Pudi's 35.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spoonsy posted:

And Danni Pudi's 35.

Wonderful.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Any chance they actually sell these as action figures?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yes a PSA!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Graffiti is bad, go play sports.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I wasn't sure what to think at first, but that was some well-done madness.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Well, that episode made me feel old.

That was the point, right?

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Haha the PSA was a nice parody of parodies. Thought it was a great episode, but my mom was pretty lost without knowledge of GI Joe.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Batmasterson posted:

Haha the PSA was a nice parody of parodies. Thought it was a great episode, but my mom was pretty lost without knowledge of GI Joe.

I think the only thing you needed to know about GI Joe was that it was an 80's-90's cartoon, i.e. that it exists.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo, a SCUD cameo!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Clever but not particularly funny. AITOO?

silly
Jul 15, 2004

"I saw it get by the mound, and I saw Superman at second base."
No mention yet of the TIE Fighter sounds for the Submachopter? For shame.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
This episode didn't really do much for me. I never watched G.I. Joe, or had any knowledge about it except a few toy commercials here and there. Most of the jokes went over my head and I had no nostalgia factor to fall back on. Usually this show is good about having plenty of humor or storyline for when you're unfamiliar with the source material, but this time it just didn't.

Oh well, there's always next week, and I'm sure it was awesome for all you old farts.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Anyone else notice that the young Jeff from the commercials is the same from the fooseball episode?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Love the "HARMON SUCKS" graffiti at the end.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

silly posted:

No mention yet of the TIE Fighter sounds for the Submachopter? For shame.

I was trying to figure out why that sound was so drat familiar, thanks :downs:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Until they specifically said they were using the stereotype of Annie being a control freak near the end of the episode, I thought they had gone somewhere totally different with "Tight Ship."

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Mons Hubris posted:

Until they specifically said they were using the stereotype of Annie being a control freak near the end of the episode, I thought they had gone somewhere totally different with "Tight Ship."

It's a double-entendre.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Olivia42 posted:

This episode didn't really do much for me. I never watched G.I. Joe, or had any knowledge about it except a few toy commercials here and there. Most of the jokes went over my head and I had no nostalgia factor to fall back on. Usually this show is good about having plenty of humor or storyline for when you're unfamiliar with the source material, but this time it just didn't.
I've never seen an episode of GI Joe or owned a toy (don't think it was big here in the UK) but I still thought it was funny. I'm not sure there was any heavy references to the property beyond a few names and just general '90s cartoon parody.

conrack
Oct 4, 2006

Olivia42 posted:

Oh well, there's always next week, and I'm sure it was awesome for all you old farts.

I'm kind of with you actually, and I grew up with the cartoon. It wasn't bad or anything, but I didn't really laugh out loud until the last part when he woke up and Ken Jeong started "trying" to read the Korean.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

conrack posted:

I'm kind of with you actually, and I grew up with the cartoon. It wasn't bad or anything, but I didn't really laugh out loud until the last part when he woke up and Ken Jeong started "trying" to read the Korean.

Same here. I think it would've been better with a bit more 'framework'- like, more real world cuts to balance out the cartoon. I dunno.

I did get a few laughs, and I can appreciate the apparently massive amount of work that went into it, butttt, yeah. Not necessarily for me I don't think. Oh well! On to next week.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
I didn't grow up with G.I. Joe either, but that rock gag was the gift that kept on giving.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I don't particularly like GI Joe but that was a pretty fun episode, even if the whole Jeff is hallucinating due to booze and unknown drugs thing was pretty forced and bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Olivia42 posted:

:thejoke:

The episode was about Jeff's fear of no longer being a young man or even an adult, but becoming an old fart. The card on his desk from Pierce said something like "welcome to the club" and was sitting next to a bottle of scotch with "40" printed on it. They have always shown Jeff being terrified that if he doesn't change his behaviour that he will end up like Pierce. I thought it was pretty great.

I can explain that but I can't explain why Shirley constantly using I HAVE THREE KIDS like it's punctuation made me laugh so much. And I dont want to.

• Locked thread