Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Dehry posted:

http://manga25.com/en/

Apparently this whole site's catalog is getting added to crunchyroll and it's been announced since the start of the month.

hahahaha what the gently caress this looks terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I thought they were getting into "Anime-style" western programming with the Colormail English dub. That one is just awful.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Reminder that rwby is/was on crunchyroll.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

unpronounceable posted:

It's a joke. They don't have a show page up for it, which they always do for their other announcements.

Wouldn't that super piss off any/all companies that are currently negotiating to rights for this show? This seems like something that could get them in a lot of trouble, doesn't really seem like a joke. I guess it's just a forum post and not an actual press release, but still, weird.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
April 1st is long over and the announcement is still completely unchanged, so I think it's safe to say at this point that it's an actual real announcement and the joke is that they chose April 1st for an announcement this big.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Majin Bone might have been an okay shounen action thing but man it looks cheap, like early 2000's digital animation bad.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Okay, it's for real now:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure

quote:

Not only will be be streaming the latest series, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, but we'll also have the first season up as well!

Both will be available starting on Friday, April 4, at 9:30am Pacific Time, 1 hour after Japanese broadcast, and will be available for Crunchyroll members WORLDWIDE ex Japan!

aers
Feb 15, 2012

It was, in fact, always for real.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I wonder if they'll be using the Bluray raws for the JoJo part 1 and 2

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

KoB
May 1, 2009

aers posted:

It was, in fact, always for real.

You thought it was a prank, but it was me, Dio!

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
I'll watch Jojos and probably Arc-V, since i still like Yugioh for some reason, I don't remember Date A Live being too bad so i'll try and keep up with it. Honestly at this point i'm just waiting for them to bring back Bleach since it's basically the only one of the current popular manga i keep up with.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
Disk Wars is pretty amazing for all the wrong reasons, as I'm sure everyone expected. Spent a solid minute laughing at Dr. Strange's design.

Similarly I'm not going to get over Hulk's face any time soon.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Oh. Oh my. That's even more terrible than I expected

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome
Wasp doesn't look that bad...

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Disk Wars is Toei's ugliest show in a long time which is funny since they specialize in ugly.

The character designer is just bad.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"Just shat his pants while holding a melon" Hulk should be a costume in marvel heroes.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Crunchy picked up One Week Friends. :dance:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I don't know about you guys, but the thing that really sticks out to me is the fact that the buffet table in the picture is such obvious stock art it hurts.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

aers posted:

Disk Wars is Toei's ugliest show in a long time which is funny since they specialize in ugly.

Hey now, Kyousougiga was a really good looking show.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Great Rumbler posted:

Hey now, Kyousougiga was a really good looking show.

It was my favorite show of 2013 and I don't disagree. I stand by my statement though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ViggyNash posted:

Crunchy picked up One Week Friends. :dance:

That description is google translate as gently caress.

Crunchyroll posted:

Yuki Hase, a high school boy, is concerned about a girl of his classmate, Kaori Fujimiya. She always stays alone and never tries to become close friends with anyone. Given half a chance one day, it seems that Yuki and Kaori become to have a good relationship that they begin to eat lunch together. Although they enjoy having conversations, Kaori, strangely enough, keeps denying their friendship. On that Friday, she confesses, “I have memory disorder. My memories disappear within one week...."

E: Fingers crossed for Escha and Logy being announced soon. I pay the $8 for CR to avoid having to torrent things.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sakurazuka posted:

Majin Bone might have been an okay shounen action thing but man it looks cheap, like early 2000's digital animation bad.

I actually kind of liked that the style was very 80s-90s elcheapo anime. Some of the visual gags are just as dated, and I'll be damned, but it's just so charming.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

OWLS! posted:

I actually kind of liked that the style was very 80s-90s elcheapo anime. Some of the visual gags are just as dated, and I'll be damned, but it's just so charming.
The animation reminded me of Kyousogiga a lot. As soon as the Toei intro ended, I expected the Kyousogiga song to start. Anyone else? No? Maybe I haven't watched enough Toei stuff.

quote:

04/01 Majin Bone
I have no idea what this is, and apparently the rest of the internet doesn't either. Probably involves trading cards and arcades.
Yeah. I watched the first episode, and I'm pretty sure I still don't know what Majin Bone is. It wasn't unwatchable, though. I just don't know what it's about. At least there were no trading cards....yet. Is Momotaro a popular dog name in Japan?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but has there been an announcement if there is going to be an official stream for Ping Pong? I looked back a bit but I couldn't really find anything.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fiend Computer posted:

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but has there been an announcement if there is going to be an official stream for Ping Pong? I looked back a bit but I couldn't really find anything.

Nothing yet, but it doesn't air until next week. I would expect one around then.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Considering that a grand total of 2 shows have been picked up for streaming so far, just sit tight. 10 shows now (including a couple dramas, so 8). All the announcements will probably be made in the next week.

e: Checked the linup page, and they've also picked up Mushi-Shi :dance: and (if anyone wanted to watch it for its trainwreck/hilariously terrible potential), Blade and Soul.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 4, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Made a thread for Captain Earth because I'm probably going to want to talk about it and there still wasn't any thread for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wixoss (that loving name) seems like a mix of card battle, Madoka and Utena-style 'winner gets a wish granted'. The first episode seemed okay until I realised that the guy the new friend girl wanted to use her wish to get it on with was her twin brother. :rolleyes:

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Selector Infected Wee-Kurosu~ was like Yu-gi-oh having a three-way with Madoka and Mai Hime. The first episode was surprisingly not terrible, but I couldn't get over how jarring the juxtaposition of the deliberately SHAFTy apocalyptic imagery and the hilariously static real-world backgrounds was.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I highly recommend watching the Disk Wars Avengers anime if you at all know Marvel poo poo, because everything looks terrible and it is amazing / terrible. I am literally a minute in and dying every five seconds.

e: I have finished it and I am greatly glad I did

Zorak fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 4, 2014

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Redcrimson posted:

Selector Infected Wee-Kurosu~ was like Yu-gi-oh having a three-way with Madoka and Mai Hime. The first episode was surprisingly not terrible, but I couldn't get over how jarring the juxtaposition of the deliberately SHAFTy apocalyptic imagery and the hilariously static real-world backgrounds was.
Selector Infected WIXOSS: Angelic Slayer

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Blade and Soul is the most generic ~fantasy~ goddamn thing. It's not offensively terrible, aside from some of the outfits, but holy poo poo is it dull. Leave it to Gonzo to make an anime about a lady murdering things with knives boring somehow. I do like that the main character is basically just a silent 90s videogame protagonist, though.

Redcrimson fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 4, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Oh man, I just realized that Mushi-shi and Jojo's are starting today (well, today in 15 minutes, technically). Looks like Friday will be the new Thursday.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Redcrimson posted:

Blade and Soul is the most generic ~fantasy~ goddamn thing.
Yup, seems like another procedurally-generated anime script.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I kind of liked Blade & Soul, sure it was generic but in a comforting sort of way, like a digestive biscuit. I'll probably see how it goes.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou is actually pretty amusing if you like the straight guy surrounded by a bunch of weirdos shtick, and don't mind half of the jokes revolving around the room-mates perverted nature.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 4, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Blade and Soul was just plain bad, not even amusing bad. If you have a tattoo that recognizable, why aren't you hiding it? When an enemy soldier recognizes you, why wouldn't you at least incapacitate him?

e: VV It's not like they have to rip the story straight out of the game. I honestly don't think the premise is that bad, but the screenplay was poo poo.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 4, 2014

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Paracelsus posted:

Yup, seems like another procedurally-generated anime script.

It's worth noting that Blade and Soul is based on a Korean MMO. So, yeah...

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Great Rumbler posted:

It's worth noting that Blade and Soul is based on a Korean MMO. So, yeah...

So they captured that grindy feeling perfectly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I enjoy the fact that Mushishi and JoJo air directly back to back in Japan. Both also look and sound incredible. Can't wait to watch them on Crunchyroll!

e:

Mushi-Shi Season 2, Episode 1, Corresponding Thread

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Episode 1, Corresponding Thread

Zorak fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 4, 2014

• Locked thread