Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

Eyke posted:

aug and sig will always be unusable in my eyes until they fix those awful dots in the scope

Once you go CoD, you don't go back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Eyke posted:

aug and sig will always be unusable in my eyes until they fix those awful dots in the scope

people unironically enable this for all guns and it still blows my mind

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Are the aug and sg those two rifles with scopes? I kinda like those. I feel weird without a scope or ironsights or anything.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Are the aug and sg those two rifles with scopes? I kinda like those. I feel weird without a scope or ironsights or anything.

It feels so unlike counterstrike, I completely hate that I lose the crosshair when I zoom in with those so I've avoided them like the plague, given them to teammates if I somehow ended up with one.

I think I need to start learning though, after seeing the many advantages they have in damage, penetration, and long-range accuracy.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I mean, is there a disadvantage to the dot sights aside from the fact that they are different from the traditional CS setup? I havent found myself minding the dot in the admittedly short time I have been playing, and the zoom is a big advantage to me.

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

I mean, is there a disadvantage to the dot sights aside from the fact that they are different from the traditional CS setup? I havent found myself minding the dot in the admittedly short time I have been playing, and the zoom is a big advantage to me.

depends on the color crosshair you use. for me its unseeable or extreme hard to see 80% of the time.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Sharpie a dot on your screen.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Eyke posted:

depends on the color crosshair you use. for me its unseeable or extreme hard to see 80% of the time.

But the scope dot has been patched to be the same colour as your crosshair? If you can see one you should see the other.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
My friend who unboxed that 1600$ knife got scammed by someone and lost it, despite reading all the advice in this thread and on reddit on how to avoid scammers.

Told him to just trade it in the steam marketplace and never pay for a game again but he got greedy! I guess he wasn't that lucky after all.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

emanresu tnuocca posted:

My friend who unboxed that 1600$ knife got scammed by someone and lost it, despite reading all the advice in this thread and on reddit on how to avoid scammers.

Told him to just trade it in the steam marketplace and never pay for a game again but he got greedy! I guess he wasn't that lucky after all.

Did he go first in a paypal trade or something? I feel like you have to be pretty dumb to get scammed.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I don't know exactly what happened as I didn't want to question him too much since it's a pretty lovely thing to happen to you but I'll try to get more info next time I play with him, he said that pretty much everyone who offered to trade with him appeared to be a scammer and that the one who actually got him worked with a network of guys (or fake accounts maybe?) and gave him a credible impression.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
If I use SweetFX will I get VAC Banned?

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I don't know exactly what happened as I didn't want to question him too much since it's a pretty lovely thing to happen to you but I'll try to get more info next time I play with him, he said that pretty much everyone who offered to trade with him appeared to be a scammer and that the one who actually got him worked with a network of guys (or fake accounts maybe?) and gave him a credible impression.

a fool and his money are soon parted

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

emanresu tnuocca posted:

lmao smh

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Should've sold it for bitcoins

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

NihilCredo posted:

But the scope dot has been patched to be the same colour as your crosshair? If you can see one you should see the other.

it doesn't have the outline so no. just a lovely blurry dot that blends in.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

emanresu tnuocca posted:

And you all said I was crazy

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
drat i gotta get into the scamming business.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
I always wonder what happens when the scammer gets the item or whatever. I can only assume he doesn't actually want the knife, he wants the $1600. So what does he do? Does he turn around and sell it? Is it just scammers all the way down?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I am going to make a steam item tumbling service like bitcoin tumblers to launder your stolen items. but then i steal them :devil:

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

I am going to make a steam item tumbling service like bitcoin tumblers to launder your stolen items. but then i steal them :devil:

This wouldn't work since every item on steam has a unique ID, unlike bitcoin.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

drat i gotta get into the scamming business.

Make a bot to snipe mispriced knives on the market. I've seen 2 screenshots of the same guy who bought 2 for a total of like $10 in the past 2 days. 2 2 2 2222222222

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Ever wonder where your shots disappear to in goonman?

Hoods also wonders the same thing.

Daeno fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 4, 2014

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Scammers are getting pretty creative. Dunno about CS:GO scammers, but for DOTA2 the last one I had seen was basically;

Some random dude adds you, you either accept/decline. If you accept, he just waits until you forget about it (which happens, trust me) and then a second dude adds you. Second dude offers you $$ paypal, he usually has good rep and he offers that you guys use a middleman. So you guys agree on a middleman (doesn't matter who) and that first dude that added you changes his name/profile picture to said middleman, second dude adds him to chat and then they scam you

if you're a dumbass for falling for that ahahahhahhah

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

kcer posted:

Make a bot to snipe mispriced knives on the market. I've seen 2 screenshots of the same guy who bought 2 for a total of like $10 in the past 2 days. 2 2 2 2222222222

They do ban bots for breaking TOS.

RiffRoff
Aug 28, 2012

Strike the earth.

You guys forgot to buy throat armor.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

102 tick pls

Relevant image, hamster is bullet eating monster. this is csgo right here

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 4, 2014

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Am I the only one who sees Doge in the dirt when scoped in? Have I just seen it too much because I hang around terrible people?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

wow

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Babyface Mingo posted:

Scammers are getting pretty creative. Dunno about CS:GO scammers, but for DOTA2 the last one I had seen was basically;

Some random dude adds you, you either accept/decline. If you accept, he just waits until you forget about it (which happens, trust me) and then a second dude adds you. Second dude offers you $$ paypal, he usually has good rep and he offers that you guys use a middleman. So you guys agree on a middleman (doesn't matter who) and that first dude that added you changes his name/profile picture to said middleman, second dude adds him to chat and then they scam you

If you are trading anything worth money, and you still fall for that, then yeah you're kind of a dumbass.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Unbound posted:

If I use SweetFX will I get VAC Banned?

No

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Apogee15 posted:

If you are trading anything worth money, and you still fall for that, then yeah you're kind of a dumbass.

Yeah, one good plan of action for him could have been to trade the knife for cs:go keys, trade the cs:go keys for tf2 keys (give you a quick profit, you can get people to do 4:5 ratios and worse) and then sell the tf2 keys for paypal or to tf2wh or steam market.

DareToSlack
Aug 24, 2006
I'm not gay, but $20 is $20.

Babyface Mingo posted:

This one's been around for a long long time. (I even mentioned it when I was giving advice about the safest way to sell and scams to look out for.)

DareToSlack fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 4, 2014

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I dunno if this is an old bug or what but this happened to me while testing.

It's true! Just ask any pubbie :v: :jihad:

vvv Ah. Makes sense.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 4, 2014

VoiceOfIntuition
Apr 11, 2009
I'm not sure if that's the "bug" you're referring to but the team name changes to the clan name whenever you have a team of people from the same clan.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
"They're long two guys! wait them out! it your only chance"
*both guys round the corner, kill our last teammate*
"Oh nice hearing you have, not hear them coming? Maybe go play backgammon"

:argh: Russian CS players :argh:

Why do so many people have lovely distorted mics that somehow magically seem to pick up the sound of their air conditioning louder than their speech?

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Last night I learned that Vietnamese people can queue on Australian MM servers (with around 200 ping)

"Oh lookout guy he coming inside you"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Stumbletron posted:

Last night I learned that Vietnamese people can queue on Australian MM servers (with around 200 ping)

"Oh lookout guy he coming inside you"

My friends and I like to queue with a Korean dude solely because we like the way he says "middle". Plus he's a good dude and will join in the Nova Wave.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
Just played my first goonman in a dog's age, the pistol round ace really set the tone >: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Video or it didn't happen.

• Locked thread