Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
My fancy new tie is too thin for fancy tie knots I wanted to tie with it :(

Edit: I got a fancy tie knot to work, but a tie I already have looks better with that knot. Why is my life so hard?

Ensign Expendable has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Apr 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I keep getting cut between the same two toes and not realizing it until later.

I only have one bid on my eBay listings and they go out tomorrow, and I feel like I'm wasting the post office's time showing up with one small package.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I was wandering through some alternate views of Game of Thrones and the phrase, "a less naive Ned Stark" made me laugh so hard I choked on my own spit and saw God a little. I think I've had orgasms that were less intense. That kind of poo poo should come with a warning.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

empty sea posted:

I was wandering through some alternate views of Game of Thrones and the phrase, "a less naive Ned Stark" made me laugh so hard I choked on my own spit and saw God a little. I think I've had orgasms that were less intense. That kind of poo poo should come with a warning.

I once laughed at that one hilarious roller coaster (or some amusement ride) video so hard I passed out and fell off my chair. Joke was on me I guess.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ensign Expendable posted:

My fancy new tie is too thin for fancy tie knots I wanted to tie with it :(

Edit: I got a fancy tie knot to work, but a tie I already have looks better with that knot. Why is my life so hard?

Don't use fancy tie knots. They're the fedoras of neckwear. Stick to the three traditional knots: four-in-hand, half-Windsor, and Windsor.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
All my European friends are whining about How I Met Your Mother and I have this terrible feeling all my American friends are going to start doing the same thing in a few hours.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I have a stick of RAM to install for my PC, but I don't want to turn it off :(

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
I stayed up too late trying to catch Mew in that Google Maps Pokémon April Fools thing. I didn't catch him until this morning on the train.

Now I'm extra tired.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I failed my driving test by a relatively small margin.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Don't use fancy tie knots. They're the fedoras of neckwear. Stick to the three traditional knots: four-in-hand, half-Windsor, and Windsor.

Well now I have an even less significant first world problem.

duralict posted:

All my European friends are whining about How I Met Your Mother and I have this terrible feeling all my American friends are going to start doing the same thing in a few hours.

My American friends already started, and I have not yet seen it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Earlier today, I was just about done with my Dr. Pepper and going to take the last swig when I saw that a bug had flown into it and drowned itself. It was just one or two gulps but here I am hours later still lamenting it :saddowns:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

ilysespieces posted:

I stayed up too late trying to catch Mew in that Google Maps Pokémon April Fools thing. I didn't catch him until this morning on the train.

Now I'm extra tired.

I don't have a smartphone, so I can't play. I live really, really close to the Googleplex, too. I bet there's hella rare pokemon there. :sigh:

Edit: My fiance's sister is an amazing hairstylist, and she gave me a haircut today. It looks fabulous, and she got my hair straightened out and frizz-free through some arcane magic involving a hairdryer and some sort of styling product. I can never get my hair to look this good, even with a flat iron and tons of different products (not all at once, mind you). The only problem is, I know it won't look nearly as good tomorrow after I've slept on it and I'm kind of bummed about that. I'm sure it will still look good, just not the same.

Bees on Wheat has a new favorite as of 08:40 on Apr 3, 2014

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Mizufusion posted:

I don't have a smartphone, so I can't play. I live really, really close to the Googleplex, too. I bet there's hella rare pokemon there. :sigh:

Edit: My fiance's sister is an amazing hairstylist, and she gave me a haircut today. It looks fabulous, and she got my hair straightened out and frizz-free through some arcane magic involving a hairdryer and some sort of styling product. I can never get my hair to look this good, even with a flat iron and tons of different products (not all at once, mind you). The only problem is, I know it won't look nearly as good tomorrow after I've slept on it and I'm kind of bummed about that. I'm sure it will still look good, just not the same.

That's why I don't have them blow-dry my hair or really style it beyond maybe some mousse because I can barely operate a flat iron let alone blow-dry my hair into not-a-frizzy-mess. I'd rather not get excited about having cool looking hair that I know will look like poo poo once I wash it.

I played FFX too late after dinner which meant I had to do my nails even later and couldn't shower last night so I had to shower this morning. I went to bed too late and woke up earlier than usual. All my FWP are me staying up too late because I'm a big baby and would rather play video games and paint my nails and not go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I almost got ran over by a bus from my school who ran a red light and I forgot to check the number on it. :cripes:

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
A cashier shortchanged me by $20 but I didn't notice until after the store closed. So now I have to wait until tomorrow to fix it and I don't even know if they will believe me. Now I am unable to sleep, thinking about that goddamn $20.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I've got a tic/twitch in my left eyelid and it's bugging me.

Also, I can't go see the new Captain America movie until Monday because of various reasons.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I did some freelance work for a guy about 4 weeks ago and he still hasn't paid me my $30. After several reminders and promises from him that he'd mail the check. I'm super pissed off about it and the other day he had the nerve to ask if I'd do more work! No! Pay me my goddamn $30!

It sounds like chump change but it's the principle of the thing! Plus it would pay my phone bill for a month.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I came in to work 2 hours after we opened yesterday and the surgery board said one dog would get full bloodwork. So I pulled the panel and sent it off, only to notice that Alison hadn't charged for it and when I asked, she acted like I wasn't supposed to do it at all. It was on the board, dammit. Al, you even went over the board with me before I started. :arghfist:

Can't wait to see what work is like today.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My mom is freaking out because a lady who works in the billing dept at the doctor she goes to told her things about obamacare that were probably not true, but my mom is one of those "freak out first and research later" type people, so she's been calling me and wigging out all morning.

Dammit mom, I love ya but I am not an insurance rep. Call the medicare people if you have questions! :argh:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Netflix finally has season 3 of Bob's Burgers!

And I discovered this now, with enough time to watch one episode, maaaayyybe two, before I go to bed. :negative:

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
I was accepted to this super awesome internship program in Washington D.C. where I can work with a major cable news network full time, but I can't do it because I can't afford to pay the absurd fees that my school is charging me to be enrolled full time over the summer, or pay the money the program wants in addition to that. I have to settle for interning with the best local news station in my area (29th largest Designated Market Area in the United States), whose program has also already accepted me and will cost me about half to do.

tentawesome has a new favorite as of 08:32 on Apr 5, 2014

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I "took a break" from my partner but I'm such a huge needy baby we hooked up immediately the next day. I'm bad at this.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Mister Adequate posted:

And I discovered this now, with enough time to watch one episode, maaaayyybe two, before I go to bed. :negative:

Hulu has seasons 3 and 4

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all

tentawesome posted:

I was accepted to this super awesome internship program in Washington D.C. where I can work with a major cable news network full time, but I can't do it because I can't afford to pay the absurd fees that my school is charging me to be enrolled full time over the summer, or pay the money the program wants in addition to that. I have to settle for interning with the best local news station in my area (29th largest Designated Market Area in the United States), whose program has also already accepted me and will cost me about half to do.

I thought unpaid internships were bad, but now they're actually charging you to do them?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Mister Adequate posted:

I've been too lazy to set up Pipelight on my laptop so I haven't been watching as much NetFlix as I should to justify the cost.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

duralict posted:

I thought unpaid internships were bad, but now they're actually charging you to do them?

I have to pay my school enrollment fees to do any internship (for credit), and the program that set me up with the better internship requires additional fees :(

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I'm not enjoying this new bag of socks as much as I thought I would. :smith:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I finally moved one of my two lighted bookcases into a spot where I can load it up with display stuff to show off, but now I have to figure out how I want the display to look.

Before it was ok because it was just something I'd get to eventually, but now that it's done it's something I have to figure out soon, and that's just like... pressure man.

Then I get to go through it all over again when I move the OTHER lighted bookcase I have into place, in another room.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'm seriously craving pop tarts but the supermarket in the village I live in is lovely and doesn't stock them :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I finally moved one of my two lighted bookcases into a spot where I can load it up with display stuff to show off, but now I have to figure out how I want the display to look.

Before it was ok because it was just something I'd get to eventually, but now that it's done it's something I have to figure out soon, and that's just like... pressure man.

Then I get to go through it all over again when I move the OTHER lighted bookcase I have into place, in another room.

Sometimes it helps to see what other people are doing with their display cases, here's some inspiration for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJhEXSrbIw0

Aradekasta
May 20, 2007
I'm so tired that getting up and going to bed seems like too much work, so I'll just continue loving around on the internet instead.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just had an idea for a cool zombie astronaut figure that I'd like to build, but all the astronaut suits in the scale I wanted to use are way too expensive for me to use and still stay in budget. The really bad thing is I saw Dragon had an astronaut for about 70$ and I got all excited until I found out that was released like 2 years ago and now they are way more :(

Guess my little moon zombie display idea is gonna have to wait for a bit :sigh:

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
I have a cold and I want to take a shower but I have to eat something first so this cold medicine doesn't make my stomach feel like it's on fire. :(

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I have an ear infection and it's preventing me from enjoying the new music I bought.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
I got this pack of neon crazy socks at Walmart for $5 and thus far they've all been alright except for this one pair that got holes in each sock in the exact same spot--the toes and the heels. I only wore them for one day! And they were probably my favorite design of the bunch. RIP neon pink and green socks with orange and blue zebra stripes :(

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I just had an idea for a cool zombie astronaut figure that I'd like to build, but all the astronaut suits in the scale I wanted to use are way too expensive for me to use and still stay in budget. The really bad thing is I saw Dragon had an astronaut for about 70$ and I got all excited until I found out that was released like 2 years ago and now they are way more :(

Guess my little moon zombie display idea is gonna have to wait for a bit :sigh:

Make your own, it's fun and easy! Okay, not that easy.

My first world problem is that the paint I bought is glossier than I thought it would be and doesn't work with primer the way I expected it to, and the store didn't have the kind of paint I usually buy. Now my plastic tank looks weird.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I started playing Maple Story again. :negative:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I'm house-sitting and dog-sitting for my parents over the weekend. Mom usually goes out and buys tasty snacks for me to eat while I stay here. This time she ran out of time so she gave me $40 to buy snacks. Now I want tasty snacks but I have to GO OUT and pick them myself.

:saddowns:

uptown
May 16, 2009
My shower ran out of hot water :( Sure, I had finished washing my hair and body, but I wanted to stand there for a while longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My debit card got demagnetized(not sure how) so my bank ordered a new one and cancelled the broken one. Then the new one got lost in the mail so they cancelled the new one and sent ANOTHER new one, which I'm still waiting for. It'll be coming up on a month overall soon.

• Locked thread